Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Colin Kaepernick Thread - Kaep and NFL reach grievance settlement resolution.

Just now, sho nuff said:

I said I was wrong...FFS.  

The conversation was related to ratings though...there is no spin, that was the big picture.

The conversation was how he thought kneeling had an effect on ratings. 

You countered this point with barely anybody kneeled last year and ratings were down. 

You didn't post those as two independent thoughts. 

15 hours ago, squistion said:

Don't try to confuse him with the facts.

And what facts are those? The statement was incorrect as ratings are up this season.

Edited by Da Guru

Jemele Hill @jemelehill 2h2 hours ago

.@TheAtlantic ranked the 50-most destructive moments of Donald Trump’s presidency. I wrote about his consistent attacks on black athletes, which came in at #6 #TrumpUnthinkable

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/01/why-trump-targeted-colin-kaepernick/579628/

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/NFL/scoring.htm

It's hilarious that 2017 was the lowest points per team since 2009.  You have teams like the Steelers who openly admitted in 2017 the anthem protests were a distraction:  https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/09/26/steelers-national-anthem-nfl-protests-ben-roethlisberger-mike-tomlin/stories/201709260140

The five year average in points per team prior from 2013-2017 was 22.6.  2018 ppt was 23.3.  Supposedly fans got really excited by that extra half of a FG per game this year :mellow:

21 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/NFL/scoring.htm

It's hilarious that 2017 was the lowest points per team since 2009.  You have teams like the Steelers who openly admitted in 2017 the anthem protests were a distraction:  https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/09/26/steelers-national-anthem-nfl-protests-ben-roethlisberger-mike-tomlin/stories/201709260140

The five year average in points per team prior from 2013-2017 was 22.6.  2018 ppt was 23.3.  Supposedly fans got really excited by that extra half of a FG per game this year :mellow:

I cant say that you are definitively wrong in your stance that the kneeling had a big effect on ratings. I think we are dealing with too small of a sample size and there are other things to consider, but you could be very well be right.

Last year of course the counter to your argument was how people were cutting the cable, consuming differently, etc etc. So obviously this year with the ratings going back up they had to change course. 

I can say for certain that it didnt affect my watching of games, but it absolutely affected the amount of sports radio I listened to. Plenty of times I changed the station because I got sick of the political discussion. So it doesnt seem too crazy for me to think that at least some people may have tuned out a bit from games. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

I cant say that you are definitively wrong in your stance that the kneeling had a big effect on ratings. I think we are dealing with too small of a sample size and there are other things to consider, but you could be very well be right.

Last year of course the counter to your argument was how people were cutting the cable, consuming differently, etc etc. So obviously this year with the ratings going back up they had to change course. 

I can say for certain that it didnt affect my watching of games, but it absolutely affected the amount of sports radio I listened to. Plenty of times I changed the station because I got sick of the political discussion. So it doesnt seem too crazy for me to think that at least some people may have tuned out a bit from games. 

Agree...someone kneeling will never impact me watching anything. It is irrelevant to me if I want to watch a game. They don`t even show the NA anymore so if the media did not cover it nobody would even know. Kappy sat for 2 previous games before anyone noticed. This year they stopped covering it because it is only a couple player and nobody talks about.

Sports Radio has lots of hours of airtime to fill so they need any kind of story to talk about.

Edited by Da Guru

33 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Agree...someone kneeling will never impact me watching anything. It is irrelevant to me if I want to watch a game. They don`t even show the NA anymore so if the media did not cover it nobody would even know. Kappy sat for 2 previous games before anyone noticed. This year they stopped covering it because it is only a couple player and nobody talks about.

Sports Radio has lots of hours of airtime to fill so they need any kind of story to talk about.

Sports radio hasnt had any trouble filling time this year. 

23 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Barely anyone kneeled last year and ratings were down. 

More blatant falsehoods.  

:lmao:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonydead said:

More blatant falsehoods.  

:lmao:

Reading through it again it is just as funny second time around. 

It was actually very trump like. Make something up, get blind support from your side, and then dig in and refuse to acknowledge the truth. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Reading through it again it is just as funny second time around. 

It was actually very trump like. Make something up, get blind support from your side, and then dig in and refuse to acknowledge the truth. 

Except multiple times I acknowledged I was wrong.  Yet you keep going and tony chimes in after all of that happened.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Except multiple times I acknowledged I was wrong.  Yet you keep going and tony chimes in after all of that happened.

Wat?

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

Sho..you did say you were wrong a number of times.  It happens. 

The funny thing is in this thread Squid will try to correct any error that does not fit his narrative but an error he agrees with will be let go.

6 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

The funny thing is in this thread Squid will try to correct any error that does not fit his narrative but an error he agrees with will be let go.

Let it go?  He responded to it with this:

On 1/13/2019 at 7:17 PM, squistion said:

Neither of these guys even think before they post.  Knee jerk reactive posting to anything that fits their narrative.  It's trolling at it's finest if you can convince yourself they are smart enough to understand what they are doing.

11 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

No he didnt.

First he tried to make it seem like it was only the one week because trump said something. 

Then he replied with this...

I’m going to stand by this was another made up crisis and ratings fell across all major sports and anyone trying to equate ratings this year and last to kneeling is doing so without actual facts and evidence.  

I had forgotten about the reaction to Trumps nonsense to start the year...that’s it.

Doubling down on it only being the trump reaction. Completely ignoring it went on for weeks before that(which makes logical sense since what exactly would trump be complaining about if nobody was kneeling? You see that guy over there? He would be a real SOB if he was on one knee!). Also ignoring that it continued for the rest of the year and of course when the texans did it in response to their owners comments and huge numbers of 49ers doing it and all sorts of other incidents. 

Then there is this nugget...

Ive moved no goal posts...I was wrong in saying that part of it...the overall point was about the ratings though.  That part was painfully obvious in the conversation.

And someone who is in this thread daily arguing with squis probably shouldn't be bashing anyone else's posts as ridiculous, stupid or dumb.  HTH

Once again with the "that part of it" business. He also tries to make some big picture argument. There was no big picture post from him. It isnt like I cherry picked one little sentence from 3 paragraphs. HE LITERALLY TYPED ONE SENTENCE. That's it. Overall point???? How can you make an overall point out of one single incorrect sentence and then try to claim it was painfully obvious??? That is some next level delusion right there. Then of course in addition he tries to deflect by making up more garbage by saying I am in this thread daily arguing with squis. This thread often goes days without posts. But you know, "facts". 

Then we get where he says this...

The conversation was related to ratings though...there is no spin, that was the big picture.

This is baloney. No he didn't. He said he was wrong about one little made up part. Then he totally shifted the narrative to this whole big picture nonsense. He is only trying to play this card now so he can act like a victim. 

So no, Sho Nuff has not admitted he was wrong. He has simply tried to move the goalposts and tried to say oh yeah, I forgot about the trump part and now I will pretend the preseason and all the other weeks don't exist and say I was making a painfully obvious point that I didn't actually type at all, but was painfully obvious. 

Next week's topic...

S-Colin kaepernick has more passing yards than any other QB!

P-No he doesnt. He isnt even in the top 50 and isn't even top 5 for the 49ers! 

S-I forgot how good of a rushing QB he was. My overall point though was about how passing statistics are up around the league. 

P-So you admit you were wrong?

S-Dude, I already did, quit picking on me. 

33 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

No he didnt.

First he tried to make it seem like it was only the one week because trump said something. 

Then he replied with this...

Doubling down on it only being the trump reaction. Completely ignoring it went on for weeks before that(which makes logical sense since what exactly would trump be complaining about if nobody was kneeling? You see that guy over there? He would be a real SOB if he was on one knee!). Also ignoring that it continued for the rest of the year and of course when the texans did it in response to their owners comments and huge numbers of 49ers doing it and all sorts of other incidents. 

Then there is this nugget...

Once again with the "that part of it" business. He also tries to make some big picture argument. There was no big picture post from him. It isnt like I cherry picked one little sentence from 3 paragraphs. HE LITERALLY TYPED ONE SENTENCE. That's it. Overall point???? How can you make an overall point out of one single incorrect sentence and then try to claim it was painfully obvious??? That is some next level delusion right there. Then of course in addition he tries to deflect by making up more garbage by saying I am in this thread daily arguing with squis. This thread often goes days without posts. But you know, "facts". 

Then we get where he says this...

This is baloney. No he didn't. He said he was wrong about one little made up part. Then he totally shifted the narrative to this whole big picture nonsense. He is only trying to play this card now so he can act like a victim. 

So no, Sho Nuff has not admitted he was wrong. He has simply tried to move the goalposts and tried to say oh yeah, I forgot about the trump part and now I will pretend the preseason and all the other weeks don't exist and say I was making a painfully obvious point that I didn't actually type at all, but was painfully obvious. 

Next week's topic...

