Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, IC FBGCav said:

I will bet you 2k that Kaepernick wins his collusion lawsuit.  Even odds.  You fake.

sure @cstu.  No way I would trust $5 with you after seeing your bizarre posting habits while drunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

sure @cstu.  No way I would trust $5 with you after seeing your bizarre posting habits while drunk.

Use league safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 12:45 PM, timschochet said:

They just showed a highlight from before the start of the Steelers-Ravens game, with Ravens players marching out with flags and soldiers to show their patriotism. 

All of these displays of patriotism are kind of nauseating to me. I don’t think you can prove your love of country by waving a big flag around. 

Does wearing pink cleats or sweatband really do anything for cancer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 10:31 AM, tjnc09 said:

sure @cstu.  No way I would trust $5 with you after seeing your bizarre posting habits while drunk.

I have no doubt Cav would pay

On 11/5/2018 at 11:17 AM, Sheriff Bart said:

Use league safe. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:17 AM, Sheriff Bart said:

Use league safe. 

I don't believe that they can be used as an escrow agent for gambling bets.

And the company name is a misnomer. LeagueSafe is not really safe. The owner of the company admitted in a SP thread that the only thing protecting the funds he holds is his personal guarantee to make it good because (paraphrasing) "My reputation is worth more to me than cheating people out of a few thousand dollars in fantasy leagues." The monies are not held by a third party in an escrow account, which indeed would make them safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 6:15 PM, KCitons said:

Does wearing pink cleats or sweatband really do anything for cancer?

I was watching football once and saw all the pink cleats. I was like what are they doing with those girly cleats? So I looked into it and saw they were doing it for cancer. I was all like whoa, what the heck is cancer? So I looked it up and it turns out it is a pretty terrible disease. I started doing all of these 5k runs and charity events. Grew out my hair to donate it, all because the NFL educated and woke me. 

/Said nobody ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parasaurolophus said:

I was watching football once and saw all the pink cleats. I was like what are they doing with those girly cleats? So I looked into it and saw they were doing it for cancer. I was all like whoa, what the heck is cancer? So I looked it up and it turns out it is a pretty terrible disease. I started doing all of these 5k runs and charity events. Grew out my hair to donate it, all because the NFL educated and woke me. 

/Said nobody ever

Same with people blocking traffic

Edited by GROOT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

So much hatred in this thread. 

I just don’t get it.  I’ve never been a saint but I just can’t understand having such a callous disregard for other human beings.  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, McJose said:

I just don’t get it.  I’ve never been a saint but I just can’t understand having such a callous disregard for other human beings.  

Who has a disregard for other humans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Who has a disregard for other humans?

NOBODY.  ABSOLUTELY NOBODY ON THIS BOARD THATS FOR SURE.  MAY GOD KEEP YOU IN HIS TENDER CARE, RAMBLIN WRECK.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McJose said:

NOBODY.  ABSOLUTELY NOBODY ON THIS BOARD THATS FOR SURE.  MAY GOD KEEP YOU IN HIS TENDER CARE, RAMBLIN WRECK.

Weird but thanks.   Surprised Squis hasn't asked you why you're using an alias again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 10:31 AM, tjnc09 said:

sure @cstu.  No way I would trust $5 with you after seeing your bizarre posting habits while drunk.

Yet I will bet you 10k that people on this board will trust me with over 10k.  I have given over 10k in charity on this site.  And if you take my bet your are an instant loser.  Pay me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Weird but thanks.   Surprised Squis hasn't asked you why you're using an alias again.

HA! GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE ON THE BOARD, RAMBLIN WRECK!  I WILL TOTALLY FORGIVE YOU FOR CALLING ME WEIRD. HERE, IN THE POLITICAL FORUM, WE ARE TOTALLY ACCEPTING OF ALL OPINIONS REGARDLESS OF VALIDITY!  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS SQUIS THING IS ALL ABOUT BUT SOMETIMES FOLKS HAVE TO USE AN ALIAS BECAUSE THEY MADE A BOO BOO AND CROSSED A LINE.  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

Yet I will bet you 10k that people on this board will trust me with over 10k.  I have given over 10k in charity on this site.  And if you take my bet your are an instant loser.  Pay me.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/763877-cavalier-crypto-101/

:lmao: yeah, I can see why you are such a financial asset to this community

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, McJose said:

HA! GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE ON THE BOARD, RAMBLIN WRECK!  I WILL TOTALLY FORGIVE YOU FOR CALLING ME WEIRD. HERE, IN THE POLITICAL FORUM, WE ARE TOTALLY ACCEPTING OF ALL OPINIONS REGARDLESS OF VALIDITY!  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS SQUIS THING IS ALL ABOUT BUT SOMETIMES FOLKS HAVE TO USE AN ALIAS BECAUSE THEY MADE A BOO BOO AND CROSSED A LINE.  

