Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Biabreakable

Dynasty Kareem Hunt Cleveland Browns

42 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

I want to but am leaning Fitz at SF. Tough match up and TNF games always seem to hurt me.

I own Fitz and no way that he would sniff my line-up vs SF.  He is strictly possession guy now.

5 minutes ago, stlrams said:

I own Fitz and no way that he would sniff my line-up vs SF.  He is strictly possession guy now.

He's had four catches over forty yards this year, at least. That was in the first five games. I'm wondering what's up with Fitz, too. He should be thriving. 

7 minutes ago, rockaction said:

He's had four catches over forty yards this year, at least. That was in the first five games. I'm wondering what's up with Fitz, too. He should be thriving. 

It appears Kirk is down the field guy now.. 

Callaway getting released means Hunt should get a similar number of targets. I think he has a nice game today (60-70 total yards and a score). 

38 minutes ago, FGITLOTR said:

Callaway getting released means Hunt should get a similar number of targets. I think he has a nice game today (60-70 total yards and a score). 

Yup starting him with a little confidence 

4 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

anyone starting him tonight?  I did last week and was pretty happy with the result.  Heard on the radio today that Steelers have not given up a receiving TD to a RB all season and are holding RB's to under 30 yards receiving per game.  He's not going to get meaningful carries (I don't think), so i'm wondering what we can reasonably expect.  Kinda feeling like rolling with Sony instead.   

ETA this strategy is not without issue.  Eagles DLine has been pretty stout against the run this year.

I thought about it but gonna rule with Deebo at flex over Hunt

I decided to go with him over Sony and Hollywood.  Gives me a reason to watch tonight.  Hope he breaks a long one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

I decided to go with him over Sony and Hollywood.  Gives me a reason to watch tonight.  Hope he breaks a long one.

Over Sony is pretty tough choice.. Hope it woks out for you.

10 hours ago, Concept Coop said:

I think Gordon will, based on the fact that he already turned one down, if the reports are accurate. I offered up 21M/3yr for Hunt.

I agree that it’s a bad move to give RBs that kind of money - I think Zeke’s contract was a bad move, even. But I expect it to continue. Teams regularly make bad free agent signings at all positions. 

I don't recall there ever being a trend of bad signings like the current trend of signings of big second RB contracts. Given that, it seems possible that teams will adapt their behavior on RB contracts. :shrug: 

Kareem Hunt caught 6-of-8 targets for 46 yards in the Browns' Week 11 win over the Steelers, adding six rushes for 12 additional yards.

Being used like James White behind workhorse Nick Chubb, Hunt is now up to 17 targets in two games, adding 10 carries on the ground. Chubb is running too well to cede early-down work, but Hunt has already established himself as the Browns' No. 3 weapon in the passing game, giving him immediate PPR FLEX value. Hunt could flirt with RB2 status vs. the pathetic Dolphins in Week 12.

Edited by The Frankman

Hunt looks fresh out there. He's an excellent route runner and was open more times than not, it's just the offensive line would cave and Baker would roll. 

3 hours ago, Encumbrance said:

Hunt looks fresh out there. He's an excellent route runner and was open more times than not, it's just the offensive line would cave and Baker would roll. 

I would have thought Hunt would have some nicer runs since his legs are like brand new tires and everybody else has half a season of wear and tear on theirs.

31 minutes ago, Kevrunner said:

I would have thought Hunt would have some nicer runs since his legs are like brand new tires and everybody else has half a season of wear and tear on theirs.

his first two runs went for five apiece. Then he had one rush on 3rd and 3 and a few at the end of the game when the defense was keying on the run game. I wouldn't put much stock in it.

2 hours ago, Kevrunner said:

Guy had 6 attempts. They weren't really using him as a back, but lining him up all over the field. He had 8 targets, and think he looked quick and effective out there.

Chubb is one of the best backs in the league. They would be foolish not to feed him the rock. But they would also be foolish to not utilize Hunt. I think he'll continue to be used as a receiver in space, and I think you'll see those nice runs happen -- on the ground or YAC like last night. 

Kareem Hunt rushed eight times for 37 yards and a touchdown and caught 2-of-3 targets for nine yards in Week 12 against Miami.

Hunt's role didn't change much this week, but he capitalized on a red-zone carry for his first touchdown with the Browns. Cleveland used some two back formations with both Hunt and Nick Chubb in the game. Hunt has played well the last two weeks, so the Browns should continue to get him involved. He gets a matchup with the Steelers in Week 13.

Edited by The Frankman

Kareem Hunt rushed seven times for 46 yards, hauling in all five of his targets for 19 yards and a touchdown in Cleveland's disappointing Week 13 loss to the Steelers.

Nick Chubb out-carried Hunt 16 to 7 but it was the latter who shredded multiple tackles in the second quarter to breakaway for a 15-yard touchdown catch and put the Browns up 10-0 early. Chubb's now out-carried Hunt 84 to 25 since the duo first united in Week 10 but it hasn't effected either since Hunt's golden ticket continues to be his 6.2 targets per game; Chubb's receiving-game usage was previously nonexistent, too, losing reps to both Dontrell Hilliard and AAF castoff D'Ernest Johnson. Hunt will remain a matchup-proof RB3/FLEX the rest of the season if only for his involvement as a receiver.

Edited by The Frankman

Kareem Hunt rushed nine times for 28 yards and one touchdown in the Browns' Week 14 win over the Bengals.

He added two catches for 40 yards on three targets. Hunt's three-yard rushing score came two plays after Nick Chubb did all the work with a 57-yard run down to the three-yard line. Hunt has double-digit touches in all five games he's played since his suspension. Hunt will be an RB2/3 play next week against the Cardinals.

Dec 8, 2019, 6:08 PM ET

Kareem Hunt rushed three times for zero yards in the Browns' Week 16 loss to the Ravens, adding four receptions for 33 additional yards.

Hunt continues to largely work alongside Nick Chubb as a co-starting RB. His receiving work has been consistent, as only Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham have more targets in this offense since Hunt returned from suspension. The talented third-year RB could find himself a new home in 2020, but he’s earned weekly RB2 treatment in full-PPR formats in Cleveland thanks to their willingness to utilize plenty of two-RB formations.

Edited by The Frankman

Looks like time heals wounds.  I believe Hunt no longer wants to play second fiddle to Chubb and will jump at the chance to sign elsewhere in 2020.  He's a restricted FA, but I don't think Cleveland would match what another team is willing to pay.

Edited by JohnnyU

4 minutes ago, Slider said:

The Chiefs would be a perfect landing spot. 👀

That's the one spot where I'm sure the wound hasn't healed.

• Like 2

well he really didn't do much after all the hype...

he will sign elsewhere next year but not for much i suspect

6 minutes ago, killface said:

well he really didn't do much after all the hype...

he will sign elsewhere next year but not for much i suspect

I bet he gets a lot more than what he signed for in Cleveland.

Just now, JohnnyU said:

I bet he gets a lot more than what he signed for in Cleveland.

he made 645k this year so you are probably not wrong but he's not going to get a ton i suspect

3 minutes ago, killface said:

he made 645k this year so you are probably not wrong but he's not going to get a ton i suspect

Well,  there's the  money aspect, which is huge, but I'm sure he also wants the opportunity to be the featured back.  I think he's in a good position to get both.

Just now, Tool said:

Contract could be decent but have some out clauses

I agree, but it won't be in Cleveland.  That much I do know, or think I know.

1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:

Well,  there's the  money aspect, which is huge, but I'm sure he also wants the opportunity to be the featured back.  I think he's in a good position to get both.

i suspect he will be lucky to get ingram money but what do i know...i'm sure he wants to be featured however.

1 minute ago, killface said:

i suspect he will be lucky to get ingram money but what do i know...i'm sure he wants to be featured however.

"Lucky to get Ingram money".  I'm sure he would be delighted to get a decent contract more than what he got in 2019.  I believe the combination of more money and opportunity is a foregone conclusion with Hunt.

Houston would be a good fit for him and they have some cash (although some of that will go to Tunesil/Roby and others.) Both Miller and Hyde are FA’s.

The Browns are clearly in the driver’s seat when it comes to Hunt.  They can sign him to a long term team, which probably won’t happen. Most likely they will tender him.  They can give him a 1st round tender, which costs only $4 to $5 million.  If a team signs Hunt, the Browns would get a 1st round pick.  Pretty expensive for any other NFL team to sign Hunt to an expensive contract, then have to give the Browns their 1st round draft pick.  A team can sign him and work out a trade with the Browns too and not have to give up a 1st round pick in this scenario.  If Hunt gets a 2nd round tender from the Browns, that would be around $3 million for 1 year.  It’s just going to be real expensive for any other NFL team to acquire Hunt for the 2020 season.  With the rookie draft being extremely loaded, it is going to be interesting if a team goes after Hunt aggressively. 

7 minutes ago, Kevrunner said:

The Browns are clearly in the driver’s seat when it comes to Hunt.  They can sign him to a long term team, which probably won’t happen. Most likely they will tender him.  They can give him a 1st round tender, which costs only $4 to $5 million.  If a team signs Hunt, the Browns would get a 1st round pick.  Pretty expensive for any other NFL team to sign Hunt to an expensive contract, then have to give the Browns their 1st round draft pick.  A team can sign him and work out a trade with the Browns too and not have to give up a 1st round pick in this scenario.  If Hunt gets a 2nd round tender from the Browns, that would be around $3 million for 1 year.  It’s just going to be real expensive for any other NFL team to acquire Hunt for the 2020 season.  With the rookie draft being extremely loaded, it is going to be interesting if a team goes after Hunt aggressively. 

I doubt they tender him at a 1st or 2nd.  Like you said, this draft is loaded and they could spend a 5th rd pick on a pretty good RB to replace him. 

ETA:  .....and a lot cheaper than 5 million or 3 million. 

Edited by JohnnyU

On 12/29/2019 at 7:34 PM, JohnnyU said:

I doubt they tender him at a 1st or 2nd.  Like you said, this draft is loaded and they could spend a 5th rd pick on a pretty good RB to replace him. 

The Browns just hold all the cards.  Worse case is they lose Hunt after the 2020 season due to him becoming a unrestricted free agent.  The Browns would  then get a compensatory pick in the 2021 draft, probably a 3rd rounder.   Best case for the Browns is a team really wants Hunt now and they can work out some kind of trade.   For example, the Browns tender Hunt at a 2nd rounder, then they can trade his rights to another team for less than that, maybe a team will give the Browns a 3rd and 5th round pick or a player.  The new team will have to pay Hunt at the 2nd round tender $$$ though, or they could also agree to a new contract which would be a 99% chance of occurring. A team would not make that trade without having discussions with Hunt and his agent.  If the Browns only tender Hunt at a 3rd round value, they are almost giving Hunt away.  I could be totally wrong, but this is how I see it.  The Texans ended up giving the Browns a 3rd round pick for Duke Johnson (it was a 4th round conditional, which ended up being a 3rd).   I’m sure the Browns would want more than that for Hunt.  A 3rd round tender is just a little over $2 million.

Edited by Kevrunner

KC must be kicking themselves (see what I’d did there) for cutting him loose so quick.   With the talk in here Im assuming no team is even going to care he got suspended for half the season and that’s all in the past.  they will just be getting him cheaper if anything.  

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

15 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

$4.4M for one season isn't much for a playmaker and it all but guarantees no one makes a big offer for him - and if they do, they get to replace him with ETN or Dobbins for 1/2 the money?  I think that's a no-brainer.  They are rolling $32M over and have plenty more, and a ton of ways to clear more - Vernon would be $15M, Kirksey and Carrie another $7M each. 

Dorsey brought him in, and Dorsey is now gone.  I'm thinking Hunt is too.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, killface said:

Hunt is gone for sure.

Not so fast. I think he still gets tendered with a 2 (maybe a 3), but will another team offer a contract and be willing to lose the pick? Because I think it's much more likely the Browns take the pick now instead. 

The Browns will get the compensatory pick consideration if he leaves, that's a plenty good payoff for that position and the money he will cost.

Edited by Endowed

Just now, Endowed said:

The Browns will get the compensatory pick consideration if he leaves, that's a plenty good payoff for that position and th he money he will cost.

Not exactly how the formula works, but doesnt matter this year. He's RFA. Not UFA. But because of that I think he still gets tendered with a 2. 

14 hours ago, beef said:

Dorsey brought him in, and Dorsey is now gone.  I'm thinking Hunt is too.  

I hope you’re right, but I don’t necessarily agree. Hunt’s talent is undeniable and any new GM would prob want to take advantage of his contract situation  

On 12/29/2019 at 8:45 PM, Kevrunner said:

The Browns would  then get a compensatory pick in the 2021 draft, probably a 3rd rounder.  

It would be a 2022 pick and there would be a chance they wouldn’t get any pick at all let alone a third. A third would mean he was signed to a big money contract and the Browns added no one else.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

Not so fast. I think he still gets tendered with a 2 (maybe a 3), but will another team offer a contract and be willing to lose the pick? Because I think it's much more likely the Browns take the pick now instead. 

I can’t see any team offering Hunt big money and forfeiting a second (or even a third) round pick to do so. It would be way smarter to just take a RB in the second at the rookie rate.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I can’t see any team offering Hunt big money and forfeiting a second (or even a third) round pick to do so. It would be way smarter to just take a RB in the second at the rookie rate.

In theory that sounds great, but Hunt has a proven track record and is a top 10 talent at his position. He’s young, durable, a true 3 down back, and can still be had for a decent price, in comparison to other top 10 guys at his position. With the amount of draft picks that don’t hit, I see a few GM’s opt for a sure thing and pay Hunt. He’s a difference maker and teams like the Lions, Bucs, Dolphins, 49ers (imagine him in that offense), Steelers, Jags (if Leonard signs elsewhere), and others would we wise to at least consider giving him a deal. 

1 minute ago, FGITLOTR said:

In theory that sounds great, but Hunt has a proven track record and is a top 10 talent at his position. He’s young, durable, a true 3 down back, and can still be had for a decent price, in comparison to other top 10 guys at his position. With the amount of draft picks that don’t hit, I see a few GM’s opt for a sure thing and pay Hunt. He’s a difference maker and teams like the Lions, Bucs, Dolphins, 49ers (imagine him in that offense), Steelers, Jags (if Leonard signs elsewhere), and others would we wise to at least consider giving him a deal. 

You never know. I would definitely agree if he was an UFA but if a team has to pay him and give up the pick? I just don’t see a GM making a mistake like that - although there’s many foolish teams out there I guess.

I do like Hunt but I wouldn’t call him a top 10 talent either - KC has shown than many backs can put up stats in that offense.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

You never know. I would definitely agree if he was an UFA but if a team has to pay him and give up the pick? I just don’t see a GM making a mistake like that - although there’s many foolish teams out there I guess.

I do like Hunt but I wouldn’t call him a top 10 talent either - KC has shown than many backs can put up stats in that offense.

Having seen him up close for this past (half) season, I am VERY impressed.  If you asked me to choose one, him or Chubb, I honestly don't know which I'd take.  He does it all -- with strength.  IMO, he is a top 10 talent.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I agree on the last part, but I dont think it'll be big money. That's why I think it's a realistic possibility. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, daveR said:

Having seen him up close for this past (half) season, I am VERY impressed.  If you asked me to choose one, him or Chubb, I honestly don't know which I'd take.  He does it all -- with strength.  IMO, he is a top 10 talent.

He’s definitely talented. If we want to throw out a generic “top 10 talent” tag for him I guess I can buy that but, it’s relative. Off the top of my head I think the following backs are clearly better:

Barkley, McCaffrey, Kamara, Elliot, Cook, Chubb, Ingram, Gurley (injuries may drop him off), Mixon...

...then there would be a group that would be at best debatable including Henry, Bell, Gordon, Fournette, Drake...

...and while I get that we don’t know what an incoming rookie will do at the NFL level until they actually take the field I don’t think it’s outrageous to say that there 3-4 backs that may likely move ahead of Hunt.

So I get that he’s a very good all around RB but is he worth $4-5MM plus forfeiting a second round pick? I would not want my team making a move like that.

Edited by Dr. Octopus