What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bill O'Reilly FIRED from Fox News (1 Viewer)

Bill:

New York Times got you fired.

Remember that every time you see a link from them. 

Also:

O'Reilly has denied the allegations; his attorney Marc Kasowitz put out a statement Tuesday saying his client has been "subjected to a brutal campaign of character assassination" from far-left organizations and that he has "irrefutable" evidence to prove it.
Hopefully this evidence makes it to the light of day before one of Hillary's ninja assassins takes O'Reilly out.

TV news coverage just took a huge step back. Thanks Bill O for almost two decades of the most honest, no spin political talk we've ever had in this country. 

Sean, you're the new king. 

? wtf will fox do now?  O'Reilly should say that Fox news was all a shame, and were told what to say to make the RNC look good, and the DNC look bad.  Wait??!  I mean to get back at Fox. 

Bill:

New York Times got you fired.

Remember that every time you see a link from them. 

Also:

Hopefully this evidence makes it to the light of day before one of Hillary's ninja assassins takes O'Reilly out.
WHAT EVIDENCE?  SITE!!!

Just because the lefty slantednews media is against O'Reilly dont prove nothing.  Just shows how much the commies done infiltrated the whole lying liberal whore media!

he was always too full of himself for me.  The constant calling people by their last names was an example.  I did respect his opinion on some things. Maybe Dan Rather can take over.

He sucks. HTH. 
On CBS? Agreed. 

As his more real than the real fake news Colbert Report? Pretty entertaining (albeit in somewhat limited doses... which is still a thousand miles ahead of Bill "O! they say after he gooses them" Reilly

I'm not a huge O'Reilly guy but I liked his show.  Didn't always agree with him but I liked the format.  Gonna be weird with him off the air. Don't really dig any of the other guys on Fox. Hannitty gets on my nerves

Couldn't happen to a more arrogant self centered #######.  

Will be curious to see what blowback will occur from the idiots/viewers who will surely defend this malcontent of a misanthropic philandering ########.
No defense here.  Good riddance to the sexist *******.

I'm not a huge O'Reilly guy but I liked his show.  Didn't always agree with him but I liked the format.  Gonna be weird with him off the air. Don't really dig any of the other guys on Fox. Hannitty gets on my nerves
Same.  I can hardly watch Hannity anymore.  He is much better on the radio for some reason.  You get to hear his human side a lot more.

Hmm, I wonder what Saturday Night Live is going to do about this. 
Probably nothing.

It's one thing to mock someone who is oblivious, but I think O'Reilly is a smart guy who operates with a lot of intentionality. This is one of those times where there really isn't a mock worthy angle.

I'll wait for @wikkidpissah to weigh in as he is the resident arbiter of what constitutes comedic material.

TV news coverage just took a huge step back. Thanks Bill O for almost two decades of the most honest, no spin political talk we've ever had in this country. 

We are the new Kings
We sold your council houses, not to you, but the banks
Up in the stratosphere - wielding the knife
While you said thanks
Oceans of money high in the clouds
But if you hang around
More often than not, it'll trickle down,

While the diggers of the diamonds we wear, labour underground for dear life
On your knees, peasant, and kiss this ring
You're working for the new king

We are the new kings
I'll tell you a tale
We're too big to fall
We're too big to fail

I love Hannity for things like this:

Last night, “Extra’s” AJ Calloway caught up with all of the media darlings, including Fox News star Sean Hannity. Sean did not speak directly to sexual harassment allegations surrounding fellow anchor Bill O’Reilly, but did comment on Bill's future. Though some predict O’Reilly’s days could be numbered on “O’Reilly Factor,” Sean doesn’t expect anything to change at Fox News, saying, “Not at all, none coming, I don’t see any coming.”
He's a regular Oracle of Delphi.

2 hours ago, Scoresman said:

It's ok. He has a bright future. He's a wife beater, abuser, groper, liar, and partisan, hateful, abrasive old white man.

He will be the GOP's pick for the 2020 Presidential election cycle.
So basically he is a Republican version of Alec Baldwin or Keith Olbermann?
Olbermann has never been accused of wife beating, sexual harassment or of abusing/groping women.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll bet he walks away with more coin that cap'n grunge.

They got this part right: Sources briefed on the exit told Sherman that O’Reilly hopes to host one last show so that he can say goodbye to his loyal viewers. As of right now, it appears as if Fox executives will deny O’Reilly this request.

Gone and forgotten if we are lucky. What a piece of work.
What a complete POS. Amazing that so many people watched him, although considering the events of the last year, maybe not so much.

Probably nothing.

It's one thing to mock someone who is oblivious, but I think O'Reilly is a smart guy who operates with a lot of intentionality. This is one of those times where there really isn't a mock worthy angle.

I'll wait for @wikkidpissah to weigh in as he is the resident arbiter of what constitutes comedic material.
It's tough cuz he would have remained pretty tough to lay hands on as long as he kept hands off. His dialectic may be the greatest in schtick history and he almost singlehandedly defeated truth for all contemporary intents & purposes. That's some nuclear Teflon, #####!

He & Trump commiserating probably will be actually funnier than you could write it, but you could try. Him trying to pick up a chick using his schtick instead of his power has some potential.

But he originally had to rehearse this act in front of a mirror like someone who does magic or imitations and i think i'd go there - him using his "factor" to convince himself that he can do without being the greatest fulcrum of public opinion in history of media. Maybe bring in his maid or gardener and rip their pathetic leftyism, when they can barely speak English in reply. Don't matter as long as OReilly wins, right? Of course, i'd have to bring Phil Hartman back from the dead to pull it off and Lorne would kill it in dress anyway.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  I don't even know where to begin. 

No defense here.  Good riddance to the sexist *******.
Yeah this is really inexcusable. 

I enjoyed him sometimes, but often it was the same schtick over and over and it just got boring. He got too big for his own britches years ago. Between him and Megyn Kelly I wasn't sure which one had a bigger ego. 

I really enjoy Tucker... He is entertaining and keeps people honest.  

I honestly don't have a dog in this fight b/c I've never watched 5 minutes of his show. But didn't this all happen b/c of the witch hunt tied to the "James brown wig" comment? 

I really don't know or support any of his past personal history or legal issues, but I just have a problem with "we don't agree with him so lets shut him down by any means necessary" mentality.  

I honestly don't have a dog in this fight b/c I've never watched 5 minutes of his show. But didn't this all happen b/c of the witch hunt tied to the "James brown wig" comment? 

I really don't know or support any of his past personal history or legal issues, but I just have a problem with "we don't agree with him so lets shut him down by any means necessary" mentality.  

:lmao:   

O`Reilly has to be the richest newscaster ever and is worth around 75 million so he does not need the money...but something tells me he won`t be gone for long. Some rating starved network will pick him up.

To be fair, you are correct in that "we" don't agree with him and that's why he was fired. 

Agree with him continually sexually harassing women, co-workers and subordinates, that is. 

O`Reilly has to be the richest newscaster ever and is worth around 75 million so he does not need the money...but something tells me he won`t be gone for long. Some rating starved network will pick him up.
No question. 

Trump TV? Oh I mean. Trump Cabinet?  He'd be one of the more qualified at least. 

While I don't think I've ever watched a whole episode of his show, it wasn't an immediate change the channel type show like Hannity is. I'd watch 5 minutes here and there. Whoever they replace him with will probably be worse.

To be fair, you are correct in that "we" don't agree with him and that's why he was fired. 

Agree with him continually sexually harassing women, co-workers and subordinates, that is. 
agreed, thats despicable and should not be tolerated.

I honestly have not followed the saga, was there a very recent situation that led to this, or was his deep past just uncovered b/c of the 'James Brown wig" comment backlash? 

agreed, thats despicable and should not be tolerated.

I honestly have not followed the saga, was there a very recent situation that led to this, or was his deep past just uncovered b/c of the 'James Brown wig" comment backlash? 
No, it was already in the works (see bolded at the bottom):

https://www.google.com/search?rls=aso&client=gmail&q=bill o'reilly%2Bmaxine waters#spf=1

Bill O'Reilly's sexist put-down of Maxine Waters portended a bigger crisis: Opinion

At the end of last month Bill O'Reilly, the Fox News Channel's chief primetime blowhard, chose to make a super sexist joke about Rep. Maxine Waters of California who, as she often does, had just criticized President Donald Trump. "I didn't hear a word [Waters] said," O'Reilly said during a visit on "Fox & Friends."  He didn't hear Waters, he claimed, because "I was looking at the James Brown wig. If we have a picture of James, it's the same wig."

There were so many transgressions there.  First and foremost, you don't arrogantly admit to ignoring what a woman is saying.  Second, you don't admit to ignoring what a woman is saying because you were, instead, focused on her appearance. Third, you don't admit to ignoring what she's saying, claim to have been focused on her appearance, and then criticize her appearance.  Fourth, you don't suggest that the Godfather of Soul wore a wig.  Fifth, "Papa Don't Take No Mess."  So don't you ever, ever, ever call him "James."  You call him "Mr. Brown."

Waters is 78. She's been in Congress for 27 years. Both her years and her position entitle to her some basic level of respect, but O'Reilly, as he later put it in a statement, chose to say something "dumb."  And he apologized.  But little did he know that his days would be numbered and that in less than a month's time his sexism would have helped bring "The O'Reilly Factor" to a crashing end.

Four days after his put-down of Waters, The New York Times reported that five women had received payouts totaling $13 million from either O'Reilly or 21st Century Fox after accusing O'Reilly of sexual harassment or other misbehavior.

Users who are viewing this thread