Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Biabreakable

Dynasty Kareem Hunt Cleveland Browns

Recommended Posts

It is a crazy situation that escalated quickly. NFL did what they felt they had to do, as did the chiefs. Can he make his way back onto a NFL team? depends on time of suspension, but i'd think that someone would sign him, hopefully with the promise of rehabilitation for his actions. 

Edited by jerseys finest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

I'd rather people be civil

 

4 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Your unfortunately asking for too much from this country right now. I wish people would to but we got to adapt to the environment we live in now. 

:lmao: at the irony of this post considering the source. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You cant dismiss the fact that he goes in the dumbest athlete in the world box. You have everything and do something like this. No sympathy for someone this stupid, he deserved what he got and alot more. He is another woman beating thug.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He barely kicked her. I mean he kicked her so softly i wouldn't even call it a kick. Is he wrong for doing it? Absolutely. Should he be punished? Absolutely. Severely? Nope. 

  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milkman said:

He barely kicked her. I mean he kicked her so softly i wouldn't even call it a kick. Is he wrong for doing it? Absolutely. Should he be punished? Absolutely. Severely? Nope. 

His employer disagrees 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeSteeler said:

His employer disagrees 

Only reason I see him being released if he lied what actually went on. Has there been any confirmation what made them release him yet other then he's no longer employed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DJackson10 said:

Only reason I see him being released if he lied what actually went on. Has there been any confirmation what made them release him yet other then he's no longer employed? 

Not that I saw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jerseys finest said:

It is a crazy situation that escalated quickly. NFL did what they felt they had to do, as did the chiefs. Can he make his way back onto a NFL team? depends on time of suspension, but i'd think that someone would sign him, hopefully with the promise of rehabilitation for his actions. 

He’ll be back. He’s cut because he lied, not because of the video. 

Geriatric Peterson is on a team, Mixon is on a team, Vick got multiple other chances, Reuben Foster just got picked up, the Chiefs already have Tyreek. The teams don’t care. He’ll do some community lip service and take handoffs from Ryan Tannehill next year. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Drop 100% of the non-football talk and trying to defend any actions justifying violence against women. Full stop. 

Then lock the thread up Joe. Just got cut. His career seems to be over. There's no football left to be discussed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

LOL at respecting a team for releasing the guy to save face while happily employing the guy that did 100x worse because he is not the focus of public ire at the moment. 

Great point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigmarc27 said:

He’ll be back. He’s cut because he lied, not because of the video. 

Geriatric Peterson is on a team, Mixon is on a team, Vick got multiple other chances, Reuben Foster just got picked up, the Chiefs already have Tyreek. The teams don’t care. He’ll do some community lip service and take handoffs from Ryan Tannehill next year. 

Not Derrick Carr in Vegas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShamrockPride said:

Then lock the thread up Joe. Just got cut. His career seems to be over. There's no football left to be discussed.

Other then who's replacing him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShamrockPride said:

Then lock the thread up Joe. Just got cut. His career seems to be over. There's no football left to be discussed.

He will be on a team next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fighting a woman is like fighting a cat. Even if the cat scratches first, you still look like a doosh for fighting a cat.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigmarc27 said:

He’ll be back. He’s cut because he lied, not because of the video. 

Geriatric Peterson is on a team, Mixon is on a team, Vick got multiple other chances, Reuben Foster just got picked up, the Chiefs already have Tyreek. The teams don’t care. He’ll do some community lip service and take handoffs from Ryan Tannehill next year. 

I don't know, I think he is done. Screams Ray Rice 2.0 to me. I know he is more talented than Rice was at the time of the video release but I think the line is clear. If there is a video, it's game over. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to take him some time, but he'll play in the NFL again. It just may not be until 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bumpman said:

The real question is whether the fallout from this drags T. Hill back into the spotlight.

Oh it will. Some is going to go get their 15 mins by bringing him into this. Hill hasn't had issues since being in the league. Yes I drafted him this year but was totally against him or Mixon being in the league. I was vehemently against Mixon being a possible Eagles draft target. However praising the Chiefs for cutting Hunt is not right either. Maybe he was cut for lying or maybe it was just PR reasons. Either way Hill will be brought up especially if they make the SB. The dead week and week of the game? Yeah it's gonna be big news. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had chicks physically assault me a couple times in my younger years - #####y, entitled, drunk SoCal women and I just gave it back to them (verbally). 

I just had to take it and try to protect myself until other people pulled them off, which people inevitably do, and removed them from the bar.  Such is life.  A man can and should not touch a woman physically.

The dude is an idiot and got what he deserved.  Shoving a chick down like that.  SMH.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Then lock the thread up Joe. Just got cut. His career seems to be over. There's no football left to be discussed.

I agree. It's over. A sad ending. So much potential but he's more than just an athlete and his actions have impacts. What he did  was gross, indefensible and cruel. There is nothing left to say. Why would a billion dollar industry want anything to do with him after this? Why should we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I don't know, I think he is done. Screams Ray Rice 2.0 to me. I know he is more talented than Rice was at the time of the video release but I think the line is clear. If there is a video, it's game over. 

He'll be employed both Foster and AP have jobs still 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DJackson10 said:

He'll be employed both Foster and AP have jobs still 

No videos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:

I don't know, I think he is done. Screams Ray Rice 2.0 to me. I know he is more talented than Rice was at the time of the video release but I think the line is clear. If there is a video, it's game over. 

The only reason Ray Rice was blackballed was because he called out the owner in public. 

This will be blunt but here’s the real talk - the NFL only cares what men think.  Lot of men got pissed off at Kaepernick, he’s out. Rice called out the Ravens owner, he’s out. Multiple people beat women... ehhh I mean I’m sure he just got upset. 

 

It’s not right, but I can name tons of incidents where the player came back and nobody cared. The chiefs have one right now running routes, so let’s not pretend they’re taking the moral high ground here. They only cut him because he made them look stupid. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Milkman said:

He barely kicked her. I mean he kicked her so softly i wouldn't even call it a kick. Is he wrong for doing it? Absolutely. Should he be punished? Absolutely. Severely? Nope. 

An important piece of the puzzle here is that he misled the team about what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:

No videos. 

Ray Rice was at the end of his career. Neither of the guys mentioned were. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Only reason I see him being released if he lied what actually went on. Has there been any confirmation what made them release him yet other then he's no longer employed? 

In a statement put out Friday following the release of a video in which Hunt appears to be pushing a woman, the team notes "earlier this year, we were made aware of an incident involving (Hunt.) At that time, the National Football League and law enforcement initiated investigations into the issue. As part of our internal discussions with Kareem, several members of our management team spoke directly to him. Kareem was not truthful in those discussions. The video released today confirms that fact. We are releasing Kareem immediately.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bud29 said:

An important piece of the puzzle here is that he misled the team about what happened.

Is that what happened or is this just assumptions at this point? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not right to say "video=lifetime ban" and "no video=get a new team" because that implies horrible things that happen off camera aren't as real. However, I think the "optics" of it are such that people are do disgusted seeing the video of these things that there is no real recovery from. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Milkman said:

He barely kicked her. I mean he kicked her so softly i wouldn't even call it a kick. Is he wrong for doing it? Absolutely. Should he be punished? Absolutely. Severely? Nope. 

 

Where is the line? What amount of force is fine? What exact amount of pressure deserves a severe punishment? It says something about anyone who would do this at any level. 19 year old girl. On the floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kodycutter said:

In a statement put out Friday following the release of a video in which Hunt appears to be pushing a woman, the team notes "earlier this year, we were made aware of an incident involving (Hunt.) At that time, the National Football League and law enforcement initiated investigations into the issue. As part of our internal discussions with Kareem, several members of our management team spoke directly to him. Kareem was not truthful in those discussions. The video released today confirms that fact. We are releasing Kareem immediately.

Well theres the confirmation he wasn't truthful and was released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigmarc27 said:

The only reason Ray Rice was blackballed was because he called out the owner in public. 

This will be blunt but here’s the real talk - the NFL only cares what men think.  Lot of men got pissed off at Kaepernick, he’s out. Rice called out the Ravens owner, he’s out. Multiple people beat women... ehhh I mean I’m sure he just got upset. 

 

It’s not right, but I can name tons of incidents where the player came back and nobody cared. The chiefs have one right now running routes, so let’s not pretend they’re taking the moral high ground here. They only cut him because he made them look stupid. 

Also don’t take this as me defending Hunt or any of this...  I actually think his actions and what the nfl does is quite despicable.  But hey, they wear pink ribbons for a month so they love women. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:

It's not right to say "video=lifetime ban" and "no video=get a new team" because that implies horrible things that happen off camera aren't as real. However, I think the "optics" of it are such that people are do disgusted seeing the video of these things that there is no real recovery from. 

no one is saying that's right. they're saying that's reality in the NFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I don't know, I think he is done. Screams Ray Rice 2.0 to me. I know he is more talented than Rice was at the time of the video release but I think the line is clear. If there is a video, it's game over. 

There was a video of Mixon breaking a young woman’s face.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember the Browns talked to Ray Rice a year or so after that video came out. I would think they weren't the only team. Thing with Rice was he was trending down and getting older. The ROI wouldn't have been there most likely.

Hunt is a 23-year-old pro bowler. Some GM/coach on thin ice could very well pull the trigger.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Dan said:

no one is saying that's right. they're saying that's reality in the NFL

I know, I just said it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we not talk about what amount of violence against women is ok?  I know some of us are in mourning but try dealing with it in a more positive way. 

Like I read that in the high definition video you can see that hunt has a piercing... down there. Like a huge piece of jewelry. 

It's pretty nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, franchise punter said:

I remember the Browns talked to Ray Rice a year or so after that video came out. I would think they weren't the only team. Thing with Rice was he was trending down and getting older. The ROI wouldn't have been there most likely.

Hunt is a 23-year-old pro bowler. Some GM/coach on thin ice could very well pull the trigger.

Sounds like a guy Gruden would trade a 2nd rounder for

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Octopus said:

There was a video of Mixon breaking a young woman’s face.

Very good point. Perhaps it will prove me wrong. I just think circumstances and climate are different. It is a great point against my line though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, franchise punter said:

I remember the Browns talked to Ray Rice a year or so after that video came out. I would think they weren't the only team. Thing with Rice was he was trending down and getting older. The ROI wouldn't have been there most likely.

Hunt is a 23-year-old pro bowler. Some GM/coach on thin ice could very well pull the trigger.

But what does  "talked to mean"? Who put that story into the media?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:

It's not right to say "video=lifetime ban" and "no video=get a new team" because that implies horrible things that happen off camera aren't as real. However, I think the "optics" of it are such that people are do disgusted seeing the video of these things that there is no real recovery from. 

That I agree with. When the Ray Rice thing happened a poster on my old forum mentioned people just shoved Assaulting women to the Curb. It was a baseball forum so topic names brought up including Bobby Cox the Braves manager and others. people didn't make a big deal of them because of no video. After the Rice video people changed opinions on Assaulting women overall. People are still mad that Mixon and Hill and AP and Foster are still employed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Very good point. Perhaps it will prove me wrong. I just think circumstances and climate are different. It is a great point against my line though. 

I was shocked he was drafted right after that was released - although it was by the Bengals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, franchise punter said:

I remember the Browns talked to Ray Rice a year or so after that video came out. I would think they weren't the only team. Thing with Rice was he was trending down and getting older. The ROI wouldn't have been there most likely.

Hunt is a 23-year-old pro bowler. Some GM/coach on thin ice could very well pull the trigger.

John Grudden ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.