What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kareem Hunt, CLE (3 Viewers)

.  Still, I would expect whatever contract he signs to be very small and very short.
I keep forgetting how the rules work with UFA. I'd be willing to bet he signs a two year deal and this is all moot but if he did sign a one year deal would he be eligible for UFA in 2020 or do you have to accrue 4 seasons so he's just a RFA? I think he has to accrue 4 seasons.

Personally I hope he can turn this into a financial positive because the CBA rules for RB's is grossly unjust and not only has it screwed RB's stuck on rookie wage scale but it's made those kind of RB's so attractive it hurts veteran RB pay. When they redo the CBA the RB's need a voice in that room, they need some kind of special consideration given to a position with a shorter shelf life.

So you're not interested in re-hasing this, but you do anyway.  I will respond to your comment, then.

I think there's a big difference between "any behavior short of murder" and wanting to stay at a party where she's not wanted and loudly knocking on a person's door.  

Regardless of whether this had been a woman or a man, HUNT CAME AFTER HER.  She was out of the apartment/hotel room.  You're choosing to believe the accounts of Hunt's allies (who didn't file any charges with regards to the claims they made, which is interesting), and ignore the video evidence of Hunt FOLLOWING her after she left his room and ATTACKING HER, without any video evidence of being provoked.  

It's unfortunate, IMO, that some people are willing to allow any behavior short of murder out of a person just because he's athletically gifted and hold them accountable as well, but that's their prerogative.
Actually, he didn't rehash it...  He acknowledged wrong doing on Hunt's part and pointed out that she get' a free pass because she is a woman.  Pretty simple statement.

You have a problem not letting things go.

Last edited by a moderator:
When they redo the CBA the RB's need a voice in that room, they need some kind of special consideration given to a position with a shorter shelf life.

Supply and demand.  RBs are simply more replacable than other positions.  Teams don’t have to pay top dollar to get solid production out of the backfield.

And would it surprise you to find out that the average RBs career in the NFL is less than 3 months less than the average WR career?

DropKick said:
Actually, he didn't rehash it...  He acknowledged wrong doing on Hunt's part and pointed out that she get' a free pass because she is a woman.  Pretty simple statement.

You have a problem not letting things go.
No, I don't have a problem letting things go.  I do, however, feel it's appropriate to point out falsehoods, and to respond when someone speaks to me (or posts to me).

As far as him saying she's getting a free pass because she's a woman; that's just not true.  He's trying to give Hunt a free pass for some reason.

It doesn't matter whether the victim is a woman or man, there's no legal justification for physical violence short of defending yourself, and the woman was out of the room, so there's no rational way to claim self-defense.  Hunt went out after her, Hunt charged at her, Hunt knocked her to the ground, and Hunt kicked her on the ground, when he had no need to do so.

If some guy had called Hunt a bad name and cut him off while driving then driven away, so Hunt follows him and knocks him to the ground after he parks, is it giving the other driver a pass to say that Hunt attacked him?  

No, I don't have a problem letting things go.  I do, however, feel it's appropriate to point out falsehoods, and to respond when someone speaks to me (or posts to me).

As far as him saying she's getting a free pass because she's a woman; that's just not true.  He's trying to give Hunt a free pass for some reason.

It doesn't matter whether the victim is a woman or man, there's no legal justification for physical violence short of defending yourself, and the woman was out of the room, so there's no rational way to claim self-defense.  Hunt went out after her, Hunt charged at her, Hunt knocked her to the ground, and Hunt kicked her on the ground, when he had no need to do so.

If some guy had called Hunt a bad name and cut him off while driving then driven away, so Hunt follows him and knocks him to the ground after he parks, is it giving the other driver a pass to say that Hunt attacked him?  
Please find some other soap opera to post about - this thread needs to move on.

There's 15 pages on this crap that you can go skim though to get your share of drama. Let's discuss football, please.

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms "multiple teams" are interested in signing free agent RB Kareem Hunt.

