What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 NFL Schedule Release Party - 04/20, 8PM, NFL Network - post leaks here? (1 Viewer)

Bills to be AWAY likely versus the division Week 16 and 17 as the World Junior outdoor hockey game needs to be set up and played.  12/24 & 12/31

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone keeps saying Falcons Pats in week 1, but I heard 1 source say it'll be Chiefs Pats which I think would be the better game.  Also, I'd like the Chiefs or Pats to start 0 - 1.

Everyone keeps saying Falcons Pats in week 1, but I heard 1 source say it'll be Chiefs Pats which I think would be the better game.  Also, I'd like the Chiefs or Pats to start 0 - 1.
ooo.  Chiefs/Pats would be a fun way to start.   

I'd like them to both start 0-0-1. ;)  

Reports are Cowboys and Lions will be at home on Thanksgiving too. 
would love to see KC in Dallas in Thanksgiving.  Kinda the perfect game.

Steelers or Cards Panthers in Mo-Town would be fun too. 

ETA: forget the Cards, just noticed the Panthers play in Ford Field this year.  Go Cats!

probably about as many as watch round 6-7 of the draft.
I bet it ends up being more than you think....lots of guys will say no at first, but then find themselves checking it out....for fantasy guys its kind of like a crackhead  who hasn't had any for awhile and then somebody drops a tiny rock in the shag carpet....

Because there are only 2 seasons, football season and the off-season and this is a time to rejoice and plan for trips out of town to go on the road to catch a game, and or decide who is going to what home game for season ticket holders.

I bet it ends up being more than you think....lots of guys will say no at first, but then find themselves checking it out....for fantasy guys its kind of like a crackhead  who hasn't had any for awhile and then somebody drops a tiny rock in the shag carpet....
Maybe. I'll turn on sports radio while driving back from my 6yo's baseball game and check online later.  Which is about the same attention I pay to the late rounds. 

Many Dynasty Leagues open the new Season for business (trading) only after the upcoming NFL Season's Bye Weeks are announced. This is a big night for me, personally - 16 Teamer I run going into its 17th Season, this is our annual meeting. Good times. 04/20 might make it more interesting...

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Vikings will open the season on "Monday Night Football" for the second time in three years. This time, though, they'll be at home, in a matchup that comes with a few subplots (and could eventually add another one).

The Vikings will play host to the New Orleans Saints to open the 2017 season, sources told ESPN Saints reporter Mike Triplett and me. It is only the second time the Saints have visited the Twin Cities since their infamous victory over the Vikings in the 2010 NFC Championship Game, and it means the Vikings' home opener will be in prime time for the second straight season. Their inaugural game at U.S. Bank Stadium was a Week 2 Sunday night victory over the Green Bay Packers last year.

Called it! Pretty happy with the Steelers Schedule.
Sucks for the Raiders that their "home game" against the Pats is in Mexico City.

JaxBill said:
As absurd as it is, Jags don't even get this. 

Zero prime time games.

:finger:
Well, they have a recent track record of boring games in prime time. I'd bet that next year they get 3+ because they have the talent to be an exciting team, Bradley just never brought it all together.

Called it! Pretty happy with the Steelers Schedule.
Sucks for the Raiders that their "home game" against the Pats is in Mexico City.
they volunteered to give up a home game but I am surprised the NFL didn't throw the OAK fans a bone and let them see Brady and the boys come to town before the team leaves for Vegas....and slide in a different team for that game....my guess is that may have been the only way it worked out schedule wise....but I could also see the NFL thinking that Mexico fans are really worth more that Oakland area fans at this point....so they game them a great match up to promote the league in Mexico....

Well, they have a recent track record of boring games in prime time. I'd bet that next year they get 3+ because they have the talent to be an exciting team, Bradley just never brought it all together.
Historically they've only been given one Thursday game the last few years. And even good teams have looked Godawful on Thursdays.

