Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news

Boy you suck at math as much as English.  Did you go to any classes in high school?

You guys really want to keep arguing that Kaepernick didn't cost the league money?  Because you are looking extremely dumb right about now.

Wrong.  Again.

A sure sign you are on the wrong side of an issue - when your main proponent is Squigeon.

Wow.  Did you play high school football and take too many shots to the head?  Nah, my image of you is the wannabe jock, stat geek.

But in your little mind I guess you think that because the ratings improved after the election, somehow this proves your larger point that Kaepernick didn't cost the NFL money?  Holy cow you are one ignorant dude.

Oh now you want a piece of this GI Joe?  You gonna join the three headed idiot squad?  You'll fit right in.  :lol:

HYSTERIA! 

4 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Trying to figure out what Higgs is attempting to compensate for with all the name calling.  He's like that little kid poking at the fat kid until the fat kid picks him up and body slams him :lol: 

You saying your fat? :lol:

I give out exactly what I get in here.  Don't like to be trolled, then don't troll me.  Pretty simple.

8 minutes ago, Higgs said:

I give out exactly what I get in here.  Don't like to be trolled, then don't troll me.  Pretty simple.

my fat what?  love the persecution complex...it's even better on the backdrop of calling others snowflake :thumbup: 

Edited by The Commish
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Boston said:

1. "Worth noting: the 40 percent of the “watching less NFL” group claiming protests as the reason represents 12 percent of all NFL fans. This is a sharp, though very much expected, decline from the 44 percent who claimed in a similar Yahoo study in early September that they would stop watching if protests continued."

2. "A Seton Hall Sports Poll asked people to identify factors accounting for the drop."  This is the poll where they asked people to guess what they thought were the reasons for the drop in ratings.

3. Same as #2 "A new poll conducted by Seton Hall found that 56% of fans believe NFL television ratings are down due to players protesting the national anthem."

4.  Is that the same as #1?  I'm tired of checking.

5. Think that's the same Rasmussen poll Higgs posted earlier.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Higgs said:

you're*

People would troll you less if you weren't racist.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wackpack said:

you're*

Another cowardly alias

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Limp Ditka said:

Undertaker

Figures.  So you, Squidward and Tanner work with dead people, pigeons and school children.  No wonder you have such a hard time in here.  You're always in control and you never get intellectually challenged in real life.  This might explain why you take such dumb positions like this, then dig your heels in when someone destroys your argument.  I feel kind of sad for you guys.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Higgs said:

Figures.  So you, Squidward and Tanner work with dead people, pigeons and school children.  No wonder you have such a hard time in here.  You're always in control and you never get intellectually challenged in real life.  This might explain why you take such dumb positions like this, then dig your heels in when someone destroys your argument.  I feel kind of sad for you guys.

I really need to take a moment to give credit where credit is due. The amount of typing you're able to do, after dragging your knuckles day after day, it can't be easy.

So thank you for the dedication you show to your craft. While I believe we all benefit from it, it is not my place to speak for everyone. Just know that it makes my days of prepping and burying stiffs, much like yourself, go by much faster.

Just checking in to see if Colin has signed anywhere yet.  Guess I'll have to see if the Shark Pool is any less of a tug an pull fest.

I expect Colin will be standing for the national anthem from now on.  Mainly because you can't sit down while waiting tables.

6 minutes ago, Reg Lllama of Brixton said:

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I expect Colin will be standing for the national anthem from now on.  Mainly because you can't sit down while waiting tables.

What kind of goofball restaurants do you go to?

Ones where they apparently play the national anthem.

Edited by squistion

56 minutes ago, Limp Ditka said:

I really need to take a moment to give credit where credit is due. The amount of typing you're able to do, after dragging your knuckles day after day, it can't be easy.

So thank you for the dedication you show to your craft. While I believe we all benefit from it, it is not my place to speak for everyone. Just know that it makes my days of prepping and burying stiffs, much like yourself, go by much faster.

Love when effeminate guys like Limp break out the "knuckle dragger" shtick. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RBM said:

Love when effeminate guys like Limp break out the "knuckle dragger" shtick. 

Says the guy hunching behind Higgs on the evolution diagram 

Just now, Limp Ditka said:

Says the guy hunching behind Higgs on the evolution diagram 

Hey LIMP

• Like 1

What the. .. happened in here?  How would a thread about a fine young gentleman go so off the rails? 

4 hours ago, wackpack said:

you're*

And to think.... Higgsium insulted my English teacher?!?!?!?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19389072/seattle-seahawks-interested-colin-kaepernick-robert-griffin-iii-backup-quarterback-options

Pete Carroll says Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin III are among backup QB options for Seahawks

Pete Carroll said Monday that Colin Kaepernick and Robert Griffin III are among the backup quarterback options that the Seattle Seahawks are exploring.

During an appearance on 710 ESPN Seattle's "Brock and Salk" show, Carroll explained that the team is looking to add competition behind Russell Wilson, and he was asked specifically about Kaepernick and Griffin.

"We're looking at everybody. We really are," Carroll said. "We've been tracking everything that's going on, and we've got cap and roster issues and stuff like that that we're still trying to manage properly. But quite frankly, yes, we are looking at all those guys."

[...]

This offseason, cornerback Richard Sherman and Bennett said they thought Kaepernick was being blackballed by NFL teams.

In 12 games last season, Kaepernick completed 59.2 percent of his passes, averaged 6.8 YPA and threw 16 touchdowns with four interceptions.

During the Week 17 finale against the Seahawks, Kaepernick went 17-for-22 for 215 yards and a touchdown.

Linsey DavisVerified account @LinseyDavis 11m11 minutes ago

Colin Kaepernick’s Jersey Heads to the National Museum of African American History and Culture

http://www.theroot.com/colin-kaepernick-s-jersey-heads-to-the-national-museum-1795400201

Looks like somebody appreciates Colin Kaepernick.

Eminent sociologist, author and activist Harry Edwards, who helped to curate the National Museum of African American History and Culture’s most recent sports exhibit, Game Changers, feels that Kaepernick, too, needs pride of place at the Smithsonian.

Edwards reportedly donated a collection of items relating to the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback to the museum late last year.

According to USA Today, Edwards still “drips with passion as he reflects on the role and platform of sports as a conduit for social change.” His seminal work, The Revolt of the Black Athlete, first published in 1969, will be re-released next week. [...]

On 5/15/2017 at 5:07 PM, squistion said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19389072/seattle-seahawks-interested-colin-kaepernick-robert-griffin-iii-backup-quarterback-options

Pete Carroll says Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin III are among backup QB options for Seahawks

Pete Carroll said Monday that Colin Kaepernick and Robert Griffin III are among the backup quarterback options that the Seattle Seahawks are exploring.

During an appearance on 710 ESPN Seattle's "Brock and Salk" show, Carroll explained that the team is looking to add competition behind Russell Wilson, and he was asked specifically about Kaepernick and Griffin.

"We're looking at everybody. We really are," Carroll said. "We've been tracking everything that's going on, and we've got cap and roster issues and stuff like that that we're still trying to manage properly. But quite frankly, yes, we are looking at all those guys."

[...]

This offseason, cornerback Richard Sherman and Bennett said they thought Kaepernick was being blackballed by NFL teams.

In 12 games last season, Kaepernick completed 59.2 percent of his passes, averaged 6.8 YPA and threw 16 touchdowns with four interceptions.

During the Week 17 finale against the Seahawks, Kaepernick went 17-for-22 for 215 yards and a touchdown.

Rooting for RG 3

On 5/15/2017 at 4:07 PM, squistion said:

I just want to point something out:

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet

1 reason #Seahawks are looking at Colin Kaepernick is simple: He’s thought to be the best backup available. They considered Gabbert, Ponder

- Kaep is being looked at as a backup.

Gabbert was signed (by the Cards) before him.

Kaep is considered better than Ponder.

This mirrors the original 2016 depth chart in SF: Gabbert, then Kaep, then Ponder.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

He is going to sit on the bench behind a guy who he could never overtake for the veteran minimum :excited:

HUGE NEWS!!!!

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 5h5 hours ago

Context on Kaepernick visiting Seahawks today.

Seattle doing background on QBs, no move expected today, nothing imminent, standard visit.

Anyone seen or heard from Squistion? 

Any news to update here?

34 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Anyone seen or heard from Squistion? 

Any news to update here?

Per your request, here is the latest:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 3h3 hours ago

The #Seahawks have signed a backup QB. It's FA Austin Davis. ... So Colin Kaepernick remains a free agent.

Edited by squistion

16 minutes ago, need2know said:

Nah.  But Kaepernick still sucks

I knew a guy who's little brother went to college with him. The brother said he was dumb as a rock and sailed through college on his athletic ability and it was so obvious.

Guy is probably uncoachable and unable to read a defense and go through his progressions. 3rd string emergency backup at best.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/seahawks-colin-kaepernick-austin-davis-nfl?src=rss

The Seahawks confused everyone by signing Austin Davis instead of Colin Kaepernick

The Seahawks finally signed a backup quarterback but it’s not the one we all expected it to be. Seattle announced it signed Austin Davis, and not Colin Kapernick, whom coach Pete Carroll referred to as a “starter in this league.”

Davis hasn’t played much in his career, but we do know these two things about him: He is definitely not a starter in this league (sorry, Brett Favre) and nowhere near the quarterback Kaepernick is, which is why a lot of people were left befuddled after the news of Davis signing with Seattle broke…

12up ✔ @12upSport 10:26 AM - 5 Jun 2017

NFL GMs trying to explain why Colin Kaepernick is still a free agent but Austin Davis has a job now

Exavier Pope ✔ @exavierpope  10:36 AM - 5 Jun 2017

Austin Davis AND Hank Williams Jr being announced back in the NFL on the same day? At this point the league is trolling Colin Kaepernick.

Cian Fahey ✔ @Cianaf 10:47 AM - 5 Jun 2017

Austin Davis doesn't get talked about off the field. He can't be called a distraction. You know why? He's god awful.

trey wingo ✔ @wingoz 10:56 AM - 5 Jun 2017

Pete Carroll said he thinks Colin Kaepernck can still be a starter in this league.... and then signs Austin Davis