What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Mock Draft 1 week away (1 Viewer)

twood

Footballguy
1 week to go.

I use to do 3 mocks but have just decided to do 1 this year (use to be Blackjacks on the board)

This is when it all starts. All the smoke screens and BS........The best time of the year

Here is the way I see it with 1 team being active. I am sure there will be more trades but Tenn is set up very well to make a few moves down.

3 rbs in the top 12, 3 qbs in round 1 and 7 cbs taken.

Best picks Cincy, Indy and Seattle. All 3 would be ecstatic to get these players 

1 guarantee is Buffalo will take a wr with their first pick and I see it being Williams.

Rip Away

Round 1
Pick 
1. Cleveland Browns - Myles Garrett DE

2. San Francisco 49ers - Solomon Thomas DE

3. Chicago Bears  - Jonathon Allen DE

4. Jacksonville Jaguars - Leonard Fournette RB

5. Tennessee Titans - (TRADE WITH CLEVELAND, ten receives the #12, #33 and Cle 2nd round pick 2018) Cleveland selects Mitchel Trubisky Qb

6. New York Jets - Jamal Adams S

7. Los Angeles Chargers - Malik Hooker S

8. Carolina Panthers - Christian McCaffery RB

9. Cincinnati Bengals - Marcus Lattimore CB

10. Buffalo Bills - Mike Williams WR

11. New Orleans Saints - Reuben Foster LB

12. Cleveland Browns - (Trade with Tenn) Tenn trades with TB. Tenn receives #19 and Tb 2nd rd pick this year. TB selects Dalvin Cook Rb

13. Arizona Cardinals - Patrick Mahomes II QB

14. Philadelphia Eagles - Dereck Barnett DE

15. Indianapolis Colts - OJ Howard TE

16. Baltimore Ravens - Corey Davis WR

17. Washington Redskins - Haason Reddick OLB

18. Tennessee Titans -  John Ross WR

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Traded to Tenn. Tenn selects Adoree Jackson CB

20. Denver Broncos - David Njoku TE

21. Detroit Lions - Jabrill Peppers S/CB

22. Miami Dolphins - Cam Robinson OT

23. New York Giants - Ryan Ramczyk OT

24. Oakvegas Raiders - Charles Harris  DE

25. Houston Texans -  Deshaun Watson  QB

26. Seattle Seahawks - Marlon Humphrey CB

27. Kansas City Chiefs - Taco Charleston DE

28. Dallas Cowboys - Tre'Davious White CB

29. Green Bay Packers - Jarred Davis LB

30. Pittsburgh Steelers - Kevin King CB

31. Atlanta Falcons - Gareon Conley CB

32. New Orleans Saints - Forrest Lamp G

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleveland taking a RB seems to be gaining steam.  It seems to me like Crowell is pretty underrated by the draftnicks.  He was a guy who was supposed to be really talented but had lots of off the field baggage that led to him going undrafted.  Thus far the off the field stuff has all but disappeared so what we're left with is the talented guy that probably would have been a 2nd round pick without it, who just put up 4.8ypc on 200 carries and contributed heavily in the passing game on top of that.

What am I missing with Crow?

Cleveland taking a RB seems to be gaining steam.  It seems to me like Crowell is pretty underrated by the draftnicks.  He was a guy who was supposed to be really talented but had lots of off the field baggage that led to him going undrafted.  Thus far the off the field stuff has all but disappeared so what we're left with is the talented guy that probably would have been a 2nd round pick without it, who just put up 4.8ypc on 200 carries and contributed heavily in the passing game on top of that.

What am I missing with Crow?
CLE traded that pick to TEN which traded it to TB. TB took Cook. Not CLE

I think that scenario is actually incredibly realistic for TEN to trade down at least once from 5. Maybe twice. They have such an awesome pick at 5 if someone wants Trubisky. 

If it were to go like that, I'd call the Saints the big winners. 2 elite players, who make them a much tougher team in general. 

I'd call Arizona the biggest loser. Mahomes is no sure thing and they have a lot of needs. 