S-Colin kaepernick has more passing yards than any other QB!

P-No he doesnt. He isnt even in the top 50 and isn't even top 5 for the 49ers! 

S-I forgot how good of a rushing QB he was. My overall point though was about how passing statistics are up around the league. 

P-So you admit you were wrong?

S-Dude, I already did, quit picking on me. 

I did say I was wrong...first said forgot about one part...then actually said I was wrong.

You come off looking very petty here...like the two that keep posting about me in this thread that just can't help themselves.

I said I was wrong...I was wrong...is that enough for you yet para?

Or are you just going to keep freakin going?

On 1/14/2019 at 7:29 AM, sho nuff said:

I’m going to stand by this was another made up crisis and ratings fell across all major sports and anyone trying to equate ratings this year and last to kneeling is doing so without actual facts and evidence.  

I had forgotten about the reaction to Trumps nonsense to start the year...that’s it.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:04 AM, sho nuff said:

Ive moved no goal posts...I was wrong in saying that part of it...the overall point was about the ratings though.  That part was painfully obvious in the conversation.

And someone who is in this thread daily arguing with squis probably shouldn't be bashing anyone else's posts as ridiculous, stupid or dumb.  HTH

On 1/14/2019 at 8:51 AM, sho nuff said:

3 freaking times admitted my error.  Yet...here we are...lets go another page.  Im sure tony and wreck will be along to laugh and complain about me too.

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I did say I was wrong...first said forgot about one part...then actually said I was wrong.

You come off looking very petty here...like the two that keep posting about me in this thread that just can't help themselves.

It is just his usually trolling of this thread to clutter it up with argumentative posts.  :coffee:

17 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

So passive aggressive.  You spent half your day yesterday arguing with facts until you finally admitted you were wrong.  And :lmao: at your saying anyone comes off petty.  Mirror dude.  Invest in one.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, squistion said:

It is just his usually trolling of this thread to clutter it up with argumentative posts.  :coffee:

Trolling?  You posted this tripe to "blatant falsehoods":

There is no point what so ever to post "Don't try and confuse him with facts" other than to troll.  Especially when your account of the facts were dead wrong.  You both look incredibly stupid here.  

Edited by tonydead
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Trolling?  You posted this tripe to "blatant falsehoods":

There is no point what so ever to post "Don't try and confuse him with facts" other than to troll.  Especially when your account of the facts were dead wrong.  You both look incredibly stupid here.  

:goodposting:

I would think for someone obsessed with this issue, you would know when players were kneeling or not.  

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

I certainly have no need to keep going, well at least regarding you. Time to move on to Joe Friday. 

On 9/7/2017 at 12:18 PM, squistion said:

With multiple players now participating, such as the 10 players in Cleveland who were praying/kneeling in the last preseason game, it doesn't seem like this is going away any time soon. To the extent that people will actually stop watching the games as a consequence remains to be seen.

Interesting. A post from 2017 regarding multiple players kneeling. 

"Facts"

• Like 1

On 10/29/2017 at 3:13 PM, squistion said:

Michael  @MichaelSkolnik 1m1 minute ago

10 Houston Texans stood during the national anthem.

The rest of the team took a knee.

Members of the Seahawks, the opposing team, sat.

https://twitter.com/MichaelSkolnik/status/924731594136604673

Could you explain further in detail what happened here? Did players kneel? IN 2017?!?!?!?!?!? No way. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 10:16 PM, squistion said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/09/24/donald-trump-nfl-player-protests-national-anthem-week-3-response/697609001/

NFL player protests sweep league after President Donald Trump's hostile remarks

NFL players responded in full force Sunday after President Trump repeatedly called for swift punishment against those who chose to protest by not standing during the national anthem.

Demonstrations spread throughout the league as many players broke out of their routine by joining the protests or engaging in team-wide displays of unity. The Associated Press estimated 204 players elected to either kneel or sit during the anthem.

Several players from the Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, New York Giants, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints and Atlanta Falcons were among those who chose not to stand for the anthem. The Miami Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets, Los Angeles Chargers, Green Bay Packers and Washington Redskins stood with arms locked, though some players from those teams chose to kneel.

Included in the group of players who protested: Julius Peppers, who did not to join his Carolina Panthers teammates on the sideline; LeSean McCoy, who stretched during the anthem before the Bills game; and Adrian Peterson, who was one of several Saints players to remain seat.

Sixteen Patriots players took a knee during the anthem. Quarterback Tom Brady stood and locked arms with teammates.

In Sunday's first game, several players from the Baltimore Ravens and Jacksonville Jaguars either knelt or locked arms on their respective sidelines in solidarity during the national anthem at Wembley Stadium.  Included among them was Jags owner Shahid Khan, who locked arms with tight end Mercedes Lewis and linebacker Telvin Smith.

Khan was one of seven owners to donate $1 million to President Donald Trump’s inauguration festivities. Also kneeling with Baltimore was former Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis.

Owners Stephen Ross (Dolphins), Martha Ford (Lions), Jeffrey Lurie (Eagles), Christopher Johnson (Jets) and Dean Spanos (Chargers) also joined their respective teams during the anthem.

The Pittsburgh Steelers chose not to have players on the sideline during the anthem before a game against the Chicago Bears. The Seattle Seahawks and Tennesssee Titans followed suit in their game later in the afternoon.

A league executive told USA TODAY Sports that although players are required to be present for the national anthem, no fines would be handed down for those who were absent.

A league executive told USA TODAY Sports that although players are required to be present for the national anthem, no fines would be handed down for those who were absent.

"We're not going to play politics. We're football players, we're football coaches," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "We're not participating in the anthem today - not to be disrespectful to the anthem, but to remove ourselves from the circumstance.

"People shouldn't have to choose. If a guy wants to go about his normal business and participate in the anthem, he shouldn't be forced to choose sides. If a guy feels the need to do something, he shouldn't be separated from his teammate who chooses not to."

Multiple members of the Dolphins wore shirts that read "#IMWITHKAP," referencing former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, before their game against the New York Jets. Kaepernick, who began the protests last year by choosing not to stand during the anthem and remains a free agent, said he wanted to speak out against racial injustice and police brutality. 

This is a very detailed post about some of the kneeling of 2017. Thanks for presenting the "facts" here squistion. 

Edited by parasaurolophus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, squistion said:

You never corrected the attendance fact that was wrong even though you knew it was wrong. Then when the thread is dead you throw in a tweet form some unknown writer. You always prove me correct when I say..you are good at what you do. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, squistion said:

"Troll, troll, troll your boat..."

Sing to yourself brother...you are the captain of that boat.

Edited by Da Guru
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

1 hour ago, squistion said:

"Troll, troll, troll your boat..."

When the boys you used to hate you date, 
I guess you best investigate 
the facts of life, you gotta get'em right 
the facts of life, 
the facts of life, 
the facts of life 

On 1/14/2019 at 10:00 AM, Da Guru said:

How is that lawsuit going against the LVPD? They should have sued Bennett after he was caught lying.

Not a peep from any of the posters in here who immediately believed him and flipped out crying racism.

They just act like it never happened  :lol:

10 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Not a peep from any of the posters in here who immediately believed him and flipped out crying racism.

They just act like it never happened  :lol:

Bennett lies to the police, shoves a security guard in NE, cheap shots Larry Warford in the victory formation trying to rip his helmet off, then has a confrontation with a cameraman just doing his job on the field after the game.   Not a peep about any of that.

Jordan Dajani @JDnumba3

Michael Bennett trying to rip someone’s head off on a kneel down. Just a Michael Bennett thing.

7:50 PM - Jan 13, 2019

Edited by Da Guru

Mods, please change this thread title to "One Desperate Guy's Quest To Push A Narrative, And The Trolls Who Stalk Him".

Also, please lock the thread and permaban anyone who posted more than 20 times in it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

Mods, please change this thread title to "One Desperate Guy's Quest To Push A Narrative, And The Trolls Who Stalk Him".

Also, please lock the thread and permaban anyone who posted more than 20 times in it.

This is the best thread on the board Jo Jo.  Nobody gets all pissed off like the Trump threads. Squid enjoys it..everytime it drops down he bumps it and it is off to the races again.

Edited by Da Guru

Conflicting reports:

Complex‏ @Complex 14h14 hours ago

Travis Scott spoke to Colin Kaepernick about his upcoming Super Bowl halftime gig and sources say "they emerged from the conversation with mutual respect and understanding." https://trib.al/NJPrXkk

TMZ‏ @TMZ 2h2 hours ago

Colin Kaepernick Calls BS, Never Consulted with Travis Scott on Super Bowl

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/16/colin-kaepernick-travis-scott-super-bowl/

15 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

Please don't lock this thread.  Don't want to see all this crap posted in the SP thread again. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ridicule said:

Please don't lock this thread.  Don't want to see all this crap posted in the SP thread again. 

Why would it be locked?  This is a good thread with lots of good banter in it.

17 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Bennett lies to the police, shoves a security guard in NE, cheap shots Larry Warford in the victory formation trying to rip his helmet off, then has a confrontation with a cameraman just doing his job on the field after the game.   Not a peep about any of that.

Jordan Dajani @JDnumba3

Michael Bennett trying to rip someone’s head off on a kneel down. Just a Michael Bennett thing.

7:50 PM - Jan 13, 2019

Please allow me.  F that guy.  Falsely crying police brutality or misconduct is disgusting, and anyone who violates the victory formation unwritten rules should be drawn and quartered.  Especially against the Saints.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, squistion said:

Conflicting reports:

Complex‏ @Complex 14h14 hours ago

Travis Scott spoke to Colin Kaepernick about his upcoming Super Bowl halftime gig and sources say "they emerged from the conversation with mutual respect and understanding." https://trib.al/NJPrXkk

TMZ‏ @TMZ 2h2 hours ago

Colin Kaepernick Calls BS, Never Consulted with Travis Scott on Super Bowl

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/16/colin-kaepernick-travis-scott-super-bowl/

Kaep is probably lying since nessa is hot on this cause. 

Funny how colin works for the company that supplies nfl jerseys. Weird lines indeed. 

10 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Please allow me.  F that guy.  Falsely crying police brutality or misconduct is disgusting, and anyone who violates the victory formation unwritten rules should be drawn and quartered.  Especially against the Saints.

Larry Warford is an Ex-Lion and great guy too!

1 minute ago, Da Guru said:

Larry Warford is an Ex-Lion and great guy too!

In all seriousness, he grabbed the back of the helmet momentarily during a swim move and let go immediately when the whistle blew.  It was overly aggressive, but if Drew fumbles the snap and he gets back there, maybe he gets the ball.  

But as much as Warford's been banged up this season, including multiple concussions, one of which he got during the last Eagles game, and as important as he is to the offense, Bennett's on my list of jerks for that play.

I love Warford, but it would be a good idea for him to retire after this season.

8 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

In all seriousness, he grabbed the back of the helmet momentarily during a swim move and let go immediately when the whistle blew.  It was overly aggressive, but if Drew fumbles the snap and he gets back there, maybe he gets the ball.  

But as much as Warford's been banged up this season, including multiple concussions, one of which he got during the last Eagles game, and as important as he is to the offense, Bennett's on my list of jerks for that play.

I love Warford, but it would be a good idea for him to retire after this season.

Warford has been a solid player when healthy and he is only 27. I remember he graded out as one of the best run blockers in the league one year when he was with the Lions.

20 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Warford has been a solid player when healthy and he is only 27. I remember he graded out as one of the best run blockers in the league one year when he was with the Lions.

Yeah, he's amazing.  Love the guy and he's absolutely essential to the team.

He also, I think, had three concussions this year.  That's really dangerous.

4 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Yeah, he's amazing.  Love the guy and he's absolutely essential to the team.

He also, I think, had three concussions this year.  That's really dangerous.

Did not know that...3 concussions in one season is not good for future health. Funny that FF players only know when skill players are injured.  nobody cares about the grunts in the offensive trenches.

3 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Did not know that...3 concussions in one season is not good for future health. Funny that FF players only know when skill players are injured.  nobody cares about the grunts in the offensive trenches.

That's actually the worst part - he didn't get designations for games.  He got knocked out of at least two (I think three) games and was back by the next game.

6 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

That's actually the worst part - he didn't get designations for games.  He got knocked out of at least two (I think three) games and was back by the next game.

How’d you find out about Worford’s concussions? I don’t even remember him going into the protocol. I remember Unger having to, but not Worford. Not doubting, just wondering what source you’ve read.

26 minutes ago, Doug B said:

How’d you find out about Worford’s concussions? I don’t even remember him going into the protocol. I remember Unger having to, but not Worford. Not doubting, just wondering what source you’ve read.

Watching the games. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/saintswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/18/saints-rg-larry-warford-exits-eagles-blowout-evaluated-for-possible-concussion/amp/

It’s certainly possible he didn’t have concussions, but he was definitely repeatedly evaluated during games this season.  I could well be misremembering   He had one at the end of last season, too  

Edited by Henry Ford

Whitlock gets it: 

Speak For Yourself‏Verified account @SFY 4h4 hours ago

Whitlock: Colin Kaepernick is not a serious activist fighting for racial equality, he just wants to be famous.

• Like 2