What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (3 Viewers)

Da Guru said:
Jay-Z says time to move on.

" We've moved past kneeling. I think it's time to go into actionable items," Jay responded. "I don't want people to stop protesting at all. I support protests across the board. We need to bring light to the issue and I think everyone knows what the issue is now. So we're done with that."

"We forget that Colin's whole thing was to bring attention to social injustice. In that case, it was a success. Now it is time for the next phase," he explained. "There [are] two parts of protesting. You go outside and you protest, and then the individual says, 'I hear you. What do we do next?'"

Jay continued, "For me, it's like an action,  what are we gonna do with it? Everyone heard, we hear what you're saying, and everybody knows I agree with what you're saying . So what are we gonna do? You know what I'm saying? Help millions of people, or worry that Colin does not have a job?"

The "Mood 4 Eva" rapper's words didn't sit too well for a lot of people including Kaepernick's girlfriend and television host Nessa Diab, sports journalist Jemele Hill, Kaepernick's former teammate Eric Reid, who continues to kneel during NFL games, to name a few.

"The N.F.L. has a great big platform, and it has to be all-inclusive," Jay told the NYT. "They were willing to do some things, to make some changes, so that we can do some good."
Maybe Jay can give this some direction as he's correct it's time for a next phase. 

Maybe Jay can give this some direction as he's correct it's time for a next phase. 
Jay-Z began with fast Digital Underground style rap and then began rapping about money and hustling and is still all about money and hustling, though he pays lip service to the political. "I'm like Che Guevara with bling on, I'm complex."

Speak For Yourself

@SFY

·

2h

Darnell’s Question of the Day: Would it be smart for the NFL to give Kaepernick another chance?

@Darnell_Smith95

"I don’t think his goal is really playing football… I think the real goal here is just to dirty up the name of the NFL." —

@WhitlockJason
I agree with that Colin doesn't seem interested in the league in playing. He made that perfectly clear when he sued them. I talked to a co workers son who is an assistant on the Eagles on the CK topic brought it up causally. From my understanding no one in the NFL offices is even considering him 1 second. Eagles won't as they refuse to let him in their building after he tried to dirty MalColm Jenkins name (Remember I said Jenkins could've countered sued him with the evidence against him he had) and they respect the dude so much. The Eagles are all for reclamation projects but talking to former teammates of his and coaches the Eagles did it seems CK has very little interest in really playing. 

Josh McCown was apparently one of the teams emergency options. Doug Pederson and company talked to McCown before taking the booth job and said he'd be interested if the opportunity arouse. The team also thought Josh could be a good leader for Wentz to learn a thing or too from. 

Another reason the Eagles didn't look into CK was the whole Eric Reid issue as well. Other issues is Colin isn't part of the Union so his likeness or anything associated with him cannot be used in promo material or licensing (for example Colin Kaepernick if signed to a team no NFLPA rep won't be in Madden Game or his jersey sold at team store). I've heard DeMarcus Smith and the Player president reps of each team are furious with Colin for throwing them under the bus there's no way they'd let him back in. In other words Colin has mad enemies at this point from employers to other players in the league. Theres tase who support his cause but many won't flat out reprimand him as they feel doing so shows division within the cause of social justice despite many at this point feel Colin was never 100% behind the cause. 

Surely, I just meant it's good to keep perspective on things. Not you- but I know people who get really worked up over things like a person kneeling at the Pan Am games or whatever. I think that's really overreacting to something pretty harmless.
But but Fox and President Trump told me I should be upset over these things......

Jay-Z says time to move on.

" We've moved past kneeling. I think it's time to go into actionable items," Jay responded. "I don't want people to stop protesting at all. I support protests across the board. We need to bring light to the issue and I think everyone knows what the issue is now. So we're done with that."

"We forget that Colin's whole thing was to bring attention to social injustice. In that case, it was a success. Now it is time for the next phase," he explained. "There [are] two parts of protesting. You go outside and you protest, and then the individual says, 'I hear you. What do we do next?'"

Jay continued, "For me, it's like an action,  what are we gonna do with it? Everyone heard, we hear what you're saying, and everybody knows I agree with what you're saying . So what are we gonna do? You know what I'm saying? Help millions of people, or worry that Colin does not have a job?"

The "Mood 4 Eva" rapper's words didn't sit too well for a lot of people including Kaepernick's girlfriend and television host Nessa Diab, sports journalist Jemele Hill, Kaepernick's former teammate Eric Reid, who continues to kneel during NFL games, to name a few.

"The N.F.L. has a great big platform, and it has to be all-inclusive," Jay told the NYT. "They were willing to do some things, to make some changes, so that we can do some good."
Jay Z's comments have apparently not sat well with a lot of Players. Kenny Stills reamed Jay Z saying he was piggy backing off of the players. Jay Z I feel is just piggybacking off of this as he saw a way to earn more income and thats just as bad as anything else. I've seen quite a few people refer to Jay Z on social media as an "Uncle Tom" and other traitor like names. Saying he's always been a fraud and jumps in only when theres an opportunity for money. Most in the black community who go through the day to day BS they have to fight Social Justice wise think he's a Hollywood elitist at this point. His wife and him are always looking for ways to make money. 

I have a customer who runs events for people (Kind of like an event planner for entertainment) done things from Political conventions to comics to different musical acts. One of the talents he had was Jay Z's wife Beyounce. Lets just say he said she's the biggest fraud he ever met. What you see on TV is nothing how she acts. SHe's a ##### to everyone thinks she's better then you etc etc. I believe it as I have a friend who does producing and got a somewhat famous in the indie scene and collaborated with Philly Rapper Meek Mill. Heard similar stories about Beyounce from him. Puts on an act on TV but behind the scenes thinks she's better than you. Saw a documentary where she lambasted an intern so badly for getting her the wrong coffee and had the intern in tears ready to quiet. No apology to the intern. Basically told her this is why she'll never be successful in life as her. 

The couple is the biggest bunch of frauds ever. Glad the players see through what Jay Z Is doing here 

Jay Z as usual is only looking for a future payday. His Rocknation is now the partner of who gets to do the Super Bowl Halftime show. Anyone want to bet on how many of the acts he gets for this are from his own record company? It's conflicting interests here. Anyone who's followed Jay Z and his wife's careers and aren't blinded see right through what he's doing. He doesn't give a flying #### about the kneeling. He's part of the Hollywood elite who thinks getting involved makes him one of the cool kids

Jay Z as usual is only looking for a future payday. His Rocknation is now the partner of who gets to do the Super Bowl Halftime show. Anyone want to bet on how many of the acts he gets for this are from his own record company? It's conflicting interests here. Anyone who's followed Jay Z and his wife's careers and aren't blinded see right through what he's doing. He doesn't give a flying #### about the kneeling. He's part of the Hollywood elite who thinks getting involved makes him one of the cool kids
Everybody is looking for a payday and cash.  Kappy and Reid quietly took checks from the NFL.  Neither one of them tweeted much about that.  Jay Z is a very successful business man and can have much more impact than any single player just kneeling.   

Everybody is looking for a payday and cash.  Kappy and Reid quietly took checks from the NFL.  Neither one of them tweeted much about that.  Jay Z is a very successful business man and can have much more impact than any single player just kneeling.   
Jay Z doesn't care about social justice. I know people who work in the music industry and him and his wife use these issues for fluff and make more money. It makes them look good. It's like the rich person who gives charity but its only for the tax write off

Jay Z doesn't care about social justice. I know people who work in the music industry and him and his wife use these issues for fluff and make more money. It makes them look good. It's like the rich person who gives charity but its only for the tax write off
I agree It makes anyone look good , but Jay-Z is a capitalist not an activist. That being said now with his platform and seat at the main table he can impact way more people than just a single player kneeling for the NA.  Like he said it was good at the start but now it is time for actual action whatever that may be.   Because nothing has changed in the streets where it matters.

truth

I agree It makes anyone look good , but Jay-Z is a capitalist not an activist. That being said now with his platform and seat at the main table he can impact way more people than just a single player kneeling for the NA.  Like he said it was good at the start but now it is time for actual action whatever that may be.   Because nothing has changed in the streets where it matters.
Jay Z is interested in NFL ownership that it. He doesn't care about the players kneeling or making changes to help issues. That's my point. 

Miami Dolphins owner removed from NFL committee focused on social justice, report says.

"Appearing on a video on Sports Illustrated released Tuesday, former NFL defensive lineman Chris Long announced that Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross had agreed to step down from the league’s Working Group Committee, which is comprised of players and owners and focuses on various social justice issues facing the league."

Chris Long on twitter:   ”We’ve worked with a number of owners who lean conservative and have even supported Trump in the past. However (and I have no idea why I’m explaining this because you’ll never concede the point)....  He held a fundraiser for a guy who called protesting players “sons of #####es” + campaigned for them to lose jobs. The working group is directly involved. You can see how that’s a conflict of interest that transcends politics. I respect SR’s work with RISE. Don’t get it? Can’t help.”

