Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news

8 hours ago, squistion said:

Well, Tim, perhaps you should pass on the word to Trump as he has done more in the last year to keep the kneeling in the news more than anyone else.

And also, those who are still kneeling don't consider social injustice or racial discrimination trivial matters.

He seems jealous of this threads activity, why else lash out . I find this thread fascinating and you as the OP keep it on topic. Keep up the good work 

Just now, Mike Damone said:

He seems jealous of this threads activity, why else lash out . I find this thread fascinating and you as the OP keep it on topic. Keep up the good work 

Lol, I’m not jealous. And I’m one of the few around here that really like squistion. But there’s too much time being paid to this topic, especially by Trump. 

Just now, timschochet said:

Lol, I’m not jealous. And I’m one of the few around here that really like squistion. But there’s too much time being paid to this topic, especially by Trump. 

Sorry I read it wrong 

Nike is now down over 10 billion since signing Colin. That guy is just toxic. This whole market drop is probably his fault. Tariffs...china....shoes....nike.....colin. Follow the breadcrumbs.  

2 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Nike is now down over 10 billion since signing Colin. That guy is just toxic. This whole market drop is probably his fault. Tariffs...china....shoes....nike.....colin. Follow the breadcrumbs.  

You really don't know how the market works, do you? No need to reply, posts like this answer the question quite nicely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

You really don't know how the market works, do you? No need to reply, posts like this answer the question quite nicely.

So you dont believe Nike signing such a toxic individual could crash the whole market? Agree to disagree?

17 hours ago, squistion said:

CSPAN‏ @cspan 2h2 hours ago

Jim Brown speaks to media outside White House:

"I don't think that we should take knees in protest instead of be standing up for our flag."

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1050456672181919744 (video at link)

Thanks...good watch.  With age comes wisdom. Brown has always been an activist but as he aged he saw the big picture as well.

Edited by Da Guru

15 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Just hope he stays away from ACRX. ;)

39 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Just hope he stays away from ACRX. ;)

I was watching the fda adcom meeting on webcast earlier this morning and i did see a guy kneeling near the projector. I assumed it was an AV guy. Now i am afraid it was kaepernick. 

Crap, i better sell just to be safe. Oh wait I cant. It is halted, T1 code. 

Colin Kaepernick Retweeted

NBC News‏ @NBCNews 49m49 minutes ago

A small all-black high school football team has started kneeling during the national anthem at their games. They say they are protesting against police brutality — both what they see on social media and what they've faced in their lives.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/these-teens-are-kneeling-to-take-a-stand-against-inequality-1343098435693?v=raila&cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

I have not read a single post in this 315 page thread. So excuse me if this has been discussed. Colin could really get some cred and backing if he would volunteer to coach in a underprivileged [poor black] neighborhood school system. 

7 minutes ago, E Street Brat said:

I have not read a single post in this 315 page thread. So excuse me if this has been discussed. Colin could really get some cred and backing if he would volunteer to coach in a underprivileged [poor black] neighborhood school system. 

It would be much self gratification...but it would take too much time.

10 hours ago, squistion said:

Colin Kaepernick‏ @Kaepernick7 12h12 hours ago

Thank you Harvard University for honoring me tonight with the W.E.B. Du Bois Medal. I’m grateful for this recognition and to be amongst the other highly esteemed honorees that inspire me.

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/1050601031128702976

Squis you post to the same 15-20 guys in this thread all the time but are you a community person who gets out and actually does some things to help the causes you post about where you live?  Here it is just keyboard stuff that does not make a difference.   I grew up in Detroit and still volunteer once a month for a couple causes in the city that desperately  need people to help.  I have involved a few of my friends as well.  It is very rewarding and when you connect with an actual person and see that they really appreciate you it is all that much better..  Seems like you would enjoy that type of thing.

Mary Bono is out as interim president and CEO of USA Gymnastics.

Bono was criticized by Simone Biles for an anti-Kaepernick/Nike post and by Aly Raisman for her connections to a law firm that she said helped "cover up our abuse" by Larry Nassar.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mary-bono-usa-gymnastics-larry-nassar_us_5bc63fe5e4b055bc947b0104?rls

Colin Kaepernick‏ @Kaepernick7 11h11 hours ago

Thank you Tommie Smith & John Carlos 4 the sacrifices you made on this day 50 yrs ago.They have laid the foundation 4 the advancement of many others at their own personal expense, & have done it gracefully & unapologetically! We will never be able 2 repay you 4 what you have done 4 us!

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/1052385584931635200 (pictures of Smith and Carlos with Kaep at link).

• Sad 1

On 10/12/2018 at 7:42 PM, Da Guru said:

Squis you post to the same 15-20 guys in this thread all the time but are you a community person who gets out and actually does some things to help the causes you post about where you live?  Here it is just keyboard stuff that does not make a difference.   I grew up in Detroit and still volunteer once a month for a couple causes in the city that desperately  need people to help.  I have involved a few of my friends as well.  It is very rewarding and when you connect with an actual person and see that they really appreciate you it is all that much better..  Seems like you would enjoy that type of thing.

I'm not surprised he ignored this.  I doubt he really cares.  People out making real world changes aren't posting online 5-6 hours a day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

I'm not surprised he ignored this.  I doubt he really cares.  People out making real world changes aren't posting online 5-6 hours a day.

It was a serious post. Just thought by his posts that he would enjoy getting out there and making a difference face to face with people so when he did not answer in 5 days I guess not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Da Guru said:

It was a serious post. Just thought by his posts that he would enjoy getting out there and making a difference face to face with people so when he did not answer in 5 days I guess not.

I know it was.  Most of my rewarding volunteer and community service has been in cities that need it the most.  I'd rather get out in real life to make a difference than complain about it online which changes nothing.