What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (4 Viewers)

Your explanation was you couldn't figure out how to log into the LD account, if I accept that, have to say, you're a bigger imbecile than I even give you credit for. 

When someone prefaces a comment with something to the effect of "I'll give you the answer you want to hear" there's a 90% chance that they're ####### with you.

Let's use the below exchange as an example

:lmao:

I am curious about one thing, and hopefully you could help me understand:

So @Limp Ditka was suspended (prob for not being excellent to someone) and you obviously couldn't go more than 30 minutes without FBG, so you started posting under this account. Now that LD has prob completed the suspension, why haven't you brought it back? I could make a simple guess, but I'd like you to tell us why. 

Looking for those whole nine yards of info here. 

Oh, and if you feel your way of responding within a post is better suited than using a different color, we can add stubborn to stupid. Prob just couldn't figure out how to change the font color, if I had to guess though.

I'll give you the answer you want to hear. Technology is hard and I cant figure out how to change what user is logged on. 
Now....Would you care to guess if my response was in the 90% or the 10%? 

Last edited by a moderator:
When someone prefaces a comment with something to the effect of "I'll give you the answer you want to hear" there's a 90% chance that they're ####### with you.

Let's use the below exchange as an example

Now....Would you care to guess if my response was in to 90% or the 10%? 
Didn't you just tell me to accept what I had been told 10 minutes ago? 

To clarify, you didn't really tell me anything, bc well, the truth is pretty ####### pathetic. Even more than not being able to figure out how to change users?

Excellent formatting in the previous post, btw. 

Your explanation was you couldn't figure out how to log into the LD account, if I accept that, have to say, you're a bigger imbecile than I even give you credit for. 
Why?  You can't seem to figure out how to use the private message function.

Why?  You can't seem to figure out how to use the private message function.
I think you're angry with me bc I challenged your Labour Party quote? It is interesting you call me out (now multiple times today), yet the other part of the equation, who is equally responsible for this exchange (as well as many others), gets a pass from you, and you challenge only me. The timing is intriguing due to the aforementioned. 

Didn't you just tell me to accept what I had been told 10 minutes ago? 

To clarify, you didn't really tell me anything, bc well, the truth is pretty ####### pathetic. Even more than not being able to figure out how to change users?

Excellent formatting in the previous post, btw. 
I told you that it wasn't worth it.

Much like that meme you created, its not worth the effort. 
As a matter of fact, I told you twice! 

as I said before, its not worth the effort. To be honest with you though, now there's two reasons. 
Take it or keep on fantasizing about my actions. Your choice. 

I think you're angry with me bc I challenged your Labour Party quote? It is interesting you call me out (now multiple times today), yet the other part of the equation, who is equally responsible for this exchange (as well as many others), gets a pass from you, and you challenge only me. The timing is intriguing due to the aforementioned. 
I'm only perturbed that you seem to feel the need to spend several pages of a thread about an actual issue in the news trying to berate a poster about his account. 

I'm only perturbed that you seem to feel the need to spend several pages of a thread about an actual issue in the news trying to berate a poster about his account. 
There are 300 pages of things to be perturbed about in this train wreck of a thread. I find it hard to believe this would be a breaking point as it relates to this particular thread.

Don't you tell me when I can pander.  I will fire up a "Pander Bear" alias so fast it will make your head spin.
I don't think that's how it works. You telling us your new alias name takes away all of the guess work of trying to figure out "who's alias are you"?

Zahn was acting cynically, anyway. The flap helps him among local Republicans, even though he walked the unenforcable 'ban' back. He'll run for something at the state level, and likely waltz in. After that? We'll see.
Why was the ban unenforceable? 
State contracting and bidding laws run counter:

[Kenner] City Councilman Mike Sigur said Louisiana state law lets governments specify the types of products they want to buy but forbids disqualifying specific brands such as Nike. Still, he said, Zahn's directive was an administrative rule that so far has not come before the council in the form of any proposal to buy sports apparel.
On top of that, there was an issue of whether the edict meant anything when Nike products were basically priced out anyway (same link):

[Kenner City Councilman George] Branigan said that when he was president of the Muss Bertolino Playground Booster Club in 1995 and 1996, the club grossed more than $100,000 a year and spent its revenue buying uniforms for teams, paying umpires and building new ball fields. He said the club never bought Nike apparel back then because it was too expensive.

