What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

JJ Watt dynasty trade (1 Viewer)

ffwebster

Footballguy
HI guys, 

quick question.

In a 12 team IDP dynasty.

Never missed the playoffs in 12 years.

Been offered JJ Watt for 2018 1st and 2nd rounder.

Too much to pay for Watt?

It wouldnt have been a couple years ago, assuming balanced scoring for offense and defense.  If I believed Watt will return to his all-pro level I'd be willing to pay that, but if I fear his injuries are the start of a general physical breakdown I would pass.

Personally, I am concerned that the "miles ahead of the competition" Watt won't be back, so while he is a premium starter, I'd only do this if I was in "win now or go home" mode.

This is completely dependent upon the scoring and relative value between the offensive and defensive side of the scoring.  As Arodin stated, the days of Watt being so far ahead of all other IDP players is most likely in the past so his value is diminished quite a bit.  I would see if just the 1st rounder would get it done and just leave it at that.  You can always revisit a bit down the line assuming nobody else takes the bait.   

Users who are viewing this thread