Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Dr. Awesome

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news

I will not loose any sleep knowing this pampered millionaire is unemployed.   His skills do not overtake the headaches any team would have to deal with. 

Edited by boots11234

Full Article on how Kappy`s last shot at the NFL did not end well.   NFL has moved on so it looks there is finally closure.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Wednesday the league has "moved on" from former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who changed the venue last-minute for an NFL sponsored workout and held his own workout last month.

Goodell was addressing the New England Patriots' video recording violation of the Cincinnati Bengals sideline on Sunday when he was asked about Kaepernick's recent workout.

"This was all about creating an opportunity, which Colin's representatives came out in early October and we created that opportunity for him. It was a unique opportunity -- an incredible opportunity and he chose not to take it.  So we've moved on here," Goodell said at the National Football League owners' meetings at Las Colinas, in Irving, Texas.

Kaepernick's much-awaited private workout in front of dozens of NFL teams did not go as planned. He abruptly changed the venue at the last minute from the Atlanta Falcons training center in Flowery Branch, Georgia to a high school in Riverdale, south of Atlanta, where he opted to hold his own workout session.

The NFL says it's disappointed after Colin Kaepernick made a last-minute workout change

Kaepernick's representatives said he wanted the session to be open to the media and the NFL balked, forcing him to change the location. Kaepernick's agents said he was told not to bring his own film crew to the previous venue.

The former quarterback's camp was also upset with the liability waiver the NFL wanted the player to sign, saying it was "unusual" and "addresses employment-related issues." They said the NFL rejected the standard waiver they had proposed. Only 6-8 scouts showed at the new venue.

"So we're waiting for the 32 owners, the 32 teams, (Commissioner) Roger Goodell, all of them to stop running," Kaepernick said after the workout. "Stop running from the truth, stop running from the people."

The league said it was disappointed by the last-minute change of venue, which the NFL said happened just 30 minutes before the start of the event.

It league accused Kaepernick of not showing up for the event. Kaepernick hasn't played in the league since the 2016 season -- when he first sat during the playing of the anthem. He has said the protest evolved into kneeling after onetime Seattle Seahawk and Green Beret Nate Boyer persuaded him it would be more respectful to the nation's military.

Kaepernick became a free agent in 2017 but no team offered him a contract. He filed a grievance against the NFL, accusing team owners of colluding to keep him from being signed. The NFL denied any collusion and they reached a settlement with Kaepernick and former teammate Eric Reid, who knelt with him. After the November workout, a representative in Kaepernick's camp told CNN he was willing to visit any NFL team facility for the typical interview and workout process.

Kaepernick's team sent video from his workout to all NFL teams with that message, the representative said then.

Jordan Veasy, one of the wide receivers who participated in Kaepernick's workout in Riverdale, was signed this month to the Washington Redskins' practice squad.

Veasy, 24, played at University of California at Berkeley and went undrafted in 2018. He was on the Buffalo Bills practice squad before being released in October.

Edited by Da Guru

"This was about creating an opportunity," Goodell said this week, via Christopher Brito of CBS News. "We created that opportunity. It was a unique opportunity -- an incredible opportunity and he chose not to take it. I understand that. And we've moved on here."

What chou mean "we", white boy?  Do you speak for every general manager and owner in the NFL?  Mr Goodell, you could only speak for every general manager and owner if you are indeed colluding.  And you sound like Donald Trump describing a chocolate cake when talking about Colin's great opportunity.  He had the most beautiful opportunity you've ever seen.

Edited by Don Hutson

2 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

What chou mean "we", white boy?  Do you speak for every general manager and owner in the NFL?  Mr Goodell, you could only speak for every general manager and owner if you are indeed colluding.  And you sound like Donald Trump describing a chocolate cake when talk about Colin's great opportunity.  He had the most beautiful opportunity you've ever seen.

:no: 

When Goodell said "we," he was clearly referring to the NFL as a whole, which did give him that opportunity last month.   There is plenty to criticize the NFL about regarding that fiasco (as I said before, I think their motives were not noble, just like Kaepernick's were not), but jumping on that line feels like picking nits about something that isn't there. 

2 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

What chou mean "we", white boy?  Do you speak for every general manager and owner in the NFL?  Mr Goodell, you could only speak for every general manager and owner if you are indeed colluding.  And you sound like Donald Trump describing a chocolate cake when talk about Colin's great opportunity.  He had the most beautiful opportunity you've ever seen.

Not a fan of Goodell but the "We" means the NFL is not going to arrange or sponsor another tryout.  Individual teams can do whatever they want.  I seriously doubt that will happen now after this last fiasco.  It is a very strange situation. It is almost if CK planned to sabotage the NFLs plans but in turn sabotaged his own tryout. 

Edited by Summer Wheat

8 hours ago, Summer Wheat said:

It is a very strange situation. It is almost if CK planned to sabotage the NFLs plans but in turn sabotaged his own tryout. 

Kaepernick wanted the workout to be filmed and available to the press.  The NFL said no.  Why would the NFL say no to transparency?  Kaepernick did not want to sign away his rights to future litigation in order to participate in the NFL's "great opportunity".  Why would Colin agree to that?   So 24 teams flew to Atlanta to watch his workout, but when it got moved to a location in the suburbs, the majority of teams did not go.  So these teams wanted to see him, flew to Atlanta, but could not drive an extra 30 minutes?  It was such big beautiful cake.  It was the best cake you've ever seen.

Edited by Don Hutson
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

Kaepernick wanted the workout to be filmed and available to the press.  The NFL said no.  Why would the NFL say no to transparency?  Kaepernick did not want to sign away his rights to future litigation in order to participate in the NFL's "great opportunity".  Why would Colin agree to that?   So 24 teams flew to Atlanta to watch his workout, but when it got moved to a location in the suburbs, the majority of teams did not go.  So these teams wanted to see him, flew to Atlanta, but could not drive an extra 30 minutes?  It was such big beautiful cake.  It was the best cake you've ever seen.

Some people don`t like cake. I was hoping the Texans would sign him to backup Watson but now it appears after 3 years the CK saga is over. I don`t know who is right or wrong.  Just know if I truly wanted a job I would follow what the potential employers set up that's all. Just seems now CK gave the NFL an easy out.

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 4h4 hours ago

Free-agent WR Antonio Brown is in New Orleans this morning, working out for the Saints, per source. Saints are doing their due diligence.

Jemele Hill‏ @jemelehill 24m24 minutes ago

Jemele Hill Retweeted Adam Schefter

And this is reason no 1 million why Kaepernick’s workout was a sham and a disgrace. Teams that are really interested do this 👇

Also, AB will get endless chances because his behavior is seen as correctable. Kaep never got a chance because they can’t change the way he thinks.

https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/1210608646045888512

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

And this is reason no 1 million why Kaepernick’s workout was a sham and a disgrace. Teams that are really interested do this 👇

Also, AB will get endless chances because his behavior is seen as correctable. Kaep never got a chance because they can’t change the way he thinks.

Brown is good, Kap isn't.

Edited by John Blutarsky

32 minutes ago, squistion said:

Brown is a good player.  Kaepernick isn't.  Why is this so difficult for some to understand?

33 minutes ago, squistion said:

Kaep never got a chance because they can’t change the way he thinks.

Kaep never got a another chance because he won't change the way he thinks.

1 hour ago, Stealthycat said:

Or, to put it another way, it is because he won't sacrifice his principles. 

• Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

What does he think about about people that live in trailer parks?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

What does he think about about people that live in trailer parks?

What does that have to do with anything?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

What does that have to do with anything?

He mentioned principles - beliefs that guide a good ethical person.  The term "trailer park" is a stereotype, similar to "white trash" or "ghetto".  We know Kaep is ok with using stereotypes for police officers, I was just wondering where his stance stood on some of the other stereotypes and ethnic slurs.

Edited by tonydead

1 hour ago, Stealthycat said:

Are you willing to change the way you think?

24 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

https://twitter.com/SFY/status/1209600388539863043

@WhitlockJason

says Kaepernick’s new signature shoes are a bad look "Kap is working on behalf of the power at it's highest level by branding himself as some kind of freedom fighter for justice & equality when all he really is, is a brand."

Kappy is so predictable.   The real reason he/Nike changed the workout venue was because Nike or anyone else was not allowed to film the workout wearing and to promote the new shoes and that would have not been good for sales. Wiley, Smith, Whitlock and many others pegged Kappy as phony a long time ago.

If the guy wants to make a buck being a shoe huckster so be it...just don`t act like it is for "the cause"

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Kappy is so predictable.   The real reason he/Nike changed the workout venue was because Nike or anyone else was not allowed to film the workout wearing and to promote the new shoes and that would have not been good for sales. Wiley, Smith, Whitlock and many others pegged Kappy as phony a long time ago.

If the guy wants to make a buck being a shoe huckster so be it...just don`t act like it is for "the cause"

Pretty much, yeah, although Wiley initially was on his side IIRC, but at some point, he, like many others, realized what a fraud Kaepernick is and changed his point of view. 

20 hours ago, squistion said:

Ted Bundy had principles too - they just didn't mesh with society 

Kap's views are one thing, that he wants to parade around in piggy cop socks, kneel at the anthem, call NFL owners slavers etc ?   that's entirely different

for all we know, Eli Manning has same views. He's just smart enough to not voice them and to instead play the game he's paid millions to do right ? 

19 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Are you willing to change the way you think?

I do everyday and in 2019 more so than I ever have

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

Ted Bundy had principles too - they just didn't mesh with society 

Kap's views are one thing, that he wants to parade around in piggy cop socks, kneel at the anthem, call NFL owners slavers etc ?   that's entirely different

for all we know, Eli Manning has same views. He's just smart enough to not voice them and to instead play the game he's paid millions to do right ? 

You are comparing Kaepernick to Ted Bundy? :o

2 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

https://twitter.com/SFY/status/1209607936735092736

@MarcellusWiley

on Kaepernick’s new signature shoes "I just look at the whole situation and see fraud about a lot of the elements and when he has no response to that, I get tired of people defending someone who won’t even defend himself."

Wiley and Whitlock both nail it again

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Wiley and Whitlock both nail it again

The same Wiley who insinuated Kaep isn't Black enough to lead the charge on social justice? Wiley said Kaepernick didn't have a connection to the black struggle, because he's of mixed race and his adopted family is white.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/05/jemele-hill-colin-kaepernick-marcellus-wiley-nfl/

And Whitlock's Kaep hatred is well documented, going back years and has been brought up several times in this thread. 

1 minute ago, squistion said:

The same Wiley who insinuated Kaep isn't Black enough to lead the charge on social justice? Wiley said Kaepernick didn't have a connection to the black struggle, because he's of mixed race and his adopted family is white.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/05/jemele-hill-colin-kaepernick-marcellus-wiley-nfl/

And Whitlock's Kaep hatred is well documented, going back years and has been brought up several times in this thread. 

Yep the same Wiley and Whitlock.  They nailed it.  Just about everyone can see Kaep for who he is.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Yep the same Wiley and Whitlock.  They nailed it.  Just about everyone can see Kaep for who he is.  

Exactly. 

Whitlock doesn't hate Kaepernick; he just has no patience for phonies. 

3 hours ago, squistion said:

You are comparing Kaepernick to Ted Bundy? :o

comparing no  - you can say everyone has their own principles from Mother Theresa to Bill Clinton to Donald Trump to .... Kapernick

Kap's "principles" are newly founded and not popular and he chooses to use them in such a way that isn't advantageous to having an NFL career

his choices

12 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

comparing no  - you can say everyone has their own principles from Mother Theresa to Bill Clinton to Donald Trump to .... Kapernick

Kap's "principles" are newly founded and not popular and he chooses to use them in such a way that isn't advantageous to having an NFL career

his choices

Except you didn't mention Mother Teresa as an example of someone who is also principled. Instead you bizarrely brought up Ted Bundy and I don't see what the point of that was, outside of making some unsavory association of a serial killer with Kaepernick. 

5 hours ago, squistion said:

I read CKs mother is Caucasian so technically  he is half white- half black.  Where I grew up the black people did not consider mixed race people black enough like Wiley.  Not saying it is right but just the way it was.  

And about CK.  For awhile I thought he was the real deal but now he seems like a conman selling his goods. Just a bad look.   I was never a Steven A. fan but I do agree when he said CK does not want to play football anymore. The sad thing ids that he is old news as far as a football player.  My nephew who is 18 and loves the NFL does not even know who CK is as a player.    Been out of the league 3 years and not really be relevant as a player for 5 years.  That is a lifetime for NFL players.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, squistion said:

Except you didn't mention Mother Teresa as an example of someone who is also principled. Instead you bizarrely brought up Ted Bundy and I don't see what the point of that was, outside of making some unsavory association of a serial killer with Kaepernick. 

if you don't see the point I can't help you 

34 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

if you don't see the point I can't help you 

I still don't know what the point was of bringing up Ted Bundy, of all people. Can you at least try to explain how a serial killer and murderer got into a thread discussion of Colin Kaepernick?

Edited by squistion
  • Thinking 1

20 hours ago, Summer Wheat said:

I read CKs mother is Caucasian so technically  he is half white- half black.  Where I grew up the black people did not consider mixed race people black enough like Wiley.  Not saying it is right but just the way it was.  

And about CK.  For awhile I thought he was the real deal but now he seems like a conman selling his goods. Just a bad look.   I was never a Steven A. fan but I do agree when he said CK does not want to play football anymore. The sad thing ids that he is old news as far as a football player.  My nephew who is 18 and loves the NFL does not even know who CK is as a player.    Been out of the league 3 years and not really be relevant as a player for 5 years.  That is a lifetime for NFL players.

Very true.  It has been since 2014-15 since Kappy was relevant as an NFL player so many younger fans really don`t know him as one. Plus the 24 hour news cycle in sports makes players disappear much faster.

On 12/28/2019 at 3:40 PM, Summer Wheat said:

Wasnt he also adopted by a suburban white family? 

It doesnt mean kaepernick isnt allowed to protest things, but i dont understand why somebody thinks its a random out of left field thing for people to view a man that grew up in suburpia with a white family and has been a millionaire for many years as a person that hasnt exactly had to deal with struggle. 

1 hour ago, parasaurolophus said:

Wasnt he also adopted by a suburban white family? 

It doesnt mean kaepernick isnt allowed to protest things, but i dont understand why somebody thinks its a random out of left field thing for people to view a man that grew up in suburpia with a white family and has been a millionaire for many years as a person that hasnt exactly had to deal with struggle. 

At first I though CK had it rough growing up but that was far from the case as he grew up in an upper middle class area with a white family and maybe he is suffering from some white guilt and culture identity issues that pushed him in a different direction looking for acceptance.

On 12/28/2019 at 8:40 AM, Ghost Rider said:

https://twitter.com/SFY/status/1209600388539863043

@WhitlockJason

says Kaepernick’s new signature shoes are a bad look "Kap is working on behalf of the power at it's highest level by branding himself as some kind of freedom fighter for justice & equality when all he really is, is a brand."

Spot on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Colin Kaepernick‏ @Kaepernick7 7m7 minutes ago

There is nothing new about American terrorist attacks against Black and Brown people for the expansion of American imperialism.

America has always sanctioned and besieged Black and Brown bodies both at home and abroad. America militarism is the weapon wielded by American imperialism, to enforce its policing and plundering of the non white world.

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7

I’d go all crazy and say a bunch of stuff that isn’t true and insane for Nessa too. I’m glad someone has their priorities straight. Get the gurl bruh.

great reply in there.

Can’t wait to see if Nike continues to stick with this clown. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, squistion said:

Colin Kaepernick‏ @Kaepernick7 7m7 minutes ago

There is nothing new about American terrorist attacks against Black and Brown people for the expansion of American imperialism.

America has always sanctioned and besieged Black and Brown bodies both at home and abroad. America militarism is the weapon wielded by American imperialism, to enforce its policing and plundering of the non white world.

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7

If I was running a NFL team, there's no way I would want to deal with this nonsense. Everything is racist, etc. etc.

Sign him up!

Clay Travis responding to CK

Clay Travis

@ClayTravis

First, your shoes are made by black & brown people working for slave wages. You are a modern day slavemaster getting rich off their work. Second, you ignorant dolt, we killed a terrorist who has killed tens of thousands of black & brown people. @nike should be ashamed to pay you.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Clay Travis

@ClayTravis

First, your shoes are made by black & brown people working for slave wages. You are a modern day slavemaster getting rich off their work. Second, you ignorant dolt, we killed a terrorist who has killed tens of thousands of black & brown people. @nike should be ashamed to pay you.

This sums it up.

11 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Clay Travis

@ClayTravis

Looks like Squis deleted his tweet post as it made Kappy look ignorant.   In Kappys defense I would make a wager that Nessa wrote that.

• Like 2

@squistion from @imamofpeace to CK

That brown person you’re mourning had his militia shoot and kill 1500 brown people (innocent Iranian protestors) in just one week. If you really cared about justice you would have thought about them before tweeting this garbage.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Looks like Squis deleted his tweet post as it made Kappy look ignorant.   In Kappys defense I would make a wager that Nessa wrote that.

No, I didn't delete it. Apparently it was one of the mods, however they left up all the posts that quoted me.  :confused:

Edited by squistion