Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Biabreakable

Dynasty Kareem Hunt Cleveland Browns

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, packer_junkie said:

Not to make this a wdis but what kind of return have you gotten or are you looking for? Hunt owner who loved last night but weeks 1-3 have me wondering if it’s time to cash in. 

*this is dynasty 

I acquired hunt after week 2.  David Johnson and Parker for hunt and Amari. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always been big on Hunt and as such am likewise heavily invested in him.

The good news is he still looks like a stud out there.  Several of those plays he picked up an extra 10-30 yards when it looked like there was nowhere to go.

The bad news is all situational, even in a game where he put up big fantasy numbers.  The biggest problems is that Andy Reid finally has another QB who can actually string together a good game when he forgets about his stud RB.  He's not getting punished for ignoring the run like he did last year even with Alex Smith playing pretty well in spurts.  Last night at the end of the 3rd quarter Hunt was averaging 6.5ypc while Mahomes was averaging only 5ypa yet they had 29 passes to 16 rushes at that point.  They still came back and won so didn't have to pay for it.

The other bad news is that Reid gets so damned cute down by the goaline.  They rarely just line up under center and pound it up the middle.  There is always some reverse or shovel pass or TE screen action going on from the 1 yard line.

And lastly, while I don't have any numbers on this (would love if there were some way to look it up) it seems like Hunt is a much better runner when the QB is lined up under center rather than in shotgun, but Mahomes almost always lines up in shotgun.

In redraft I'd probably be looking to sell off the back of this big game.  In dynasty I still like the talent too much to move him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BJ Kissel

@ChiefsReporter

#Chiefs RB Kareem Hunt had 19 carries for 121 yards last night against the Broncos. 93 of those yards came after contact, per

@PFF

. That's an average of 4.89 yards after contact per rush. #Boss

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y’all can thank me for this one. I was down 20 with Freeman/Hill/McAnus facing KHunt so of course Hunt went absolutely ham, causing me to lose by 6 lousy points

Youre welcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I've always been big on Hunt and as such am likewise heavily invested in him.

The good news is he still looks like a stud out there.  Several of those plays he picked up an extra 10-30 yards when it looked like there was nowhere to go.

The bad news is all situational, even in a game where he put up big fantasy numbers.  The biggest problems is that Andy Reid finally has another QB who can actually string together a good game when he forgets about his stud RB.  He's not getting punished for ignoring the run like he did last year even with Alex Smith playing pretty well in spurts.  Last night at the end of the 3rd quarter Hunt was averaging 6.5ypc while Mahomes was averaging only 5ypa yet they had 29 passes to 16 rushes at that point.  They still came back and won so didn't have to pay for it.

The other bad news is that Reid gets so damned cute down by the goaline.  They rarely just line up under center and pound it up the middle.  There is always some reverse or shovel pass or TE screen action going on from the 1 yard line.

And lastly, while I don't have any numbers on this (would love if there were some way to look it up) it seems like Hunt is a much better runner when the QB is lined up under center rather than in shotgun, but Mahomes almost always lines up in shotgun.

In redraft I'd probably be looking to sell off the back of this big game.  In dynasty I still like the talent too much to move him.

Agree with all of this - And the bolded part  might even get worse after last night. They ran Hunt on 1st and goal at the 3, then 2nd and goal at the 3 - then it was 3rd & goal at the 4. 

That doesn’t exactly instill confidence in a coach, or steer him away from his instinct to get cute with some trickery. 

It’s an unfairly small sample size - and earlier in the game that 4th and 1 at their own 36 was successfully converted so it’s not like Hunt can’t get it done in short yardage.

Just Reid being Reid. :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh it looks very bad. 

I would expect a quick response from the NFL considering the backlash over the Ray rice video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From an FF perspective this is big for me...picked up Ware earlier this week...#1 team in my league has Hunt.

Could affect many leagues...

Edited by sho nuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Haven’t watched just heard it on the radio...heard it’s very very bad.

How quick does the league act?

I’d expect exempt list by tomorrow at latest. If he plays this weekend Goodell may be tar’d and feathered. 

Edited by Bojang0301
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Haven’t watched just heard it on the radio...heard it’s very very bad.

How quick does the league act?

there are two views.... the first camera view.... it's not great but not terrible.... the second camera view is... not flattering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the video. Looked like a minor altercation. He shoved her a few times. Never "brutalized" her. I dunno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shadyridr said:

I saw the video. Looked like a minor altercation. He shoved her a few times. Never "brutalized" her. I dunno.

I'd say it's more than a minor altercation, but I agree "brutalized" is over the top. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shadyridr said:

I saw the video. Looked like a minor altercation. He shoved her a few times. Never "brutalized" her. I dunno.

Sorta agree if I understand what I'm watching.  The worst part was where another guy fell into one of the woman and both hit the wall.  One report says that Hunt pushed that guy into her....I dunno. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

I saw the video. Looked like a minor altercation. He shoved her a few times. Never "brutalized" her. I dunno.

did you watch camera two? she was collateral damage as he lunged at someone (may have been her?) but then kicks her while she is on the ground.... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ICON211 said:

I'd say it's more than a minor altercation, but I agree "brutalized" is over the top. 

Agree

I grabbed Ware but I won't be surprised at all if nothing comes of this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does this take so long to come out?   It happened in February 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

did you watch camera two? she was collateral damage as he lunged at someone (may have been her?) but then kicks her while she is on the ground.... 

I dunno about calling that a kick. More like shoved away with his foot. I dunno. Bad look for him but no files were charged & I assume the woman didn't get hurt. Just looked like a typical drunken shoving match between a bunch of people. Does that warrant a major suspension? I just don't see it.

Edited by shadyridr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

Agree

I grabbed Ware but I won't be surprised at all if nothing comes of this

I dunno about that, while 'brutalized' is over the top, it is still battery, potentially domestic battery depending on their relationship. Would be just a bad look for the NFL if he plays this week, IMO. We will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

did you watch camera two? she was collateral damage as he lunged at someone (may have been her?) but then kicks her while she is on the ground.... 

He should get 6 games and he shouldn't have kicked her. But if he wanted to hurt her with that kick, he would have. The headline is pure clickbait. 

Edited by Concept Coop
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, squistion said:

It should be noted, that this video was from February and charges were never filed.

the league knew about this according to Twitter. but now that its out how can they not act?

 

ETA: the title of that article/video is the epitome of why no one trusts the media any more

Edited by Dr. Dan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

I dunno about calling that a kick. More like shoved away with his foot. I dunno. Bad look for him but no files were charged & I assume the woman didn't get hurt. Just looked like a typical drunken shoving match between a bunch of people. Does that warrant a major suspension? I just don't see it.

Shoved away with his foot?

:no:

Edited by Skoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bojang0301 said:

I’d expect exempt list by tomorrow at latest. If he plays this weekend Goodell may be tar’d and feathered. 

You think so? Trying to think of any precedent for a quick suspension. AFAIK, Hunt has never had any previous issues, so I doubt we'd see too quick of a rush to judgment. It's not like Foster, who was in his last strike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Dan said:

the league knew about this according to Twitter. but now that its out how can they not act?

ETA: the title of that article/video is the epitome of why no one trusts the media any more

You act like the media hid this. Not the case. And they didn't have the video at the time.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

Incident involving Kareem Hunt and the woman was previously reported by multiple outlets. Today's news is the release of the video, which shows what happened during the incident. TMZ also released body-cam footage when police spoke with Hunt, the woman and witnesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

the league knew about this according to Twitter. but now that its out how can they not act?

As usual, The Onion nailed this back in 2014

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

the league knew about this according to Twitter. but now that its out how can they not act?

 

ETA: the title of that article/video is the epitome of why no one trusts the media any more

Well it’s TMZ. Places like CNN and Fox should aspire to not act like TMZ. Instead they brace it fully.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Shoving people is battery now?

yes. Assault or battery, depending on state law and their definition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL would have already acted, no?  Especially if they knew of/had access to the video way back in February.  I will add that I own Ware in the 2 high stakes teams I made the playoffs in, so there's that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can tell who the Hunt owners are from the newly minted Ware owners in here. Of course this is a fantasy site but sad that we're all on here (including me) solely because of how this affects our teams.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, squistion said:

You act like the media hid this. Not the case. And they didn't have the video at the time.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

Incident involving Kareem Hunt and the woman was previously reported by multiple outlets. Today's news is the release of the video, which shows what happened during the incident. TMZ also released body-cam footage when police spoke with Hunt, the woman and witnesses.

no. I think the title is absurd. brutalized? This exaggeration of the truth is why people dont trust them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say he gets 4 games. They suspend people on allegations. These videos offer more proof. 

ETA. The NFL has no consistency with these things, but they cant stand by his actions. Are they not going to suspend the next guy who shoves a girl?

Edited by Max Power

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol: Funny how people can watch the exact same video and have completely different opinions based on what they wanna see.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.