What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dispute with property manager- advice needed (1 Viewer)

RokNRole

Footballguy
My car was towed this morning from my complex because it did not have a parking sticker.

When I bought the car 3 months ago a new management company purchased the property and I was unable to get a new sticker at the time. I was told not to worry and we would be notified when we could get new stickers.

After arguing with the office manager he claims notices were put on residents doors 3 times in the last month.

i did not receive any of these notices.

he refused to credit the $300 expense to my rent . He gave me a number for his supervisor which is not answering nor is anyone anyone answering at the main office in Dallas.

what course of action can I take to be made whole again?

Last edited by a moderator:
invite him to pamera bread he will think you are taking him out for some french onion soup which is the best thing and then when you get there interview the hell out of him and ruin his lunch with probing and insightful questions like tell me about a time you were in tough spot and what other people would say about how you did it and stuff like that and when he looks like he has just about had it you look him straight in the eyes and you say i am inviting you out to lunch every day until this is over and bam you will get your money back and he will respect you take that to the bank bromigo 

Is this the thread where OP lists his daily drama, people offer their expert advice, and the advice is completely ignored and we never hear about it again? 

If I was a betting man, I'd say these were distributed and blame you.

If I wanted to press the bet, I'd say this is all imaginary. 

If I was a betting man, I'd say these were distributed and blame you.

If I wanted to press the bet, I'd say this is all imaginary. 
You believe just posting a letter on a residents door is doing their diligence to relay vital information?

ive gotten several maintenance notices lately but not one about the parking stickers being available. He claims they put 3 on everyone's door 

this new property mamagememt company has a terrible reputation as well

Okay, serious answer - you've lived there 3 months you said? How many times have you inquired about these parking stickers after the initial conversation since moving in? 

0, correct?

Okay, serious answer - you've lived there 3 months you said? How many times have you inquired about these parking stickers after the initial conversation since moving in? 

0, correct?
I e been there 9 months.

when I moved in and got my first truck I got a parking sticker right away from the old management company

when I bought the current car 3 months ago I went to the office to get a new sticker. I was informed they were under new management and the new stickers were not a available. They said they would notify us when they were available and nobody would be towed in the meantime

They claim it was placed on my door. That is not a very good way of ensuring your residents are informed. They should be delivered the info in person to be sure

or at least email and/or call

nothing
Again I ask - what does your LEASE SAY RE:NOTICES?

Can't wait until we see the thread that you actually owe the IRS and have massive penalties for not filing.

Maybe while drunk or high, you thought you were throwing out those annoying menus that people kept leaving on your door, when they were actually notices to pick up your new parking pass?

To be fair, and I realize there is 0.01% chance this isn't his fault, but this is the 21st century.   I haven't rented an apartment since before the internet, but, every house I've rented since 2002 all communication has been by email.  

To be fair, and I realize there is 0.01% chance this isn't his fault, but this is the 21st century.   I haven't rented an apartment since before the internet, but, every house I've rented since 2002 all communication has been by email.  
I didn't get an email so I'm 100% not at fault

I'm starting to agree with you.  Tell them you didn't get any of their faxes either.
They claim all they do is put a notice on the door

that the wind could blow away or anyone could pick up

that is certainly not a professional way to relay info to your tenants

Users who are viewing this thread