Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news

10 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

Jaguars at home are one of the toughest places for QBs this year - top five in basically every major passing category.  It's inevitable that the Kaepernick creeps will say something repetitive and dumb about Johnson's performance though.  

No doubt in my mind 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, touche' said:

Why Kaepernick and not Peyton Manning or Kurt Warner?  They have a much better resume

Why not Perez Hilton? He makes as much sense as your other suggestions.

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

Why not Perez Hilton? He makes as much sense as your other suggestions.

Peyton Manning 96.5, multiple SB

Kurt Warner 93.7, multiple SB

i don’t believe Perez Hilton has any NFL experience whatsoever 

also I didnt do a deep dive but I believe the only other non-active QB with recent super bowl experience is Rex Grossman and I’m not sure he’d be an improvement over Josh Johnson 

3 minutes ago, touche' said:

He doesn't.  But retired players who have announced they will never play again have as much relevance to that article and to this discussion, as Hilton.

If you don't want to people to know that you are trolling this thread, then you shouldn't make absurd suggestions.

https://theundefeated.com/features/33-quarterbacks-signed-before-colin-kaepernick-free-agent/

All the quarterbacks who signed since Colin Kaepernick became a free agent

It has been nearly two years since quarterback Colin Kaepernick opted out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers on March 2, 2017, making him a free agent. Months before, Kaepernick, who was drafted by the 49ers in 2011 and helped lead them to the Super Bowl the following year, started sitting (and later kneeling) during the playing of the national anthem before games in protest of police brutality and racial inequality. A day after Kaepernick opted out of his deal, 49ers general manager John Lynch told SiriusXM radio that under Kaepernick’s current contract “it wasn’t going to work,” and the team had planned to release the then-29-year-old.

Kaepernick spent the entire 2017 season and three-quarters of the 2018 season out of work, as virtually every team in the league with a need at quarterback has signed a less accomplished passer. Forty-two quarterbacks signed with teams between March 2017 and November 2017, most of whom either had never played in an NFL game or had a losing record as a starter (Kaepernick was 28-30 over five seasons).

During the 2018 season, four teams that either lost their starting quarterback to injury (Washington Redskins, 49ers) or were hindered by subpar play (Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars) signed players who have struggled in recent years: the Redskins signed Josh Johnson, who hadn’t played since 2013; the Bills signed Derek Anderson, Cam Newton’s backup with the Carolina Panthers; the 49ers signed Tom Savage, who lasted less than a week with the team; and the Jaguars signed Landry Jones, who lost his backup job in Pittsburgh to a first- and a second-year player.

In total, 85 quarterbacks (not including draft picks or players who re-signed with their teams or were promoted from the practice squad) have been signed to teams since Kaepernick opted out. Here is that list: (List at above link)

Edited by squistion

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

https://theundefeated.com/features/33-quarterbacks-signed-before-colin-kaepernick-free-agent/

All the quarterbacks who signed since Colin Kaepernick became a free agent

It has been nearly two years since quarterback Colin Kaepernick opted out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers on March 2, 2017, making him a free agent. Months before, Kaepernick, who was drafted by the 49ers in 2011 and helped lead them to the Super Bowl the following year, started sitting (and later kneeling) during the playing of the national anthem before games in protest of police brutality and racial inequality. A day after Kaepernick opted out of his deal, 49ers general manager John Lynch told SiriusXM radio that under Kaepernick’s current contract “it wasn’t going to work,” and the team had planned to release the then-29-year-old.

Kaepernick spent the entire 2017 season and three-quarters of the 2018 season out of work, as virtually every team in the league with a need at quarterback has signed a less accomplished passer. Forty-two quarterbacks signed with teams between March 2017 and November 2017, most of whom either had never played in an NFL game or had a losing record as a starter (Kaepernick was 28-30 over five seasons).

During the 2018 season, four teams that either lost their starting quarterback to injury (Washington Redskins, 49ers) or were hindered by subpar play (Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars) signed players who have struggled in recent years: the Redskins signed Josh Johnson, who hadn’t played since 2013; the Bills signed Derek Anderson, Cam Newton’s backup with the Carolina Panthers; the 49ers signed Tom Savage, who lasted less than a week with the team; and the Jaguars signed Landry Jones, who lost his backup job in Pittsburgh to a first- and a second-year player.

In total, 85 quarterbacks (not including draft picks or players who re-signed with their teams or were promoted from the practice squad) have been signed to teams since Kaepernick opted out. Here is that list: (List at above link)

How many have signed since Peyton Manning retired?

