Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news

23 minutes ago, squistion said:

So we should use Saudi Arabia as some sort of role model for our behavior?

Absolutely. Take a look at the number of AIDS cases in Saudi Arabia compared to other places that celebrate sodomites. 

9 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

I wouldn't lie to my kid.  I seriously doubt she'd notice if she was at a live game and they don't televise the national anthem on TV telecasts.  So I'm not sure why you chose to go down the dead end street that you did, but you're getting destroyed here and should probably sleek out with your tail between your legs.

What?

You forgot....

I wanted to be honest, I'd say that a lot of people of his race are treated poorly and he's just doing his part to bring attention to it.    If I didn't want to get into that, I'd either say he's saving energy for the game or I have no idea.  Life isn't that hard buddy.

If you wanted to be honest? But ya wouldn't lie to your kid.....huh?

Dude, they should stop this on cuts,  poor little guy.

Edited by ZenoRazon

2 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Well, currently, the stock market has suffered its worst year since 2008 and its worst December since the great depression. The government is shutdown. There are still about 700 children sleeping in cages who have no idea where there parents are. And neither does our government.  The US has been added to the deadliest country for journalists for the first time ever. US Greenhouse gas emissions rose 2.5% in 2018. There is a $779 billion dollar deficit. And 4 million working age Americans have lost healthcare.

So if you define two black guys (the grand total this season) kneeling as 'the real problem', then you need to turn off Sunday Ticket and read a newspaper.

:slow clap:

26 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

Come on guy where do you think we see it the most, yep...home TV. Which was the point.

When you are watching a game at home do you stand at attention during the anthem?

I’m typically going to the bathroom or getting snacks or a beverage.

I understand that everyone is different so I’m curious

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How hard is it to explain why players are kneeling?  If you don't know how to answer your kid's question then just tell him to stop asking you so many questions.  I can't imagine how hard it's going to be for some to have the sex conversation.

Go ahead actually go into detail about what is really going on with all this. Break it down.

2 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

Go ahead actually go into detail about what is really going on with all this. Break it down.

I've had this conversation on here already and don't feel like doing it again.  You can go back through all the pages in this thread and see it explained over and over again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Well, currently, the stock market has suffered its worst year since 2008 and its worst December since the great depression. The government is shutdown. There are still about 700 children sleeping in cages who have no idea where there parents are. And neither does our government.  The US has been added to the deadliest country for journalists for the first time ever. US Greenhouse gas emissions rose 2.5% in 2018. There is a $779 billion dollar deficit. And 4 million working age Americans have lost healthcare.

So if you define two black guys (the grand total this season) kneeling as 'the real problem', then you need to turn off Sunday Ticket and read a newspaper.

I was never talking about 2018, I was always talking about the thread title, that wasn't obvious?

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I've had this conversation on here already and don't feel like doing it again.  You can go back through all the pages in this thread and see it explained over and over again.

And I knew you;d say that, who really wants to break it all down?   And nobody has to if we don;t have it stuck in our face.

Son....why are those guys kneeling?

Dad,....(who really doesn't care and just wants to watch a football game now has to come up with some answer, which as you just showed, sucks)

Edited by ZenoRazon

Just now, ZenoRazon said:

And I knew you;d say that, who really wants to break it all down?   And nobody has to if we don;t have it stuck in out face.

Kaepernick was trying to raise awareness for social injustice and police brutality.  The players want there to be changes made on how minorities are treated.  It never was about the military or anything like that.  That's pretty much it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ZenoRazon said:

I was never talking about 2018, I was always talking about the thread title, that wasn't obvious?

You said I'm refusing to talk about 'the real problem'.  Two black guys kneeling?  That's the real problem? In n2018, 2017, or 2016?  Was it ever a real problem? For a national anthem that isn't even televised?  Or was it similar to the Trump caravan? Something he knew he could draw attention to that would be red meat to his base? You're getting played, bro. You've been getting played for three years now. Stop being a puppet for Trump. This is not an issue. No one is affected in the least.  Whether 300 players are kneeling or 2.  Read my post above if you want of list of things you should actually be concerned about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Kaepernick was trying to raise awareness for social injustice and police brutality.  The players want there to be changes made on how minorities are treated.  It never was about the military or anything like that.  That's pretty much it.

The quandary is, how does someone who is totally cool with how minorities are being treated, explain that to his son?  Without accidently thowing in a few n-words?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JuniorNB said:

The quandary is, how does someone who is totally cool with how minorities are being treated, explain that to his son?  Without accidently thowing in a few n-words?

There are some very strange points of view from some people out there.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why not talk about why we have police brutality? Which will take us where?  That's right crime stats which show us what?  Do we really need a kid being fed this kind of stuff? This is not a one way street, it's not just about the law, we can't ignore why the law has ti get so involved.  Gang activity, drugs, prostitution, spousal abuse,  illegal gambling, and it goes on and on, so we sit a kid down and delve into all this....really?

You can't let a kid think its all about the law, because it's not.

4 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

What is it about then?

8 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

You said I'm refusing to talk about 'the real problem'.  Two black guys kneeling?  That's the real problem? In n2018, 2017, or 2016?  Was it ever a real problem? For a national anthem that isn't even televised?  Or was it similar to the Trump caravan? Something he knew he could draw attention to that would be red meat to his base? You're getting played, bro. You've been getting played for three years now. Stop being a puppet for Trump. This is not an issue. No one is affected in the least.  Whether 300 players are kneeling or 2.  Read my post above if you want of list of things you should actually be concerned about.

First off Trumo is a total moron so dropthat silliness.  Second off there is far more to this than what the protesters are trying to peddle. This. it's all about the law, isn't accurate.

Do I really need to break out a crayon guy and draw a big damn picture for ya?  How is Nigerai doing, how about Jamaica, how about the inner cities ? To try and ignore what is really going isn't right. 

2 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

First off Trumo is a total moron so dropthat silliness.  Second off there is far more to this than what the protesters are trying to peddle. This. it's all about the law, isn't accurate.

Do I really need to break out a crayon guy and draw a big damn picture for ya?  How is Nigerai doing, how about Jamaica, how about the inner cities ? To try and ignore what is really going isn't right. 

So basically, your dilemma is when to break it to your son that you're a disgusting racist?  Ok. Now I'm feeling you. I can't really help you out though.  Have you considered moving to Sweden?

1 minute ago, bananafish said:

What is it about then?

2 minutes ago, bananafish said:

What is it about then?

We have no bad guys?  So cops just go around picking on people?  I haven't talked to a cop since HS, and won't be. 

16 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

10% of the US population does not account for 50% of the prison population because of mistreatment. 

We have no bad guys?  So cops just go around picking on people?  I haven't talked to a cop since HS, and won't be. 

Chances are, you won't be. If you don't break any laws. Unfortunately, that isn't always how it works for people who don't look like you.

Just now, JuniorNB said:

So basically, your dilemma is when to break it to your son that you're a disgusting racist?  Ok. Now I'm feeling you. I can't really help you out though.  Have you considered moving to Sweden?

Dude,  I was a sprinter, footballer, most my friends are black, what do we listen to....BLUES, so wrong it's comical, hell, my sons girl friend is black.

Dude jump off that crap,  quick, , hahahahaha~~~~~~~

1 minute ago, WilliamBonney said:

10% of the US population does not account for 50% of the prison population because of mistreatment. 

It's much more a socioeconomic problem than a race problem.  Ever watch Cops? Lots and lots of white guys running from the police. And quite a few live in trailers and projects.

Dude,  I was a sprinter, footballer, most my friends are black, what do we listen to....BLUES, so wrong it's comical, hell, my sons girl friend is black.

Dude jump off that crap,  quick, , hahahahaha~~~~~~~

Haha,  I was waiting for the 'I have black friends' moment. You're going right down the checklist.

• Like 2

Chances are, you won't be. If you don't break any laws. Unfortunately, that isn't always how it works for people who don't look like you.