 

Check your shift..it is stuck on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That all around great guy Eric Reid just tried to cheap shot Big Ben.  That's twice since the bum was signed.  The league is better off without that guy

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/763877-cavalier-crypto-101/

:lmao: yeah, I can see why you are such a financial asset to this community

Go pull up the raffle thread for bigbottom's charity or many other giveaways I done.  Where is your contribution.  I forgot, you just post.  I met IRL over 100 fbg's find one that paid the tab, okay, chet, once.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Check your shift..it is stuck on.

OH MAN IS IT EVER.  BEST OF LUCK TO YOU, DA GURU!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

Go pull up the raffle thread for bigbottom's charity or many other giveaways I done.  Where is your contribution.  I forgot, you just post.  I met IRL over 100 fbg's find one that paid the tab, okay, chet, once.

Oof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tjnc09 said:

You donated a bunch of money to FBGs and then basically lost it all betting on ####coins.  Congrats, I guess.

 

You think this is a good post?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

You donated a bunch of money to FBGs and then basically lost it all betting on ####coins.  Congrats, I guess.

 

I have donated 10k plus, I probably helped for people to donate 10k plus more.  

We gambled on crypto which is still happening.

I held thousands of dollars and returned them to winners as I was trusted to do. 

I met many fbgs in real life and paid for a meal and drinks.

Now tell me what you did?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

I have donated 10k plus, I probably helped for people to donate 10k plus more.  

We gambled on crypto which is still happening.

I held thousands of dollars and returned them to winners as I was trusted to do. 

I met many fbgs in real life and paid for a meal and drinks.

Now tell me what you did?

Good for you.  :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

Good for you.  :shrug:

Yep, I let my actions speak not my faith in something that will absolve me of being a bad person.  GL.

Edited by IC FBGCav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IC FBGCav said:

Yep, I let my actions speak not my faith in something that will absolve me of being a bad person.  GL.

lol I believe in giving quietly and humbly.  It should be done to help, not for one to gain recognition.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

lol I believe in giving quietly and humbly.  It should be done to help, not for one to gain recognition.  

Of course until some a hole pushes you to tell it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, McJose said:

I just don’t get it.  I’ve never been a saint but I just can’t understand having such a callous disregard for other human beings.  

Callous disregard for human beings?

How do you figure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get the hype.  Blake freakin Bortles passing stats put his to shame.  Let that sink in. Even this year, getting benched at one point and two of his WRs gone for the year, he is still on pace to throw for more than 500 yards more than Kaep ever threw for.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-was-pat-tillmans-wife-but-i-cant-speak-for-him-neither-can-you/2018/11/08/18374652-d8a0-11e8-83a2-d1c3da28d6b6_story.html?utm_term=.8719e55bf7b8

I was Pat Tillman’s wife, but I can’t speak for him. Neither can you.

I often think about what legacy means, and I’ve learned something important about it in the 14 years since my first husband, Pat Tillman, was killed in Afghanistan. The way all of us live our lives is important to how we are remembered; but when you’re an icon, which Pat became, your legacy has to be guarded. An icon’s life and image enter the public domain, and people often try to co-opt it to suit their own needs.

Since last year, I’ve watched from the background as professional athletes have taken a knee to draw attention to injustice and racial inequality in the United States. Pat was in the military, so many people want to attach a brand of blind allegiance to him and use him to argue that kneeling during the national anthem is unpatriotic. Pat was also against the Iraq War, so many others want to use him to argue against American involvement in overseas wars. His essence is bent to fit an agenda. [...]

I’ve been asked to comment countless times on what Pat would have thought about the National Football League protests, but I’ve always declined. Over the years, I’ve become used to people wanting to know what he would have thought about something in the news, or assign a way of thinking to him based on what they know about who he was at 27. They want to freeze him in time. I find it ironic because Pat was always known as a free thinker who was constantly growing. He was very different when we got together at 16 from who he was at 27, and he would have been different, too, at 42. We should be able to respect his willingness to sacrifice for what he believed in without looking at it through the lens of today’s divisive political climate. So while I still refuse to speak for Pat, I will speak as a widow, a wife, a mother, an American and, yes, a patriot.

I think that patriotism is complex, like Pat himself. It is not blind or unquestioning. And it’s a fool’s errand to argue over who’s allowed to claim sacrifice. Many of the kneeling athletes say they are protesting as American patriots who want the nation to be better than it is. When I look around at the vitriol aimed at them for expressing their beliefs, and at the compulsion to simplify complicated issues to pit people on opposing sides, I want to kneel, too. Because I believe we are at our best as Americans when we engage in constructive dialogue around our differences with the goal of understanding one another. [...]

Pat lived his life with passion and respected this quality in others, once writing that, “to err on the side of passion is human and right and the only way I’ll live.” Pat was also deeply curious, constantly reading to learn more, and always striving to understand why someone felt or acted the way he or she did. After reading Jon Krakauer’s “Under the Banner of Heaven,” for instance, about Mormon fundamentalists, he called a Mormon cousin to engage in a discussion with him. He was always looking to understand views or perspectives different from his own.

I can’t say how Pat would have felt about race in the United States today or kneeling during the national anthem. But I can say that he would have engaged in thoughtful and respectful discourse, never shying away from the nuance, never taking the easy way, and looking, always, for a conversation instead of a fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 7:39 PM, IC FBGCav said:

I have donated 10k plus, I probably helped for people to donate 10k plus more.  

We gambled on crypto which is still happening.

I held thousands of dollars and returned them to winners as I was trusted to do. 

I met many fbgs in real life and paid for a meal and drinks.

Now tell me what you did?

Thank you for doing this, the best post in this thread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dschuler said:

I don’t get the hype.  Blake freakin Bortles passing stats put his to shame.  Let that sink in.

And Blake freakin Bortles is still a starting quarterback in the NFL. Let that sink in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, squistion said:

But I can say that he would have engaged in thoughtful and respectful discourse, never shying away from the nuance, never taking the easy way, and looking, always, for a conversation instead of a fight.

I don't have a problem with Kaepernick or any other player fighting the fight. I don't get to determine how they feel, and they don't get to determine how I feel. 

I believe that Kaepernick not being allowed to play has done more for awareness than if he was a mediocre player in the NFL. Eric Reid is example A. Kneeling has run its course. As mentioned above, always look for the conversation instead of the fight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Anonymous members of an anarchist group covered the Hollywood Walk of Fame stars with names of African Americans who have been killed by police.' -- via @washingtonpost

https://twitter.com/NewBlackMan/status/1062200129606713345  (photo at link)*

 

 

*Cross posted in FFA thread "Another killing at the hands of Police"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, squistion said:

'Anonymous members of an anarchist group covered the Hollywood Walk of Fame stars with names of African Americans who have been killed by police.' -- via @washingtonpost

https://twitter.com/NewBlackMan/status/1062200129606713345  (photo at link)*

 

 

*Cross posted in FFA thread "Another killing at the hands of Police"

Anifta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Anifta?

I doubt it, I don't think they have cared much about blacks being shot by police in the past. And Antifa members have all looked pretty much lily white from the protests (seeing what little of their skin is visible in their black hoods and attire). This is probably a BLM offshoot that the tweeter characterized as anarchist for the destruction of property.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Did Kaepernick do it?  Or did the person that did it kneel while doing it?  Or did they sing the anthem while doing it?

What does this have to do with CK???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, squistion said:

I doubt it, I don't think they have cared much about blacks being shot by police in the past. And Antifa members have all looked pretty much lily white from the protests (seeing what little of their skin is visible in their black hoods and attire). This is probably a BLM offshoot that the tweeter characterized as anarchist for the destruction of property.

Is there a difference between the lilly whites and the regular whites?

Edited by Da Guru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Is there a difference between the lilly whites and the regular whites?

 A little factoid 

Quote

The Lily-White Movement was an anti-civil-rights movement within the Republican Party in the United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.  

 

Edited by Mike Damone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Is there a difference between the lilly whites and the regular whites?

Um, generally I guess I would say a much lighter complexion as if they have seen little or no direct sun, not the type you see at the beach even using a sun block.

However here I using a colloquialism, referring to them being almost all Caucasian, from what I have seen. Not many Antifa people of color, but I could be wrong.  

Edited by squistion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, squistion said:

Um, I guess I would say a much lighter complexion as if they have seen little or no direct sun, not the type you see at the beach even using a sun block.

Can you give us a list of all the various colors we can describe people?  How many different shades of white, brown, black, or any other color?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.