What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (4 Viewers)

Well, Tim, perhaps you should pass on the word to Trump as he has done more in the last year to keep the kneeling in the news more than anyone else.

And also, those who are still kneeling don't consider social injustice or racial discrimination trivial matters.
With only 3 players kneeling and 2 of them are bit players nobodies it time try something else. Still think grassroots work going into communities and working with police and their communities is way more effective than just kneeling for a minute. Person to person actually has impact on lives and can promote change.  Kneeling really has no impact.

Last edited by a moderator:
With only 3 players kneeling and 2 of them are bit players nobodies it time try something else. Still think grassroots work going into communities and working with police and their communities is way more effective than just kneeling for a minute. Person to person actually has impact on lives and can promote change.  Kneeling really has no impact.
If kneeling actually has no impact, Colin Kaepernick would not have become an African American icon.

And I find it amusing that people who believed that the players never should not have done the kneeling in the first place are now saying time to try something else - like they would have paid any attention to the alternative of community based work (which many NFL players have been and are actually involved in).

If kneeling actually has no impact, Colin Kaepernick would not have become an African American icon.

And I find it amusing that people who believed that the players never should not have done the kneeling in the first place are now saying time to try something else - like they would have paid any attention to the alternative of community based work (which many NFL players have been and are actually involved in).
I have never said they should not kneel nor do I care if they do.  The kneeling has no impact on the streets of Chicago, LA, Detroit or anywhere else there on confrontations on a daily basis. Plus with only 3 non significant players still kneeling it is even less. After Reid's first week it will be a non story again.

I think they should move on to something else (as does Malcolm Jenkins*),  but it is not either/or and not true that there hasn't been an impact. Kneeling brings awareness that causes action to be taken. The NFL would probably not have started the social justice initiative and given all of that money without it. Community involvement gets stuff done, but doesn't broadly increase awareness or agitate for broader action. 

*Jenkins on Sept 5: "Me personally, I really want to get this conversation to move away from the anthem,” he says. “I think it has served its purpose.”

I have never said they should not kneel nor do I care if they do.  The kneeling has no impact on the streets of Chicago, LA, Detroit or anywhere else there on confrontations on a daily basis. Plus with only 3 non significant players still kneeling it is even less. After Reid's first week it will be a non story again.
For someone who is supposedly indifferent to the kneeling issue, you have posted a lot in this thread.

For someone who is supposedly indifferent to the kneeling issue, you have posted a lot in this thread.
My posts were always about if Kappy had a right to kneel which he does.  And if the owners had the right not to employ him if they felt he was bad for the bottom line which they do.  Not about the kneeling itself. That is irrelevant to me. I mean I never see the NA anyway. 

Well, Tim, perhaps you should pass on the word to Trump as he has done more in the last year to keep the kneeling in the news more than anyone else.

And also, those who are still kneeling don't consider social injustice or racial discrimination trivial matters.
Social injustice and racial discrimination are not trivial matters. Kneeling about them in a way that is guaranteed to outrage people is trivial. Reacting to that kneeling by calling for suspensions and firing is even more trivial. 

Sorry but given the problems this country and world are facing, it’s absurd that we’re wasting any time on this discussion. 

He seems jealous of this threads activity, why else lash out . I find this thread fascinating and you as the OP keep it on topic. Keep up the good work 

He seems jealous of this threads activity, why else lash out . I find this thread fascinating and you as the OP keep it on topic. Keep up the good work 
Lol, I’m not jealous. And I’m one of the few around here that really like squistion. But there’s too much time being paid to this topic, especially by Trump. 

Nike is now down over 10 billion since signing Colin. That guy is just toxic. This whole market drop is probably his fault. Tariffs...china....shoes....nike.....colin. Follow the breadcrumbs.  

Nike is now down over 10 billion since signing Colin. That guy is just toxic. This whole market drop is probably his fault. Tariffs...china....shoes....nike.....colin. Follow the breadcrumbs.  
You really don't know how the market works, do you? No need to reply, posts like this answer the question quite nicely.

I have not read a single post in this 315 page thread. So excuse me if this has been discussed. Colin could really get some cred and backing if he would volunteer to coach in a underprivileged [poor black] neighborhood school system. 

I have not read a single post in this 315 page thread. So excuse me if this has been discussed. Colin could really get some cred and backing if he would volunteer to coach in a underprivileged [poor black] neighborhood school system. 
It would be much self gratification...but it would take too much time.

Colin Kaepernick‏ @Kaepernick7 12h12 hours ago

Thank you Harvard University for honoring me tonight with the W.E.B. Du Bois Medal. I’m grateful for this recognition and to be amongst the other highly esteemed honorees that inspire me.

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/1050601031128702976
Squis you post to the same 15-20 guys in this thread all the time but are you a community person who gets out and actually does some things to help the causes you post about where you live?  Here it is just keyboard stuff that does not make a difference.   I grew up in Detroit and still volunteer once a month for a couple causes in the city that desperately  need people to help.  I have involved a few of my friends as well.  It is very rewarding and when you connect with an actual person and see that they really appreciate you it is all that much better..  Seems like you would enjoy that type of thing.

Colin Kaepernick‏ @Kaepernick7 11h11 hours ago

Thank you Tommie Smith & John Carlos 4 the sacrifices you made on this day 50 yrs ago.They have laid the foundation 4 the advancement of many others at their own personal expense, & have done it gracefully & unapologetically! We will never be able 2 repay you 4 what you have done 4 us!

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/1052385584931635200 (pictures of Smith and Carlos with Kaep at link).

Squis you post to the same 15-20 guys in this thread all the time but are you a community person who gets out and actually does some things to help the causes you post about where you live?  Here it is just keyboard stuff that does not make a difference.   I grew up in Detroit and still volunteer once a month for a couple causes in the city that desperately  need people to help.  I have involved a few of my friends as well.  It is very rewarding and when you connect with an actual person and see that they really appreciate you it is all that much better..  Seems like you would enjoy that type of thing.
I'm not surprised he ignored this.  I doubt he really cares.  People out making real world changes aren't posting online 5-6 hours a day.

I'm not surprised he ignored this.  I doubt he really cares.  People out making real world changes aren't posting online 5-6 hours a day.
It was a serious post. Just thought by his posts that he would enjoy getting out there and making a difference face to face with people so when he did not answer in 5 days I guess not.

It was a serious post. Just thought by his posts that he would enjoy getting out there and making a difference face to face with people so when he did not answer in 5 days I guess not.
I know it was.  Most of my rewarding volunteer and community service has been in cities that need it the most.  I'd rather get out in real life to make a difference than complain about it online which changes nothing.

Ramblin Wreck said:
Eric Reid and Malcolm Jenkins fighting before the game.  Can't we all just get along?   :no:
Eric reid really is just a jerk. Now we know why he wasnt getting too much interest. Jenkins handled it like a pro afterwards. Reid doubled down on being, well himself. 

Kaep exposed himself too supporting reids childish antics. These guys are a joke. 

Eric reid really is just a jerk. Now we know why he wasnt getting too much interest. Jenkins handled it like a pro afterwards. Reid doubled down on being, well himself. 

Kaep exposed himself too supporting reids childish antics. These guys are a joke. 
Torrey Smith did a lot to try and diffuse that situation.  Jenkins also handled it about as well as he could.

LOL at Bleacher Report.  And LOL that a guy that's 3-16 in his last 19 starts is better than Bortles.
Really bothers you for some reason to admit that Kaepernick might be better than any NFL starting QB. In this case he clearly would be, IMO. 

Colin Kaepernick was, at worst, a slightly below average NFL QB. At best he was far above average. At best, his SB year, he made his team better. At worst, his last year, he didn’t really make his team better or worse. Bortles on the other hand is making a good team a mediocre team due to insipid play. At Kaepernick’s worst he was nowhere near as bad as Blake Bortles. Sorry if that disturbs your political agenda. 

Really bothers you for some reason to admit that Kaepernick might be better than any NFL starting QB. In this case he clearly would be, IMO. 

Colin Kaepernick was, at worst, a slightly below average NFL QB. At best he was far above average. At best, his SB year, he made his team better. At worst, his last year, he didn’t really make his team better or worse. Bortles on the other hand is making a good team a mediocre team due to insipid play. At Kaepernick’s worst he was nowhere near as bad as Blake Bortles. Sorry if that disturbs your political agenda. 
:lmao:   My political agenda?  Your only existence in this thread is to push your own political agenda.  I have no emotion here.  Kaep was mediocre and so is Bortles.   

I don't even know how to respond to your nonsense that a QB makes his team better when he plays well  and makes his team worse when he plays poorly.  No kidding!

If Kaep comes backs and proves his worth on the field I'll gladly admit that he's good or bad.  But he sucked his last two seasons and shows zero willingness to make himself a better player so it's nonsense to me to say he's clearly better than Bortles, who went to the AFCCG last season.

:lmao:   My political agenda?  Your only existence in this thread is to push your own political agenda.  I have no emotion here.  Kaep was mediocre and so is Bortles.   

I don't even know how to respond to your nonsense that a QB makes his team better when he plays well  and makes his team worse when he plays poorly.  No kidding!

If Kaep comes backs and proves his worth on the field I'll gladly admit that he's good or bad.  But he sucked his last two seasons and shows zero willingness to make himself a better player so it's nonsense to me to say he's clearly better than Bortles, who went to the AFCCG last season.
We’ll never know because he’s not coming back. He’s being blackballed; you know it and I know it. 

I know it was.  Most of my rewarding volunteer and community service has been in cities that need it the most.  I'd rather get out in real life to make a difference than complain about it online which changes nothing.
You and guru have thousands of posts on these boards.  Just think of how much more good you could do in your communities if you were volunteering more and posting less?*

*Not how I really feel, just pointing out how silly this line of thinking is.  Thanks to both you and Guru for your volunteer efforts.  

• Smile
Reactions: rct
We’ll never know because he’s not coming back. He’s being blackballed; you know it and I know it. 
So stop making declarative statements and telling me how I feel.  Every other guy that kneels has a job so I don't believe he's blackballed because of the kneeling.  I believe part of it is because he's mediocre.  And part because he's not dedicated to football.   But I do fully believe if some team thought he could make them a winner he would be signed.

You and guru have thousands of posts on these boards.  Just think of how much more good you could do in your communities if you were volunteering more and posting less?*

*Not how I really feel, just pointing out how silly this line of thinking is.  Thanks to both you and Guru for your volunteer efforts.  
I never said anything about time spent on the board. I don`t care how much time people spend here.

I just asked Squis if he ever did any community work as he seems obsessed with injustice and going out on a morning into the community is more rewarding than just posting about it everyday.

That's one of the worst click bait opinion pieces I've ever read.  Jacksonville has a lot bigger problems than QB.  The last thing they need is the Colin Kaepernick circus coming to town.  Bortles played pretty well the first 4 weeks of the season including a route of the New England Patriots.  QB rating of 91, ten full points above his career average.  Better than 5 out of 6 seasons than Kaep has ever had.  Truth is even if Kaepernick could come back and produce at the top of his career numbers, a big if,  you would be just switching one QB out with another with similar numbers. 

Bortles will start next week, and even if he doesn't why would they go get Kessler in March when Kaep was available.  It's half way through the season.  Nobody is going to be signing Kaep.

Why call out those two?  I don't get what you were trying to accomplish with this post?  I don't want to go so far as to say trolling, but what?

Users who are viewing this thread