This echoes a similar report filed by NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. Hunt is facing a lengthy suspension for multiple off-field discretions, most notably a physical altercation with a woman outside his Cleveland hotel last February. His punishment should be decided before free agency opens in March and according to Schefter, the 23-year-old shouldn't struggle for interest on the open market. Bears coach Matt Nagy has already said he'd be open to reuniting with Hunt, who he coached while serving as the Chiefs' offensive coordinator in 2017. The league's leading rusher last season, Hunt has undergone daily anger management counseling since late November and teams have reportedly been pleased by the progress he's made. Schefter was told by one league source that Hunt will return to the NFL "sooner rather than later," though he'll need to be reinstated from the commissioner's exempt list before that can happen.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the length of free agent Kareem Hunt's suspension will be determined before the start of free agency.

In addition to the widely-circulated video of Hunt shoving and kicking a woman outside his Cleveland hotel room last February, the league is also investigating two other incidents, one involving a physical altercation at a club and another at a resort. The former Chief has yet to speak to NFL investigators, though his fate should be decided sometime before the start of free agency in March. Despite his off-field troubles, "several teams" have reportedly kept tabs on Hunt, who led the NFL with 1,327 rushing yards as a rookie in 2017 and was having an even better year prior to his release in 2018. Hunt has already been linked to the Bears, who are coached by former Chiefs OC Matt Nagy. Rapoport fully expects the 23-year-old to play in the NFL next season.

Yet you insist on rehashing it...

Bronco Billy said:
Those numbers can be misleading imo. 

When applying them to a player of Hunt's caliber, the average career of EVERY player.. drafted in the 7th round, the 5th round, undrafted... seems irrelevant?  Fairly obvious your WR1s play longer than your RB1s.... by a LOT.

eta - also seems someone better at math could apply modifiers to these numbers based on how many players at each position get rostered... going to be more WRs than RBs in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/390057/Eagles-could-be-landing-spot-for-Kareem-Hunt

Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski considers the Eagles a landing spot for free agent Kareem Hunt.

This isn’t the first time the Eagles have been connected to Hunt. The league is expected to hand down Hunt’s suspension before the start of free agency, so there should be clarity on his status in the coming weeks. Hunt is likely to have interest from multiple teams.

Source: Philly Voice

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/390057/Eagles-could-be-landing-spot-for-Kareem-Hunt

Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski considers the Eagles a landing spot for free agent Kareem Hunt.

This isn’t the first time the Eagles have been connected to Hunt. The league is expected to hand down Hunt’s suspension before the start of free agency, so there should be clarity on his status in the coming weeks. Hunt is likely to have interest from multiple teams.

Source: Philly Voice
Sweet !

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said he expects the Buccaneers to consider signing free agent Kareem Hunt this offseason.

"I would expect teams like the Bucs with big time running back needs and the propensity to make a splash in free agency to be linked to him," said Rapsheet in a radio interview with 95.3 WDAE. It sounds like Rapoport is just speculating, though he's correct in assessing the Bucs' running back need. Only three teams rushed for fewer yards than Tampa Bay in 2018 while only the Cardinals averaged fewer yards per carry. Hunt would be a noticeable improvement on Peyton Barber, who was one of the league's least efficient rushers last season. The former rushing champ should resurface at some point, though interested teams will likely wait until they know the length of his suspension before signing him.

Related: Buccaneers

Source: Pewter Report 

Jan 30 - 8:07 PM

For those saying the value is dead, Hunt still hasn't had his suspension announced.  He has multiple flare ups over the past year so the suspension could be lengthy....maybe even a year.  Likely a min of 6 games so it doesn't zap all of Chubb's value but it definitely is a strange signing.  Not really sure why the Browns would do it. 

For those saying the value is dead, Hunt still hasn't had his suspension announced.  He has multiple flare ups over the past year so the suspension could be lengthy....maybe even a year.  Likely a min of 6 games so it doesn't zap all of Chubb's value but it definitely is a strange signing.  Not really sure why the Browns would do it. 
Because they are the Browns.  

You are correct, but I would think he won’t get a massive contract next offseason.  If he can stay out of trouble, he’d be smart to sign a short deal, stay out of trouble, dominate when his suspension ends, then go for a big contract.
I think he'll get a pretty big contract, my guess is just that it will be incentive laden so a team can cut bait if necessary.

I don’t see how this makes sense for Hunt unless it’s a massive overpay. How does he get to earn a big payday splitting carried (at best) with Chubb?

