Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Biabreakable

Dynasty Kareem Hunt Cleveland Browns

Recommended Posts

The act itself isn't a big deal, however a guy that has a history of making bad choices doesn't seem like this is a good choice.  Nobody has any idea what the Browns told him with regards to this kind of allegation.  They may have told him they have a zero tolerance policy for something like this. 

 

It's a big deal because of his situation and only because of his situation.  Who knows how it will play out......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, menobrown said:

You confused me with all that Lerner talk.

🤕 Good call, edited.  Haslem is a dud as an owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

TMZ just posted footage of Hunt getting pulled over.  Here it is - https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/27/kareem-hunt-speeding-arrest-marijuana-body-dash-cam-video/

He admits smoking, because he says he would fail a drug test at that moment.  He shouldn't have said that.

Yup.  Now his piss will be constantly tested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like he will be sitting out again...  Does Goodell have a "Repeat offender" register where he records names... those who need more than a smack on the wrist to learn?  

It appears Hunt is struggling to learn...  Another example of missed opportunities & talent wasted.  I was fully expecting him to be clean and have a role in Clev. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

Looks like he will be sitting out again...  Does Goodell have a "Repeat offender" register where he records names... those who need more than a smack on the wrist to learn?  

It appears Hunt is struggling to learn...  Another example of missed opportunities & talent wasted.  I was fully expecting him to be clean and have a role in Clev. 

does he even stay on cleveland....Dorsey was probably the whole reason he was there.....I could see him getting cut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

does he even stay on cleveland....Dorsey was probably the whole reason he was there.....I could see him getting cut

I see him staying in Cleveland ..  but also missing another 8 games 2020 ... they have a "support group for him" and I think this keeps him there. 

But whoever takes the chance won't pay much (in trade assests or contract signing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

does he even stay on cleveland....Dorsey was probably the whole reason he was there.....I could see him getting cut

That be bad for him. If he gets cut, who will pick him up. He most likely is looking at a suspension and he has 2 knocks in like 13 months. He could be a bad pickup. 
 

after 2 knocks they need to start abolishing guys from football. Let them go work a regular job and maybe they will appreciate what they had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

In a police video of Kareem Hunt's Jan. 21 traffic stop obtained by TMZ Sports, Hunt admitted he would "fail an NFL drug test if one were administered to him at the time."

Emotional throughout a lengthy conversation with the officer who pulled him over, Hunt said he had been "fighting a lot of (stuff) lately," and that his release from the Chiefs "still hurts me to this day." Hunt eventually admitted that the marijuana in his vehicle was his, but the officer decided to let him off with only a speeding ticket. The officer was aware of Hunt's off-the-field history, at one point even bringing up the Ray Rice incident while reminding Hunt of his second chance. It is unclear if the NFL will take action. Hunt has never been suspended under the substance-abuse policy.

 

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

.I could see him getting cut

He's not under contract so they'd just not tender him.

 

1 hour ago, Birdie048 said:

 but also missing another 8 games 2020 ...

 

1 hour ago, PennStater77 said:

 He most likely is looking at a suspension and he has 2 knocks in like 13 months.

I'd be absolutely shocked if he got so much as a one game suspension over any of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, menobrown said:

I'd be absolutely shocked if he got so much as a one game suspension over any of this.

Goodell will Goodell.  If he elected to suspend Hunt for a game would that really be shocking?  The Commish is much less lenient with players he's already had 'the talk' with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trader jake said:

Goodell will Goodell.  If he elected to suspend Hunt for a game would that really be shocking?  The Commish is much less lenient with players he's already had 'the talk' with.

As clearly as I can state yes I'd be shocked and frankly not sure what people are talking about with 8 game suspension and sure to be suspended talk.

I think people are mixing up the personal conduct policy with leagues policy on drug use.

Getting a speeding ticket for doing 67 in a 50 zone  is not getting you suspended under the personal conduct policy, past offender or not.

Getting caught with such a small amount of weed that it did not even merit a citation is not only not enough to get suspended under the NFL' drug policy but you actually have to fail MULTIPLE drug tests for marijuana to get suspended.

This hurt Hunt in terms of Browns possible desire to keep him and other NFL teams viewing him as someone they can't trust. I'm not 100% sure on this but it's possible  the video and his admission he'd fail a test is enough to put him in the intervention program so now he has to take multiple random drug tests a year instead of once. This citation and video are fairly awful for a player entering RFA, but I don't think a suspension is forthcoming at all.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, menobrown said:

As clearly as I can state yes I'd be shocked and frankly not sure what people are talking about with 8 game suspension and sure to be suspended talk.

I think people are mixing up the personal conduct policy with leagues policy on drug use.

Getting a speeding ticket for doing 67 in a 50 zone  is not getting you suspended under the personal conduct policy, past offender or not.

Getting caught with such a small amount of weed that it did not even merit a citation is not only not enough to get suspended under the NFL' drug policy but you actually have to fail MULTIPLE drug tests for marijuana to get suspended.

This hurt Hunt in terms of Browns possible desire to keep him and other NFL teams viewing him as someone they can't trust. I'm not 100% sure on this but it's possible  the video and his admission he'd fail a test is enough to put him in the intervention program so now he has to take multiple random drug tests a year instead of once. This citation and video are fairly awful for a player entering RFA, but I don't think a suspension is forthcoming at all.

we don't know if he is in the drug program or not...do we??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

we don't know if he is in the drug program or not...do we??

He told the cop he had never failed a  drug test so I think we do know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Rocket surgeon?

No, but probably rocket scientist or brain surgeon.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that we don't know all the details (like is he in the "Drug/Substance Program" or how Goodell will treat it as a "repeat in front of my desk" name).

IMO, He is not worth the risk.  I don't know if he will get a major suspension, but I see his long term value being in jeapordy from this incident. 

This event (speeding) will not draw any real NFL violations, but the video shows more details about his character.  The league Front Office folks will look at this as a major red flag as to his stability and reliability.  He is just not worth the risk and like on some draft boards, his name can be dropped.  Talent alone is not enough to make it in this league as there is always another young player coming up without all the headaches he carries with him.  I don't think it is the $ involved, but the Coach wants to have a dependable player in the locker room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was under the impression he's not in the program yet so if they tested him, it's what, 2 game suspension max? It does hurt his pocket book though and whoever released the video is a ####ty person. The cop was trying to give the guy a break on something that A. isn't illegal in many states in this country and B. shouldn't be against the rules in the NFL. I think this actually makes it more likely that the Browns maintain him because interest league wide will be lower. I hope not though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if Hunt has no more setbacks in the offseason, many teams will be inquiring about him.  We now know he smokes weed, but he has never failed a test, which means he isn't in the substance abuse program.  That puts him in a category with about what, half the league?  All this recent drama has done is lower his price.  He's still the same guy who finished as a RB1 in his first 2 seasons, and finished only 2 spots lower than Chubb in the 2nd half of 2019, on 100 less carries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 5:29 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

we don't know if he is in the drug program or not...do we??

 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 5:34 PM, menobrown said:

He told the cop he had never failed a  drug test so I think we do know.

 

1 hour ago, TheWinz said:

I think if Hunt has no more setbacks in the offseason, many teams will be inquiring about him.  We now know he smokes weed, but he has never failed a test, which means he isn't in the substance abuse program.  That puts him in a category with about what, half the league?  All this recent drama has done is lower his price.  He's still the same guy who finished as a RB1 in his first 2 seasons, and finished only 2 spots lower than Chubb in the 2nd half of 2019, on 100 less carries.

I am not sure if him telling a cop he hasn't failed a test can be taken as truth.  It's likely he hasn't but I wouldn't be totally confident in that as fact.  Apparently a couple of you will take that as fact.  I guess that probably mimics the way GM's across the league view it.  Some will believe the guy some won't (although I am guessing they have access to know whether or not he has failed a test).  It just goes to the point that he is a question mark and doesn't show good decision making skills off the field.

 

If I am a GM I am probably staying away.  I would want to do an extensive interview and get a personal feeling about the guy.  Either way it's a flag and will affect his value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Gally said:

 

 

I am not sure if him telling a cop he hasn't failed a test can be taken as truth.  It's likely he hasn't but I wouldn't be totally confident in that as fact.  Apparently a couple of you will take that as fact.

You take it as fact when he said he'd fail a drug test if administered the day he was pulled over? 

I know if I got pulled over while smoking weed I'd be lying about my ability to pass a drug test at that time. Would see no reason to lie to the police officer about having failed a drug test in the past, what would be the point of that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, menobrown said:

You take it as fact when he said he'd fail a drug test if administered the day he was pulled over? 

I know if I got pulled over while smoking weed I'd be lying about my ability to pass a drug test at that time. Would see no reason to lie to the police officer about having failed a drug test in the past, what would be the point of that?

I just wouldn't take anything he is saying as fact at this point.  His credibility has taken a hit so he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. 

 

A reason to lie about failing a previous drug test is to not give precedent for you failing drug tests.  Personally, I wouldn't be volunteering any information in that situation which is another reason I wouldn't give anything he says credibility. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure he actually said he'd fail a drug test.  I think people are misinterpreting that part of the video.

Officer:  If you took a drug test would you fail it?

Hunt: I said, I said

Officer: (says something else that you can't really understand because he's saying most of it underneath Hunt's "I said, I said")

Hunt: Yes sir, yes sir you are right.

 

I think Hunt's "yes sir you are right" was an answer to whatever the officer said that we couldn't really make out.  Why would he answer "you are right" to a question that wasn't meant to be a leading question?  The officer said something else between his question and Hunt saying "yes sir you are right".

Edited by FreeBaGeL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe will cost of him some cash or added contract language and is a small red flag but don’t see this hurting value a ton. He was cooperative and sincere which prob one of reasons cop took it easy on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did he have trouble staying out of trouble before the NFL?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Warhogs said:

Did he have trouble staying out of trouble before the NFL?

 

He did run into a little bit of trouble which is detailed in the link below but with his family history it's pretty hard not to run into some issues.  I think he badly needs to get out of the Cleveland/Toledo area for his own good.

Kareem Hunt family criminal history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought there was something and for me this is another red flag. Children raised in a troubled home just seem to have a higher chance of running into trouble in their adult lives. I really hope this opportunity for him isn't squandered but in my dynasty leagues he slides down my board some due to potential for trouble.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To each their own but his family history just makes me pull harder for him, has no bearing on what I think of his dynasty stock, will just repeat I think it's in his best interest to get himself out of that area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gally said:

I am not sure if him telling a cop he hasn't failed a test can be taken as truth.  It's likely he hasn't but I wouldn't be totally confident in that as fact.  Apparently a couple of you will take that as fact.  I guess that probably mimics the way GM's across the league view it.  Some will believe the guy some won't (although I am guessing they have access to know whether or not he has failed a test).  It just goes to the point that he is a question mark and doesn't show good decision making skills off the field.

If I am a GM I am probably staying away.  I would want to do an extensive interview and get a personal feeling about the guy.  Either way it's a flag and will affect his value. 

It doesn't matter if he lied to the cops or not, because the NFL knows if he is in the program or not, and also know if he has ever failed a test.  The question is - do all the GM's know who has failed tests, and who is in the program?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gally said:

If I am a GM I am probably staying away.  

Pffffft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, menobrown said:

To each their own but his family history just makes me pull harder for him, has no bearing on what I think of his dynasty stock, will just repeat I think it's in his best interest to get himself out of that area.

I never liked him signing with Cleveland because he's from that area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, matuski said:

Pffffft.

Pfffft.........….I already have great RB's so I don't need him....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gally said:

Pfffft.........….I already have great RB's so I don't need him....

Were you referring to fantasy football players as GM's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, matuski said:

Were you referring to fantasy football players as GM's?

Some people do. That makes things nice and confusing. People got weirded out by saying they "own" a guy. I don't blame them for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matuski said:

Were you referring to fantasy football players as GM's?

My original comment was based on being a GM of an NFL franchise......I thought that was what you were Pfftting.   So i upped the joke about already being set at the NFL GM aspect of having quality RB's.   I guess the joke missed...haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Some people do. That makes things nice and confusing. People got weirded out by saying they "own" a guy. I don't blame them for that.

I blame them.  It's about context and when discussing FF if you say you "own" a guy it is obviously meant in the FF sense so why get weirded out?  That just seems like you are taking things way to seriously.  It's a fake game and just easier to use phrases like "I own Lamar Jackson" for discussion purposes.  The context is there so why make it out to be something it's not?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gally said:

I blame them.  It's about context and when discussing FF if you say you "own" a guy it is obviously meant in the FF sense so why get weirded out?  That just seems like you are taking things way to seriously.  It's a fake game and just easier to use phrases like "I own Lamar Jackson" for discussion purposes.  The context is there so why make it out to be something it's not?

Yeah, I'm generally not politically correct, but it seems weird to say you "own" somebody. I just say I manage a team and roster a guy. Not GM. Leaves nobody confused.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never heard anyone say “I roster ________” when talking about their fantasy teams. I agree with Gally on this one - there is nothing to see here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is pretty silly when discussing the context among fantasy people. I  admit in real life it seems odd when a player, especially one of AA descent, uses the term "my owner" which is why NBA sought to eliminate the use of the word owner but  this is off the charts ridiculous as it pertains to conversation among fantasy players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 5:26 PM, Gally said:

I blame them.  It's about context and when discussing FF if you say you "own" a guy it is obviously meant in the FF sense so why get weirded out?  That just seems like you are taking things way to seriously.  It's a fake game and just easier to use phrases like "I own Lamar Jackson" for discussion purposes.  The context is there so why make it out to be something it's not?

I don't pay attention to people that try and skew its meaning to something that's not PC.  That is totally ridiculous.   Some people have way too much time on their hands to worry about crap like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I don't pay attention to people that try and skew its meaning to something that's not PC.  That is totally ridiculous.   Some people have way too much time on their hands to worry about crap like that.

I don't think it is so much time as rather a lack of truly meaningfull things in life to worry about. So they create issues out of a need to fill that void.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Series of Hunt related tweets today

@ByNateUlrich

 

#Browns GM Andrew Berry said he & Kevin Stefanski have talked and met with Kareem Hunt and Odell Beckham Jr. We want guys who are going to be accountable on and off the field, and Kareem understands that. OBJ, we're happy to have him here, everybody needs to fit into our cultur

 

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said Kareem Hunt knows he needs to do better and what happened with recent traffic stop was not good

 

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said team wants Kareem Hunt back if he can meet expectations it has laid out for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Not a ringing endorsement for OBJ...

"Hunt, he knows he screwed up and is apologetic and wants to be here. OBJ... yeah... that guy... well, we are happy to have him if he can meet our standards..."

You're inferring that from information we haven't been given above, unless you have access to some other quotes.

My reading of it is that the owner is PISSED and -this close- to cutting him outright, if Hunt doesn't completely toe the line going forward.

Alternately, I see the front office guys saying that OBJ is fine going forward, they're happy to have him.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tangfoot said:

 

My reading of it is that the owner is PISSED and -this close- to cutting him outright, if Hunt doesn't completely toe the line going forward.

Alternately, I see the front office guys saying that OBJ is fine going forward, they're happy to have him.

 

I tend to view it similar to how you do as it relates to OBJ.

Not that I view it differently then you as it pertains to Hunt but they can't cut him since he's not under contract. So the words coming out of Browns FO today, in case anyone thought otherwise, is they are prepared to tender and/or try and resign Hunt. Some speculated they might be done with him and that's obviously not the case right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm reading also that OBJ is more cemented in Cleveland's plans and that Hunt better not mess up one more time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding, from CLE, is that they want both guys back.  They have OBJ under contract and both he & the club are moving forward together.  Hunt is a little less certain because of his contract status, but they want him back, though they could have done without the recent incident / annoyance.  

My personal $.02 on Hunt is that he is a top-10 RB.  I also see the speeding (75 mph) and minor buzz (weed) as things Joe Average has probably experienced.  75 is a bit too much in that area (70 is where I'd draw the line),  but  young people  frequently lack the better judgment that life eventually provides.  Regarding his acknowledged "probable failure" of a hypothetical drug test, I took that to mean weed, and I just don't care if he wants to get high in the off-season.  He wasn't sloppy drunk and dangerous to other drivers or he would have been hauled off to the drunk tank.  Bottom line: stay closer to the speed limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports restricted free agent Kareem Hunt expects to remain with the Browns.

Per Fowler, Hunt is hoping for a first-round tender, which is expected to be worth roughly $4.66 million, or a long-term deal. Hunt apparently isn't worried about his recent admission that he would likely fail a drug test. With Nick Chubb established on early downs, $4.66 million would be on the steep side for a third-down back in Hunt, albeit one capable of playing all three downs. Hunt's best bet for maximum earnings is probably still the open market. Leaving Cleveland is without question in the best interest of his fantasy value.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Feb 18, 2020, 3:09 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.