What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (3 Viewers)

Put his motivation aside. Put the NFL's motivation aside. His actions lessened the chance of getting an NFL job. It's that simple.
The impact if any was negligible. I can't picture any NFL team tearing up an offer sheet to Kaep, saying "He looked great and we would have signed him if not for that K. Kinte t-shirt." If any team is serious about signing him either this season or next, his t-shirt will not be in the decision making mix. 

The impact if any was negligible. I can't picture any NFL team tearing up an offer sheet to Kaep, saying "He looked great and we would have signed him if not for that K. Kinte t-shirt." If any team is serious about signing him either this season or next, his t-shirt will not be in the decision making mix. 
There was much more to his actions than just a T-shirt.

This was not a typical job interview. It was a farce, a publicity stunt by the NFL to put the controversy about no teams having worked him out to rest, so they could say essentially "We gave him a chance, not our fault no team would sign him."

To recap, the NFL sprung this on him with no advance notice, not giving him the opportunity to be able to work with any of the receivers who would attend and gave him two hours to make a decision (probably hoping he would cancel or turn it down). Not to mention the unprecedented waiver they wanted him to sign. 

As PFT, Rotoworld and other NFL observers/commentators repeatedly pointed out, this was a dog-and-pony show. His wearing of the K. Kinte t-shirt was a joking commentary on his part about this workout that the NFL did not seem to take that seriously (given the rushed and last minute quality about it). 
If he didn't believe it was legitimate then why did he go in the first place?  If he thought it was legitimate then why all the mental gymnastics about the location?   And why the slave t-shirt?  Are you trying to say he's not intelligent enough to know the impact of that shirt or that he didn't take the job interview very seriously?

To analogize this to a typical FA workout is absurd, IMO. Kaepernick's situation is unlike any other FA workout in the the history of the NFL. And he had not been given a FA workout by any team since he has been a free agent and any of those teams could have called him at any before this to get on plane that day and he probably would have done it (but they didn't).
Well if you believe that is the case he should have just said "Thanks, but no thanks I will wait until a team wants to work ne out"  Because instead of helping his chances it appears he made them slimmer than before.  I am sure you will agree with me on that.

If he didn't believe it was legitimate then why did he go in the first place?  If he thought it was legitimate then why all the mental gymnastics about the location?   And why the slave t-shirt?  Are you trying to say he's not intelligent enough to know the impact of that shirt or that he didn't take the job interview very seriously?
He was put between a rock and a hard place and that was the intent of the NFL with this last minute and previously unannounced or scheduled workout, then only giving him 2 hours a make a decision. It really was a no-win situation for Kaep, either participate in a workout he was not given adequate given notice on or turn it down confirming that he wasn't really serious about playing again.  

He took this workout as seriously as the NFL did in their efforts in scheduling this and the t-shirt was an appropriate commentary on his part in this dog-and-pony show. 

Well if you believe that is the case he should have just said "Thanks, but no thanks I will wait until a team wants to work ne out"  Because instead of helping his chances it appears he made them slimmer than before.  I am sure you will agree with me on that.
If he had said thanks but no thanks, he wouldn’t have been able to be on tv with his T-shirt

He was put between a rock and a hard place and that was the intent of the NFL with this last minute and previously unannounced or scheduled workout, then only giving him 2 hours a make a decision. It really was a no-win situation for Kaep, either participate in a workout he was not given adequate given notice on or turn it down confirming that he wasn't really serious about playing again.  

He took this workout as seriously as the NFL did in their efforts in scheduling this and the t-shirt was an appropriate commentary on his part in this dog-and-pony show. 
Wait, he had more than 48 hours to show up for this interview.  Usually in season if a guy gets hurt on Sunday then teams have the guys in there working out by Tuesday to sign someone for that week.  How much time does Kaepernick need to be ready for this interview?  Is he not able to prepare quickly so he's not able to help anyone immediately?  That would make sense why he's not getting signed.

I'm still confused.  You are claiming he made a joke of the interview because he thinks the NFL did the same.  But you also keep claiming he's interested in football and wanting to play.  How can both of those be true?  If he really wanted to play, he'd take his opportunity more seriously and tone down the slave nonsense, for example.

Wait, he had more than 48 hours to show up for this interview.  Usually in season if a guy gets hurt on Sunday then teams have the guys in there working out by Tuesday to sign someone for that week.  How much time does Kaepernick need to be ready for this interview?  Is he not able to prepare quickly so he's not able to help anyone immediately?  That would make sense why he's not getting signed.

I'm still confused.  You are claiming he made a joke of the interview because he thinks the NFL did the same.  But you also keep claiming he's interested in football and wanting to play.  How can both of those be true?  If he really wanted to play, he'd take his opportunity more seriously and tone down the slave nonsense, for example.
Well, I think it’s clear to most now that he doesn’t want to play. 

NBC opinion piece that states my POV better than I could:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/colin-kaepernick-s-nfl-workout-was-debacle-because-teams-care-ncna1085176

Colin Kaepernick's NFL workout was a debacle because teams care about profits, not winning games

Donning a ####a Kinte T-shirt, the former quarterback held his own quasi-audition because he didn't trust the league to do right by him. Why would he?

Colin Kaepernick wants a job. Colin Kaepernick deserves a job. The first point should not be in question, and the second should not be up for debate. And yet, three years after the controversy over his career in the NFL started, we’re still arguing about him.

The latest volleys started after Kaepernick made himself available for a workout — a kind of preliminary audition, but something less than a full-fledged tryout that would result in an offer — over the weekend to which more than 24 of the NFL’s 32 teams said they would send representatives. (Who those representatives were, we don’t know ... but they were certainly not key members of any team’s football operations staff, since Saturday is the day before these teams have actual games.)

According to ESPN reporter Howard Bryant, contrary to normal circumstances, the NFL dictated to Kaepernick that there could be no press and no videotaping outside of the NFL's own production crew. With hardly any advance notice, Kaepernick — who has been unemployed since the 2016-17 season despite having led the San Francisco 49ers to the Super Bowl — was asked to appear for a highly unorthodox workout over which he would have no control while also signing a legally onerous waiver ahead of time.

And so he bailed on their plan and held his own workout in a ####a Kinte T-shirt. Because why should Colin Kaepernick trust the NFL at this point?

This is the fundamental question for any employee, whether it’s in football or at a marketing firm or a grocery store: Does my employer have my best interests in mind? Most of the time, they don’t. The first interest the employer serves is profit. If you are so inclined as to argue otherwise, then you fail to understand the basis of capitalism. Media companies lay off journalists to trim their bottom lines and raise their profit margins — or worse, as in the case of Deadspin, the parent company’s actions become so draconian that they passive-aggressively force their employees to leave en masse. 

[...]

So I ask again: Why should Colin Kaepernick trust the NFL? Why should you, as a paying customer?

Or ask yourself a different question. What would you rather have: a consistently fun, quality football team to root for with a chance to win thanks to a rejuvenated Kaepernick; or a terrible team that remains seemingly aligned with your politics? I’m certain there are actual Bengals fans who would rather go 0-16 every year than sign Kap; I'm just not sure they care about football or the Bengals.

The arguments about Kaepernick's career are not about the actual game of football. They never have been, and never will be. If they were, then the NFL wouldn’t have scheduled the workout for a Saturday. They would have allowed press to attend. They would have given Kaepernick more time to prepare. They would have allowed his team to tape it. Instead, they clearly wanted to make a mockery of this man, and then allow bloviators like ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith to give them cover by making bad faith arguments on their behalf so that they could have legal and public cover to be rid of him once and for all.

Football doesn’t matter to the 32 owners of the NFL. So, why should it matter to you?

What rock and hard place?  If it didn't work for him he can simply say "Sorry schedule conflict" and then hold his own work out session.  He is a professional adult, he can do that.  Not going to tell you the NFL is absolutely trying to due right by him, but never before has the NFL even tried to hold a workout day for one potential player, and highly doubt it'll ever happen again.  Really are passing a lot of the blame here onto one entity. 

They are not mutually exclusive. 

NBC opinion piece that states my POV better than I could:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/colin-kaepernick-s-nfl-workout-was-debacle-because-teams-care-ncna1085176

Colin Kaepernick's NFL workout was a debacle because teams care about profits, not winning games

Donning a ####a Kinte T-shirt, the former quarterback held his own quasi-audition because he didn't trust the league to do right by him. Why would he?

Colin Kaepernick wants a job. Colin Kaepernick deserves a job. The first point should not be in question, and the second should not be up for debate. And yet, three years after the controversy over his career in the NFL started, we’re still arguing about him.

The latest volleys started after Kaepernick made himself available for a workout — a kind of preliminary audition, but something less than a full-fledged tryout that would result in an offer — over the weekend to which more than 24 of the NFL’s 32 teams said they would send representatives. (Who those representatives were, we don’t know ... but they were certainly not key members of any team’s football operations staff, since Saturday is the day before these teams have actual games.)

According to ESPN reporter Howard Bryant, contrary to normal circumstances, the NFL dictated to Kaepernick that there could be no press and no videotaping outside of the NFL's own production crew. With hardly any advance notice, Kaepernick — who has been unemployed since the 2016-17 season despite having led the San Francisco 49ers to the Super Bowl — was asked to appear for a highly unorthodox workout over which he would have no control while also signing a legally onerous waiver ahead of time.

And so he bailed on their plan and held his own workout in a ####a Kinte T-shirt. Because why should Colin Kaepernick trust the NFL at this point?

This is the fundamental question for any employee, whether it’s in football or at a marketing firm or a grocery store: Does my employer have my best interests in mind? Most of the time, they don’t. The first interest the employer serves is profit. If you are so inclined as to argue otherwise, then you fail to understand the basis of capitalism. Media companies lay off journalists to trim their bottom lines and raise their profit margins — or worse, as in the case of Deadspin, the parent company’s actions become so draconian that they passive-aggressively force their employees to leave en masse. 

[...]

So I ask again: Why should Colin Kaepernick trust the NFL? Why should you, as a paying customer?

Or ask yourself a different question. What would you rather have: a consistently fun, quality football team to root for with a chance to win thanks to a rejuvenated Kaepernick; or a terrible team that remains seemingly aligned with your politics? I’m certain there are actual Bengals fans who would rather go 0-16 every year than sign Kap; I'm just not sure they care about football or the Bengals.

The arguments about Kaepernick's career are not about the actual game of football. They never have been, and never will be. If they were, then the NFL wouldn’t have scheduled the workout for a Saturday. They would have allowed press to attend. They would have given Kaepernick more time to prepare. They would have allowed his team to tape it. Instead, they clearly wanted to make a mockery of this man, and then allow bloviators like ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith to give them cover by making bad faith arguments on their behalf so that they could have legal and public cover to be rid of him once and for all.

Football doesn’t matter to the 32 owners of the NFL. So, why should it matter to you?
If he doesn’t trust the nfl anymore, fine

Go play in Canada.

bye

Serious question, what day of the week would of been better for this? 

M, Th, Su all have games.

Tu coach gameplan day/team's own tryout day

W, (Th), F practice days.

Sa travel day

Looks like a busy schedule no matter what, pretty sure any day picked would of been panned one way or another. 

If he doesn’t trust the nfl anymore, fine

Go play in Canada.

bye
To reiterate to what I said prior, the NFL was not pure here. I think they definitely did this hoping Kaepernick would metaphorically hang himsef with the rope they gave him...and he did. Both sides came off looking bad. Nobody trusts the NFL, and many who were on Kaepernick’s side have abandoned ship after the clown act he pulled, with some of course still fighting the losing battle and being content with going down with the ship, in a matter of speaking of course. 

The thing I believe the NFL did wrong is they could have given him a later date for this workout. However, at this late juncture in the season, there were not going to be a lot of teams willing to bring CK in for Week 13. He made a big deal about being ready and working out 5 times a week, so he was as ready as he was going to be if we believe him.

The NFL, despite this being an irregular tryout, treated him like every other FA and they weren't planning on televising it. Just think about this on the flip side--let's say the NFL said, "Hey we are going to televise this." Can you imagine the backlash they would have received from CK's camp? "Wait a minute!! Why are we being treated differently?"

Again if you believe the NFL, 25 team reps showed up to see him, but when his camp moved the tryout 6-8 actually made the trip over there. His decision basically cost himself 75% of his audience. 

After his antics this weekend, he has no one to blame but himself if he doesn't get a job.  To me, Carolina was a no-brainer, but his actions may have proven too much for even them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing I believe the NFL did wrong is they could have given him a later date for this workout. However, at this late juncture in the season, there were not going to be a lot of teams willing to bring CK in for Week 13. He made a big deal about being ready and working out 5 times a week, so he was as ready as he was going to be if we believe him.

The NFL, despite this being an irregular tryout, treated him like every other FA and they weren't planning on televising it. Just think about this on the flip side--let's say the NFL said, "Hey we are going to televise this." Can you imagine the backlash they would have received from CK's camp? "Wait a minute!! Why are we being treated differently?"

Again if you believe the NFL, 25 team reps showed up to see him, but when his camp moved the tryout 6-8 actually made the trip over there. His decision basically cost himself 75% of his audience. 

After his antics this weekend, he has no one to blame but himself if he doesn't get a job.  To me, Carolina was a no-brainer, but his actions may have proven too much for even them. 
Bears were super hush about whether or not they were going and they actually unannounced had people in ATL so it wasnt PR for them. They said screw it though when it was relocated. 

Perhaps it might help some put this in perspective if they don't mentally label this a workout, but rather a pro day.  nobody really doubted he could complete a workout, and little is ever learned from such workouts given the nature of them, unfamiliar receivers and no defense.  No this was a pro day.  It was his opportunity to show that he might comport himself as is expected of a professional in that profession.  The relevant inquiry was could he and would he act the pro? What did he show?  He showed not that he wanted to be on their stage, in their production, but that he wanted to usurp the stage created at great expense, by others, for their purposes, and to make it about him and his agenda, matters that are antithetical to the goals of those who created the stage, the spotlight. He was anything but professional.

This is becoming increasingly common. We have players today obsessed with their brand.  Well absent the NFL's brand and the Team's brand the player does not have one.  Players forget that they are trading on value created by others.  Don't agree, well I would argue that no one will attend an end zone dance exhibition which stands alone, outside of a game.  Few would attend a fashion show by these self obsessed folks, and nobody really cares to hear their opinions unrelated to league games or their availability therefor.

Serious question, what day of the week would of been better for this? 

M, Th, Su all have games.

Tu coach gameplan day/team's own tryout day

W, (Th), F practice days.

Sa travel day

Looks like a busy schedule no matter what, pretty sure any day picked would of been panned one way or another. 
Saturday travel day by far the worst. Half the league and their coaching staff are traveling to an away game. Plus many of their scouts are attending college games. I believe that it was chosen by the NFL to make it as inconvenient as possible for many teams to have their decision makers attend. 

Saturday travel day by far the worst. Half the league and their coaching staff are traveling to an away game. Plus many of their scouts are attending college games. I believe that it was chosen by the NFL to make it as inconvenient as possible for many teams to have their decision makers attend. 
Every day has something, every day is going to be pulling someone from something else, so again what day would of been better?  If Saturday is the normal day to have scouts in the field anyway, why not then? 

Every day has something, every day is going to be pulling someone from something else, so again what day would of been better?  If Saturday is the normal day to have scouts in the field anyway, why not then? 
Every day doesn't have half the league traveling to an away game. And scouts would miss a game in person that they otherwise be looking at college prospects, which could be a lost opportunity that would come back to bite the team. 

Every day doesn't have half the league traveling to an away game. And scouts would miss a game in person that they otherwise be looking at college prospects, which could be a lost opportunity that would come back to bite the team. 
I'd ask which day (again) but never mind, it seems you're well entrenched.  Just was trying to point out there may not be a truly good day for either Kaep or the teams. 

25 teams were going to have people there. Looks like they picked an awesome day. 

25 teams were going to have people there. Looks like they picked an awesome day. 
Only 8 teams actually attended and even Jerry Jones who is not a fan of kneeling, called it a "circus."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/cowboys-jerry-jones-colin-kaepernicks-workout

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones agrees Colin Kaepernick's workout turned into a 'circus'

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones talked about Colin Kaepernick's workout during a radio interview Tuesday and agreed that the showcase was a "circus."

Jones appeared in a radio interview for 105.3 The Fan in Dallas and talked about Kaepernick's workout. He said last week that he wasn't attending, nor would there be a team representative at the event.

"That situation from the get-go probably had a lot more that wasn't about football involved in it and consequently we got the results of that dynamic," Jones said.

Asked outright whether he thought Kaepernick's incident was turned into a "circus," Jones replied, "I think so."

"We, of course, aren't in the quarterback business," he said. "We're in the business of anytime, anywhere looking for talent -- whether we need it now or whether we need it in the future."

He added: "So, the way these things work, you had that evaluation for you whether you're there or you're not. You have that evaluation. And, I think it's unfortunate that you can't just zero in on the business at hand, and that is evaluating a player that might or might not help you win a football game or move the chains within a football game."

Jones also made clear that he believed the team was set for the future with Dak Prescott as the starter and Cooper Rush as his backup.

Kaepernick moved workout locations from the Atlanta Falcons training facility to a high school 60 miles away. His representatives made clear they wanted the workout to be more transparent with the media and took issue with the waiver the league wanted him to sign.

Only eight teams showed up for the workout session after Kaepernick announced the move.

Only 8 teams actually attended and even Jerry Jones who is not a fan of kneeling, called it a "circus."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/cowboys-jerry-jones-colin-kaepernicks-workout

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones agrees Colin Kaepernick's workout turned into a 'circus'

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones talked about Colin Kaepernick's workout during a radio interview Tuesday and agreed that the showcase was a "circus."

Jones appeared in a radio interview for 105.3 The Fan in Dallas and talked about Kaepernick's workout. He said last week that he wasn't attending, nor would there be a team representative at the event.

"That situation from the get-go probably had a lot more that wasn't about football involved in it and consequently we got the results of that dynamic," Jones said.

Asked outright whether he thought Kaepernick's incident was turned into a "circus," Jones replied, "I think so."

"We, of course, aren't in the quarterback business," he said. "We're in the business of anytime, anywhere looking for talent -- whether we need it now or whether we need it in the future."

He added: "So, the way these things work, you had that evaluation for you whether you're there or you're not. You have that evaluation. And, I think it's unfortunate that you can't just zero in on the business at hand, and that is evaluating a player that might or might not help you win a football game or move the chains within a football game."

Jones also made clear that he believed the team was set for the future with Dak Prescott as the starter and Cooper Rush as his backup.

Kaepernick moved workout locations from the Atlanta Falcons training facility to a high school 60 miles away. His representatives made clear they wanted the workout to be more transparent with the media and took issue with the waiver the league wanted him to sign.

Only eight teams showed up for the workout session after Kaepernick announced the move.
25 teams were going to be there. Sounds like they picked a great day!

Have any of the teams that were at the workout said anything about it? Has anyone even asked those teams about the workout?

Have any of the teams that were at the workout said anything about it? Has anyone even asked those teams about the workout?
Not that I have seen. And there have no offers or workout invitations from any team:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/17/no-offers-no-workout-invitations-for-colin-kaepernick-after-saturdays-session/

No offers, no workout invitations for Colin Kaepernick after Saturday’s session

Posted by Mike Florio on November 17, 2019, 9:17 PM EST

In the aftermath of Colin Kaepernick’s Saturday workout, some in league circles have suggested that nothing will change. For now, nothing has changed.

Per a league source, Kaepernick’s representatives have not heard from any teams with either an invitation to work out privately or an offer to sign a contract.

It’s no surprise, even if the league’s intentions were genuine and pure (Kaepernick’s camp suspected from the outset that they were not), no team had invited Kaepernick to work out privately or had offered him a contract in the 32 months since he became a free agent.

And so the impasse continues, whatever the reason. Some will think he’s not good enough. Others think that his presence will be too much of a distraction for a second- or third-string option on the roster. Others wonder whether he truly wants to play. (There’s one way to find out, conclusively.)

Regardless, if the league truly wants to help him (and after the events of the past week the league may not want to help him any longer), the way to do it is to work the back channels and do a deal with a team to give him a shot.

Not that I have seen. And there have no offers or workout invitations from any team:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/17/no-offers-no-workout-invitations-for-colin-kaepernick-after-saturdays-session/

No offers, no workout invitations for Colin Kaepernick after Saturday’s session

Posted by Mike Florio on November 17, 2019, 9:17 PM EST

In the aftermath of Colin Kaepernick’s Saturday workout, some in league circles have suggested that nothing will change. For now, nothing has changed.

Per a league source, Kaepernick’s representatives have not heard from any teams with either an invitation to work out privately or an offer to sign a contract.

It’s no surprise, even if the league’s intentions were genuine and pure (Kaepernick’s camp suspected from the outset that they were not), no team had invited Kaepernick to work out privately or had offered him a contract in the 32 months since he became a free agent.

And so the impasse continues, whatever the reason. Some will think he’s not good enough. Others think that his presence will be too much of a distraction for a second- or third-string option on the roster. Others wonder whether he truly wants to play. (There’s one way to find out, conclusively.)

Regardless, if the league truly wants to help him (and after the events of the past week the league may not want to help him any longer), the way to do it is to work the back channels and do a deal with a team to give him a shot.
With Kappys antics Saturday might have been his retirement party.

He should have shown up with his own W.R.'s, Antonio Brown, Antonio Bryant, and Terrell Owens. If you are going to posture and media whore, go all in.  If you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly.  Hell, he should have had Lavar Burton there to offer encouragement.  He should have brought his own security, a bunch of Black Panthers and large fellows from the Black Lives Matter Movement.  He could have checked if Jim Brown was available as he is often good for a quote or two on race and the NFL.

After him upstaging the event, moving locations, wearing a slave t-shirt, etc... is anyone surprised no one is signing him?  No one wants a below average backup QB that creates a million distractions.
I’m under no illusion that he is/was going to be signed

I’m curious about the reporting, we have seen all this stuff about his T-shirt but hardly anything about the actual workout.

There were 7 or 8 teams there and I haven’t seen any stories asking those teams what they thought of the workout or why they were at the workout. Maybe those stories are being covered locally but I haven’t seen anything on the national level about those teams thoughts on the workout.

To me the distraction argument is weak! Sure there will initially be a distraction but it won’t last long. Remember when all the dog lovers were never going to watch the NFL ever again? Remember all the Eagles fans threatening to sell their season tickets? How long did that last? Vick was a backup in Philly his 1st year back.

Yet somehow the Eagles were able to win 11 games and make the playoffs with that “distraction” going on. Every time I see an Eagles game on TV the Linc seems to be sold out. So I don’t buy the distraction stuff.

I’m under no illusion that he is/was going to be signed

I’m curious about the reporting, we have seen all this stuff about his T-shirt but hardly anything about the actual workout.

There were 7 or 8 teams there and I haven’t seen any stories asking those teams what they thought of the workout or why they were at the workout. Maybe those stories are being covered locally but I haven’t seen anything on the national level about those teams thoughts on the workout.

To me the distraction argument is weak! Sure there will initially be a distraction but it won’t last long. Remember when all the dog lovers were never going to watch the NFL ever again? Remember all the Eagles fans threatening to sell their season tickets? How long did that last? Vick was a backup in Philly his 1st year back.

Yet somehow the Eagles were able to win 11 games and make the playoffs with that “distraction” going on. Every time I see an Eagles game on TV the Linc seems to be sold out. So I don’t buy the distraction stuff.
So why is he not signed in your opinion?

So why is he not signed in your opinion?
I think there are several reasons -here are a few 

1st and foremost he is the initiator and face of the protest

Some teams simply don’t need a QB

Some owners didn’t like the attention the protest received

Some owners didn’t agree with the reason for the protest

Squeaky wheel gets the grease – you basically have 3 Kap groups, ‘anti’, ‘pro’ and ‘don’t care’. My guess is the ‘don’t care’ group is the largest, but the ‘anti’ is the loudest. The owners are letting the loudest group dictate

Some owners may have felt political pressure

I think the "pro" crowd is pretty loud too, and I think that's a reason some teams would prefer to avoid. QB is a really tough position to play and will have its ups and downs. Even if Kaepernick himself would accept a defined backup role, there would be some rabble rousing among the masses (and maybe even in the locker room) when a non-Mahomes/Watson/Rodgers caliber starter has a bad game.

squistion said:
The NFL didn't have to do jack ####

I think there are several reasons -here are a few 

1st and foremost he is the initiator and face of the protest

Some teams simply don’t need a QB

Some owners didn’t like the attention the protest received

Some owners didn’t agree with the reason for the protest

Squeaky wheel gets the grease – you basically have 3 Kap groups, ‘anti’, ‘pro’ and ‘don’t care’. My guess is the ‘don’t care’ group is the largest, but the ‘anti’ is the loudest. The owners are letting the loudest group dictate

Some owners may have felt political pressure
Pretty much agree with all of them.  To nutshell it owners feel he is not worth the trouble.

I agree but I think  the “trouble” is being extremely overstated – see Mike Vick with the Eagles 2009
Looks like the team owners disagree or he would already be on a team.

Last week probably doomed the chance of him ever playing in the NFL again but maybe that is exactly what he wanted.

Last week probably doomed the chance of him ever playing in the NFL again but maybe that is exactly what he wanted.
The NFL owners decided he wasn't going to play long before last week

I think the bolded is clear by his actions and outfit, he has his own agenda that isn't winning football games and hasn't been for awhile. 

Users who are viewing this thread