What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need help moving draft picks on dynasty (1 Viewer)

aowpie

Footballguy
I tanked last year and traded away everything I had for picks and young players. Now I have 7 picks in the draft and have to drop a player to keep each pick. Obviously this means I will probably have to trade away players or picks. I have picks:

1.4 , 1.11, 2.4, 2.5 , 2.9, 3.4 , 3.5  I also have a 1st 2nd and 3rd rounder next year I can trade.

this is the third year of the league and I won the first year so my investments for a rebuild project are covered. Rules of the league are start 1qb, 1rb, 1wr, 1te, 2 flex 1 kicker 1 def. 1 pet ppr scoring everything else is standard.  

My current roster:

qb - Winston, bridgewater, Alex smith, Tyron Taylor.

rb - Hyde, cj Anderson, Tyler Erving, McKinnon.

wr - Keenan Allen, donte moncreif, Brandon Marshall, will fuller, Torrey smith, Pierre garçon, Caroo 

te - Gronk, written.

k - novac

d - panthers.

so right off the back I can drop Taylor and smith probably, but I'd need to drop 5 more to keep all my picks. So who would you drop or what's my biggest weakness I can combine picks and players to fix? Obj and Sammy Watkins are on the trade block by a god awful last place team that may move them for picks. Should I paackage all my first rounders to try and get a rb? Or should I use all my picks to trade up and try and get 2 first round rbs in this years draft?  

Will respond to yours if you link

If that team wants to trade OBJ, just offer a bunch of this years picks.  I would try all of them from 1.11 down and add Fuller to start. I would also think of packaging 2nds this year for 1sts next year. 

If that team wants to trade OBJ, just offer a bunch of this years picks.  I would try all of them from 1.11 down and add Fuller to start. I would also think of packaging 2nds this year for 1sts next year. 
Lol Hoffman. 1.11, 2.4, 2.5, 2.9, 3.4, 3.5, and fuller, for obj.

?

I would wait a week and see where the rookies land, then identify the guys you like and try to position yourself to get them, whether it's moving up from 1.04 to make sure you get the rb you like or moving up from 1.11, or maybe packaging all the 2nds to get back into the 1st. Personally I would try to move on from Hyde, although his value earlier in the offseason was better. I would drop bridgewater over smith/Taylor, unless you can stash him on ir- he's not the starter anymore and had a very bad injury, doubt he's even ready for training camp. 

If you can't condense your picks you can probably drop your def/k and pick something back up before the season starts in order to stash a couple extra flyers as preseason unfolds. 

I wouldn't be too hasty to make a move simply because you don't know where the tiers will actually start/stop. Right now there are 4 rbs that seem to top most lists, but 3 may end up in prime spots while one finds a Murray/Henry situation and you don't want to be left outside of those 3 or not have a second to use because you used it to move elsewhere in the draft already. 

I would suggest considering this trade value chart when making comparisons between rookie picks and players on your roster.

For example pick 2.04 is worth start up pick 128 on this chart, which is we cross reference that pick with a dynasty ranking and find that pick 128 is worth something similar to Bib Ben or Rivers.

Rookie pick 1.01 is worth similar to start up ADP 30 so any player above 30 should be out of the price range for rookie picks, but if you can get the other owner to do that, then sure go for it. 

I see 3 players who are obvious cuts in Tyler Ervin, Torrey Smith, Bridgewater (unless you can IR him?) and you have 19 players rostered, so if you have 20 spots one of those is open. Those 3 cuts would make room to keep 4 rookies. Alex Smith or Carroo would be cuts to keep five picks.

I agree with Snorkelson that you can wait up until the NFL draft for the best offer, or possibly during your rookie draft,, if nothing else it should be fairly easy to move some of those 2nd and 3rd round picks for rookie picks in 2018 as you won't have enough room to roster all of them.

According to the value chart pick 3.04 is worth pick 184 in a start up. For your league anything after player 240 is below replacement level, which means rookie pick 4.09 and later are not really worth a roster spot.

I think part of your issue is you fell into the typical rebuild trap of acquiring too many picks and you are sitting with a ton of quantity but not a lot of quality.  I would certainly be trying to bundle a bunch of pieces for OBJ and for Watkins to a lesser extent.  I think I would also look to bundle some of your assets for a RB upgrade.  If I were making 7 cuts to hold those picks I would look at Bridgewater first.  Who knows how high a developmental ceiling he has and he may never play again.  Both Smith and Taylor are marginal keeps so one could be a drop consideration.  Ervin looks like a potential drop to me and McKinnon is also a consideration.  Torrey Smith would be a drop for me as well as Jason Witten.

I would wait a week and see where the rookies land, then identify the guys you like and try to position yourself to get them, whether it's moving up from 1.04 to make sure you get the rb you like or moving up from 1.11, or maybe packaging all the 2nds to get back into the 1st. Personally I would try to move on from Hyde, although his value earlier in the offseason was better. I would drop bridgewater over smith/Taylor, unless you can stash him on ir- he's not the starter anymore and had a very bad injury, doubt he's even ready for training camp. 

If you can't condense your picks you can probably drop your def/k and pick something back up before the season starts in order to stash a couple extra flyers as preseason unfolds. 

I wouldn't be too hasty to make a move simply because you don't know where the tiers will actually start/stop. Right now there are 4 rbs that seem to top most lists, but 3 may end up in prime spots while one finds a Murray/Henry situation and you don't want to be left outside of those 3 or not have a second to use because you used it to move elsewhere in the draft already. 
This.  Great advice.

Since I have no chance of competing this year, would it be crazy to move Gronk and Marshall?  At 28 I know Gronk isn't that old, but by the time I'm try to win his value may be somewhat lower.  Marshall im tempted to wait on till week 8 to trade incase he does really well., cause right now I doubt he has more value than a 2nd round pick in dynasty, but for a playoff team I could maybe get pick like 1.11 next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it depends on what you could get for Gronk but his value is probably lower than what it will be if he can start the season with a few typical Gronk games.

Drop both Smiths, Irving, and I would drop Bridgewater too. Then try to trade the 1.11 2.4 and 2.9 and get into the top 6 or 7, if you have to add 2.5 and try to get 1.4

Users who are viewing this thread