There's more: "Meanwhile, in an eyebrow raising move, Dolphins coach Brian Flores opened practice Tuesday with songs by an artist who was criticized by one his players this week for his handling of a race-related issue with the NFL.  During the 30 minutes that the media is permitted to watch practice, the Dolphins played eight consecutive songs by Jay-Z, a day after receiver Kenny Stills criticized Jay-Z for his approach in his new role with the NFL."

Miami Dolphins owner removed from NFL committee focused on social justice, report says.

"Appearing on a video on Sports Illustrated released Tuesday, former NFL defensive lineman Chris Long announced that Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross had agreed to step down from the league’s Working Group Committee, which is comprised of players and owners and focuses on various social justice issues facing the league."

Chris Long on twitter:   ”We’ve worked with a number of owners who lean conservative and have even supported Trump in the past. However (and I have no idea why I’m explaining this because you’ll never concede the point)....  He held a fundraiser for a guy who called protesting players “sons of #####es” + campaigned for them to lose jobs. The working group is directly involved. You can see how that’s a conflict of interest that transcends politics. I respect SR’s work with RISE. Don’t get it? Can’t help.”

There's more: "Meanwhile, in an eyebrow raising move, Dolphins coach Brian Flores opened practice Tuesday with songs by an artist who was criticized by one his players this week for his handling of a race-related issue with the NFL.  During the 30 minutes that the media is permitted to watch practice, the Dolphins played eight consecutive songs by Jay-Z, a day after receiver Kenny Stills criticized Jay-Z for his approach in his new role with the NFL."
I enjoy Jay-Zs music and am pretty sure most of the NFL players do as well.  Don`t see anything odd at all playing his music as now he is trying to be part of the solution and is actually part of the NFL now with ability to help.  Jay-Z said he wants to actually see some action and help people. As he stated 1-2 players kneeling really does not help anybody.  So lets at least give him a chance and some time to see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy Jay-Zs music and am pretty sure most of the NFL players do as well.  Don`t see anything odd at all playing his music as now he is trying to be part of the solution and is actually part of the NFL now with ability to help.  Jay-Z said he wants to actually see some action and help people. As he stated 1-2 players kneeling really does not help anybody.  So lets at least give him a chance and some time to see what happens.
Actually he doesn't care he's just looking to make money. Its like the rich people who donate to charities makes them look great but it's an awesome tax write off. Jay Z doesn't care about the social justice issues. I know people in the music business including a friend who collaborated with Meek Mill and worked with Jay Z in the past. Jay Z is a fraud. Both him and his wife are nothing more than themselves. They are selfish. Jay Z is saying all the right things but all he's doing is blowing smoke up people's asses. He's just saying stuff that the people he knows he's trying to scam want to hear. 

Ross is a complete tool. This guy wanted to keep the Charges in SD for the soul reason for the fact he had Real estate in the area that with the Chargers gone would devalue 

DJackson10 said:
Actually he doesn't care he's just looking to make money. Its like the rich people who donate to charities makes them look great but it's an awesome tax write off. Jay Z doesn't care about the social justice issues. I know people in the music business including a friend who collaborated with Meek Mill and worked with Jay Z in the past. Jay Z is a fraud. Both him and his wife are nothing more than themselves. They are selfish. Jay Z is saying all the right things but all he's doing is blowing smoke up people's asses. He's just saying stuff that the people he knows he's trying to scam want to hear. 
You do know than many people think CK is a fraud as well right?  Hey if both can make money of this thing more power to them. 

You do know than many people think CK is a fraud as well right?  Hey if both can make money of this thing more power to them. 
I do I'm one of them. I don't think it was ever genuine and his butt Buddy Eric Reid's actions over the last year prove that. CK was just trying to save a dying career. 

Coach Flores supports the protests by CK, Stills and others. I'm liking him more everyday.

"Quite honestly, they’re bringing attention to my story, so let’s talk about that,” Flores said. “I’m the son of immigrants, I’m black, I grew up poor. I grew up in New York during the stop and frisk era, so I’ve been stopped because I fit a description before. So everything these guys protest, I’ve lived it, I’ve experienced it. I applaud those guys who protest. Whether it’s [Colin] Kaepernick or Eric Reid or Kenny, I applaud those guys.”

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/forum/2-the-shark-pool-nfl-talk/

Sheriff Bart said:
Children of US troops born overseas will no longer get automatic American citizenship, Trump administration says

I look forward to seeing all of the people that lost their minds over a football player kneeling during the anthem because "it was disrespectful to the troops" storm DC over this. 

Unless, it wasn't about disrespecting the troops? 
It wasn't and never has been. It was, and still is, 100% about not liking colored people protesting any damn thing.

Children of US troops born overseas will no longer get automatic American citizenship, Trump administration says

I look forward to seeing all of the people that lost their minds over a football player kneeling during the anthem because "it was disrespectful to the troops" storm DC over this. 

Unless, it wasn't about disrespecting the troops? 
Never was. Like Hitler Trump uses the feelings the big feelings of his supporters to draw outrage. What are the key issues you go after? In both cases of Trump/Hitler: Nationalism/Patriotism, economy (Blame someone else), use religion to your advantage, blame a certain race/religion/ethnicity for the countries issues. 

Trumps issues with the NFL go back over 3 decades of him trying and unsuccessfully owning an NFL team. The tactics he's used and comments he's made about the NFL any moral person in congress would've been up in arms and putting in impeachment papers because it's an abuse of government power for personal gain. 

So the more and more Jay Z is in the news it sounds like theres more of a divide between blacks who supported Kaepernick or the protests. Theres the side that believes Jay Z is doing the right thing and then the side who believes Jay Z is only doing this for money and couldn't give a dam about the actual Social Justice. NFL players are taking the latter side of this too. Given that I have some friends in the music industry who either know people who have associated with Jay Z and his wife or have had personal dealings with them I'm going with the later. The Jay Z you see in news stories and on camera is an absolute fraud. The real Jay Z and beyounce are scum of the earth who only care about themselves and their brand. The real Jay Z looks down upon any Blackman who he can't make money off of and acts like a total elitist. I cannot wait till the day comes when these two are shown for the frauds they are and for pulling the wool over so many people's eyes. It may not come this or next year but it is coming. 

Given that I follow MLS I think the MLS policy is absolute Bull####. Portland and Seattle are huge rivals and a few weeks ago both put up political signs in protest of the policy and calling for equality. What was MLS going to do? Throw everyone out of the stadium. Soccer has always been a way for supporters to protest issues. Many clubs in Europe over the years have done so to protest racism, Facism, and other issues over the yrs in their countries. 

Bitter rival supporters protest in Unity over MLS policy

Given that I follow MLS I think the MLS policy is absolute Bull####. Portland and Seattle are huge rivals and a few weeks ago both put up political signs in protest of the policy and calling for equality. What was MLS going to do? Throw everyone out of the stadium. Soccer has always been a way for supporters to protest issues. Many clubs in Europe over the years have done so to protest racism, Facism, and other issues over the yrs in their countries. 

Bitter rival supporters protest in Unity over MLS policy
That's a political group. The problem here is the flag isn't racist. It's an American flag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back.  What thread did you get the vacation from?
Was gone Aug 2 thru Aug 25, looks like he got three weeks although it's impossible to tell which post it was for the obvious reasons.  Been sparse since he came back, kind of proud of him for that. 

Should the NFL fine Brown the racist? 
For calling Mayock a cracker? When was the last time the NFL fined anyone for a racial slur? It has been years. And it is not officially acknowledged that he said that to Mayock (reported by anonymous sources).

Anyway, that still has nothing to do with Kaep and the anthem kneeling protests.

For calling Mayock a cracker? When was the last time the NFL fined anyone for a racial slur? It has been years. And it is not officially acknowledged that he said that to Mayock (reported by anonymous sources).

Anyway, that still has nothing to do with Kaep and the anthem kneeling protests.
Oh i thought they were about racism. 

tonydead said:
Was gone Aug 2 thru Aug 25, looks like he got three weeks although it's impossible to tell which post it was for the obvious reasons.  Been sparse since he came back, kind of proud of him for that. 
Squis is smart and knows he has to lay low for awhile. Believe me I know if he gets popped again right away it will be longer.  More time between infractions will lessen the vacation time.

Was getting gas today and a guy pulled up at the pump near me with a t-shirt with an American flag on it that said "I don't kneel".

@squistion  .  Zero Kaep news, ship has sailed. Time to change the thread title. Did anyone kneel week 1?  

The bigger picture takeaway is that Antonio Brown just proves that there will be NFL teams that will put up with any kind of drama as long as you are good enough on the field, which I believe has been the point many of us have been making all along, and this just proves it.  
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread