What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (5 Viewers)

1 Yes, Matt Schaub is Matt Ryan's back up in Atlanta

2. Tiki and Tierney did a poll yesterday on whether people want to see Kaepernick in the NFL again. 54% said no. What owner signs up to alienate more than half the fan base? 

2. Tiki and Tierney did a poll yesterday on whether people want to see Kaepernick in the NFL again. 54% said no. What owner signs up to alienate more than half the fan base? 
With todays 24 hours new cycle in another year 54% will say who??  Many people now already hardly remember when he was relevant as a player.  Last good year Matt Forte, Pierre Thomas, Maurice Drew, Garcon, Boldin were still stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably true, though the media and activists will remind them. Just reinforcing the point that owners don't need other owners to figure out it may not be a good business decision.

That was a voluntary on-line poll, no? If so, then it is of dubious validity as it only reflects the opinions of their limited audience of viewers and can't be extrapolated to what the actual fan base of any individual team or what NFL fans in general think.

That was on a voluntary on-line poll, no? If so, then it is of dubious validity as it only reflects the opinions of their limited audience of viewers and can't be extrapolated to what the actual fan base of any individual team or NFL fans in general think.
Really does not matter what any fan wants or thinks.  If a team thinks the good outweighs the bad he will be signed, if not he will not be signed.  In fact with all the injuries this year right now will probably be his last chance to get back in the league.  If it does not happen this year it will never happen.

Fair point about extrapolating. Though it does suggest there may be more passion on the no side than the yes side. And it probably does vary by fan base, reflecting different geographies.

Really does not matter what any fan wants or thinks.  If a team thinks the good outweighs the bad he will be signed, if not he will not be signed.  In fact with all the injuries this year right now will probably be his last chance to get back in the league.  If it does not happen this year it will never happen.
That is not always true. The owner of the Ravens was considering Kaep in 2017 and crowd sourced the fans asking their opinion. And negative Cuban fan reaction in Miami nixed his chances there. It does go into the mix and might determine if the good (like maybe winning some games) outweighs what would be IMO a short term negative reaction and controversy. I don't think going on 3 years that it would still be that big a deal (see Kenny Stills who was traded to Houston without incident).

That is not always true. The owner of the Ravens was considering Kaep in 2017 and crowd sourced the fans asking their opinion. And negative Cuban fan reaction in Miami nixed his chances there. It does go into the mix and might determine if the good (like maybe winning some games) outweighs what would be IMO a short term negative reaction and controversy. I don't think going on 3 years that it would still be that big a deal (see Kenny Stills who was traded to Houston without incident).
Pretty sure his not very intelligent girlfriend calling the owner a racist  is why he didn't become a Raven.   But keep on doubling down with all the false narratives this thread never disappoints

Pretty sure his not very intelligent girlfriend calling the owner a racist  is why he didn't become a Raven.   But keep on doubling down with all the false narratives this thread never disappoints
The false narrative was by Ray Lewis claiming that Nessa was to blame -  Deadspin and Phil Simms found this account ridiculous and hard to believe. And it must be noted that to this day, no one has ever gone on the record and confirmed that what Lewis said was true. 

Who is he? A #2 or 3 WR will not be covered by the media. So there is no circus as nobody ever even mentions Stills unless he scores a TD.

The false narrative was by Ray Lewis claiming that Nessa was to blame -  Deadspin and Phil Simms found this account ridiculous and hard to believe. And it must be noted that to this day, no one has ever gone on the record and confirmed that what Lewis said was true. 
I have no idea if the tweet played a role, but just because Deadspin and Simms decided, without any evidence  it is silly ( I looked up the reporting)doesn't mean anything. And, of course no one in the organization is going to confirm that.

I have no idea if the tweet played a role, but just because Deadspin and Simms decided, without any evidence  it is silly ( I looked up the reporting)doesn't mean anything. And, of course no one in the organization is going to confirm that.
I am sure there are those who were with the team in 2017 (either as a player or in the organization) that no longer are, yet no one has come forward in two years to confirm what Lewis said was true. I believe that Dead Spin and Simms found it lacking in credibility that any owner would care about what a player's girlfriend (who he would have no control over) had to say on Twitter or Facebook. Also, Lewis may have been putting some spin out at the direction of the Raven's team to make it appear that this was the reason he was not signed, rather than being part of blackballing Kaep for his kneeling protest.

Harbaugh had the chance to deny it and instead claimed ignorance. Do you think he was kept in the dark?If you think others knew, wouldn't he be one of them?

Harbaugh had the chance to deny it and instead claimed ignorance. Do you think he was kept in the dark?If you think others knew, wouldn't he be one of them?
He also had a chance to confirm it and claimed ignorance (if you want to look at it that way too). He is still the HC of this team and any response outside of that he was unaware of what happened could get him in trouble. He is in a lose/lose situation.

If he says that Nessa's tweets weren't the reason, then it adds to the collusion/blackballing narrative.

If he says they were the reason (but the truth is they weren't) then he could later be contradicted by someone going on the record in the future saying that this was just a story cooked up Raven's management to hide the fact that they didn't want to sign Kaep because of the anthem protests.

Also if he says, "Yes, it was Nessa's tweets" (assuming that is true) then ownership and management will be asked to confirm or deny what he said, which puts them in a sticky situation - I doubt they would want to admit publically what any player's girlfriend says on social media influences roster decisions.

Yes! That's why lack of confirmation is not evidence. Just like the opinions of Deadspin/Simms is not evidence.

Look, I don't know if he's your BIL or something, but you clearly have very strong feelings on him and I will leave them be.

Speak For Yourself

@SFY

·

43m

Before We Go: The NFL will do more to advance black men than all the Colin Kaepernick supporters [Capernicks] combined. —

@WhitlockJason

Speak For Yourself

@SFY

·

23h

@MarcellusWiley

lists the reasons why the Kap story won’t go away: 1. He has become polarizing 2. He speaks for a lot of different camps (black and disenfranchised, people of color who are voiceless and powerless, mixed race people with identity balances, etc.)

Speak For Yourself

@SFY

·

Sep 18

@WhitlockJason

explains why Kaepernick isn't on an NFL team "Think of being a head coach… If you take on the Kap situation and decide he’s not good enough you’re now going to be labeled as racist… It's not worth the risk."

Dan Lambskin said:
He signed yet?
That isn't any funnier than the other times you asked the same lame question that you already knew the answer too, although you did finally get the punctuation right with no space between "yet" and the question mark. 

Dan Lambskin replied to squistion's topic in The Politics Forum

Did he get signed yet ?

June 26, 2019

He get signed yet ?

April 22, 2018

He get signed yet ?

February 15, 2018

he get signed yet ?

November 14, 2017

He get signed yet ?

November 8, 2017

Is it me or is this thread more repetitive than Groundhog Day?  The same things on this page are on 100 different pages. 

It is such a :tfp:    that it is fun!

That isn't any funnier than the other times you asked the same lame question that you already knew the answer too, although you did finally get the punctuation right with no space between "yet" and the question mark.
A guy who has repeated himself multiple times over in this thread posting about a guy repeating himself, oh the irony.

Is it me or is this thread more repetitive than Groundhog Day?  The same things on this page are on 100 different pages. 

It is such a :tfp:    that it is fun!
As Jethro says, no way it could slow down. 

Just seems to be a lot of thread activity for a guy who hasn’t done anything in 3 years

From Mike Silver, former Sport Illustrated writer:

Reminder:

The Patriots gave Antonio Brown a chance. No team has given Colin Kaepernick a chance for three seasons. Not a workout... not an offer...

Reminder:

The Patriots gave Antonio Brown a chance. No team has given Colin Kaepernick a chance for three seasons. Not a workout... not an offer...
LMAO...comparing Antonio Brown and what he did in the NFL to Colin is beyond laughable.

Reminder:

Appreciate the reminder.  For the 1500th time.   You can post this again next week and the next week and the next week.  Terrible QBs that cause distractions usually aren't rostered

Appreciate the reminder.  For the 1500th time.   You can post this again next week and the next week and the next week.  Terrible QBs that cause distractions usually aren't rostered
And for the 1500th time, he is not a terrible QB and the only way to prove or disprove that is for to have him sign and play for a team, then the argument will be settled as to his playing ability (or lack thereof).

And for the 1500th time, he is not a terrible QB and the only way to prove or disprove that is for to have him sign and play for a team, then the argument will be settled as to his playing ability (or lack thereof).
He has a worse passer rating than Matt Schaub.  Let that sink in

For the 1,956th time, he is not terrible; he is just not great enough to be worth the drama and media circus that would come with him. 

3 for his last 19 is terrible in my book.  I realize you may have lower standards though.  But agree he's not worth the drama
It's not about low standards; it's about recognizing that wins and losses are not the only thing by which to judge a QB.

Trubisky is 13-4 in his last 17 regular season starts...do you think he is great? 

Users who are viewing this thread