Howard to Indy would be extremely interesting from a fantasy perspective. 

You're guaranteeing the Bills take a WR with their 1st pick?

I'm thinking more and more they'll go defense. Their offense wasn't the issue last year. They have some JAG starting at LB right now and return only 1 DB from last year.

If they needed a #1 WR I'd feel more confident about your guarantee, but they already have a #1. They're looking for a #2, which can be had later in the draft.

I think that scenario is actually incredibly realistic for TEN to trade down at least once from 5. Maybe twice. They have such an awesome pick at 5 if someone wants Trubisky. 
Ah, my mistake.

Solid mock. I think there's a good chance Reddick goes before Foster due to off-field stuff and his shoulder injury mystery. I also think there are going to be a ton of trades as it's a buyer's market this year. Teams want to trade down and if there's a guy a team really wants they can probably move up for less than it has cost in the past. Either way, I'm extremely excited for this draft, especially being a Bills fan where I think they're in a perfect position to either grab an elite player at #10 or trade down and still grab multiple quality starting players.

Yep

As a Titans fan I'm happy with this mock. I still don't know about ross with his health issues but if he stayed on the field he'd be a very welcome addition.  Really like adoree Jackson too. And the extra picks :moneybag:

Howard in indy could be nasty. 
Questionable pick IMO. The D and OL need serious help. They have Doyle, Swope and just signed that basketball convert Mo Allie Cox. While there are  question marks on all those guys, the Colts at least have talent that can play now and talent to develop at TE. Seems a waste to take another TE given that the position usually has a 1-2 year developmental period. 

You're guaranteeing the Bills take a WR with their 1st pick?

I'm thinking more and more they'll go defense. Their offense wasn't the issue last year. They have some JAG starting at LB right now and return only 1 DB from last year.

If they needed a #1 WR I'd feel more confident about your guarantee, but they already have a #1. They're looking for a #2, which can be had later in the draft.
I own Sammy Watkins in a keeper league. I would live for him to be what i think he can be but.....he cant be counted on in ff or real life and even if he was they lost Woods and Goodwin on fa. With the recent thoughts of not picking up his option, i am sure of this pick being a wr

Questionable pick IMO. The D and OL need serious help. They have Doyle, Swope and just signed that basketball convert Mo Allie Cox. While there are  question marks on all those guys, the Colts at least have talent that can play now and talent to develop at TE. Seems a waste to take another TE given that the position usually has a 1-2 year developmental period. 
When the 2nd best player in the draft falls to 15, you take him and utilize him. 

That's what makes this fun. 
I like Njoku better. He probably won't ever block as well as Howard, but Njoku has the making of a guy who can make a much bigger impact as a receiver.  Ofcourse teams want guys that can do both, but in the end, the TEs that have the big value are the playmakers. 

I like Njoku better. He probably won't ever block as well as Howard, but Njoku has the making of a guy who can make a much bigger impact as a receiver.  Ofcourse teams want guys that can do both, but in the end, the TEs that have the big value are the playmakers. 
There's truth here, and I'm taking somewhat of a leap of faith with him (as we do all rookies) but I think he'll learn the receiving part better than the others will learn to block.  Howard may never be Graham or Gronk in the receiving game, but he'll follow in the gonzo/Witten mold of "do everything really really well". 

twood said:
He might be. Very close. I saw alot of teams at the end that needed corners.
Everybody needs pass rushers. He's the second best pass rusher in this draft. He's closer to a top 15 pick than a 2nd rounder. 

Seems skewed more for FFB rather than the NFL. I don't see 3 RB's going top 12. Maybe 1 top 10, but I really doubt three go like that. People point to the success of Elliot and Dallas as the resurgence of the highly drafted RB, but their success was more about Prescott than Elliot. I think history is against you on this one. 

That being said, the Tennessee moves look like a real possibility. 

travdogg said:
If it were to go like that, I'd call the Saints the big winners. 2 elite players, who make them a much tougher team in general. 

I'd call Arizona the biggest loser. Mahomes is no sure thing and they have a lot of needs. 

Howard to Indy would be extremely interesting from a fantasy perspective. 
I like the Saints players here and with Foster's combine fiasco and recent failed drug test, I think he will be available for them.

As for Arizona, there are 2 type of teams in the NFL now days. There are teams that have a qb and teams that don't. they are quickly falling into the 2nd group.

Arians likes to go downfield and Mahomes has that ability

Ilov80s said:
I agree it is questionable but if they need help blocking, he can do that as well. They have done a very good job in fa addressing the defense. Their wr's are small, they need a big target across the middle to help Luck out. In all due respect Jack Doyle and Swope aren't scaring any D coordinators. OJ would

As a Panthers' fan, I pray you are wrong.
I can see why you would say that but I think he would be a perfect compliment to what their offense already is. They have the rough, ground and pound approach....imagine he coming in and being that hybrid type that the defense would have to account for. Having him line up ont eh side of Cam with all those other big bodies around him would be a nightmare. Just remember what Ted Ginn did in that offense.....cause he offered speed and the defense was stacked against power. McCaffery would open things up alot

The Bengals drafting a CB is always an option as long as Marvin Lewis has a pulse, but drafting a CB to sit behind Pacman, Dre, Dennard, William Jackson and possibly even Shaw/Russell while the OL and DL are in shambles would be pretty wild.  It's a team full of needs right now.  Even the Bengals can't go BPA and take the only position they have a logjam at.

WR/DE/OL in that order for me, but I can justify basically anything other than CB/QB

Seems skewed more for FFB rather than the NFL. I don't see 3 RB's going top 12. Maybe 1 top 10, but I really doubt three go like that. People point to the success of Elliot and Dallas as the resurgence of the highly drafted RB, but their success was more about Prescott than Elliot. I think history is against you on this one. 

That being said, the Tennessee moves look like a real possibility. 
What Up Scotty? Fournette is a lock in the top 10 and I will be shocked if McCaffery doesn't go in the top 15 at worst. The big question mark is Cook due to his off the field concerns but there are so many teams that could use him in the teens that I don't see him getting into the 20's.

Cle, Indy, Phily, Washington, TB and Denver would all love him and Oakland would love for him to fall as well.

I see 3 rbs this year

(Please No Washington and Denver, Dynasty owner of current rbs here)

The Bengals drafting a CB is always an option as long as Marvin Lewis has a pulse, but drafting a CB to sit behind Pacman, Dre, Dennard, William Jackson and possibly even Shaw/Russell while the OL and DL are in shambles would be pretty wild.  It's a team full of needs right now.  Even the Bengals can't go BPA and take the only position they have a logjam at.

WR/DE/OL in that order for me, but I can justify basically anything other than CB/QB
Your assuming Pac Man is still on the team or not suspended after his latest run in with the law. I like Dre but Dennard didn't look good and I don't know a lot about Williams Jackson or the others to mention about them. You are looking at an elite talent with Lattimore that I don't think would get past Cincy

What Up Scotty? Fournette is a lock in the top 10 and I will be shocked if McCaffery doesn't go in the top 15 at worst. The big question mark is Cook due to his off the field concerns but there are so many teams that could use him in the teens that I don't see him getting into the 20's.

Cle, Indy, Phily, Washington, TB and Denver would all love him and Oakland would love for him to fall as well.

I see 3 rbs this year

I'm probably wrong here but I wouldn't touch cook in the first, probably not 2nd. Between his combine and off the field issues I don't want him on my team.  (No chance of that really, the Titans aren't drafting a back until late, maybe)

I'm probably wrong here but I wouldn't touch cook in the first, probably not 2nd. Between his combine and off the field issues I don't want him on my team.  (No chance of that really, the Titans aren't drafting a back until late, maybe)
He fits really nice into today's NFL with his ability to catch and block. He played in a pro style offense at FSU and preformed at a very high level. IMO he is the best rb out of this class including the 2 guys in front of him. If he lands in TB, Philly or GB, watch out

I see 3 rbs this year

I don't doubt that these teams all need RB's, but they can get RB's later, even two of the ones you mentioned. Fournette isn't a lock for top 10 in my mind. Could happen, but not a lock. First round for sure. I would guess that McAffery goes after pick 20. And Cook is going to drop to the second if not later. Despite what he did in college, the underwear olympics and his off the field stuff are going to make the kid for a steal in the second or even 3rd. 

He is a very good player but I don't see a lot of hungry team for LB's in the area I see him being drafted. Lbs just usually aren't drafted very high
Hmmm he's listed as DE where I look. He certainly could be moved to OLB but he's 10 pounds bigger and an inch taller than Vic Beasley.

He's similar to Cliff Avril in size but actually could be a little bigger than him. The point is at 6'4 260 he's def big enough to play DE in the NFL. 

Hmmm he's listed as DE where I look. He certainly could be moved to OLB but he's 10 pounds bigger and an inch taller than Vic Beasley.

He's similar to Cliff Avril in size but actually could be a little bigger than him. The point is at 6'4 260 he's def big enough to play DE in the NFL. 
I had Jordan Willis confused with Florida Jordan Davis, my apologizes. I am not very familiar with Jordan Willis.

What makes him a 1st rounder in your opinion?

I had Jordan Willis confused with Florida Jordan Davis, my apologizes. I am not very familiar with Jordan Willis.

What makes him a 1st rounder in your opinion?
Ok lets start with the fact he is nearly a carbine copy of last years sack leader Vic Beasley athletically but he's almost an inch taller and 10 pounds heavier. Couple that with his tape which is some of the best tape out there I've seen at that position this year. I'd take him in front of all the DE projected in the first round besides Garrett.

24 TFL in his last 15 games

5 FF in his last 17 games

Measurables are off the charts too. 6.85 3 cone, 39 inch vert, 4.52 40,  1.54 10 yard split, and 24 reps all at 6'4 256 pounds?

Elite measurable, elite production, no off field history, good size. Willis is as close as you get to a can't miss prospect. I'd trade out of the #1 spot and take him at #12 if I was Cleveland and pair him with Ogbah. Elite pass rushes are so hard to game plan against.

Ok lets start with the fact he is nearly a carbine copy of last years sack leader Vic Beasley athletically but he's almost an inch taller and 10 pounds heavier. Couple that with his tape which is some of the best tape out there I've seen at that position this year. I'd take him in front of all the DE projected in the first round besides Garrett.

24 TFL in his last 15 games

5 FF in his last 17 games

Measurables are off the charts too. 6.85 3 cone, 39 inch vert, 4.52 40,  1.54 10 yard split, and 24 reps all at 6'4 256 pounds?

Elite measurable, elite production, no off field history, good size. Willis is as close as you get to a can't miss prospect. I'd trade out of the #1 spot and take him at #12 if I was Cleveland and pair him with Ogbah. Elite pass rushes are so hard to game plan against.
Thanks. I will have to give him a look more I guess. Maybe Washington could look at him as well as Oakland. Those are the 2 teams that need to get off the field the most of 3rd downs

NFL.com has him as OLB. but you're right, he could do either.  

Funny that you compare him to Beasley, at least one writer would like him in Atlanta - and he does fit the mold they want. 

Willis also makes sense from a roster construction standpoint for the Falcons. They're covered at defensive tackle for 2017 with Grady Jarrett, Dontari Poe, and Ra'Shede Hageman under contract. They have a host of "hybrid" players that will play defensive tackle and defensive end in Derrick ShelbyAdrian Clayborn, Jack Crawford, and Courtney Upshaw. What they're really missing is another true edge defender body. Right now they only have Vic Beasley and Brooks Reed as options that fit that description.

Eight days out from the draft it seems like the Falcons' targets in the first round are Forrest Lamp, Derek Rivers, and Jordan Willis. I would rank them in that order in terms of what I want, but would be happy with any of the three being the first round pick.

Users who are viewing this thread