What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (3 Viewers)

You know, after watching Stanton that first half I could probably play better QB and I don't have near the baggage Keaper does. 

Look, that verse might be racist (interpretations vary). And Francis Scott Key might have been racist.

But that doesn't mean that the National Anthem (which excludes that verse) is also racist.

(And even if the anthem did include the 3rd verse, that still would not make it "one of the most racist, pro-slavery, anti-black songs in the American lexicon".)
There isn’t much discussion to be had about whether Key was racist. 

Look, that verse might be racist (interpretations vary). And Francis Scott Key might have been racist.

But that doesn't mean that the National Anthem (which excludes that verse) is also racist.

(And even if the anthem did include the 3rd verse, that still would not make it "one of the most racist, pro-slavery, anti-black songs in the American lexicon".)
Right, that's Brown Sugar by the Rolling Stones

Man Tom Savage Sucks. 
And the fans are not pleased. Tom Savage trending on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/search?q="Tom Savage"&src=tren - among the most popular tweets:

Ben DuBose‏ @BenDuBose 4h4 hours ago

Every snap Tom Savage is allowed to take is a middle finger to #Texans fans. This is an enormous waste of everyone's time.

Michael Aleshire‏ @Aleshire_MH 41m41 minutes ago

If Colin Kaepernick went out and took a knee every single snap, he’d still be better than Tom Savage. #Texans

Joe Caporoso‏ @JCaporoso 1h1 hour ago

Tom Savage combines the athleticism of a turtle, the accuracy of a drunk and the pocket presence of a person surrounded by exploding grenades

I have been playing FF for over 26 years and have been part of FBGs since it was Cheatsheet days and yes, I watched the majority of the 2nd half of that game since my Broncos crapped the bed (Fuller owner). Savage was rough--not denying that, but on the 3rd and goal with .09 to go, Hopkins is hooked and held in end zone (not called) and it would have been a winning TD, Savage put them in a position to win (sans all the baggage)  and last time I looked that is what NFL teams want unlike Kap who went 1-10 in his last go around in the league,.
Update?

only 3 players knelt this weekend. I think it’s safe to say Don won yet again
I think it is premature to declare the kneeling protests are over. This was the Veterans Day weekend, so I think most players who were kneeling made an exception to show this protest was not about veterans or those in service to our country. The NFLPA set the tone on this:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/nov/12/nfl-players-kneel-veterans-day-weekend

The NFL Players Association had asked all players to observe a two-minute moment of silence before games to honor veterans. Other players who have been protesting most of the season stood for the anthem this week, including the Seahawks Michael Bennett, who stood before Thursday night’s game. Bennett’s father is a Navy veteran. Titans receiver Rishard Matthews walked onto the field holding hands with soldiers and stood with team-mates for the anthem for the first time since President Donald Trump criticized players for protesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
who were the 3?
From the above Guardian article:

Three players took a knee during the national anthem before the New York Giants game at the San Francisco 49ers, as the rest of the league stood during Veterans Day weekend.

49ers Eric Reid and Marquise Goodwin, both of whom have been protesting for most of the season, knelt, as did Giants defensive end Olivier Vernon, who was just activated. Vernon had been protesting while he was injured. Goodwin and his wife had lost their baby son earlier on Sunday due to complications during pregnancy.

He won?  And again? 

You're a funny guy.
What does winning even mean?

For Hell and others, I suppose that silencing protest but NOT addressing any of the very real underlying issues about which they are protesting is winning.

Way for the man to keep his hand on the neck of the oppressed... WINNING!

More like a coward's rejoice, if you ask me. Do something substantive. Don't applaud and hope for inaction.  

You'd think that guy named Watt that raised 30 something million dollars for hurricane victims would win.
Sorry, no Mcdonald's commercials on the resume. The country just isn't ready to elect Papa John's pitchmen for the highest office - maybe in a decade or two.

Fox and Friends have Rep. Brian Mast who is a retired army ranger who had both legs amputated.

Lady asks - if they named a Street after Colin K., as a double amputee, would you want to walk down that road?

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:  

Cowboysfan8 said:
Because he gives conservatives on the internet something to talk about without having to defend their president and party?

He is your Protector, your guiding light, your raison d'etre. You all should build him an altar.

Because he gives conservatives on the internet something to talk about without having to defend their president and party?

He is your Protector, your guiding light, your raison d'etre. You all should build him an altar.
Well if that's the case squistion should be Time magazines man of the year

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread