Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Dr. Awesome

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Mine was deleted too, but I called Kaep an unflattering word, so I can see why it got axed. 

Well, then they shouldn't have also deleted the original tweet, since it was Kaep's response or take on the assassination and people have been discussing it both here and in the Current Iran Thread. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, squistion said:

No, I didn't delete it. Apparently it was one of the mods, however they left up all the posts that quoted me.  :confused:

Strange as the tweet was inflammatory but not out of bounds or anything. Head scratcher for sure

• Thanks 1

So, Kaepernick opposing the murder of "brown people" makes him a racist?  

Okie Dokie, Lindsey.   :crazy:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/look-in-the-mirror-lindsey-graham-calls-colin-kaepernick-a-racist-for-opposing-murder-of-brown-people/

‘Look in the mirror’: Lindsey Graham calls Colin Kaepernick a ‘racist’ for opposing murder of ‘brown people’

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) blasted NFL player Colin Kaepernick and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) after they criticized President Donald Trump’s handling of the assassination of Iran military leader Qasem Soleimani.

In a tweet on Saturday, Kaepernick suggested that the attack on Soleimani was part of a history of “American terrorist attacks against Black and Brown people.”

“Yeah, he’s a loser on and off the field,” Graham told Fox News host Maria Bartiromo in an interview that aired on Sunday. “He has no idea what the Iranian regime has done to the region, he has no idea that they have 600 American deaths as a result of IEDs made in Iran and used in Iraq.”

“It’s un-American,” the senator continued. “He’s a racist. If you’re looking for for racism in America, Mr. Kaepernick, look in the mirror. Your country is not the problem! It’s the Iranian and you’re so blinded by your hatred of Trump that you can’t see the difference between who we are and who the Ayatollah is.”

Bartiromo then teed up a softball question, inviting Graham to attack Ocasio-Cortez.

“You do not need congressional authorization to defend troops in the field in harm’s way,” Graham complained. “AOC doesn’t know anything about the law of armed conflict, obviously.”

Earlier in the interview, Graham appeared downright giddy while celebrating the death of Soleimani.

“For the first time in my life time the Iranians are worried about the Americans, not the Americans worried about the Iranians,” he insisted.

1 minute ago, parasaurolophus said:

Rawstory is a great source.

For pro colin propaganda. 

What quote of Lindsay Graham's did they get wrong? 

10 minutes ago, squistion said:

Remember that when you poo poo Breitbart

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HellToupee said:
15 minutes ago, squistion said:

Remember that when you poo poo Breitbart

If a Breitbart is doing nothing but relaying quites from an interview - with minimal commentary, I doubt anyone would blink an eye. It is the outright lies and propaganda in their opinion pieces that are the issue

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Any comment from Nike?

None. Nor would I expect that there would be. 

2 minutes ago, the moops said:

If a Breitbart is doing nothing but relaying quites from an interview - with minimal commentary, I doubt anyone would blink an eye. It is the outright lies and propaganda in their opinion pieces that are the issue

Like this part... "Earlier in the interview, Graham appeared downright giddy while celebrating the death of Soleimani."   

• Like 1

Just now, the moops said:

Kind of like saying that graham was downright giddy earlier in the interview? That is a fabricated claim. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Like this part... "Earlier in the interview, Graham appeared downright giddy while celebrating the death of Soleimani."   

Haha. Started typing and then spilled something i had to clean up. I watched that clip and was like what a complete lie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, parasaurolophus said:

Kind of like saying that graham was downright giddy earlier in the interview? That is a fabricated claim. 

He did not appear giddy. I agree. 

54 minutes ago, squistion said:

None. Nor would I expect that there would be. 

Nike will never say anything as they as a company are one of the biggest exploiters of brown people in the world.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Nike will never say anything as they as a company are one of the biggest exploiters of brown people in the world.

Then why did the poster ask if there had been a comment from Nike if it so self evident?

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, squistion said:

Then why did the poster ask if there had been a comment from Nike if it so self evident?

Nike does not exactly put their sweatshops in their commercials so Maybe the previous poster is not "woke" to Nikes business practices abroad? :shrug: 

Edited by Da Guru
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Carson Wentz out of the playoff game and questionable to return after a concussion. The Eagles hopes now riding on 40 year old Josh McCown, who was brought out of retirement in the offseason. If only Colin Kaepernick had been available...oh, wait...

Edited by squistion
  • Laughing 4

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Carson Wentz out of the playoff game and questionable to return after a concussion. The Eagles hopes now riding on 40 year old Josh McCown, who was brought out of retirement in the offseason. If only Colin Kaepernick had been available...oh, wait...

I was actually out running when i heard on the radio wentz was out. My first thought was i wonder how many people are running to their keyboards to post about how they should have signed colin "foot in the mouth sleep with teammates girlfriends and praise awful foreign leaders suburban lifestyle" kaepernick. 

The answer is probably a lot. 

Hey guys if the Patriots and Saints hadn't played those 40 year old QBs and signed Kaepernick they would have won this weekend.

• Laughing 3

2 hours ago, squistion said:

They needed a QB.  They already have capable RBs.

Good to see people like Megan Kelly and Lindsey Graham stand up to this guy. 

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/lindsey-graham-colin-kaepernick-racist-war-crime-010209040.html

“He’s a loser on and off the field,” Graham said of Kapernick in an interview on “Sunday Morning Futures” on Fox News. “It’s un-American. He’s a racist. If you’re looking for racism in America, Mr. Kaepernick, look in the mirror.”

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lod001 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/lindsey-graham-colin-kaepernick-racist-war-crime-010209040.html

“He’s a loser on and off the field,” Graham said of Kapernick in an interview on “Sunday Morning Futures” on Fox News. “It’s un-American. He’s a racist. If you’re looking for racism in America, Mr. Kaepernick, look in the mirror.”

Good take by Senator Lindsey Graham , imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Is this the same Megan Kelly who had to leave NBC after wondering aloud on her morning show what exactly was wrong with Blackface: “When I was a kid, that was OK, so long as you were dressing up as a character.” 

And then we have her comments when she took issue with the idea that a fictional character could be adapted to fit the needs of children of all races: “For all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white…Just because it makes you feel uncomfortable doesn’t mean it has to change. Jesus was a white man, too.”

Yes indeed, Ms Kelly is the perfect spokesperson for the racism police in calling out Kaepernick.

Is the Colin Kaepernick that's all of a sudden a foreign relations expert the same one that wore pig socks on the job, a ####a Kinte t-shirt to an interview, and has a girlfriend that called his potential boss a racist?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Is the Colin Kaepernick that's all of a sudden a foreign relations expert the same one that wore pig socks on the job, a ####a Kinte t-shirt to an interview, and has a girlfriend that called his potential boss a racist?

Kaepernick perceives a history of foreign policy racism directed against black and brown people as an expansion of American imperialism, which he suggests was a motive in the assassination of Soleimani. Not saying I agree with that, but that appears to be his take.

As with most people of color he has experienced racism first-hand (from interviews I have read) so is probably more qualified to speak on the subject than Megyn Kelly, who I would seriously doubt has ever found being Caucasian a disadvantage (although it is possible).

Given her history of what many have seen as racist viewpoints, Kelly should be probably one of the last people to play the race card against Kaepernick (and I just touched the surface, as there is a lot more out there from her days at Fox: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/10/25/megyn-kelly-nbc-blackface-racist-comments-white-supremacy-column/1760679002/

I am not certain what wearing pig socks, a K. Kinte t-shirt or Nessa's tweets about the Raven's owner have to do with foreign relations, so I won't respond to those seemingly irrelevant points.

Edited by squistion

Is this the same Megan Kelly who had to leave NBC after wondering aloud on her morning show what exactly was wrong with Blackface: “When I was a kid, that was OK, so long as you were dressing up as a character.” 

And then we have her comments when she took issue with the idea that a fictional character could be adapted to fit the needs of children of all races: “For all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white…Just because it makes you feel uncomfortable doesn’t mean it has to change. Jesus was a white man, too.”

Yes indeed, Ms Kelly is the perfect spokesperson for the racism police in calling out Kaepernick.

She’s a big Justin Trudeau & Ralph Northam fan

• Like 2

Is that racism or ignorance?

***Satire Article***

Iran Declines To Sign Colin Kaepernick After Reviewing Workout Video

TEHRAN—Colin Kaepernick sent his workout video to Iran after learning they may have recently opened up a position but has yet to receive a phone call.

Kaepernick condemned American attacks on Iranian terrorists last week, inciting rumors that he may have found a team interested in him in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. But Iranian officials have dispelled the rumors, stating clearly and unequivocally that "we have no interest in signing Kaepernick at this time, but we wish him well in his future endeavors."

"It's disappointing to see that Iran is as hateful as America," a downcast Kaepernick said in a press conference. "I expected to be welcomed as a hero over there, but apparently, they too are biased against people with dark skin." Kaepernick plans to protest Iran's hate by continuing to kneel during the American national anthem.

Iran has clarified that they agree with Kaepernick ideologically, but they need someone who can throw.

https://babylonbee.com/news/iranian-officials-say-they-have-no-interest-in-signing-colin-kapernick

• Like 1

John Lynch has to be GM of the year.  Levi Stadium was rocking today. Kind of sad, Kappy could have been backing up Jimmy G and been along for the Super Bowl ride.

10 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

John Lynch has to be GM of the year.  Levi Stadium was rocking today. Kind of sad, Kappy could have been backing up Jimmy G and been along for the Super Bowl ride.

Chances CK tries to make this about himself and his Nike cause during the run up to the superbowl?

Just now, kodycutter said:

Chances CK tries to make this about himself and his Nike cause during the run up to the superbowl?

Who knows?  Just sad that he blew his NFL career.  Kappy still could have started on a lower level team.

12 hours ago, Da Guru said:

John Lynch has to be GM of the year.  Levi Stadium was rocking today. Kind of sad, Kappy could have been backing up Jimmy G and been along for the Super Bowl ride.

No, he wouldn't. He never would have been Jimmy G's backup. John Lynch is on record in an interview as saying that Kaep left by mutual agreement because he was not a good fit with Shanahan's offensive scheme. 

Edited by squistion

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

No, he wouldn't. He never would have been Jimmy G's backup. John Lynch is on record in an interview as saying that Kaep left by mutual agreement because he was not a good fit with Shanahan's offensive scheme

It requires you to be able to hit open receivers, not the staff on the sidelines. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

No, he wouldn't. He never would have been Jimmy G's backup. John Lynch is on record in an interview as saying that Kaep left by mutual agreement because he was not a good fit with Shanahan's offensive scheme. 

Maybe so.  Looks like Lynch has made all the right moves then.

• Like 2

I thought that Anquan Boldin commercial this weekend was really powerful. Be the change you want to see.  He is doing it right. 

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I thought that Anquan Boldin commercial this weekend was really powerful. Be the change you want to see.  He is doing it right. 

I agree. Boldin is well respected by all and was a good choice.:thumbup:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

It requires you to be able to hit open receivers, not the staff on the sidelines. 

Does it? Jimmy threw a mere 8 passes in their butt kick of the Packers in the NFC title game.

Colin Kaepernick‏ @Kaepernick7 42m42 minutes ago

I will remember Kobe as a basketball legend,a father & a man. Watching him & Gigi share their relationship with us is something I won’t ever forget. My heart aches for his wife, children & family. I hope the waves of love being sent to his family can ease some of the pain they feel.

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/1221599710059868160

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/10/oliver-luck-colin-kaepernicks-salary-requirements-were-exorbitant/

Oliver Luck: Colin Kaepernick’s salary requirements were “exorbitant”

Posted by Mike Florio on February 10, 2020, 10:03 AM EST

The XFL debuted this week with limited star power. Which could make it harder for the XFL to sustain an initial burst of rubbernecking from sports audiences who currently have limited sports to audience.

One star player that isn’t in the XFL (or the NFL) is Colin Kaepernick. XFL Commissioner Oliver Luck recently explained the resurrected spring league’s position on Kaepernick in an interview with NPR.

“We gave it some thought,” Luck said of the possibility of signing Kaepernick, via NBC Sports Bay Area. “We have some pretty significant salary restrictions, you know. We’re a start-up league, so we want to make sure that we can be fiscally responsible and fiscally prudent. And the salary requirements that some folks shared with us were in our case exorbitant, so we couldn’t go down that path. . . . We spoke with his representative, and the salary requirements that were broached in that conversation were exorbitant and certainly out of our range.”

It was reported last year that Kaepernick wanted $20 million from the now-defunct AAF and from the XFL. That’s $2 million per game, which is what top NFL quarterbacks make on a 16-game season.

While that’s a lot, the question becomes whether the XFL would make more than $20 million by having Kaepernick on the roster. Apart from the simple dollars-in, dollars-out analysis that would be driven by tickets and jerseys and other merchandise, the publicity that the league would generate with Kaepernick on a roster has value, too. As argued last year, Kaepernick ultimately would be worth the $20 million to a football league looking to maximize revenue and interest.

So what if Kaepernick were to drop his salary demands?

“I don’t know,” Luck said. “That was well over a year ago, so I don’t know what kind of shape, you know, Colin is in. And, you know, we haven’t followed that because obviously, again, we want the best players who are interested in playing in our league. That’s, you know, pretty much a requisite for our job.”

To be interested in playing in the XFL, Kaepernick would have to be willing to abandon his anthem protests, since the XFL (unlike the NFL) requires all players to stand for the anthem. But there’s no reason to think it will ever get to that point; the XFL is being careful when it comes to money spent — which means it won’t be spending significant money on available professional players like Kaepernick or college players like Trevor Lawrence, who for the right price surely would have considered giving up playing football for free for another year while he awaits eligibility for the NFL draft.

Can't believe how many folks I've heard say they stopped watching football because of the kneeling stuff.

Just insane.

There are good reasons to stop watching football, such as the fact that it's a brutal sport that chews players up and spits them out.

It's a little bit strange for Oliver Luck to go public about salary discussions. Why risk potentially offending Kaepernick's supporters? What's the upside?

:lmao: nobody is going to get 20mil to play in the XFL. Average salaries are around 50k. 

Of course if it’s not about money, and it’s about proving yourself as a player and/or getting your message out......

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

It's a little bit strange for Oliver Luck to go public about salary discussions. Why risk potentially offending Kaepernick's supporters? What's the upside?

I wondered that too. I don't think it's like Luck called up the newspaper and wanted to make sure they knew his position. My guess is this was something he was asked and he answered. 

I don't know Mr. Luck but knowing of his son, my guess is he's highly intelligent. I'd say he was likely just being truthful. He has to protect the league from looking like they wouldn't give Kaepernick a chance. My guess is he's telling the truth and the best thing there is to tell the truth and say it exactly like he did. They talked about it but they couldn't get close on salary terms. 

4 hours ago, adonis said:

Can't believe how many folks I've heard say they stopped watching football because of the kneeling stuff.

Just insane.

There are good reasons to stop watching football, such as the fact that it's a brutal sport that chews players up and spits them out.

How many folks have said that to you recently?

6 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

How many folks have said that to you recently?

Yeah, NFL viewership boosted this year up 5% and largest audience since 2016.  He's right though the decline started with the kneeling stuff.  It seems to have corrected itself now they don't allow it anymore.

7 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

Maybe kaepernick supporters were questioning why they hadnt brought Colin in?

19 hours ago, tonydead said:

Yeah, NFL viewership boosted this year up 5% and largest audience since 2016.  He's right though the decline started with the kneeling stuff.  It seems to have corrected itself now they don't allow it anymore.

Kenny Stills was kneeling during the playoffs 

• Thanks 1