Ergo, Zahn was making a cosmetic political maneuver, not a principled one. IMO.

When only 2-3 posts on this entire page are about Kaepernick it’s probably time to shut this down.

:lock:

everyone still talking about that guy and thing he stands for and the attention it is all getting that no one is talking about or what brohans take that to the bank 

Jemele makes a good point:

Jemele Hill‏ @jemelehill Sep 12

Because it constantly bears repeating ... Kenny Stills’ decision to take a knee was never about the flag or disrespecting veterans. 90 percent of the people criticizing Stills, Colin Kaepernick or any other player that has taken a knee, have never lifted one finger to aid a vet.

https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/1039902470254874625

Jemele makes a good point:

Jemele Hill‏ @jemelehill Sep 12

Because it constantly bears repeating ... Kenny Stills’ decision to take a knee was never about the flag or disrespecting veterans. 90 percent of the people criticizing Stills, Colin Kaepernick or any other player that has taken a knee, have never lifted one finger to aid a vet.

https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/1039902470254874625
Perception...way too late for that to change.  Original message was lost a long time ago. Stills needs to find a new way to get his message out..his own idea.

Yeah, those kind of things never happen in this forum.  This was the one to finally send you over the edge.   Oh and LOL about this thread being an issue.

I see the censorship squad is out.
Good one guy.

Edit - that’s wasn’t cool. Sorry - my intent was more time is being spent talking about other nonsense than the Kaep situation. Let’s leave it to that. 

Nike is in my portfolio!  :thumbup:   Don`t know how long the martyr campaign can last but if they are selling more product and making more $$$$ run with it.
That's for sure on the financial side. A lot of "politics" is about this now, this is just a direct example. 

Another example: Fox News and CNN. Ratings and money. Fox News. They don't care about politics. They care about ratings. Who's at home all day long? Old retirees. Put on what they want.

CNN made a decision in 2016 cycle: pay abnormally high attention to Trump, his ratings are amazing compared to anyone else. They reap what they sow.

Result: look at the tax code.

So it's all about "look at my portfolio" to some extent. And middle Joe may get a few percents off his income taxes, or benefit in their portfolio. But those with the serious net worth are those winning bigly. Think $10M and up. Follow the money.

That's for sure on the financial side. A lot of "politics" is about this now, this is just a direct example. 

Another example: Fox News and CNN. Ratings and money. Fox News. They don't care about politics. They care about ratings. Who's at home all day long? Old retirees. Put on what they want.

CNN made a decision in 2016 cycle: pay abnormally high attention to Trump, his ratings are amazing compared to anyone else. They reap what they sow.

Result: look at the tax code.

So it's all about "look at my portfolio" to some extent. And middle Joe may get a few percents off his income taxes, or benefit in their portfolio. But those with the serious net worth are those winning bigly. Think $10M and up. Follow the money.
I agree..all Nike cares about is the bottom line and it makes sense...but that is the big circle that leads back to Kappy.  NFL owners care about the bottom line too and their fan base and that is why Kappy is selling Nikes and not a backup NFL QB.

It really is simplistic.

I agree..all Nike cares about is the bottom line and it makes sense...but that is the big circle that leads back to Kappy.  NFL owners care about the bottom line too and their fan base and that is why Kappy is selling Nikes and not a backup NFL QB.

It really is simplistic.
Sure. Kaep was in that position because Trump dumped on him.

Kaep didn't help himself by wearing pig socks.

Kaep's skill set vs. the headache isn't a hard decision for most teams who already have someone at QB. Even the Jets have someone now. 

The issue is blown out of proportion because it turned from a civil rights expression by Kaep to a patriotism issue by Trump. Trump knows it's a winning issue for him when he turns it that way.

All of this is a big distraction and talking point for Trump which is why "politics" is in quotes in the first post. A shiny object talking point. When real people at borders are suffering, or people in Puerto Rico, that's real life people issues.

The political slant to the financial article is in the approval ratings among the demographic that Nike is going after and how that may translate in the electorate.

Users who are viewing this thread