What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (4 Viewers)

"Jim Harbaugh stated that he expected Colin Kaepernick to start next week against the Miami Dolphins. He said he was proud of what Kaepernick did under heat and that he gave the team a chance to win."http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/12/2/3719078/49ers-starting-quarterback-colin-kaepernick-jim-harbaugh-names
He's backed himself into a corner. If he goes back to Smith now, he'll look wishy-washy as hell.
I agree. He'll stick with Kap for the good or bad. I think it's the right call.
it's not the right call. too bad cause the niners were a good team.

"Jim Harbaugh stated that he expected Colin Kaepernick to start next week against the Miami Dolphins. He said he was proud of what Kaepernick did under heat and that he gave the team a chance to win."http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/12/2/3719078/49ers-starting-quarterback-colin-kaepernick-jim-harbaugh-names
He's backed himself into a corner. If he goes back to Smith now, he'll look wishy-washy as hell.
It's not the right call because you said so? :rolleyes:

no cause we just lost to the ####### rams and he was directly responsible for 10 of their points while doing absolutely jackshat on offense aside from a couple nice passes. for the record, Im not talking fantasy.

no cause we just lost to the ####### rams and he was directly responsible for 10 of their points while doing absolutely jackshat on offense aside from a couple nice passes. for the record, Im not talking fantasy.
Since when is a road division game a walk in the park? I'd toss your venom at Akers and Walker. If Akers makes what he's paid to make and Walker catches a ball your grandma could catch, nobody would be talking about Kap.

Since when is a road division game a walk in the park? I'd toss your venom at Akers and Walker. If Akers makes what he's paid to make and Walker catches a ball your grandma could catch, nobody would be talking about Kap.
if he didnt toss the ball into his own end zone, overtime prob doesn't exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
So to recap: Kaepernick gives up 9 pts, Delanie Walker drops a touchdown pass at the goal line that's right on his hands, David Akers blows a 50 yarder, offensive line holding wipes out multiple big plays and a wretched play call on the option right in front of the goal line and the takeaway is that Colin Kaepernick is entirely to blame.

:rolleyes:

So to recap: Kaepernick gives up 9 pts, Delanie Walker drops a touchdown pass at the goal line that's right on his hands, David Akers blows a 50 yarder, offensive line holding wipes out multiple big plays and a wretched play call on the option right in front of the goal line and the takeaway is that Colin Kaepernick is entirely to blame.

imnot saying that but he certainly played the biggest single role in their loss.

Seriously. Dont forget that the defense gave up a drive that ended in a STL field goal as time expired in regulation. Blame should be spread to all three phases today, they all played a part in the loss.

Seriously. Dont forget that the defense gave up a drive that ended in a STL field goal as time expired in regulation. Blame should be spread to all three phases today, they all played a part in the loss.
the defense always phenomenal but good job pointing fingers.

Oh there's plenty of venom for those two. But the bottom line for me is that this is the type of game a "game manager" wins. Sorry, but Alex wouldn't have put 10 points on the board for the other team in this game. Kaep is the clear goat of the game.Of course division games are going to be tough. My biggest fear with Kaep was him making mistakes in these close defensive battles as the playoffs near. You cant make mistakes in these type of games. Alex's strength was that he usually didn't. Kaepernick's mistakes could be tolerated if his overall numbers were living up to the hype. But so far, we're basically getting Alex Smith type numbers, but also going through rookie growing pains. These growing pains should happen in training camp, pre-season and early season, NOT when we're a month away from the playoffs.

IM pointing fingers? You said its all on Kaep, I say all 3 phases are to blame. But IM pointing fingers. Yeah OK.

IM pointing fingers? You said its all on Kaep, I say all 3 phases are to blame. But IM pointing fingers. Yeah OK.
There are many aspects of the 49ers to blame, but Kaep by himself put up 8 points for the Rams. The defense played incredibly well all game and you cant really pin the loss on them. It really looked to me like the Rams figured out how to bottle up Kaep. Kaep took as many sacks as he scrambled away from. Jeff Fisher clearly won the HC battle over Harbaugh this year.