Chubb is a far superior back to Hunt. This is a great buying opportunity if this is the initial reaction. 
I may not use the word “far” but even as a Hunt owner and non-Chubb owner I have to agree Chubb is the better back. I just don’t see how this makes any sense for the Browns or for Hunt though.

Maybe they will now trade Duke away, since he's one of the most under utilized backs in the league. He and Gio Bernard both could use a change of scenery IMO 

Your takes are... Different
I stopped concerning myself with what other people think long ago. Most backs only get a few years of production. A 215lb RB that ran a 4.6 who excelled in an offense that allowed Spencer Ware and Damien Williams succeed (who will also serve a 4 to 8 game suspension) does not concern me against a player who has hit 22 mph at 230 lbs. Nick Chubb would have been viewed the same as Gurley or Barkley had he not had a major knee injury. Chubb >> Hunt. If people want to freak out about this, I will be buying Chubb all day. 

RB decisions last 11 months:

- 3/15: Signed Carlos Hyde to a 3-year, $15.25m deal. 

- 4/27: Drafted Nick Chubb in the 2nd round.

- 6/8: Signed Duke Johnson to a 3-year, $15.6m extension.

- 10/19: Traded Hyde to JAX for a 5th-round pick.

- 2/11: Signed Kareem Hunt.

Didn't Gurley also have a major knee injury in college?  Or am I mixing him up with someone else?
He did but it was only ACL. Chubb actually didn’t tear his ACL but tore three tendons in his knee. People thought it was a career ender at the time.

Nick Chubb would have been viewed the same as Gurley or Barkley had he not had a major knee injury.
Not really.

He was I think a solid 2 years removed from his injury when he got drafted and was never the threat these two are in the passing game. Meanwhile Gurley went 10th months after tearing his ACL. 

Not really.

He was I think a solid 2 years removed from his injury when he got drafted and was never the threat these two are in the passing game. Meanwhile Gurley went 10th months after tearing his ACL. 
Gurley was not a pass catcher coming out of school. You’re either misremembering or changing the narrative. Like I stated: people thought Chubb’s career was over. He had his leg below the knee pointing in the wrong direction on national TV and split with Michel from that point on. All factors that lead to his slide in the draft, if you can even quantify it as that since he went top of round 2.

Gurley was not a pass catcher coming out of school. You’re either misremembering or changing the narrative. Like I stated: people thought Chubb’s career was over. He had his leg below the knee pointing in the wrong direction on national TV and split with Michel from that point on. All factors that lead to his slide in the draft, if you can even quantify it as that since he went top of round 2.
I'm sure not the one failing to remember Gurley's pass catching ability and don't now WTH you are talking about with this change the narrative nonsense.

I stopped concerning myself with what other people think long ago. Most backs only get a few years of production. A 215lb RB that ran a 4.6 who excelled in an offense that allowed Spencer Ware and Damien Williams succeed (who will also serve a 4 to 8 game suspension) does not concern me against a player who has hit 22 mph at 230 lbs. Nick Chubb would have been viewed the same as Gurley or Barkley had he not had a major knee injury. Chubb >> Hunt. If people want to freak out about this, I will be buying Chubb all day. 
I think Hunt and Chubb are similar level of talent so your statement that Chubb is far better than Hunt isn't something I agree with. I think they are both good enough to be top 12 fantasy RB. Hunt won't with a 6-8 week suspension in 2019 of course and Chubb won't have to worry about Hunt until later on in the season.

Hunt is a better receiver than Chubb otherwise I think they are about the same. Very good.

Weight isn't a skill.

I went back and looked at Gurley’s college stats. I’m the one who is misremembering so I apologize to @menobrown... 
Also I think if you wanted to try and say Chubb's lack of pass catching was not a big issue and he's still have gone high in the draft you could have used Fournette as an example.  Had he never got hurt he might have compared favorably to someone like Fournette.

We'll never know. I'd concede it's possible he could have been like a top 10 pick,  but I really don't think so and in terms of when they were drafted  I think Gurley's injury was a bigger concern for NFL teams.

Also let me ask you this. Do you think Chubb is the same player as before he got hurt?

Users who are viewing this thread