What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB James Conner, ARZ (2 Viewers)

It's a tough choice for sure.

What I don't like about Conner's situation (lack of commitment to the run at times) is what I love about Chubb's situation (commitment to the run). CLE pounds the rock even when Chubb is getting stuffed. His statline always looks horrible midway through the game. Then he busts one for 25. 

All things being equal, I'd have to go Conner. And I think there's a decent chance it's more "equal" this week in terms of touches.
Agreed, the game script doesn't appear to affect Chubb quite as much, he gets lots of touches regardless. That said, his efficiency is a little weird, he had something like 18/30 at one point which was terrifyingly bad against the Bengals, but ended up with 28/84/1 plus the receiving, almost like they were determined to stuff the run and were daring Mayfield to beat them.

On the other hand, I dread seeing Pitt even down one score because you know that means Ben will be throwing. It's like when teams get to the goalline these days, they run once, then give up and pass the remaining downs. Another worry has been the receiving for Conner has disappeared, and I can't figure that out. They were down big against the Jags, where were the screens and dump-offs to Conner with Jags defending deep? I mean Ben had 3 picks and could have had several more pushing the ball down the field. All gone a bit wonky since the Bell news was finalized. I hope it changes for the better this week. I'm probably giving Conner another start, just need to figure whether to bench DJ or Chubb.

Agreed, the game script doesn't appear to affect Chubb quite as much, he gets lots of touches regardless. That said, his efficiency is a little weird, he had something like 18/30 at one point which was terrifyingly bad against the Bengals, but ended up with 28/84/1 plus the receiving, almost like they were determined to stuff the run and were daring Mayfield to beat them.

On the other hand, I dread seeing Pitt even down one score because you know that means Ben will be throwing. It's like when teams get to the goalline these days, they run once, then give up and pass the remaining downs. Another worry has been the receiving for Conner has disappeared, and I can't figure that out. They were down big against the Jags, where were the screens and dump-offs to Conner with Jags defending deep? I mean Ben had 3 picks and could have had several more pushing the ball down the field. All gone a bit wonky since the Bell news was finalized. I hope it changes for the better this week. I'm probably giving Conner another start, just need to figure whether to bench DJ or Chubb.
No way I’m benching Connor for DJ. Connor had two tough road games and should rebound nicely this week 

James Conner was forced from Week 13 against the Chargers with a right leg injury.

Conner went to the locker room after getting rolled up on late in the fourth quarter. He had 74 total yards and two touchdowns before exiting. This has the looks of an injury the may force Conner to miss some time. The Steelers are down to Jaylen Samuels at running back.

Dec 2 - 11:23 PM

Wow.  That would be great news if true.  
Bramel and Chao saying it looks like a dreaded high ankle sprain. I hope they are wrong. Some reports on Twitter said Connor walked out of the locker room and told people he was fine. We shall see if he can practice later in the week.  

Bramel and Chao saying it looks like a dreaded high ankle sprain. I hope they are wrong. Some reports on Twitter said Connor walked out of the locker room and told people he was fine. We shall see if he can practice later in the week.  
At least I havent seen the standard "xxx was seen with a walking boot on leaving the stadium" yet.

This is gonna be tough on Conner owners.  You would think that most are probably in the playoffs, and probably will never sniff Samuel on waivers.  And, theyre playing Oakland on Sunday.

https://articles.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2018/12/james_conner_injury_vs_chargers.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Still sitting in his locker room chair, talking to a teammate, Conner rubbed a mark above his right ankle. Running backs coach James Saxon paused on his way out of the room and took a couple steps toward Conner, who motioned to his leg and mouthed aloud "... it's all good."

Head coach Mike Tomlin said he has a lower leg contusion.

With Roosevelt Nix following quickly behind him, Conner walked - not limped - out of the locker room.

If so that would be awesome. I really need him next week vs Oakland. The fact he wasn't wearing a boot has to be good news, no?
Agreed on not wearing a boot, and no limp walking out of the locker room is encouraging. I’ll feel good about his chances of playing if he’s at least practicing on a limited basis by Thursday.  

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 14m14 minutes ago

More

On #Steelers RB James Conner: My understanding is the injury is not to his ankle and not considered major at all. Coach Mike Tomlin called it a contusion and it seems like he'll be OK, based on early impressions. How much it swells will be telling.

I fully expect him to sit out practice Wed, if he sits Thursday, we're all ####ed. 

If he is a GTD, my backup is Alshon Jeffrey :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
fantasycurse42 said:
I was happy they lost after he went down, they absolutely need this game. 
Agreed. He ran well when fed properly, looks to me like a much more dynamic runner than Samuels. Then again maybe i'm just a salty scared Conner FF owner who just cut Samuels for Ware after holding onto him for a month just in case and is praying Conner is ok.

Ray Fittipaldo (@rayfitt1)

12/3/18, 10:59 AM

James Conner just limped through the locker room on his way to 2 pm team meeting. Did not speak with reporters

I don't think he plays this week. 

Let's compare who has the biggest downgrade (I also lost Hunt against Oak last week in another league, FML)

My two flex spots are now between:

James Conner, Sony Michel, Gus Edwards, Alshon Jeffrey, Marlon Mack, Chris Carson, & Chris Godwin.

Losing Conner in one of those spots is such a disgusting downgrade!! 

So my downgrade is prob in the ballpark of 15 points.

I don't think he plays this week. 

Let's compare who has the biggest downgrade (I also lost Hunt against Oak last week in another league, FML)

My two flex spots are now between:

James Conner, Sony Michel, Gus Edwards, Alshon Jeffrey, Marlon Mack, Chris Carson, & Chris Godwin.

Losing Conner in one of those spots is such a disgusting downgrade!! 

So my downgrade is prob in the ballpark of 15 points.
Yeah Im praying I can get Samuels on waivers but with very little bidding bucks left I doubt I will. So now I am looking at starting Mack or Justin Jackson at RB2 instead of Conner vs a team that won 7 games in a row. Its a huge loss. I really hope he plays. Even if I get Samuels Im not sure if hes just plug and play.

Yeah Im praying I can get Samuels on waivers but with very little bidding bucks left I doubt I will. So now I am looking at starting Mack or Justin Jackson at RB2 instead of Conner vs a team that won 7 games in a row. Its a huge loss. I really hope he plays. Even if I get Samuels Im not sure if hes just plug and play.
I have no chance at Samuels. I'm ####ed.

To have any chance, I need 100 points out of Evans, Thielen, CMC, Fournette (24 catches, 500 yards, 4 TDs). I ####### hate fantasy football!

Dr Chao said HAS, he's been wrong before but he seems to get 90+% right
I'd think he'd be in a boot if it was a HAS, no?

I watched it 15x, I don't really see his ankle rolling or being crushed. Also looked like the trainers were looking at his tibia when he was on the field. 

Honestly, I have no ####### clue, but this sucks so bad!! 

I'd think he'd be in a boot if it was a HAS, no?

I watched it 15x, I don't really see his ankle rolling or being crushed. Also looked like the trainers were looking at his tibia when he was on the field. 

Honestly, I have no ####### clue, but this sucks so bad!! 
I cant imagine why he WOULDNT be in a boot if he had a HAS.

I cant imagine why he WOULDNT be in a boot if he had a HAS.
I think too many people are overreacting to the news of him limping into the meeting room. It’s less than 24 hours after the game, so let’s see where he’s at Thurs/Fri The fact that he’s not in a boot should absolutely rule out high ankle sprain. At this point, that diagnosis would be known and out there. I know it’s not good news, but if he does miss time, it will most likely only be one game. Smart Connor owners should have rostered Samuels a few weeks ago, and although he’s not a polished runner, he’s a great receiver out of the backfield and is facing an abysmal defense 

Conner owner, I did have him handcuffed but I dropped him for Ware. I have a bye for 14 but I am still contemplating blowing all my faab (36%) on Samuels to play defense against the other owners in my league. Might come back to bite me with that hot WW grab after week 14 or 15 but it's a deep league and I would never forgive myself if Samuels is the reason I lost. 

The bad news: my main lottery ticket this year may not be able to go this week.  

The good news: my secondary lottery ticket (Lindsay) is trending as an RB1 lately!

started Golladay over Lindsay last week, so I will still find a way to screw this up I’m sure.  

For once I actually have Conners handcuff sitting on my bench, but I’m just not sure how I would feel about putting Samuels into my lineup tbh. That limping report doesn’t make me more concerned, still think he plays. Injuries like this often seem to be at their worst 1 day after 

I guess no news is good news?  This Dr Chao guy had spouted all day about it being a HAS, but concedes you cant tell by video.  I cant believe that if he had any type sprain that he would be in a boot.

For once I actually have Conners handcuff sitting on my bench, but I’m just not sure how I would feel about putting Samuels into my lineup tbh. That limping report doesn’t make me more concerned, still think he plays. Injuries like this often seem to be at their worst 1 day after 
exactly

For someone who has both Conner and Samuels, I'd have no problems declaring Conner out and getting fully healthy for week 15 (assuming I make it there  ;) )

For someone who has both Conner and Samuels, I'd have no problems declaring Conner out and getting fully healthy for week 15 (assuming I make it there  ;) )
Id be weary of that. I can see Samuels putting up 50% of what Conner put up. Sort of like Hunt/Ware owners thinking they wouldn't miss a beat when Hunt was released.

The Steelers have one of the highest pass/run ratios in the league. If they didn't run the ball with Conner, what makes you think they would all of a sudden do so with a RB/FB/TE hybrid?

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

More

#Steelers RB James Conner is out this week, coach Mike Tomlin tells reporters. The tests came back and showed it was more serious than their initial read. He now describes it as a sprain, not a contusion.

Id be weary of that. I can see Samuels putting up 50% of what Conner put up. Sort of like Hunt/Ware owners thinking they wouldn't miss a beat when Hunt was released.

The Steelers have one of the highest pass/run ratios in the league. If they didn't run the ball with Conner, what makes you think they would all of a sudden do so with a RB/FB/TE hybrid?
Doesn’t Sam catch the ball? 

Users who are viewing this thread