There are many aspects of the 49ers to blame, but Kaep by himself put up 8 points for the Rams. The defense played incredibly well all game and you cant really pin the loss on them. It really looked to me like the Rams figured out how to bottle up Kaep. Kaep took as many sacks as he scrambled away from. Jeff Fisher clearly won the HC battle over Harbaugh this year.
Oh come on. "By himself"? The safety was a borderline call, and Harbaugh said after the game that the pitch out play call was horrible in that situation.

If he stays in bounds on that run just before Aker's FG toward the end of regulation, we win.

Stupid, stupid mistake.

There's no denying Kaepernick played a lousy game. Yes, he wasn't alone in being responsible for the loss. But he should get most of the blame. Let's hope he learns from this outing and is much better moving forward.

If he stays in bounds on that run just before Aker's FG toward the end of regulation, we win. Stupid, stupid mistake.
:goodposting: Running out of bounds was his second biggest mistake (with the first of course being the toss 2 feet over and behind Ginn's head). I think he also missed seeing a wide open Randy Moss on a slant he threw to Crabtree in the redzone.Not mistakes:- The safety. That was actually a good play to avoid the sack and to be able to wing it all the way back to the line of scrimmage. It was CLEARLY beyond the line of scrimmage...awful call and obviously crucial to the outcome of the game.- The 50 yard run to put them in position to win the game.- The numerous passes that bounced off his receivers' hands. Unless maybe it really is a problem with his velocity. No excuse for Walker dropping the beautifully thrown game-winner though.Overall, I still think it's an easy choice. The Kapper still gives us the better chance to win any given week.

If he stays in bounds on that run just before Aker's FG toward the end of regulation, we win. Stupid, stupid mistake.
:goodposting: Running out of bounds was his second biggest mistake (with the first of course being the toss 2 feet over and behind Ginn's head). I think he also missed seeing a wide open Randy Moss on a slant he threw to Crabtree in the redzone.Not mistakes:- The safety. That was actually a good play to avoid the sack and to be able to wing it all the way back to the line of scrimmage. It was CLEARLY beyond the line of scrimmage...awful call and obviously crucial to the outcome of the game.- The 50 yard run to put them in position to win the game.- The numerous passes that bounced off his receivers' hands. Unless maybe it really is a problem with his velocity. No excuse for Walker dropping the beautifully thrown game-winner though.Overall, I still think it's an easy choice. The Kapper still gives us the better chance to win any given week.
Great he avoided a sack. You know what's worse than a sack? A safety. That pitch was embarrassing. In spite of giving the Rams 10 points, we still probably would have won had he just not run out of bounds late in the 4th. Smith has been crucified in SF for years. People see Kaep's talent and want to make all these excuses for him. There were other players at fault in the loss, but Kaep and Harbaugh have to take the brunt of it. Besides, 13 points in overtime isn't going to cut it against anyone decent. I think Harbaugh is an awesome coach, but Kaep is going to kill him. He's made his bed though, now he has to lie in it.

Smith's contract is only for $9 mil guaranteed. (which includes $1 mil of his scheduled 2013 salary)

$7.5 mil is only guaranteed for 2013 if he's on the roster after April 1.

-----------

I think Smith should have gotten the job back after injury. Harbaugh made the choice to go to Kaep. I certainly don't think he lost the job today. It was a horrible toss on a horrible play call at that point in the game. And he should have went down in bounds after a late game run. He wasn't solely at fault -- he laid a perfect TD pass to Delanie Walker and Akers is awful and needs to be replaced/IR'd ASAP. I'm not sure how many more games Akers needs to prove he can't hit kick outside 40 anymore with any consistency.

About that safety: Kaep did what he was supposed to. He threw it away, BEYOND the LOS. The refs got it wrong. The line of scrimmage extends out of bounds, and that pass clearly landed well beyond it. So Lets not crucify Kaep for that play, he did exactly what he was supposed to do in that situation. Unfortunately the refs just blew the call.

Yeah he played a flawed game. But the safety was not one of his mistakes.

On the safety, let's not forget that Kaep ran backwards about 8 yards into the end zone. If he stays in the pocket, he either throws the ball away or takes the sack. Either way: No Safety.

There was plenty of fault to go around.. coaches and playcalling, Kaep's performance, Walker's missed catch, Aker's missed field goal, and Goldson's horrible decision to go after a sliding QB (which put them in FG range.)

Overall, I'm still behind Kaep and will chalk this up to inexperience. But Norcalhoya brings up a good point.. if Smith made the same mistakes that Kaep did today, he gets completely lambasted for it.

On the safety, let's not forget that Kaep ran backwards about 8 yards into the end zone. If he stays in the pocket, he either throws the ball away or takes the sack. Either way: No Safety.There was plenty of fault to go around.. coaches and playcalling, Kaep's performance, Walker's missed catch, Aker's missed field goal, and Goldson's horrible decision to go after a sliding QB (which put them in FG range.)Overall, I'm still behind Kaep and will chalk this up to inexperience. But Norcalhoya brings up a good point.. if Smith made the same mistakes that Kaep did today, he gets completely lambasted for it.
Of course he would. He's started a few more games than Kaep tho ;)I'm a Kaep fan, but I'm not saying he's the best thing sliced bread. I just don't agree with people that say SF's Super Bowl hopes are down the drain because of the QB switch. Could they be? Of course. But nobody knows what's gonna happen, so its silly to state things like that as facts.

If Smith played, he would've taken a couple more sacks, but would not have made rookie mistakes and the Niners probably pull off a 13-10 win.

'shadyridr said:
:lmao: at people calling for Alex smith. HE PLAYED THE SAME EXACT GAME SMITH USUALLY PLAYS. So his downside is Alex smith? Ill take that.
Um, Kaepernick scored 13 points for the 49ers and 10 points for the Rams. So 23 pts, not that bad.

'shadyridr said:
:lmao: at people calling for Alex smith. HE PLAYED THE SAME EXACT GAME SMITH USUALLY PLAYS. So his downside is Alex smith? Ill take that.
Um, Kaepernick scored 13 points for the 49ers and 10 points for the Rams. So 23 pts, not that bad.
Per ESPN, the Rams have expressed interest in starting Kaepernick next week citing he scored more points for the Rams than the Rams entire offense.

Kaepernick taking 100% of the blame for the loss. Wow.http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Kaepernick-Harbaugh-on-errant-pitch-4085527.php

"I just pitched it high. It's my fault all the way," Kaepernick said. "I was trying to make a play. I should have played it safe. I should have just kept it, let the clock run, let our punter get on the field, let our defense play."Indeed, San Francisco's defense played brilliantly, allowing only two field goals. The Rams' defense accounted for 10 points on a safety and the ill-conceived pitch play Harbaugh wishes he could get back."I gave up those points on the scoreboard for the Rams," Kaepernick said. "It's 100 percent my fault."

Kaepernick taking 100% of the blame for the loss. Wow.http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Kaepernick-Harbaugh-on-errant-pitch-4085527.php

"I just pitched it high. It's my fault all the way," Kaepernick said. "I was trying to make a play. I should have played it safe. I should have just kept it, let the clock run, let our punter get on the field, let our defense play."Indeed, San Francisco's defense played brilliantly, allowing only two field goals. The Rams' defense accounted for 10 points on a safety and the ill-conceived pitch play Harbaugh wishes he could get back."I gave up those points on the scoreboard for the Rams," Kaepernick said. "It's 100 percent my fault."
like he's going to come out and blame his coach for calling the play?? dude, if he didn't do this, there would be problems. plus, qb's always take the blame. they're the field generals. nothing surprising about any of this.

'thehornet said:
'butcher boy said:

like he's going to come out and blame his coach for calling the play?? dude, if he didn't do this, there would be problems. plus, qb's always take the blame. they're the field generals. nothing surprising about any of this.
C'mon, give the kid some credit. He could have easily shouldered some of the blame while deflecting a decent chunk to others with the whole "We all need to play better" type speech. As a Niners fan, I don't really care who is responsible as much as I want it to not happen again. Still, he could have ducked the question instead of taking every bit of blame.

