What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Week 1 Odds OUT in Vegas (1 Viewer)

Johnny Detroit

Footballguy
Pats -7 vs Chiefs

Bills -6.5 vs Jets

Falcons -5.5 vs Bears

Texans -4.5 vs Jags

Redskins -2.5 vs Eagles

Lions -2.5 vs Cardinals

Titans PK vs Raiders

Dolphins -2 vs Bucs

Bengals -1 vs Ravens

Steelers -9.5 vs Browns

Colts -3.5 vs Rams

Packers -2.5 vs Seahawks

Panthers -4 vs 49ers

Cowboys -6 vs Giants

Vikings -4 vs Saints

Broncos -3.5 vs Chargers

Complete list of NFL Week 1 sides and totals from both Westgate and Golden Nugget

I'll take the entire NFC south. But would feel the least confident in the saints. 

Falcons -5.5 vs Bears

Panthers -4 vs 49ers

Dolphins -2 vs Bucs

Vikings -4 vs Saints

In week #1 I always lean home underdogs as the betting public are convinced they know more about the 2017 season than they(or any of us) really do. 

CLE over PIT on the moneyline. Doesn't PIT often lay an early season egg under Tomlin? Between the two teams which one is more likely to improve drastically after the NFL draft? Which team has a higher chance of being bitten by the green monster? April 20th was yesterday but we won't find out the fallout from yesterday for months yet. PIT obviously has the more talented roster but they have the most ground to lose in this matchup between April 21st and September 10th due to injuries/suspensions/etc.

Maybe a CLE/SF/Rams parlay to make things interesting. Both Cam and Luck are recovering from shoulder surgery. Not every surgery goes as expected... just ask Sharrif Floyd. Not wishing bad things on those guys but everyone thinks all these surgeries are "routine" until you look up and, "Gosh, it's been a long time since we've seen Jamal Charles on the field." Not saying they'll have a lost season but even if they get limited work in the summer the entire offense revolves around both of them, timing is tough for the receivers to make up for, they are both mobile quarterbacks that take more punishment than most and don't play behind the best OL's.

In the end it depends on why you are gambling though. If you are trying to bet a little to win a lot I like a long shot in week#1. If you plan on grinding and willing to risk big $ it makes more sense to be more conservative with your bankroll. 

What's the green monster? Are they playing in Fenway? 

And what was so important about April 20? Fallout? 

Honest questions... I'm  :confused:  

Edit: nevermind... I got it. Not sure I "green monster" is typical slang but to each their own I guess! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bengals homer so maybe I'm biased, but the Bengals only 1-point home favorites vs. Baltimore is somewhat surprising. I'd have guessed at least 3. 

Bengals have won 6 of 7 in the series and will be up for their first Week 1 home opener in 7 years. Both teams will have some OL issues, but the Bengals have more playmakers on both sides of the ball. 

Colts -3.5 vs Rams

Trying to figure out if the prognosticators think the Rams are going to be much improved or the Colts are just that bad?

The Giants +6 is $$$$.

Giants historically play very well in the new Texas Stadium, often winning outright.

Don't walk, run to the nearest teller station.

(And yes- I'm a Cowboys fan, but I also like money.)

Colts -3.5 vs Rams

Trying to figure out if the prognosticators think the Rams are going to be much improved or the Colts are just that bad?
In Wade Phillips we trust. I just think Wade Phillips mind vs that INDY OL has the potential to keep that game low scoring.

But really, I also don't think Gurley/Austin could be used any worse by the current coaching staff than they were used last season. Change doesn't guarantee success but in this case the bar to reach improvement is very, very low.

In Wade Phillips we trust. I just think Wade Phillips mind vs that INDY OL has the potential to keep that game low scoring.

But really, I also don't think Gurley/Austin could be used any worse by the current coaching staff than they were used last season. Change doesn't guarantee success but in this case the bar to reach improvement is very, very low.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's true

For ESPN Eliminator, I'm going with one of these: Steelers, Falcons, Panthers or Broncos. Leaning towards Steelers.

Jags and the points should be a popular teaser leg. 

Should be an ugly 17-13 game

ETA - Jags +11 and under 48.5 in 6.5 teaser sounds good to me

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread