What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tyrell Williams or picks (1 Viewer)

without knowing anything else at all (as to initial roster, starting requirements and scoring), I would rather have Williams.  He has more value than the two picks.

I disagree- I think Williams is probably worth one of those picks but not both. The talent in this draft is deep, and while I like Williams and his situation, I think I'd at least wait a week and see how your top 25 looks after the draft. Williams likely needs another injury to match the target total he had last year. 

Williams by a good margin.  Too many questions in the mid-second (regardless of how stacked this draft is).  Bird in the hand...

I usually am interested in what Snorkelson has to say as I think he is pretty good on his advice but in this case I would go the other way. We know what Williams and his QB are but picks are unknowns and the picks are not low enough for me in this case to bite. Also I don't make decisions based on DynastyFFTools but I do look at it just as a double check and that says Williams. If anything wait till the NFL draft and take a look at who you would likely have fall to you at those pick positions and then decide.

I don't value picks as high as many people do because they are all crapshoots.  I would much rather have a player that has performed at the NFL  level and is in a somewhat known situation.  However, I think two 2nd round picks are a little too much for Williams.   I would try and counter with just one pick or maybe a 2nd and 4th rounder.             

This one is close for me but I would give the edge to the picks.  I'll admit I am not as high on Williams as many.  I think my greatest concern with Williams is I just don't have a good feel for how many targets he might see with Keenan Allen and Travis Benjamin back healthy.  If Benjamin slides into more of a WR3/PR role and Williams plays as a WR2 then I could see this sliding in favor of Williams and I don't think it would be all that surprising if this did happen.

With Allen back in the mix, we don't know what Williams will do in SD...I suspect he will be a very high variance WR3-WR4.  So he's almost as much of a crapshoot as are the picks.  So I would side with the picks.

My team probably needs the picks more....12 team dynasty PPR

QB Brees, Glennon, Romo

RB J. Howard, Crowell, Sims, Woodhead, Sproles, Smallwood, Jonathan Williams

WR Meredith, Tyrell Williams, R. Matthews, TYLER Lockett, Beasley, JJ Nelson, Torrey Smith, B Miller, Pharoh Cooper, Carroo

TE Fleener, Witten, Higbee, Sims, Swope

Other Offers I have received are:

Trade A

I give J Howard

I get J Matthews, Ertz, Rawls

Trade B

I give Crowell, TY Williams, Hibgee

I get JMatthews, Ertz, Rawls

Trade C

I give Crowell, B Miller

I get Mckinnion, E sanders, Minny D/ST, picks 4.3, 4.11

Pass on A, Howard the top piece.  Not worth the package

Pass on C.  I prefer Crowell over that bunch

if I had to take one of the deals, B... but I am not sold on that one either, but it's closer.

QB Brees, Glennon, Romo

WR Meredith, Tyrell Williams, R. Matthews, TYLER Lockett, Beasley, JJ Nelson, Torrey Smith, B Miller, Pharoh Cooper, Carroo

Trade A

I give J Howard

Trade B

Trade C

I give Crowell, B Miller

Pass on all those deals.  They're all pretty bad.  Rawls value took a nosedive with the signing of Lacy.  Ditto for J Matthews.   

QB Brees, Glennon, Romo

Trade A

I give J Howard

Trade B

Trade C

I give Crowell, B Miller

I don't like these offers much.  Trade C interests me the most because I like Sanders and the Minny D.  McKinnon could be in line for a decent role but he didn't produce much last year and those picks are too late to be of much value.  If you could cash in on something of more value with Sanders then maybe but as presented at this time I would pass on all of them.

I can do Crowell, Beasley, B Miller

i get McKinnion, K Benjamin, Minny Def, picks
I would accept that deal.  Crowell is decent but he's not great.  Benjamin really helps fill a need, since your WRs are pretty bad.  I am not sold on L Murray in MIN, so McKinnon could continue to see a big piece of the MIN offense.

I would accept that deal.  Crowell is decent but he's not great.  Benjamin really helps fill a need, since your WRs are pretty bad.  I am not sold on L Murray in MIN, so McKinnon could continue to see a big piece of the MIN offense.
McKinnon hasn't shown anything in the chances he has had.  Granted the O-line was terrible last year but it isn't going to change into a top unit this year.  Murray will get every opportunity to perform so I doubt McKinnon is going to do much.   

Gally said:
McKinnon hasn't shown anything in the chances he has had.  Granted the O-line was terrible last year but it isn't going to change into a top unit this year.  Murray will get every opportunity to perform so I doubt McKinnon is going to do much.   
That is certainly a scenario that could happen, but I am in the camp that Murray isn't that good so McKinnon is still going to get his opportunity, especially on 3rd downs.  If McKinnon is decent this year, that would be gravy in the deal.  The key piece is Benjamin.

That is certainly a scenario that could happen, but I am in the camp that Murray isn't that good so McKinnon is still going to get his opportunity, especially on 3rd downs.  If McKinnon is decent this year, that would be gravy in the deal.  The key piece is Benjamin.
I am a Viking fan so I have watched a lot of McKinnon.  I had high hopes and thought he would do a lot better but he doesn't seem to have anything special (even with all of  the measurables he has).  He just doesn't seem to do anything with them.    I don't think Murray is anything special either and would rather have not signed him but now that they have, I don't see any RB having any value in Minny this year. 

Users who are viewing this thread