Redskinstoday‏ @redskinstoday_ 17h17 hours ago

“#### this team and #### this fanbase”

- Mason Foster, Defensive Captain.

https://twitter.com/redskinstoday_/status/1072622856524193799

Yes, indeed, the one area in which the Redskins have excelled these past couple weeks is poking holes in the argument that signing Colin Kaepernick would be too much of a distraction.

Edited by squistion

1 hour ago, touche' said:

How many have signed since Peyton Manning retired?

Seriously...what does Peyton have to do with anything other than trolling squis?  Im generally curious here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Seriously...what does Peyton have to do with anything other than trolling squis?  Im generally curious here.

I think something like 90% of the posts in this thread are a combination of people trolling squistion and squistion's determination to always have the last word.  There's no other way to explain this topic have 266 pages.

• Like 1

How many companies hire an employee who is in the process of suing them?

It has nothing to do with kappy..as I would take him at 2 million a year over Stafford at 25 million a year

Edited by Da Guru

Eric Reid certainly doing his best to help keep Kaepernick out of the NFL. Now Reid is upset about getting fined and has decided to add that to his grievance. 

This has to at least be part of the reason teams dont even want to talk to Kaepernick. Why even risk anything? Look how many people he subpoenaed for his grievance. If you brought him in for a workout and didnt sign him good chance you would have another grievance filed against you. Who needs that for a guy that likely wants a decent chunk of change and wasn't very good when he was still in the league? 

"Coach, I just want you to know I found the food during my visit to be awful. You will be hearing from my attorney."

17 hours ago, touche' said:

Peyton Manning 96.5, multiple SB

Kurt Warner 93.7, multiple SB

also I didnt do a deep dive but I believe the only other non-active QB with recent super bowl experience is Rex Grossman and I’m not sure he’d be an improvement over Josh Johnson 

If you can convince two guys who are already in Halls of Fame to come out of retirement, good on you.

Edited by Henry Ford

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

He’s more qualified than Kaepernick to lead the Skins to the playoffs :shrug:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

If you can convince two guys who are already in the Hall of Fame to come out of retirement, good on you.

Peyton Manning is not in the NFL Hall of Fame

3 minutes ago, touche' said:

My apologies.  Just the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame. 

I’m sure he wants back in. 

18 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

No doubt in my mind 

He and all other backup QBs should kneel before they play.  

If he plays well, he will continue to start.  If he performs poorly and is cut, he can sue the NFL.  Win win :excited:

• Thinking 1

Video shows a Miami Beach cop knock out an unarmed black man at a restaurant. 

The man may have been homeless. The police report appears to be inaccurate. A cop reporting another cop. 

The police in Miami Beach receive a lot of training in dealing with these situations. I don't think the cop followed protocol. The taxpayers of Miami Beach will likely pay for this.

In the early 90s, there was a black boycott of Miami Beach which started when local officials snubbed Nelson Mandela. The boycott led to some positive changes in race relations and better integration of local blacks in the tourist industry. 

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

1 hour ago, touche' said:

My apologies.  Just the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame. 

I’m sure he wants back in. 

Oof.

9 minutes ago, squistion said:

Oof.

I have no doubt that Peyton will cast off his doctors' recommendations to continue making pizza commercials and jump back into the NFL.  Put him in, coach!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, touche' said:
2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

If you can convince two guys who are already in the Hall of Fame to come out of retirement, good on you.

Here's a pro tip: when you play the "gotcha" card, make sure you at least get the name right.

3 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Here's a pro tip: when you play the "gotcha" card, make sure you at least get the name right.

Meh.  He was right.  I completely threw out of my head Manning's entire period in Denver because I hate the Broncos.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I think something like 90% of the posts in this thread are a combination of people trolling squistion and squistion's determination to always have the last word.  There's no other way to explain this topic have 266 pages.

Oh I agree...it’s mostly squis and his many shadows.

3 hours ago, touche' said:

Sure if it were more than 5 years ago. At this point...no, he is not more capable at all and it’s a ridiculous notion to bring him up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, touche' said:

If I'm the first to say it, so be it: any team that signs Peyton Manning is absolutely justified in doing so over Kaepernick.  Also over Sanchez, Drew Stanton, Peter Pujals (yes that's his actual NFL photo), Joel Stave, and even the confidence-inspiring Brandon Weeden.

Edited by Henry Ford

2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

The photographer said "Give me a look that says 'Rob Johnson.'"

I think I remember when that photo was taken. As I recall it was a reaction to something bad that happened on the field, like a missed field goal.

4 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Oh I agree...it’s mostly squis and his many shadows.

Of course...Otherwise this thread would be dead. Squis bumps and gets a response.

23 minutes ago, squistion said:

I think I remember when that photo was taken. As I recall it was a reaction to something bad that happened on the field, like a missed field goal.

By the other team?

“Oh, God, I have to go back out there?”