So it's all about how a person looks, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~

It's much more a socioeconomic problem than a race problem.  Ever watch Cops? Lots and lots of white guys running from the police. And quite a few live in trailers and projects.

Agreed, but many, including an unemployed QB want to make excuses rather than take responsibility for actions. 

8 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

I'm not sure what common problems Nigeria, Jamaica and "the inner cities" have.  And I have no idea what those places have in common. They seem very different to me. Would you mind breaking out the crayon guy and drawing a big damn picture for me?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Haha,  I was waiting for the 'I have black friends' moment. You're going right down the checklist.

Dude, black history buff here, and a roots music historian, my fav authors Baldwin, Elllison, Wright, one of my fav poets Langston Hughes,.

Jump off that crap guy, ok?

1 minute ago, TobiasFunke said:

I'm not sure what common problems Nigeria, Jamaica and "the inner cities" have.  And I have no idea what those places have in common. They seem very different to me. Would you mind breaking out the crayon guy and drawing a big damn picture for me?

When choosing crayons, he'd only need one color.

• Like 1

Dude, black history buff here, and a roots music historian, my fav authors Baldwin, Elllison, Wright, one of my fav poets Langston Hughes,.

Jump off that crap guy, ok?

Then what do Jamaica, Nigeria, and inner cities have in common?   And let me guess, Dr J was your favorite basketball player?  And Mean Joe Green for football.

2 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Give it some thought, you can do this.

5 minutes ago, WilliamBonney said:

Agreed, but many, including an unemployed QB want to make excuses rather than take responsibility for actions. 

Speaking of taking responsibility for one's actions, how long is your normal login on a TO for? 

• Like 3

Then what do Jamaica, Nigeria, and inner cities have in common?   And let me guess, Dr J was your favorite basketball player?  And Mean Joe Green for football.

Law breakers, a lot of criminals. so what is the law up against there?

Dude, cool the BS, ok?  My favorite people are my black friends, the guys I have known all my life, my teammates. 

Cool it, ok?

3 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

Speaking of taking responsibility for one's actions, how long is your normal login on a TO for? 

I was unaware that posting facts was frowned upon in this establishment. 

Law breakers, a lot of criminals. so what is the law up against there?

Dude, cool the BS, ok?  My favorite people are my black friends, the guys I have known all my life, my teammates. 

Cool it, ok?

Lol. You're adorable.  Every post you make is saying that being black is the the common denominator to the problem. Complete with listing the blackest countries you can think of.  And then act offended that someone implies you are racist.  Hilarious.

Here's another tip, both players that still kneel play for the dolphins.  So avoid their games and you and your kid can live happily ever after.

There's just no getting around the fact that Colin Kaepernick was an overrated QB.  Other overrated QBs include Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb, Randall Cunningham, and Warren Moon.  All of my black friends and my black teammates on my sprint team agree with me, and we frequently discuss this topic when we're not listening to the blues.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

There's just no getting around the fact that Colin Kaepernick was an overrated QB.  Other overrated QBs include Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb, Randall Cunningham, and Warren Moon.  All of my black friends and my black teammates on my sprint team agree with me, and we frequently discuss this topic when we're not listening to the blues.

Quite the collection of SB rings you have there. 

Give it some thought, you can do this.

I did. I honestly don't know what you're talking about. Nigeria is a large and diverse country in Africa that includes one of the largest cities in the world (Lagos) that has a thriving economy, as well as suburban and more isolated areas including remote tribal populations. Jamaica is a small island country thousands of miles away, with a population that's less than 20% that of Lagos alone. "Inner cities" isn't even a country, it's just a vague description of a bunch of places. I live in a city; I know it's not for everybody but nothing is and I love it.

So what exactly are you trying to say here?  What common problems do these places have that other places do not have, and why do you think that's the case?

8 minutes ago, WilliamBonney said:

I was unaware that posting facts was frowned upon in this establishment. 

I don't know about the rest of you, but to me this seems like someone making excuses instead of taking responsibility. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Lol. You're adorable.  Every post you make is saying that being black is the the common denominator to the problem. Complete with listing the blackest countries you can think of.  And then act offended that someone implies you are racist.  Hilarious.

Here's another tip, both players that still kneel play for the dolphins.  So avoid their games and you and your kid can live happily ever after.

Dude, what is this thread about, yep....black...protesters, right?  So what else are we suppose to talk about. well?

And wrong about the blackest countries.....Jamaica??? Ever hear of Kenya, Ghana, Nambia, Congo, Ivory Coast.

Dude, don't ever call anyone a racist or even imply it, that sucks guy. I;m a track guy so I'm going to know all about blacks, roots music will be black then there's football. ok? 

I am a legit black history buff, yep, start with the slave trade. 

So we have an understanding, right?

And, I couldn't care less about kneeling or not kneeling, ok?  UNLESS....it's the topic of a thread.

Edited by ZenoRazon

10 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

This thread certainly got interesting in a hurry.

I think I there needs to be a curfew for this thread.

• Like 1

Dude, what is this thread about, yep....black...protesters, right?  So what else are we suppose to talk about. well?

And wrong about the blackest countries.....Jamaica??? Ever hear of Kenya, Ghana, Nambia, Cong, Ivory Coast.

Dude, don't ever call anyone a racist or even imply it, that sucks guy. I;m a track guy so I'm going to know all about blacks, roots music will be black then there's football. ok? 

You stop taking a racist stance I'll stop pointing it out. We good, chief?

• Like 1

Im a track guy(30 years ago...or so since he has a 25 year old son).

I mean what possesses someone to come online just to stir crap up?  Because there is no way this guy is being honest with this and the curfew bit.

So why?

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I think I there needs to be a curfew for this thread.

It's been a non-story for a year.  The kneeling part.  If this guy wanted to talk about Kaepernick's lawsuit against the league or why teams won't sign him, that would be relevant.  But kneeling?  Two out of 1700 players knelt this season. :lol:

Edited by JuniorNB

Just now, sho nuff said:

Im a track guy(30 years ago...or so since he has a 25 year old son).

I mean what possesses someone to come online just to stir crap up?  Because there is no way this guy is being honest with this and the curfew bit.

So why?

I think he's insinuating that he has the long, sinewy hamstrings of a black man.

And wrong about the blackest countries.....Jamaica??? Ever hear of Kenya, Ghana, Nambia, Cong, Ivory Coast.

And, I couldn't care less about kneeling or not kneeling, ok?  UNLESS....it's the topic of a thread.

So just to be clear, you're saying that countries with large dark-skinned populations have high crime rates?  Is that an accurate summary of your position?

Assuming it is (and setting aside a debate about whether it's even true), why do you think there's a correlation, and what does it have to do with this thread?

46 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

Why not talk about why we have police brutality? Which will take us where?  That's right crime stats which show us what?  Do we really need a kid being fed this kind of stuff? This is not a one way street, it's not just about the law, we can't ignore why the law has ti get so involved.  Gang activity, drugs, prostitution, spousal abuse,  illegal gambling, and it goes on and on, so we sit a kid down and delve into all this....really?

What are you talking about?  I think you need to sit back and relax a little.  I know the world is a scary place but it's not all that bad.

5 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but to me this seems like someone making excuses instead of taking responsibility. 

If posting facts is against the rules then I take full responsibility. 

3 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

White history buff here, fellas.

7 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

I did. I honestly don't know what you're talking about. Nigeria is a large and diverse country in Africa that includes one of the largest cities in the world (Lagos) that has a thriving economy, as well as suburban and more isolated areas including remote tribal populations. Jamaica is a small island country thousands of miles away, with a population that's less than 20% that of Lagos alone. "Inner cities" isn't even a country, it's just a vague description of a bunch of places. I live in a city; I know it's not for everybody but nothing is and I love it.

So what exactly are you trying to say here?  What common problems do these places have that other places do not have, and why do you think that's the case?

Crime, all those places a huge crime rate,  so what is the law suppose to do?