What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (4 Viewers)

Everyone knows you're posing.

Posted Nike at record high (true), and you went to the "what bout the (foreign) children" card.   :bag:

Sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love when someone quotes Squistion with something as dumb as his last tweet, almost want to take him off ignore just for the chuckles.

I can see him sitting there reading that tweet, circus music floating around, and the thought; Yea, look at those numbers, Kaep & Brady!!!
why are you trolling someone you have on ignore?

The ex-Green Beret who inspired Colin Kaepernick to kneel instead of sit during the anthem would like to clear a few things up

And from conservatives: “[They] put all veterans in this box and say, ‘You’re offending every veteran.’ That’s also ridiculous. Or, ‘He’s protesting the anthem.’ He’s not protesting the national anthem. It has become an anthem debate, but that’s not what the protest is about. It’s about racial inequality, police brutality.”

Whether people agree or disagree, Boyer wishes the message hadn’t been intercepted.

“It’s not fair to Colin, it’s not fair to me, and it’s not fair to the cause,” he said. “And it’s not good for our country.”
Ask 100 green berets and see what their answer is

The ex-Green Beret who inspired Colin Kaepernick to kneel instead of sit during the anthem would like to clear a few things up

And from conservatives: “[They] put all veterans in this box and say, ‘You’re offending every veteran.’ That’s also ridiculous. Or, ‘He’s protesting the anthem.’ He’s not protesting the national anthem. It has become an anthem debate, but that’s not what the protest is about. It’s about racial inequality, police brutality.”

Whether people agree or disagree, Boyer wishes the message hadn’t been intercepted.

“It’s not fair to Colin, it’s not fair to me, and it’s not fair to the cause,” he said. “And it’s not good for our country.”
Every party boxes people in...that is why I hate politics. Having your own open mind to decide on individual topics is long gone.

Wow, this thread is quite the hot mess right now. I especially enjoy the "You are a hypocrite if you don't demand that workers in foreign countries get $15/hour" schtick. That's Reed-Richards-quality work right there.

Ask 100 green berets and see what their answer is
Does that make this man’s opinion any less valid?  There have been numerous veterans echoing his words...why are their opinions any less valid?

Someone should set up a poal on this. How many veterans and ex military take offense to Kap.

Disclaimer: Im not even in the same zip code as a war vet or any active duty member (was a Marine Reserve MP in the 90s). I am not at all offended.

I'm not a veteran either.  And I'm not offended by his kneeling.  I just think it's a stupid hey look at me stunt to use the anthem and the NFL to push his agenda so I understand why a veteran or the NFL would be upset by it.  But he has the right to do it and the right to suffer any consequences for doing it.

Ramblin Wreck said:
I'm not a veteran either.  And I'm not offended by his kneeling.  I just think it's a stupid hey look at me stunt to use the anthem and the NFL to push his agenda so I understand why a veteran or the NFL would be upset by it.  But he has the right to do it and the right to suffer any consequences for doing it.
I'm trying to remain somewhat sane so haven't read every post in this thread, but have Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson been mentioned in here for continuing to kneel during the anthem?  Seems like they aren't suffering any consequences for doing it (other than having to play with Ryan Tannehill).  

I'm trying to remain somewhat sane so haven't read every post in this thread, but have Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson been mentioned in here for continuing to kneel during the anthem?  Seems like they aren't suffering any consequences for doing it (other than having to play with Ryan Tannehill).  
They certainly haven't been vilified as Kaepernick has.

Just pick any random page and join in..they are all the same.

As far as Stills and Wilson the "chatter" on the kneeling has died down. 24 hour news cycle and this is stale news.  People want to know why AB missed practice and when Bell is returning.

In Stills case (and Malcolm Jenkins too) they are good players so of course they get away with more.  Also none of the other players have the baggage beyond just kneeling (pig socks thing, girlfriend calling an owner racist, etc...).   But as soon as Kenny Stills is running 4.6's he's going to all of a sudden have consequences too.

The best part about all of this is that we're probably at the tipping point or peak of Colin Kaepernick's popularity and relevance. Even Tim Tebow couldn't stay in the spotlight.

We're close to 2 years removed from his last NFL start. His influence and importance will only continue to diminish until he is a footnote.

I don’t believe he was around.  He may have been popped prior or just have other responsibilities to deal with.

It’s nice not having the Twitter spam either way.
True...and the 10 responses to each of his posts (granted, several of those were in that purge).  The volume is noticeably absent.

The best part about all of this is that we're probably at the tipping point or peak of Colin Kaepernick's popularity and relevance. Even Tim Tebow couldn't stay in the spotlight.

We're close to 2 years removed from his last NFL start. His influence and importance will only continue to diminish until he is a footnote.
I would say the best part is all the people who don't realize their own over-the-top anger towards Kaepernick is exactly what's kept him so relevant for this long.

TobiasFunke said:
I would say the best part is all the people who don't realize their own over-the-top anger towards Kaepernick is exactly what's kept him so relevant for this long.
The whole situation had died down. Only a couple players stills kneeling, media not covering them anymore..even Trump was somewhat quiet if possible.  Nike got it fired up again but even that has quieted down.

The whole situation had died down. Only a couple players stills kneeling, media not covering them anymore..even Trump was somewhat quiet if possible.  Nike got it fired up again but even that has quieted down.
Sure, that's how pretty much all news/controversies work. None of them last forever.  It'll flare back up when something happens, like if the President needs to change the subject or when there's a development in his case against the NFL or something.

Users who are viewing this thread