Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Dr. Awesome

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news

rookie wall after 2 games? This is looking ugly. :(

I hope this is sarcasm. Rams defense doesn't suck, and growing pains are expected from Kaep.

Hope the 49ers enjoy losing in the playoffs.

I hope your team never sees the playoffs, jerk wad. Edited by attaché case

I hope this is sarcasm. Rams defense doesn't suck, and growing pains are expected from Kaep.
Not sarcasm. This is a team that is and was poised to WIN NOW. Growing pains shouldnt be a part of the equation. This is the kind of game I've been worried about this whole time. 10 of the Rams points are directly attributable to Colin Kaepernick. Yes the Rams are a good defense, but what do you think its going be like in the playoffs?

Not sarcasm. This is a team that is and was poised to WIN NOW. Growing pains shouldnt be a part of the equation. This is the kind of game I've been worried about this whole time. 10 of the Rams points are directly attributable to Colin Kaepernick. Yes the Rams are a good defense, but what do you think its going be like in the playoffs?
This is about championships... and their 7 year evaluation process of Alex Smith. He leaves them "wanting". And now Kaep has a month of play time.

He's playing now to get ready for the playoffs. The switch was made, no sense in looking in the rear view. Stick with him win or lose.

He's playing now to get ready for the playoffs. The switch was made, no sense in looking in the rear view. Stick with him win or lose.
Funny, I thought all the hype had him pegged as the next RG3, now he has to get ready? When's he gonna start lighting up the stat sheet to justify the hype, because right now, he's basically Alex Smith but with rookie mistakes added in. Today, it hasn't been stick with him or lose as you say. It's been stick with him AND lose. He's the clear goat today.

Funny, I thought all the hype had him pegged as the next RG3, now he has to get ready? When's he gonna start lighting up the stat sheet to justify the hype, because right now, he's basically Alex Smith but with rookie mistakes added in. Today, it hasn't been stick with him or lose as you say. It's been stick with him AND lose. He's the clear goat today.
I never thought he was the next RGIII. He bring a dimension Alex doesnt. I stand behind the move. Akers had the game and blew it (again). Mistakes aside, Kaep put us in a position to win and Akers choked.

I never thought he was the next RGIII. He bring a dimension Alex doesnt. I stand behind the move. Akers had the game and blew it (again). Mistakes aside, Kaep put us in a position to win and Akers choked.
missing a 50+ FG isn't choking. and the 49ers offense was playing for a 50+ FG.

Not choking, but it sure highlighted the fact that Akers is now a below average kicker.He's costing them games. He's been terrible outside 40 for 2 years now. Overall, he's hit only 70% on the year.Niners really need to bring some kickers in there before it costs them a bigger game down the road.

And that's why his floor is 20pts

or 16 pts
Scored 19 in my league(Without a single td) Edited by shadyridr

The defense also came up short at the end of regulation to allow the Rams to get into fg range. They need to tighten up in those situations.

Should be a fun week in San Francisco.

:popcorn:

Harbaugh had better address this situation immediately or it will be a circus.

He was not bad today. You guys realize he hit Walker between the 4 and 6 for the game winner, right? Plus Akers miss, etc.

No way he gets benched for this. What did Harbaugh say in the press conference?

or 16 pts
Scored 19 in my league(Without a single td)
Curious, if Kaep can put up 19 with no TD's...what kind of points do the QB's that actually SCORE TD's and don't turn the ball over put up?This was a very disappointing loss. Is this what happens when average D's have a week to game plan against him?

or 16 pts
Curious, if Kaep can put up 19 with no TD's...what kind of points do the QB's that actually SCORE TD's and don't turn the ball over put up?
Huh?

or 16 pts
Curious, if Kaep can put up 19 with no TD's...what kind of points do the QB's that actually SCORE TD's and don't turn the ball over put up?
Huh?
Not sure how to make the question any clearer, Jed. :popcorn:

or 16 pts
Huh?
i was talking about his floor and you're comparing his supposed floor to a qb who threw a few tds and no INTs. He had 84 yds rushing. That's 8.4 pts which was kind of my whole point. Edited by shadyridr

or 16 pts
Huh?
Clear as mud. 19 points with no TD's scored is nothing but spectacular, I'm guessing you just don't want to admit it?

Not choking, but it sure highlighted the fact that Akers is now a below average kicker.He's costing them games. He's been terrible outside 40 for 2 years now. Overall, he's hit only 70% on the year.Niners really need to bring some kickers in there before it costs them a bigger game down the road.
Akers hasn't been healthy. SF worked out a couple kickers this week. I'm more shocked that they played for the 50+ yarder knowing his hip was gimpy

Its one game. And his 3rd start in the NFL. Slowly back away from the panic button folks.

This one game might cost SF a #2 seed.

Its one game. And his 3rd start in the NFL. Slowly back away from the panic button folks.

Yup. So many people seem to be ignoring the fact this it's December and the playoffs are a month away. If this was September, this wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem.

or 16 pts
Huh?
Clear as mud. 19 points with no TD's scored is nothing but spectacular, I'm guessing you just don't want to admit it?
I'll try again, since apparently you are rather defensive over me asking Shady a simple question. Kaep scored 19 with no TD's in his league, while scoring less than 8 in my leagues....I'm simply curious what other QB's put up stat wise. Simple as that.Kaep...7.5 pointsBrady...9Stafford 17Cutler 19Luck 29Rodgers 11Ryan 9.5Cam 27.5Wilson 23

or 16 pts
Huh?
I'll try again, since apparently you are rather defensive over me asking Shady a simple question. Kaep scored 19 with no TD's in his league, while scoring less than 8 in my leagues....I'm simply curious what other QB's put up stat wise. Simple as that.Kaep...7.5 pointsBrady...9Stafford 17Cutler 19Luck 29Rodgers 11Ryan 9.5Cam 27.5Wilson 23
You want my scoring system? 6pts per td, .05 pt per passing yd, .1 pt per rushing yd, -2 for intsLuck put up 40, cam put up 37

He scored 18.8 in my league. My point is, he scored 19 points in most standard scoring leagues. Which with no TD's is impressive.

The popcorn suggested that you thought Shady's league had weird scoring. It's not.

He scored 18.8 in my league. My point is, he scored 19 points in most standard scoring leagues. Which with no TD's is impressive. The popcorn suggested that you thought Shady's league had weird scoring. It's not.

I gotcha. The popcorn was me waiting for a response is all. My bad. Kaep had good rushing numbers, that is what saved his fake football day.

Yup. So many people seem to be ignoring the fact this it's December and the playoffs are a month away. If this was September, this wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem.
I'm not ignoring it, I just didn't think they would run the table the rest of the way. I think they will finish 11-4-1. If that's good enough for seed #2 cool. If not, we will still most likely get a home playoff game (if we are #3 seed we will host the #6 seed). If they switch back to Alex I'll lose a lot of respect for Harbaugh. Make a choice and stick with it.

"Jim Harbaugh stated that he expected Colin Kaepernick to start next week against the Miami Dolphins. He said he was proud of what Kaepernick did under heat and that he gave the team a chance to win."http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/12/2/3719078/49ers-starting-quarterback-colin-kaepernick-jim-harbaugh-names

He's backed himself into a corner. If he goes back to Smith now, he'll look wishy-washy as hell.

"Jim Harbaugh stated that he expected Colin Kaepernick to start next week against the Miami Dolphins. He said he was proud of what Kaepernick did under heat and that he gave the team a chance to win."http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/12/2/3719078/49ers-starting-quarterback-colin-kaepernick-jim-harbaugh-names

:thumbup:

He scored 18.8 in my league. My point is, he scored 19 points in most standard scoring leagues. Which with no TD's is impressive. The popcorn suggested that you thought Shady's league had weird scoring. It's not.

I gotcha. The popcorn was me waiting for a response is all. My bad. Kaep had good rushing numbers, that is what saved his fake football day.
I see, sorry for being snippy.

:lmao: at people calling for Alex smith. HE PLAYED THE SAME EXACT GAME SMITH USUALLY PLAYS. So his downside is Alex smith? Ill take that.

He's backed himself into a corner. If he goes back to Smith now, he'll look wishy-washy as hell.
I agree. He'll stick with Kap for the good or bad. I think it's the right call.

As a 9er fan, I'm just afraid Harbaugh has two average QB's on his hands.

:lmao: at people calling for Alex smith. HE PLAYED THE SAME EXACT GAME SMITH USUALLY PLAYS. So his downside is Alex smith? Ill take that.

Come on now. Alex wouldn't have put 8 points on the board for the rams.