Did drummer jump of the Golden Gate Bridge? :unsure:
I don't live in SF anymore. Sorry i've been away from posting bad nicknames and stuff.No credit to Jeff Fisher anyone? In his first two games as Head Coach of division rival STL, he has a tie and a win against JHarb (stole that one off of a Kawakami troll) while taking out Smith the first game, and then bringing Kaep down to Earth. He has Harbomb's number (I just made that one up) so far this season.

Did drummer jump of the Golden Gate Bridge? :unsure:
I don't live in SF anymore. Sorry i've been away from posting bad nicknames and stuff.No credit to Jeff Fisher anyone? In his first two games as Head Coach of division rival STL, he has a tie and a win against JHarb (stole that one off of a Kawakami troll) while taking out Smith the first game, and then bringing Kaep down to Earth. He has Harbomb's number (I just made that one up) so far this season.
I gave him props in a post above. But still, not sure what Fisher had to do with Kaep missing that toss, or taking 8 steps into his own endzone, or running out of bounds instead of sliding to run out the clock.

If Smith played, he would've taken a couple more sacks, but would not have made rookie mistakes and the Niners probably pull off a 13-10 win.
Would he have completed the dead drop that Delanie Walker had for the game winner.
Receivers dropped balls when Smith was QB too. Funny how Smith haters never seem to acknowledge that. And without Kaep giving up those 10 points, the actual game winner would've been the TD scored in the first half.

Would he have completed the dead drop that Delanie Walker had for the game winner.
Receivers dropped balls when Smith was QB too. Funny how Smith haters never seem to acknowledge that. And without Kaep giving up those 10 points, the actual game winner would've been the TD scored in the first half.
We're talking about this specific game. How can you dismiss the drop that was layed into Walkers hands that would have won the game if completed?

Did drummer jump of the Golden Gate Bridge?

:unsure:
I don't live in SF anymore. Sorry i've been away from posting bad nicknames and stuff.

No credit to Jeff Fisher anyone? In his first two games as Head Coach of division rival STL, he has a tie and a win against JHarb (stole that one off of a Kawakami troll) while taking out Smith the first game, and then bringing Kaep down to Earth. He has Harbomb's number (I just made that one up) so far this season.
I gave him props in a post above. But still, not sure what Fisher had to do with Kaep missing that toss, or taking 8 steps into his own endzone, or running out of bounds instead of sliding to run out the clock.
Who were the 49ers missing on offense this past game. Hunter? Williams? Did Akers shoot out all his bullets last season being the leading scorer of the 49ers? The 49ers had 148 yards rushing on 36 attempts. Kaep had 84 yards of that on 9 attempts. Gore and Jacobs combined had less than 30 yards rushing. You wanna blame him for the loss fine, he took the blame. Out of the 339 total yards of offense, Kaep was responsible for 292 of them, both with his arm and legs.

I give a ton of credit to Fisher for outcoaching Harbaugh in two games, taking them both to OT. He made Kaep a one man offense. STL going forward should be a formidable team in the future.

ETA: Gore rushed for 58 yards, so fix that math.

Receivers also had been wide open while Smith is still too scared to throw it to them, because he is too self conscious of his throws.

We're talking about this specific game. How can you dismiss the drop that was layed into Walkers hands that would have won the game if completed?
butcher boy dropped the "Smith haters" on ya. He is a "Kaep hater".

Not a Kaep hater. I'm a "decision to start kaep this year instead of next" hater.

Not a Kaep hater. I'm a "decision to start kaep this year instead of next" hater.
Well then drop the "Smith hater" schtick. The 49ers aren't guaranteed a Championship with either.

Well then drop the "Smith hater" schtick. The 49ers aren't guaranteed a Championship with either.
Nah, I think the term kind of does apply to you based on what I've read. It's ok. I was a Smith hater for a good 4-5 years.

Nah, I think the term kind of does apply to you based on what I've read. It's ok. I was a Smith hater for a good 4-5 years.
You can apply any "bad nickname" you like. I've backed my opinion up many times to the point where all you have to counter with is a "bad nickname".

This may be the most factual post in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread