What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (5 Viewers)

If Kaep had been signed instead of Cutler, his critics would be blaming him for the Dolphins poor showing.

Evan Silva‏ @evansilva 8h8 hours ago

#Dolphins have indeed fallen to No. 32 in Football Outsiders' DVOA team ratings. 

Worst team in the NFL:  http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2017/week-10-dvoa-ratings
No several of us explained to you the other day the problem is their defense.  Now Kaepernick, like cutler, isn’t good enough to overcome that.  

Pretty sure nobody was kneeling, but just to be clear. Are you saying that if one of the players would have kneeled that nobody would have noticed it? 
I’m saying that Kaepernick sat for a while and it took a while for anyone to actually notice and care.

Im saying that people who remember the Whitney anthem don’t likely recall what any players were doing at the time.

I remember you saying you didn't have an issue with somebody standing in their seat as long as they didn't block the view or cause any commotion (it would inevitably block the view and no matter where they were if they were protesting in that scenario it would cause a commotion.) 

I didn't see where you addressed the scenario of a bunch of guys standing in the back holding signs.  I just reread a bit and I don't see where you clearly said that. I will concede that doesnt mean you didnt say it though since I made a mistake earlier confusing a tim post too. Which post stated that?
If they are in the back...whose view are they blocking? And commotion as in they were quiet while kids were performing.

You seem to want to go around and around trying to make your recital example work...but it still is a terrible comparison.

And just for comparison's sake, I assume we all know that the 49ers had the worst defense in the NFL last year and the 49ers won every single game where the defense held the other team to less than 23.  It's just that they only did that twice.

Miami -

29th in 1st quarter points and have scored 0 1st quarter points in the last 3 weeks

32nd in 2nd quarter points, but has scored a whopping 15 total points over the last 3 weeks

32nd in 1st half points, 1.3 points behind 31st.

That damn defense. 

Miami -

29th in 1st quarter points and have scored 0 1st quarter points in the last 3 weeks

32nd in 2nd quarter points, but has scored a whopping 15 total points over the last 3 weeks

32nd in 1st half points, 1.3 points behind 31st.

That damn defense. 
:lmao:

Cutler didn't even play in one of those games.  Or are you now comparing CK to Matt Moore?  What's your point anyway?  Are you saying the Dolphins would have won any of those games with CK playing QB?

If you have followed the discussion with the Russian/Trump scandal there is no actual crime as "collusion" (with some exceptions IRRC like Anti-Trust laws). What would be the crime is "conspiracy" to break some law or engage is some illegal act - and like the tango, it only takes two. I am not sure what law if any was broken here, but Kaep is not bringing a lawsuit but rather a grievance and there may be statutes or whatever covering employment situations (one of the attorneys here can weigh in on that).
Collusion is the correct word here. This is an antitrust issue.

And just for comparison's sake, I assume we all know that the 49ers had the worst defense in the NFL last year and the 49ers won every single game where the defense held the other team to less than 23.  It's just that they only did that twice.
What was their best passing offense ranking in any of colin's years as starter? 

I will save you the trouble henry

23, 30, 30, 29, 29, 32.

The only reason they finished 23rd in 2012 is because alex smith started half the games.

Question for those who find NFL players kneeling to be disrespectful to the National Anthem and flag...what are your opinions on...

• During the anthem...fans inserting their team name to the end of the anthem?  (and the home of the...BRAVES! or BLUES...or whatever?)
  • Chicago Blackhawks fans cheering during the anthem (btw...I have no problem with this)?
  • The flag being displayed on the field horizontally against US Flag code?
Anyone who claims the protest disrespect the flag care to try these?

I’m saying that Kaepernick sat for a while and it took a while for anyone to actually notice and care.

Im saying that people who remember the Whitney anthem don’t likely recall what any players were doing at the time.
You know he didn't play the first two preseason games right? You know he wasn't in uniform right? You know that he was noticed during the first game preseason game he was in uniform for, right? 

You know he didn't play the first two preseason games right? You know he wasn't in uniform right? You know that he was noticed during the first game preseason game he was in uniform for, right? 
So...the uniform is what mattered?

Man...I love Whitney...and if that guy was in street clothes I’d totally be able to hear her sing the anthem at the Super Bowl...but damn he had a uniform in...totally killed my concentration on Whitney houston singing the anthem at the Super Bowl.

Surely you are just trolling with all this...right?

Anyone who claims the protest disrespect the flag care to try these?
Why? They aren't the same thing.

Very few people that are offended by what colin is doing are saying it is because it is a violation of code. I think only crazy conservative groups or altright groups have actually made this argument.  

But just so you dont complain, I'll answer your questions.

1. I don't particularly care for this. Seems like making the song about your team instead of the country.

2. Doesn't bother me one bit if they are cheering to support the anthem and the flag. I dont watch blackhawks games so I dont know if they are cheering for the team or the anthem.

3. I think it is awesome! Love when they have it covering like the whole field and everybody works together and celebrates the flag. It is a very impressive site and the intent is to show pride in the flag. 

As always intent matters. Colin stated his intent. 

I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,
You know what is funny about the flag code arguments in this thread, they are exactly the kind of arguments that liberals abhor regarding the black lives matter vs all lives matter debate.

You know what is funny about the flag code arguments in this thread, they are exactly the kind of arguments that liberals abhor regarding the black lives matter vs all lives matter debate.
What specifically are you talking about here? What are these arguments and how are they exactly the same about BLM versus all lives matter debate?

So...the uniform is what mattered?

Man...I love Whitney...and if that guy was in street clothes I’d totally be able to hear her sing the anthem at the Super Bowl...but damn he had a uniform in...totally killed my concentration on Whitney houston singing the anthem at the Super Bowl.

Surely you are just trolling with all this...right?
Are you really that disingenuous that you would try and pretend that an NFL player, specifically the QB, doesn't stand out on the sideline more when in uniform than in street clothes? Especially when he would be the only guy in uniform in the area he was in. The wide shot photo from that first sitting in uniform, he stands out on the bench like a sore thumb. Big number 7. I mean you are literally trying to pretend that players don't wear numbers to be identified uniquely. You are also trying to pretend that the teams dont wear uniforms that are different than the other team so they can be identified easier.  

Who am I kidding, you literally tried to pretend you wouldn't be irritated if ten guys holding anti abortion signs came into the auditorium when your kid was performing at a piano recital. 

Why? They aren't the same thing.

Very few people that are offended by what colin is doing are saying it is because it is a violation of code. I think only crazy conservative groups or altright groups have actually made this argument.  

But just so you dont complain, I'll answer your questions.

1. I don't particularly care for this. Seems like making the song about your team instead of the country.

2. Doesn't bother me one bit if they are cheering to support the anthem and the flag. I dont watch blackhawks games so I dont know if they are cheering for the team or the anthem.

3. I think it is awesome! Love when they have it covering like the whole field and everybody works together and celebrates the flag. It is a very impressive site and the intent is to show pride in the flag. 

As always intent matters. Colin stated his intent. 

Well...you’re right...not exactly the same...but more comparable than some hypothetical recital.

These are actually things that can easily be seen as disrespecting the flag and anthem.

Only one was a flag code thing (the horizontal display)....but it was the selective outrage based on who is doing the supposed disrespecting.

Are you really that disingenuous that you would try and pretend that an NFL player, specifically the QB, doesn't stand out on the sideline more when in uniform than in street clothes? Especially when he would be the only guy in uniform in the area he was in. The wide shot photo from that first sitting in uniform, he stands out on the bench like a sore thumb. Big number 7. I mean you are literally trying to pretend that players don't wear numbers to be identified uniquely. You are also trying to pretend that the teams dont wear uniforms that are different than the other team so they can be identified easier.  

Who am I kidding, you literally tried to pretend you wouldn't be irritated if ten guys holding anti abortion signs came into the auditorium when your kid was performing at a piano recital. 
I’m stating that someone sitting on the bench during the anthem shouldn’t change how offensive it is based on whether he is uniform or not.

If they came into the auditorium while my kid was playing?  That’s a new scenario...

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m stating that someone sitting on the bench during the anthem shouldn’t change how offensive it is based on whether he is uniform or not.

If they came into the auditorium while my kid was playing?  That’s a new scenario...enjoy your trolling.  
Who said it was more offensive? Not me. 

It is absolutely just as offensive for him to do it in street clothes. It just isn't as noticeable. Your point that nobody cared about it for the first couple of games was ridiculous. He was in street clothes and people didnt notice. Even if they did notice, they may not have been upset until he said that he was purposely doing it because...

I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color
He didn't say that until after the third preseason game. 

If they came into the auditorium while my kid was playing?  That’s a new scenario...enjoy your trolling.  
This is like the kid that puts his fingers in his ears. Jesus. Change it to came into auditorium just before your kid played and then right when he started hitting the keys they busted out their dead fetus signs in a perfectly peaceful manner. Even though you knew exactly what I meant. The whole point is that protesting peacefully isn't always appropriate just because it is peaceful. As I said before there are literally thousands of scenarios where it is totally ridiculous to protest during. 

And for the record, dude you would lose it. Its like you forget we saw you lose your cool and go MOP over and over in the favre/rodgers thread.  

This is like the kid that puts his fingers in his ears. Jesus. Change it to came into auditorium just before your kid played and then right when he started hitting the keys they busted out their dead fetus signs in a perfectly peaceful manner. Even though you knew exactly what I meant. The whole point is that protesting peacefully isn't always appropriate just because it is peaceful. As I said before there are literally thousands of scenarios where it is totally ridiculous to protest during. 

And for the record, dude you would lose it. Its like you forget we saw you lose your cool and go MOP over and over in the favre/rodgers thread.  
Going way back to troll now.  Nice.

You mean the thread where I defended the team going with Rodgers.  Odd...seems like I was spot on there.

Enjoy your fishing BS...no way this is anything more than schtick.

Going way back to troll now.  Nice.

You mean the thread where I defended the team going with Rodgers.  Odd...seems like I was spot on there.

Enjoy your fishing BS...no way this is anything more than schtick.
Nope. I am always dead serious when i point out how other posters are being dishonest. 

Like when people try and pretend that an athlete doesn't stand out when in uniform. ESPN just showed tonight the clip where aaron judge is out of uniform and people sitting 3 feet from him don't notice it is him.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKXhSZjMYIk 

Remember when you tried to mislead people by posting that nobody cared when colin sat for the first two games? In the preseason. You know because just as many people watch or go to preseason games right? 

Remember when you stated that you very clearly stated something and when asked about it, you couldn't link to a post where you said it?

That is all in this thread. Today. 

I am not sure why you feel the need to tell people like KCitons, the mother in the whitney video I posted for you, or the serviceman from the comment I posted that their feelings about the anthem aren't worthy of consideration. All of those feelings predated colin's protest, so selective outrage simply doesnt apply. Those were real feelings people described. Real feelings you simply don't care about. In fact, no screw that. It isnt that you dont care about them you tell them they simply arent allowed to have them. I could at least respect if you said you didnt care. 

You know what my favorite thing is? You just absolutely always have to have the last word so when you run out of anything to say that is relevant to a topic, you just continuously repost that the other person is trolling. Don't worry buddy, you just have to post one more time that I must be fishing or trolling because I don't have some crazy need to get the last word in with you. 

Would informal communications about Kaepernick rise to the level, I wonder? I can see discussion like so (names are only examples):

[Jerry Jones, Jerry Richardson, and Bob McNair along the back nine somewhere]

JJ: I don't think Kaepernick understands who he offended ...
JR: No kidding ... we already have Cam -- but even if we didn't, no way we could bring Kaep on board
BM: Nope, same here JR.

To me, that kind of shooting-the-breeze is not enough to establish collusion. It would have to be more like this:

[Jerry Jones, Jerry Richardson, and Bob McNair along the back nine somewhere]

JJ: I don't think Kaepernick understands who he offended ...
JR: No kidding ... we already have Cam -- but even if we didn't, no way we could bring Kaep on board.
BM: Well, it's distasteful sometimes ... but you guys know that winning comes first
JJ: Yeah, that's true ... but ...
BM: I was thinking that Kaep could keep the seat warm for Deshaun Watson for a season or two. Maybe be a good mentor for the kid
JR: Do what you gotta do, Bob ... that guy can't walk into my building
JJ: Now hold on, Bob. Aren't you trying to get something passed through the Competition Committee? It's going to be hard to side with someone who keeps a league black-eye on their roster. Think about that.
BM: Yeah, but ...
JJ: Think about it long and hard, Bob. I've been laying off of New Braunfels and Round Rock, making sure that both of us get our jerseys and gear into those stores. But if you're kicking half your fan base to the curb ... heck, those stores are going to want Cowboys merch to fill their wall space. How can I tell them no? Make the right call, Bob.
Plus it would have to be documented

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 19h19 hours ago

Athletes for Impact, an advocacy group that includes #Seahawks DL Michael Bennett,

releases a statement supporting Colin Kaepernick in hopes of him signing with a team

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/930876846912212992

"It is now clear because of the courage and willingness to speak truth to power, Kaepernick has not been signed by any NFL team. As Seattle Seahawks star Michael Bennett said of Kaepernick, 'If you look at the quarterbacks in the NFL right now, out of the backups, I can't name one better than him...' Legendary athletes such as Muhammad Ali, Tommy Smith and John Carlos were disparaged by many in their day for using their platform to speak out against racism and injustice. Today their statues stand proudly in the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington D.C. and they are widely celebrated as truth tellers ahead of their time. It is time we start celebrating our truth tellers from the start.

"We support Kaepernick's decision to exercise his first amendment rights to protest and we call on all NFL owners, general managers and coaches with a positional need to summon the courage to sign Colin Kaepernick and to stand with us on the right side of history. No one should be denied employment for having the courage to follow their convictions and take action for equality and social justice."

Staying on topic.......

No, Colin Kaepernick Is No Muhammad Ali

Larry Elder

GQ magazine named former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick its 2017 "Citizen of the Year." In doing so, GQ overlooked NFL Houston Texans' J.J. Watt, who raised some $37 million for hurricane relief. Many of Kaepernick's supporters liken his protest to that of boxer Muhammad Ali, who refused to be inducted into the military. The comparison is not well-taken.

For whatever reason, Kaepernick chose not to give the magazine an interview, passing up an opportunity to clearly explain the purpose of his protest. At first, Kaepernick insisted his protest was about the alleged epidemic of police brutality against blacks. Shortly after he started his protest, Kaepernick said: "There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically is police brutality. There's people being murdered unjustly and not being held accountable. The cops are getting paid leave for killing people. That's not right."

Contrast this with Muhammad Ali's protest. He argued that his religious beliefs made him a conscientious objector who ought not be forced to join the military. In doing so, Ali faced up to five years in prison and was stripped of his ability to fight in the U.S. for more than three years, his prime years as an athlete. While the heavyweight title-holder avoided prison during his appeals process -- that ended up in the Supreme Court -- he was forced to hand over his passport, which prevented him from fighting overseas, as well.

Banned from boxing and stripped of his world heavyweight title, Ali argued his case on the road, speaking at a number of colleges and universities, where he repeatedly stated that he would rather abide by his religious convictions rather than violate them in order to make money. Martin Luther King Jr. urged his followers to "admire (Ali's) courage. He is giving up fame. He is giving up millions of dollars to do what his conscience tells him is right."

SEE ALSO

By contrast, Kaepernick wants to have it both ways. The NFL allows players to stand or not, depending upon their own choice. So the league actually gives players permission to stand or not to stand for the national anthem. In Ali's case, his refusal to join the military cost him the ability to earn a living in his chosen profession.

The Supreme Court eventually sided unanimously with Ali, ruling that the appeal board failed to properly specify the reason why Ali's application for a conscientious-objector exemption had been denied. The ruling required Ali's conviction to be overturned, and the court said the record shows that Ali's "beliefs are founded on tenets of the Muslim religion as he understands them." After his Supreme Court victory, Ali could have sued for lost wages, arguing that he was illegally forbidden from working as a fighter. Ali refused, arguing that he would rather look ahead then exact revenge.

Kaepernick, on the other hand, filed a grievance against the NFL, claiming the owners "colluded" against hiring this mediocre-quarterback-turned-locker-room distraction.

What about the merits of Kaepernick's argument? Is there an epidemic of police brutality against blacks? The answer is no.

According to the Centers for Disease Control, police shootings against blacks have declined almost 75 percent since 1968. Of the 963 people shot and killed by police in 2016, 233 were black, and 466 were white. Most people could not name a white person killed by the police because the media are far less interested in a white person killed by a cop than a black person killed by one. Last year, a grand total of 17 unarmed blacks were killed by the police, according to The Washington Post. Contrast this with the approximately 6,000 to 7,000 blacks killed annually, almost all -- as many as 90 percent -- by other blacks. Where is Kaepernick on the fact that the No. 1 cause of preventable death for young blacks is homicide, while the No. 1 cause of preventable death for young white men is "unintentional injuries," or accidents?

San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who supports Kaepernick, said: "It's easier for white people because we haven't lived that experience. It's difficult for many white people to understand the day-to-day feeling that many black people have to deal with. ...

"When somebody like Kaepernick brings attention to this, and others who have, it makes people have to face the issue because it's too easy to let it go because it's not their daily experience. If it's not your daily experience, you don't understand it."

As to Popovich's assertion about the "day-to-day feeling that many black people have to deal with," what of the 1997 Time/CNN poll that found 89 percent of black teens found little or no racism in their day-to-day lives? And more black teens than white teens agreed that "failure to take advantage of available opportunities" was a bigger problem than racism. And this was 20 years ago, before the election and re-election of a black president.

Kaepernick's protest was bogus from the start, and it only helped to create greater unnecessary tension between the black community and the police. "Citizen of the Year," indeed.

Michael Bennett is wrong about this:

"No one should be denied employment for having the courage to follow their convictions and take action for equality and social justice."

Advocacy and activism have costs, and Kaepernick has willingly paid them. He is not being denied employment -- so far as I can tell, his gainful career as an activist and icon has already begun. Kaepernick has a lifetime of appearance and speaking fees to look forward to. Kaepernick has merely taken a fork in the road of life -- he's not been forced to live in squalor or had his possessions confiscated or anything like that.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/christian-nfl-player-calls-out-hypocrisy-of-white-christians_us_5a0c82f7e4b0bc648a0f7e34?utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&utm_source=main_fb&utm_medium=facebook&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

NFL Player Calls Out Hypocrisy Of Christians Who’ve Denounced Colin Kaepernick

Eric Reid, a Christian athlete with the San Francisco 49ers, is calling out the hypocrisy of Christians who have denounced NFL players for protesting police brutality and systemic racism.

Reid, one of the first to join his then-teammate Colin Kaepernick in kneeling during the national anthem last year, cited the Bible to make his point.

“I do see some hypocrisy with the people that call themselves Christians,” Reid, 25, told The Associated Press in an interview released Monday. “If you know Jesus, he went into the house of God and turned over the tables and was angry and said they made the house of God into a marketplace so I would say this is something that He would do.”

Reid was referring to a story that appears in multiple books of the New Testament. The passages tell of Christ entering the Temple in Jerusalem and driving out the merchants and money changers. In the Gospel of John, he’s described as fashioning a “whip of cords” to drive out the animals in the Temple, and turning over the money changers’ tables.

It’s one of the few passages in the Gospels where Jesus demonstrates righteous anger and fury. Christians have varying interpretations of the passage, but many take it as an act of social protest ― a revolutionary warning against those who would take advantage of the poor and oppressed.

Reid said that his faith moved him to take a knee during the national anthem to protest police killings of unarmed black Americans.

“The Bible talks very explicitly in Proverbs about being the voice of the voiceless and speaking up for the vulnerable,” Reid told GQ in a feature on Kaepernick published this week. “Another verse is: ‘Faith without works is dead.’ I guess selfishly I’m trying to get to heaven.”

Over Veterans Day weekend, Reid was one of three NFL players who took a knee during the national anthem before a 49ers game. He said his faith continues to drive him today.

“We have to speak up for those who can’t do it for themselves,” Reid said. “I feel like the past year before we started protesting, the Lord has prepped me for this moment.”

If you elevate the importance of the symbols of America and deference to those symbols over what they are supposed to symbolize (simply put: freedom and justice), then you have really missed the whole point of what makes this country special.

Every crappy country on the planet has its share of nationalists, the ideals that this country was founded upon were incredibly unique at the time and are what ought to be celebrated.

Unfortunately those ideals did not initially apply to everybody. Much has improved over the past 200+ years, but this protest is specifically about the fact that those ideals still do not seem to fully apply to everyone equally. 

RedmondLonghorn said:
If you elevate the importance of the symbols of America and deference to those symbols over what they are supposed to symbolize (simply put: freedom and justice), then you have really missed the whole point of what makes this country special.

Every crappy country on the planet has its share of nationalists, the ideals that this country was founded upon were incredibly unique at the time and are what ought to be celebrated.

Unfortunately those ideals did not initially apply to everybody. Much has improved over the past 200+ years, but this protest is specifically about the fact that those ideals still do not seem to fully apply to everyone equally. 
This is a false equivalent for most people, although I agree that some people have taken it this far.

You can actually think it is inappropriate for him to do what he is doing, but feel very strongly that he shouldn't be arrested for it or that he shouldn't have people spew hate speech against him for it(I realize "hate speech" may mean different things to different people so please dont just focus on this aspect). 

You can also then in turn feel that he deserves criticism for it and think it is perfectly reasonable to not hire him. 

If you disagree, which is your right, I would throw your argument back at you. I would say if you feel we should take away the rights of others to value customs and manners that are legal and peaceful, then you have really missed what makes this country special. 

This is a false equivalent for most people, although I agree that some people have taken it this far.

You can actually think it is inappropriate for him to do what he is doing, but feel very strongly that he shouldn't be arrested for it or that he shouldn't have people spew hate speech against him for it(I realize "hate speech" may mean different things to different people so please dont just focus on this aspect). 

You can also then in turn feel that he deserves criticism for it and think it is perfectly reasonable to not hire him. 

If you disagree, which is your right, I would throw your argument back at you. I would say if you feel we should take away the rights of others to value customs and manners that are legal and peaceful, then you have really missed what makes this country special. 
Pretty much how I feel about it.  I think the kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful and causes their real message to get lost.  But I don't think they should be arrested or anything for doing it.  I also feel that if their employer chooses not to hire them because of it that is their right too.

I think people who get up in arms about these protests are mostly simply misguided. A smaller number are active racists.

I do think that being more offended by somebody kneeling during the national anthem before a football game, than by seemingly systematic police brutality (and institutions shielding bad cops from accountability for it) against minorities is extremely strange. But there is a whole spectrum of negative reactions to it that I have seen. From a level of disagreement that I actually respect to awful, hateful, irredeemable conduct.

For example, I sat next to a friendly acquaintance at dinner recently and we discussed this. He is a retired Army Lieutenant Colonel who is pursuing a doctorate in Counseling. He is white, a total bad-### and is from a tiny community in rural Washington that I had never even heard of before I met him.  He personally doesn't like the method of protest and would prefer it not occur, but he also is very sympathetic to the reasons for it and specifically said that his service to the country was partly in order to allow people the freedom to do things like this, even if he doesn't like them.

That's entirely different than calling the players who do it names, accusing them of being ungrateful publicity hounds, and suggesting they should go somewhere else to live if they don't want to stand for the anthem. Or worse. 

squistion said:
“The Bible talks very explicitly in Proverbs about being the voice of the voiceless and speaking up for the vulnerable,” Reid told GQ in a feature on Kaepernick published this week. “Another verse is: ‘Faith without works is dead.’ I guess selfishly I’m trying to get to heaven.”

Over Veterans Day weekend, Reid was one of three NFL players who took a knee during the national anthem before a 49ers game. He said his faith continues to drive him today.

“We have to speak up for those who can’t do it for themselves,” Reid said. “I feel like the past year before we started protesting, the Lord has prepped me for this moment.”
The part in red interests me. I would say that the act of kneeling during the anthem is a symbolic expression of faith (and/or a secular ideal), but does not in and of itself constitute 'works'.

That's not to say Reid, Kaepernick, Malcolm Jenkins, etc. do not perform good works in service to their cause -- as far as I'm aware, those three in particular do so. I just think they may be elevating the importance of the kneeling -- kneeling won't change a life or, say, get a police officer to examine their priorities. Kneeling, so far as I can tell, gets attention but does not convert attention into positive change. There's a next step to take that doesn't seem to have yet been widely undertaken.

Users who are viewing this thread