What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Movie ending quotes (1 Viewer)

bostonfred

Footballguy
Doesn't have to be the final words.  Just memorable ones from the ending 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

I understand now why you cry but it is siding that I could never do. 

Deserve's got nothing to do with it

Requesting permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I've ever met 

What's in the box

Go

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.  And like that...he's gone. 

Thank you, boys. Thank you. 

Yo Adrian, I did it!!!

Wife: How'd you sleep?

Tom: I don't know. Had dreams.

Wife: Well, you got time for 'em now. Anything interesting?

Tom: They always is to the party concerned.

Wife: I'll be polite.

Tom: All right, then. Two of 'em, both had my father in 'em. It's peculiar. I'm older now than he ever was by 20 years.

So, in a sense, he's the younger man. Anyway, the first one I don't remember too well... ...but it was about meeting him in town... ...somewheres, and he give me some money. I think I lost it.

Second one, it was like we was both back in older times. And I was a-horseback, going through the mountains of a night. Going through this pass in the mountains. It was cold, and there was snow on the ground. And he rode past me and kept on going...

...never said nothing going by, just rode on past. He had his blanket wrapped around him and his head down. When he rode past, I seen he was carrying fire in a horn the way people used to do, and I... I could see the horn from the light inside of it... 'bout the color of the moon.

And, in the dream, I knew that he was going on ahead. He was fixin' to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and cold. And I knew that whenever I got there, he'd be there. And then I woke up.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, in a sense, he's the younger man. Anyway, the first one I don't remember too well... ...but it was about meeting him in town... ...somewheres, and he give me some money. I think I lost it.

Second one, it was like we was both back in older times. And I was a-horseback, going through the mountains of a night. Going through this pass in the mountains. It was cold, and there was snow on the ground. And he rode past me and kept on going...

...never said nothing going by, just rode on past. He had his blanket wrapped around him and his head down. When he rode past, I seen he was carrying fire in a horn the way people used to do, and I... I could see the horn from the light inside of it... 'bout the color of the moon.

And, in the dream, I knew that he was going on ahead. He was fixin' to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and cold. And I knew that whenever I got there, he'd be there. And then I woke up.
Pure awesomeness.

Is that the gay cowboy movie?

You're a good and beautiful person

And I won't let you walk out on me

And I won't let you say those things about how stupid you are and this and that

I won't stand for that

You want to be with me, be with me. 

See?  

-Magnolia

Code:
-Walk. Yes, walk.

To the pier, I mean.

-We'll walk in with you. So the shippers can see we'll take no more orders - On The Waterfront

Doctor says I should be back on my feet and as good as new in a week!

And back on the force!

Nordberg, that's great! <slap>

Whoa!

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince With a Thousand Enemies. And whenever they catch you, they will kill you. 

But first they must catch you. Digger; Listener; Runner. Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed."

-Watership Down 

We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

American History X

I hope

Shawshank Redemption

Sergeant Prendergast: Let's meet a couple of police officers. They're all good guys.

Bill Foster: I'm the bad guy?

Prendergast: Yeah.

Bill Foster: How did that happen? I did everything they told me to. Did you know I build missiles?

Prendergast: Yeah.

Bill Foster: I help to protect America. You should be rewarded for that. Then they give it to the plastic surgeon. You know, they lied to me.

Prendergast: Is that what this is about? You're angry because you got lied to? Is that why my chicken dinner is drying out in the oven? Hey, they lie to everybody. They lie to the fish! But that doesn't give you any special right to do what you did today.

#1- "I used to hate the water." 
- "I can't imagine why."

Hey Yankees! You can take your apology and your trophy and shove it straight up your a##"
- "And another thing: Just wait till next year!"
"Yeah!"

"My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment. I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. The time of your life, huh, kid?"

To stick with the Peter Sellers theme I began earlier:

Turgidson:

Doctor, you mentioned the ration of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn't that necessitate the abandonment of the so called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?

Strangelove:

Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

DeSadeski:

I must confess, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor.

Strangelove:

Thank you, sir.

Turgidson:

I think we should look at this from the military point of view. I mean, supposing the Russkies stashes away some big bomb, see. When they come out in a hundred years they could take over!

General:

I agree, