What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (4 Viewers)

Link to me claiming I'm right and you're wrong?  I don't think a settlement proves anything other than this was about getting a pay day more than being on a roster.  You, Tim and others are making definitive claims about who was right and wrong.  
So you don't think you were wrong in what you argued with me and mocked me for in the last 200 pages?

Okie Dokie Pokie (just an expression, not calling you Pokie). There is nothing more to be said if you contend that the settlement today proved you right all along and I have been wrong. I will not continue to argue with your revisionist history. People can review the thread for confirmation of your claims.

So you don't think you were wrong in what you argued with me and mocked me for in the last 200 pages?

Okie Dokie Pokie (just an expression, not calling you Pokie). There is nothing more to be said if you contend that the settlement today proved you right all along and I have been wrong. I will not continue to argue with your revisionist history. People can review the thread for confirmation of your claims.
:lmao:  at mocking you for 200 pages.  Give me a break with that nonsense.  It's embarrassing you take criticisms and truthful statements about Kaepernick personally like they are about you.  

And you're right people can read this thread if they want and see post after post after post after post of you trolling things.   If you think you won something tonight then go ahead and celebrate instead of spending your Friday night on the internet begging for an apology you don't deserve.  Again, link me up some collusion and I'll admit I was wrong as I did claim there wasn't evidence of collusion against the NFL.

Love all the people saying he didn’t have a case and he’s a loser and he sucks now saying he did this all for the money. :lmao:  It’s beautiful. 

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:  at mocking you for 200 pages.  Give me a break with that nonsense.  It's embarrassing you take criticisms and truthful statements about Kaepernick personally like they are about you.  

And you're right people can read this thread if they want and see post after post after post after post of you trolling things.   If you think you won something tonight then go ahead and celebrate instead of spending your Friday night on the internet begging for an apology you don't deserve.  Again, link me up some collusion and I'll admit I was wrong as I did claim there wasn't evidence of collusion against the NFL.
This is so disingenuous. There was nothing made public in the pre-grievance hearing process, so it is impossible to link to any evidence that was presented by Kaep's lawyers in the depositions or that had been found in discovery. The NFL guaranteed by the NDA, that any evidence will never see the light of day, so it can't be provided and you know that.

This is so disingenuous. There was nothing made public in the pre-grievance hearing, so it is impossible to link to any evidence that was presented by Kaep's lawyers in the depositions or that had been found in discovery. The NFL guaranteed by the NDA, that any evidence will never see the light of day, so it can't be provided and you know that.
The NDA is mutual.  Both sides guaranteed it.

This is so disingenuous. There was nothing made public in the pre-grievance hearing, so it is impossible to link to any evidence that was presented by Kaep's lawyers in the depositions or that had been found in discovery. The NFL guaranteed by the NDA, that any evidence will never see the light of day, so it can't be provided and you know that.
No, it's not disingenuous.  You can't prove collusion occurred.  I can't prove it did not occur nor am I trying to prove it.  The onus is you to prove it existed especially after you claimed numerous times it did.  Companies settle lawsuits all the time to save legal costs, help with PR, and other reasons.  Sometimes they settle because they are guilty too.   I'm not telling you what to believe here but you and Tim can shove an apology until you have some proof and stop telling me how I should interpret a settlement.   And you wonder why people laugh at your nonsense.

No, it's not disingenuous.  You can't prove collusion occurred.  I can't prove it did not occur nor am I trying to prove it.  The onus is you to prove it existed especially after you claimed numerous times it did.  Companies settle lawsuits all the time to save legal costs, help with PR, and other reasons.  Sometimes they settle because they are guilty too.   I'm not telling you what to believe here but you and Tim can shove an apology until you have some proof and stop telling me how I should interpret a settlement.   And you wonder why people laugh at your nonsense.
Because the NFL paid big bucks to suppress all the evidence with the NDA. Jeez Louise.

That's your problem not mine.  But the fact remains no collusion was proven.  You can't argue that (though I'm sure you're going to try)
True, the NFL must have paid Kaep multi-millions in hush money just for fun if it because he hadn't proven anything. And if you believe that I got some ocean front property in Arizona I would like to sell you.

No, but I'm glad you brought that one up. The settlement with a NDA lets the NFL avoid any trial by public opinion when found not guilty like OJ.  Huge win for them. 
I’m not saying the NFL is guilty, just pointing out that not every civil suit is all about the money as all the anti-Kaepers keep repeating

Don't care about answers, donate more money if all that worried about it.

What did the guy think was going to happen once he decided to ...the hell with this I;m taking a knee.
For people like you there is no amount he could donate that would be enough. You’d just keep moving the goalposts. 

We have no idea what the amount is.
True, but considering what Kaep would have gotten in estimated lost QB pay in arbitration, I trust the estimates as to what it cost the NFL to make this go away now, as even if Kaep lost what had been uncovered in discovery and under deposition could have been devastating, plus if he had won, the CBA probably would have been voided costing much more to the NFL than the estimated $60-80 million.

Rumored to be an $80m settlement. It would essentially boil down to $2.5m per owner ($5m if each player got $80m). Average franchise value is $2.57b... essentially this is 3-6% per team.

NFL Owners tonight:  :sleep:

For people like you there is no amount he could donate that would be enough. You’d just keep moving the goalposts. 
People like me expect a man to realize those people n the stands paid big $$$$$$ and want a nice relaxing time at the football game, they don't need some guy disrupting a good time.

How long would you last at your job doing that?

Nobody cares why the kneel it was the timing of it. Did he really not get ya don't pull that during our Anthem? Oh hell yes that will really help the cause, hell, that was totally stupid.

Look at all that explaining he had to do because he went about it all wrong.

I’m not saying the NFL is guilty, just pointing out that not every civil suit is all about the money as all the anti-Kaepers keep repeating
Thumbs up. And I'm not saying the NFL isn't guilty, just pointing out the NFL has other legitimate reason to settle that seem to be completely lost on quite a few people in here.  

True, but considering what Kaep would have gotten in estimated lost QB pay in arbitration, I trust the estimates as to what it cost the NFL to make this go away now, as even if Kaep lost what had been uncovered in discovery and under deposition could have been devastating, plus if he had won, the CBA probably would have been voided costing much more to the NFL than the estimated $60-80 million.
We don’t have an estimation of the settlement amount.  There’s a confidentiality agreement. 

We don’t have an estimation of the settlement amount.  There’s a confidentiality agreement. 
https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Article/Colin-Kaepernick-collusion-case-settlement-amount-NFL-129142821/

That being said, there are multiple figures around the NFL that have a rough estimate of how much money Kaepernick actually received in this settlement. According to Mike Freeman of Bleacher/Report, NFL team officials are speculating that the former 49ers quarterback was paid in the range of $60 to $80 million. He continued to say that it wasn't an official figure, but all of the speculation voiced by the NFL higher-ups agreed on this range.

Thumbs up. And I'm not saying the NFL isn't guilty, just pointing out the NFL has other legitimate reason to settle that seem to be completely lost on quite a few people in here.  
I assure you, it’s not lost on me. One of my clients was in a major car accident, other party was 100% at fault, but the passenger in the other car died. The deceased person’s family ended up suing my client and the insurance company settled on an amount that actually hit her umbrella policy (which I advised her she should have) for $150k. Boggles my mind that the insurance company settled for an amount that large, but they knew the driver of the car at fault was a deadbeat and they probably wouldn’t be able to recoup any of the legal costs. 

It was about money for both sides.

Kaepernick wanted to recover the money he would have earned if he hadn't been cut.

The NFL wanted to retain the money that they would have lost if the CBA had been voided.

So, the NFL ended up paying $80 million to avoid losing potentially billions. Maybe they consider that to be a good deal, but it's still a disaster. They could have convinced the Cardinals or some other loser team to sign him to the veteran's minimum and then cut him after a year, and they would have saved themselves $75 million.
The chances of him proving everything that was needed to void the CBA was slim to none. If he has that kind of evidence he’s not settling, ever. 

Like I said above, he got ‘go away’ money and that’s what he wanted. 

https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Article/Colin-Kaepernick-collusion-case-settlement-amount-NFL-129142821/

That being said, there are multiple figures around the NFL that have a rough estimate of how much money Kaepernick actually received in this settlement. According to Mike Freeman of Bleacher/Report, NFL team officials are speculating that the former 49ers quarterback was paid in the range of $60 to $80 million. He continued to say that it wasn't an official figure, but all of the speculation voiced by the NFL higher-ups agreed on this range.
Right.  One guy at Bleacher Report gathered up all of the speculation and teeeted out a range.  Really reliable.

We have no idea what the number is.  There’s an NDA.

Right.  One guy at Bleacher Report gathered up all of the speculation and teeeted out a range.  Really reliable.

We have no idea what the number is.  There’s an NDA.
It is not just one guy at Bleacher saying this. That has been a consistent range I have seen from other links discussing this.

It is not just one guy at Bleacher saying this. That has been a consistent range I have seen from other links discussing this.
Could you please share them? Not doubting you, just wondering if they mostly stem from Mike Freeman's report. As a side note, apparently Freeman made the news cycle many years back for lying about his credentials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/2004/01/10/puffed-up-resume-costs-sportswriter-a-new-job/614e71c1-4e6a-40a7-9d2e-dbc1750d69fc/

I assure you, it’s not lost on me. One of my clients was in a major car accident, other party was 100% at fault, but the passenger in the other car died. The deceased person’s family ended up suing my client and the insurance company settled on an amount that actually hit her umbrella policy (which I advised her she should have) for $150k. Boggles my mind that the insurance company settled for an amount that large, but they knew the driver of the car at fault was a deadbeat and they probably wouldn’t be able to recoup any of the legal costs. 
So it was all about the money!  Just kidding.  It's my opinion Keap gave up a lot more in the NDA and the amount of money while large to normal people is meaningless to the NFL. Therefore victory to the NFL. And they got it done in the off season so it's not talked about all next year. That alone pays for itself. 

Could you please share them? Not doubting you, just wondering if they mostly stem from Mike Freeman's report. As a side note, apparently Freeman made the news cycle many years back for lying about his credentials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/2004/01/10/puffed-up-resume-costs-sportswriter-a-new-job/614e71c1-4e6a-40a7-9d2e-dbc1750d69fc/
I just recall seeing this from multiple sources, and I don't recall them all quoting Mike Freeman, although that could be possible. It seems a reasonable figure given what Kaep would have gotten in damages for estimated lost QB pay given that the amount would be calculated by an arbitrator, who has a duty to reach a fair settlement for both sides. It stands to reason it would take an outrageous sum of that amount to buy Kaep's silence, and make him go away and never ever discuss this again.

It was about money for both sides.

Kaepernick wanted to recover the money he would have earned if he hadn't been cut.

The NFL wanted to retain the money that they would have lost if the CBA had been voided.

So, the NFL ended up paying $80 million to avoid losing potentially billions. Maybe they consider that to be a good deal, but it's still a disaster. They could have convinced the Cardinals or some other loser team to sign him to the veteran's minimum and then cut him after a year, and they would have saved themselves $75 million.
The chances of him proving everything that was needed to void the CBA was slim to none. If he has that kind of evidence he’s not settling, ever. 

If he got $80M, then it was way more than "going away" money. He wouldn't have earned that much from the 49ers contract that he voided.

I don't think either one of us knows for sure if his chances of winning were slim or not. But the owners obviously decided that they were willing to spend $80M to not find out.

I think the main thing that he wanted was the money that he would have earned if he hadn't been cut. He got that and much more.

Trying to spin that as a bad thing is weird. He's not suing the NFL over black lives matter. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread