What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kareem Hunt, CLE (5 Viewers)

Y’all can thank me for this one. I was down 20 with Freeman/Hill/McAnus facing KHunt so of course Hunt went absolutely ham, causing me to lose by 6 lousy points

Youre welcome. 

I've always been big on Hunt and as such am likewise heavily invested in him.

The good news is he still looks like a stud out there.  Several of those plays he picked up an extra 10-30 yards when it looked like there was nowhere to go.

The bad news is all situational, even in a game where he put up big fantasy numbers.  The biggest problems is that Andy Reid finally has another QB who can actually string together a good game when he forgets about his stud RB.  He's not getting punished for ignoring the run like he did last year even with Alex Smith playing pretty well in spurts.  Last night at the end of the 3rd quarter Hunt was averaging 6.5ypc while Mahomes was averaging only 5ypa yet they had 29 passes to 16 rushes at that point.  They still came back and won so didn't have to pay for it.

The other bad news is that Reid gets so damned cute down by the goaline.  They rarely just line up under center and pound it up the middle.  There is always some reverse or shovel pass or TE screen action going on from the 1 yard line.

And lastly, while I don't have any numbers on this (would love if there were some way to look it up) it seems like Hunt is a much better runner when the QB is lined up under center rather than in shotgun, but Mahomes almost always lines up in shotgun.

In redraft I'd probably be looking to sell off the back of this big game.  In dynasty I still like the talent too much to move him.
Agree with all of this - And the bolded part  might even get worse after last night. They ran Hunt on 1st and goal at the 3, then 2nd and goal at the 3 - then it was 3rd & goal at the 4. 

That doesn’t exactly instill confidence in a coach, or steer him away from his instinct to get cute with some trickery. 

It’s an unfairly small sample size - and earlier in the game that 4th and 1 at their own 36 was successfully converted so it’s not like Hunt can’t get it done in short yardage.

Just Reid being Reid.  :shrug:

Oh it looks very bad. 

I would expect a quick response from the NFL considering the backlash over the Ray rice video

From an FF perspective this is big for me...picked up Ware earlier this week...#1 team in my league has Hunt.

Could affect many leagues...

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the video. Looked like a minor altercation. He shoved her a few times. Never "brutalized" her. I dunno.
Sorta agree if I understand what I'm watching.  The worst part was where another guy fell into one of the woman and both hit the wall.  One report says that Hunt pushed that guy into her....I dunno. 

did you watch camera two? she was collateral damage as he lunged at someone (may have been her?) but then kicks her while she is on the ground.... 
I dunno about calling that a kick. More like shoved away with his foot. I dunno. Bad look for him but no files were charged & I assume the woman didn't get hurt. Just looked like a typical drunken shoving match between a bunch of people. Does that warrant a major suspension? I just don't see it.

Agree

I grabbed Ware but I won't be surprised at all if nothing comes of this
I dunno about that, while 'brutalized' is over the top, it is still battery, potentially domestic battery depending on their relationship. Would be just a bad look for the NFL if he plays this week, IMO. We will see.

I dunno about calling that a kick. More like shoved away with his foot. I dunno. Bad look for him but no files were charged & I assume the woman didn't get hurt. Just looked like a typical drunken shoving match between a bunch of people. Does that warrant a major suspension? I just don't see it.
Shoved away with his foot?

:no:

I’d expect exempt list by tomorrow at latest. If he plays this weekend Goodell may be tar’d and feathered. 
You think so? Trying to think of any precedent for a quick suspension. AFAIK, Hunt has never had any previous issues, so I doubt we'd see too quick of a rush to judgment. It's not like Foster, who was in his last strike.

the league knew about this according to Twitter. but now that its out how can they not act?

ETA: the title of that article/video is the epitome of why no one trusts the media any more
You act like the media hid this. Not the case. And they didn't have the video at the time.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

Incident involving Kareem Hunt and the woman was previously reported by multiple outlets. Today's news is the release of the video, which shows what happened during the incident. TMZ also released body-cam footage when police spoke with Hunt, the woman and witnesses.

the league knew about this according to Twitter. but now that its out how can they not act?

ETA: the title of that article/video is the epitome of why no one trusts the media any more
Well it’s TMZ. Places like CNN and Fox should aspire to not act like TMZ. Instead they brace it fully.

The NFL would have already acted, no?  Especially if they knew of/had access to the video way back in February.  I will add that I own Ware in the 2 high stakes teams I made the playoffs in, so there's that. 

You act like the media hid this. Not the case. And they didn't have the video at the time.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

Incident involving Kareem Hunt and the woman was previously reported by multiple outlets. Today's news is the release of the video, which shows what happened during the incident. TMZ also released body-cam footage when police spoke with Hunt, the woman and witnesses.
no. I think the title is absurd. brutalized? This exaggeration of the truth is why people dont trust them.

I'd say he gets 4 games. They suspend people on allegations. These videos offer more proof. 

ETA. The NFL has no consistency with these things, but they cant stand by his actions. Are they not going to suspend the next guy who shoves a girl?

You can tell who the Hunt owners are from the newly minted Ware owners in here. Of course this is a fantasy site but sad that we're all on here (including me) solely because of how this affects our teams.
I picked Ware up in a defensive move. no chance I'm starting him over my other 3 studs. 

It is very possible to have an objective opinion in here. the title is bad. the NFL and KC knew about it and did nothing. the video shows him committing a crime against a young woman. no charges filed. this looks bad for the NFL. 

In footage released by TMZ, Kareem Hunt was shown getting into a physical altercation with a 19-year-old woman at a Cleveland hotel in February.

In the video, Hunt was shown arguing and shoving a 19-year-old woman outside his hotel room at 3:22 AM ET. The conflict escalated quickly after that with Hunt lunging at the woman and later kicking her while on the ground. Police took statements but no charges were filed. The footage, which you can see in the link below, is extremely troubling. This is a terrible look for both the Kansas City organization (remember the Chiefs took a major PR hit two years ago when they drafted Tyreek Hill following his domestic violence arrest) and the NFL, particularly in the wake of Rueben Foster's arrest and subsequent waiver claim by Washington. The wheels of the NFL move slowly, but we imagine Hunt will be facing a lengthy suspension once this gets sorted out.
Rotoworld take

Users who are viewing this thread