What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (4 Viewers)

You know the number one Kaepernick ??? had to embarrass himself once again.  

Shaun King‏Verified account @shaunking

Follow Follow @shaunking

More

Shaun King Retweeted LEFT ?

The 49ers just signed a quarterback that has NEVER been active for a single NFL game. Not one. Was undrafted. And Colin Kaepernick is unemployed. The whole league is a sham.

LEFT ?‏ @LeftSentThis

Follow Follow @LeftSentThis

More

Nick Mullens is just another reminder that Colin Kaepernick is being colluded against by NFL owners for his protest against systemic oppression.
I will bet you 2k that Kaepernick wins his collusion lawsuit.  Even odds.  You fake.

You can support free speech while being nauseated by the results. I mean, come on. Duh.
But why be nauseated by those who want to show support for veterans and country while hero-worshipping those who are disrespecting it.   It seems telling. 

What is disrespectful?
His whole message.   According to Kaep's own words, his reason is to not show respect to a country which oppresses blacks.   It is an anti-police/anti-country message.   Now you can agree with his reason, but he is doing it out of disrespect.  

But why be nauseated by those who want to show support for veterans and country while hero-worshipping those who are disrespecting it.   It seems telling. 
People who are bothered by think it's fake patriotism.  I feel that way sometimes too but I admit that I enjoy some of it during games.  I like when Iowa honors a military person every home game.  I enjoy seeing flyovers.   I still think Nile Kinnick has the greatest Heisman speech ever and love hearing it before the start of every game. 

I have a soft spot for that kind of stuff but I strongly dislike when patriotic people think they are better than others because of their patriotism.  I hate seeing them yell at others for not standing during the anthem and telling people to leave our country if they don't like it.  I use to think "Love it or leave it" was a great saying but now I find it disturbing.  These people are a terrible representation of our country.

They just showed a highlight from before the start of the Steelers-Ravens game, with Ravens players marching out with flags and soldiers to show their patriotism. 

All of these displays of patriotism are kind of nauseating to me. I don’t think you can prove your love of country by waving a big flag around. 
It does not bother me if they wave flags or don`t wave flags as it is their right. If the players feel pride and want to wave a flag and march with soldiers that is their choice.

People need to be more tolerant.

It does not bother me if they wave flags or don`t wave flags as it is their right. If the players feel pride and want to wave a flag and march with soldiers that is their choice.

People need to be more tolerant.
Lol I wasnt arguing it should be illegal. Of course it’s their right. 

They just showed a highlight from before the start of the Steelers-Ravens game, with Ravens players marching out with flags and soldiers to show their patriotism. 

All of these displays of patriotism are kind of nauseating to me. I don’t think you can prove your love of country by waving a big flag around. 
There’s nothing wrong with this. If the NFL and its fans want to show respect for the armed services let them, it’s the same side of the coin as respecting the right of those to not do so. We’ve been at war for 17 years now, I’m sure the vets and those in service appreciate it, it’s a nice gesture.

Does wearing pink cleats or sweatband really do anything for cancer?

Use league safe. 
I don't believe that they can be used as an escrow agent for gambling bets.

And the company name is a misnomer. LeagueSafe is not really safe. The owner of the company admitted in a SP thread that the only thing protecting the funds he holds is his personal guarantee to make it good because (paraphrasing) "My reputation is worth more to me than cheating people out of a few thousand dollars in fantasy leagues." The monies are not held by a third party in an escrow account, which indeed would make them safe.

Does wearing pink cleats or sweatband really do anything for cancer?
I was watching football once and saw all the pink cleats. I was like what are they doing with those girly cleats? So I looked into it and saw they were doing it for cancer. I was all like whoa, what the heck is cancer? So I looked it up and it turns out it is a pretty terrible disease. I started doing all of these 5k runs and charity events. Grew out my hair to donate it, all because the NFL educated and woke me. 

/Said nobody ever

I was watching football once and saw all the pink cleats. I was like what are they doing with those girly cleats? So I looked into it and saw they were doing it for cancer. I was all like whoa, what the heck is cancer? So I looked it up and it turns out it is a pretty terrible disease. I started doing all of these 5k runs and charity events. Grew out my hair to donate it, all because the NFL educated and woke me. 

/Said nobody ever
Same with people blocking traffic

Last edited by a moderator:
sure @cstu.  No way I would trust $5 with you after seeing your bizarre posting habits while drunk.
Yet I will bet you 10k that people on this board will trust me with over 10k.  I have given over 10k in charity on this site.  And if you take my bet your are an instant loser.  Pay me.

Weird but thanks.   Surprised Squis hasn't asked you why you're using an alias again.
HA! GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE ON THE BOARD, RAMBLIN WRECK!  I WILL TOTALLY FORGIVE YOU FOR CALLING ME WEIRD. HERE, IN THE POLITICAL FORUM, WE ARE TOTALLY ACCEPTING OF ALL OPINIONS REGARDLESS OF VALIDITY!  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS SQUIS THING IS ALL ABOUT BUT SOMETIMES FOLKS HAVE TO USE AN ALIAS BECAUSE THEY MADE A BOO BOO AND CROSSED A LINE.  

HA! GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE ON THE BOARD, RAMBLIN WRECK!  I WILL TOTALLY FORGIVE YOU FOR CALLING ME WEIRD. HERE, IN THE POLITICAL FORUM, WE ARE TOTALLY ACCEPTING OF ALL OPINIONS REGARDLESS OF VALIDITY!  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS SQUIS THING IS ALL ABOUT BUT SOMETIMES FOLKS HAVE TO USE AN ALIAS BECAUSE THEY MADE A BOO BOO AND CROSSED A LINE.  
Check your shift..it is stuck on.

You donated a bunch of money to FBGs and then basically lost it all betting on ####coins.  Congrats, I guess.
I have donated 10k plus, I probably helped for people to donate 10k plus more.  

We gambled on crypto which is still happening.

I held thousands of dollars and returned them to winners as I was trusted to do. 

I met many fbgs in real life and paid for a meal and drinks.

Now tell me what you did?

I held thousands of dollars and returned them to winners as I was trusted to do. 

Good for you.  :shrug:

IC FBGCav said:
Yep, I let my actions speak not my faith in something that will absolve me of being a bad person.  GL.
lol I believe in giving quietly and humbly.  It should be done to help, not for one to gain recognition.  

McJose said:
I just don’t get it.  I’ve never been a saint but I just can’t understand having such a callous disregard for other human beings.  
Callous disregard for human beings?

How do you figure?

I don’t get the hype.  Blake freakin Bortles passing stats put his to shame.  Let that sink in. Even this year, getting benched at one point and two of his WRs gone for the year, he is still on pace to throw for more than 500 yards more than Kaep ever threw for.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-was-pat-tillmans-wife-but-i-cant-speak-for-him-neither-can-you/2018/11/08/18374652-d8a0-11e8-83a2-d1c3da28d6b6_story.html?utm_term=.8719e55bf7b8

I was Pat Tillman’s wife, but I can’t speak for him. Neither can you.

I often think about what legacy means, and I’ve learned something important about it in the 14 years since my first husband, Pat Tillman, was killed in Afghanistan. The way all of us live our lives is important to how we are remembered; but when you’re an icon, which Pat became, your legacy has to be guarded. An icon’s life and image enter the public domain, and people often try to co-opt it to suit their own needs.

Since last year, I’ve watched from the background as professional athletes have taken a knee to draw attention to injustice and racial inequality in the United States. Pat was in the military, so many people want to attach a brand of blind allegiance to him and use him to argue that kneeling during the national anthem is unpatriotic. Pat was also against the Iraq War, so many others want to use him to argue against American involvement in overseas wars. His essence is bent to fit an agenda. [...]

I’ve been asked to comment countless times on what Pat would have thought about the National Football League protests, but I’ve always declined. Over the years, I’ve become used to people wanting to know what he would have thought about something in the news, or assign a way of thinking to him based on what they know about who he was at 27. They want to freeze him in time. I find it ironic because Pat was always known as a free thinker who was constantly growing. He was very different when we got together at 16 from who he was at 27, and he would have been different, too, at 42. We should be able to respect his willingness to sacrifice for what he believed in without looking at it through the lens of today’s divisive political climate. So while I still refuse to speak for Pat, I will speak as a widow, a wife, a mother, an American and, yes, a patriot.

I think that patriotism is complex, like Pat himself. It is not blind or unquestioning. And it’s a fool’s errand to argue over who’s allowed to claim sacrifice. Many of the kneeling athletes say they are protesting as American patriots who want the nation to be better than it is. When I look around at the vitriol aimed at them for expressing their beliefs, and at the compulsion to simplify complicated issues to pit people on opposing sides, I want to kneel, too. Because I believe we are at our best as Americans when we engage in constructive dialogue around our differences with the goal of understanding one another. [...]

Pat lived his life with passion and respected this quality in others, once writing that, “to err on the side of passion is human and right and the only way I’ll live.” Pat was also deeply curious, constantly reading to learn more, and always striving to understand why someone felt or acted the way he or she did. After reading Jon Krakauer’s “Under the Banner of Heaven,” for instance, about Mormon fundamentalists, he called a Mormon cousin to engage in a discussion with him. He was always looking to understand views or perspectives different from his own.

I can’t say how Pat would have felt about race in the United States today or kneeling during the national anthem. But I can say that he would have engaged in thoughtful and respectful discourse, never shying away from the nuance, never taking the easy way, and looking, always, for a conversation instead of a fight.

Thank you for doing this, the best post in this thread 

squistion said:
But I can say that he would have engaged in thoughtful and respectful discourse, never shying away from the nuance, never taking the easy way, and looking, always, for a conversation instead of a fight.
I don't have a problem with Kaepernick or any other player fighting the fight. I don't get to determine how they feel, and they don't get to determine how I feel. 

I believe that Kaepernick not being allowed to play has done more for awareness than if he was a mediocre player in the NFL. Eric Reid is example A. Kneeling has run its course. As mentioned above, always look for the conversation instead of the fight. 

I doubt it, I don't think they have cared much about blacks being shot by police in the past. And Antifa members have all looked pretty much lily white from the protests (seeing what little of their skin is visible in their black hoods and attire). This is probably a BLM offshoot that the tweeter characterized as anarchist for the destruction of property.

Users who are viewing this thread