What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kareem Hunt, CLE (5 Viewers)

I gotta think that the NFL was prepared for this and already have an action plan for the this scenario emerging.

I'd think it will not take long for them to come down on this.
You are giving way too much credit to where there is none due

Regardless of the outcome or whether it was her hand or head or a foot shove or not he tried to physically attack a young girl multiple times on video. I don't see how he is not suspended.

Nate Taylor✔@ByNateTaylor

The Chiefs are working on a statement regarding Kareem Hunt kicking a woman. Could be released today or tomorrow.

2:06 PM - Nov 30, 2018

In theory, no. But we've seen a lot of cases where things get drawn out, so they have no resolution until a year down the line.

I can't recall any other incidents this late in the season off the top of my head though, so who knows how the league will treat it.
Basically if the league chooses to suspend him the player can stay the suspension by appealing.  IMO, the chiefs have to take action now though and they will and should. 

I can deal with a suspension next year.  How much leeway and power would the NFLPA have to block a suspension here?  Weren't they able to at least stall for Zeke and Brady?

I can deal with a suspension next year.  How much leeway and power would the NFLPA have to block a suspension here?  Weren't they able to at least stall for Zeke and Brady?
This is a bit different since the assault is on video.  

It definitely wasn't a Ray Rice KO thing but Hunt definitely aggressively went after her.  Thankfully his buddies were able to stop him.  He was in rage mode.

I gotta think that the NFL was prepared for this and already have an action plan for the this scenario emerging.

I'd think it will not take long for them to come down on this.

Teams have to have this template prepped by now. 
I hope you all are joking because you sure are making me laugh. The NFL has been ill prepared for all these situations the last decade and Doug Williams shows NFL teams are clueless when talking about them.

Excused from practice and sent home. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25419410

Kansas City Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt is seen shoving and kicking a woman in a video of a February incident released by TMZ on Friday.

The Chiefs excused Hunt from practice and sent him home from the facility, pending further action, after the video's release, sources told ESPN's Dan Graziano.

You guys who are debating about the details, yeah...it may not be the textbook definition of what we consider "battery" but the optics are terrible. I'd be surprised after the fallout from this (and the often delayed, reactionary nature of Goodell) if Hunt isn't suspended for at least a couple of games.

Can you imagine KCC in the Superbowl and the media coverage this video would get?

Exactly. They will want the stink from this gone by then and not distracting from the wunderkind MVP QB storyline. It also dredges up all the Tyreek Hill stuff again. I'd be shocked if Hunt isn't done this year. 

Picked up handcuff Ware from the wire earlier this week.  I’m sure lots are scrambling to do so now.

How does the NFL continue to not learn this lesson?☹️

Ray Rice wasn’t in essence blackballed from the NFL because video showed him knocking a woman unconscious.  He was blackballed because video showed him knocking a woman...

Last edited by a moderator:
You're inventing a narrative here. 
You think all those members in his entourage were just "friends"? Most times friends become your handlers/security buffer. I mean watch the police report. A few of those guys weren't just friends.

That tool who grabbed the video cam knew the deal.

Sigmund Bloom‏ @SigmundBloom

FollowFollow @SigmundBloom

More

Sigmund Bloom Retweeted Dan Graziano

That sounds ominous for his Week 13 status, and obviously this could last for multiple weeks and the remainder of the season

Sigmund Bloom added,

Dan GrazianoVerified account @DanGrazianoESPN

I am told the Chiefs sent Kareem Hunt home from the facility today upon learning of the release of the video and pending further action. Most likely short-term resolution is that Hunt would be placed on the commissioner's exempt list pending a final decision, but we will see.

1:47 PM - 30 Nov 2018

You guys who are debating about the details, yeah...it may not be the textbook definition of what we consider "battery" but the optics are terrible. I'd be surprised after the fallout from this (and the often delayed, reactionary nature of Goodell) if Hunt isn't suspended for at least a couple of games.
You might want to read a textbook about battery...

I am a Hunt owner and I agree that he should be suspended.  Yes we are FF nerds but this is poor judgement by him.  I will prepare to head into the playoffs without Hunt and have very low expectations on my chances.  This is unfortunate but real life comes first.

What a jacka$$.

I’m a bigger jacka$$ for not paying attention to my phone blowing up. Coulda snagged Ware and slid him in to my RB2 spot.

The way suspension and appeals work, along with lawsuits ala Zeke, my guess is that won't happen til next year, but the commissioner's exempt list is probably the most likely scenario that will happen this year-same effect for fantasy owners as a suspension.

the report of what actually happened is interesting. friends of his friend, once he found out they were 19 he asked them to leave. girl pitches a fit and instigates the whole thing. I'm trying to get a link to the report but it's definitely the "other side of the story"... more than just a video

the report of what actually happened is interesting. friends of his friend, once he found out they were 19 he asked them to leave. girl pitches a fit and instigates the whole thing. I'm trying to get a link to the report but it's definitely the "other side of the story"... more than just a video
I'm not sure what is considered instigation to kick a 19 year old girl while she's huddled on the ground.

I'm not sure what is considered instigation to kick a 19 year old girl while she's huddled on the ground.
I'm not defending what he did. just saying the entire story is interesting and worth finding out

wish we could post pictures here. I have ss

Also there is no way chiefs and NFL didnt know about this, there are publications from february on the incident 

Im always amused at the hot takes that the NFL is full of crap  and repeating the same mistakes. Of course they are. They're less scrupulous than a tobacco company. The ones who are crazy are us for imagining they WOULDNT try to cover this up, or at least turn as blind an eye as humanly possible.

Its like their concussion rule- the rule is if you're not a star you get treated one way to make the NFL look like their taking it seriously, but if you are a star you can be huffing smelling salts on the sideline with pupils the size of dinner plates like Kamara was last night and nobody is saying a word. If Hunt was a backup linebacker, he'd be suspended for life already. It is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread