What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things Canada does better than the US of A (1 Viewer)

AcerFC

Footballguy
1. National Anthem

2. Hockey

3. National Symbol. Maple Leaf >>>> Bald Eagle

4. Maple Syrup

5. The use of the word eh

6. Curling

What do you have

Im not going to lie. I prefer Canadien bacon over regular bacon on my bacon egg and cheese sandwiches. 

Wow, lots of eagle lovers in here. I never knew. You guys should move to Alaska. Tons of them there

I think Dogfish Head could take on the entire Canadian Brewing world by itself and win hands down. 

There's waaaayyyy to many mid level (yet nationally distributed) breweries in the United States for any other country to compete with. 

Define beer.

If mass produces pissbeer is included in your definition, we are going to have an issue

You want to say that Molson is better than Budweiser.  I'm not going to disagree with that. But there's just way too many mid-major breweries in the United States that produce high quality beer for any other country to compete with.  

I think Dogfish Head could take on the entire Canadian Brewing world by itself and win hands down. 

There's waaaayyyy to many mid level (yet nationally distributed) breweries in the United States for any other country to compete with. 
I lean towards classifying that as a microbrew. As far as macrobrews, I give this to Canada. Off the top of my head, Molson and Labatt's would run circles around Bud and Miller.

You want to say that Molson is better than Budweiser.  I'm not going to disagree with that. But there's just way too many mid-major breweries in the United States that produce high quality beer for any other country to compete with.  
Not sure if there are any specific Canadian beer styles but in general I find that the Brits are pretty hard to beat on British styles, the Belgians on Belgian styles etc. But your argument sees geared towards quantity in any case so maybe we should just let it lie as we are unlikely to reach a consensus

I lean towards classifying that as a microbrew. As far as macrobrews, I give this to Canada. Off the top of my head, Molson and Labatt's would run circles around Bud and Miller.
That may be true, although breweries like DogFish, Lagunitas, Goose Island and Ballast Point are nationwide at this point.  

I do think though that the smaller breweries are so intregal to the U.S. beer scene that you can't simply omit them and make this a battle of the macros. 

That may be true, although breweries like DogFish, Lagunitas, Goose Island and Ballast Point are nationwide at this point.  

I do think though that the smaller breweries are so intregal to the U.S. beer scene that you can't simply omit them and make this a battle of the macros. 
truth be told, there is no "battle of the macros" - quantity wise, AB abso-####-inglutely CRUSHES the competition.  I do like a good Canuck beer, with it's twinge of green bottle skunkiness vs a Bud or Bud light now and again though, and would rate the Canadians large scale taste slightly better.  The world obviously prefers AB.

Plus, that was then, this is now.  Today's brewery world agrees with you Thunderlips....the US micro and mid level breweries are dominating.

Users who are viewing this thread