Like you were saying, I figured there's enough young talent that was wasted on HISTORICALLY MOST INEPT COACH that the league would at least check in with them.

Nope.

Practicing my "Even the Jaguars could look better than this" for the Thursday night game threads.

they volunteered to give up a home game but I am surprised the NFL didn't throw the OAK fans a bone and let them see Brady and the boys come to town before the team leaves for Vegas....and slide in a different team for that game....my guess is that may have been the only way it worked out schedule wise....but I could also see the NFL thinking that Mexico fans are really worth more that Oakland area fans at this point....so they game them a great match up to promote the league in Mexico....
I agree.

Seems to me because of the history between the Pats and raiders it would have been nice to throw the raider fans a bone.

The most logical home game to shift to Mexico city would have been DAL@oak in Mexico City, no? I thought the Cowboys were a popular team in Mexico. It's a non-Conference game and doesn't really mean as much to either team in terms of possible playoff seeding.

Historically they've only been given one Thursday game the last few years. And even good teams have looked Godawful on Thursdays.

Like you were saying, I figured there's enough young talent that was wasted on HISTORICALLY MOST INEPT COACH that the league would at least check in with them.

Nope.

Practicing my "Even the Jaguars could look better than this" for the Thursday night game threads.

As a "semi-Jags fan" and an owner of Alan Robinson and Bortles in spots the last couple of years, I watched the Jags whenever I got a chance.

Not to mention I tend to like underdogs.

For them to not get even ONE primetime game is pretty bad really.   The NFL should try and put every single team of its beloved product on a big viewing stage, at least once a season, no matter how bad they anticipate the team being.

I really don't know (but maybe I overlooked it or forgot) but it seems like the Jags are the poster children of "like it or not, they are going to London". Maybe this is something Khan agreed to a few years ago??? Or every year???

Per wiki - The Jags took the Rams place and played a game there every season from 2013 - 2016.  And then " (The Jaguars later extended their agreement with Wembley Stadium through 2020 in an agreement announced in October 2015.)

Certainly looks like the long term plans (even though it may not have been that from the onset) is to have the Jags ultimately go there and make them the first "home London team" if thats what you want to call it.

It's all about money and advertising and up to now the Jags have stunk, so why would any of the 5 networks want the Jags on prime-time?  To me ANY game that is the ONLY game on at that time slot is a prime-time game.  So what it's at 9:30am ET Sunday morning?  I for one love those early games.

I actually think the Jags will be a lot better this year so hope is coming.

I'm actually not that broken up about the Jaguars not having any prime-time games.  Aside from the 9:30am EST London game, and the two 4pm EST games, I like the fact that all of their games are at 1pm EST.  Its consistent, and I know exactly when they'll be playing.  I'd hate to be a Chiefs fan having to trying to figure out what day and what time they are playing with the team having 6 prime-time games and the flexibility of playing at either 1pm or 4pm EST.

CanadianNFLJunkie said:
It's all about money and advertising and up to now the Jags have stunk, so why would any of the 5 networks want the Jags on prime-time?  To me ANY game that is the ONLY game on at that time slot is a prime-time game.  So what it's at 9:30am ET Sunday morning?  I for one love those early games.

I actually think the Jags will be a lot better this year so hope is coming.
Jags have stunk and don't get good support from their home fans.  They really don't have any history to fall back on, unlike most of the currently bad teams (SF, da bears, even Cleveland*).  Their top players aren't particularly exciting. Basically nobody cares about them other than hardcore fans who will watch anyway. 

I'm guessing that it's even more difficult to make the schedule than we think. For the Jags it probably just came down to "do they have a 'prime time' game? Yes they are the London game." And the schedule makers just moved on. 

Also, lots of players have expressed a dislike for playing in TNF games. So maybe it's a good thing they didn't get anymore PrimeTime games.

Sorry I brought the Jaguars up. The Jaguars are moving to London and Jaguars don't get support myths are back I see.

Users who are viewing this thread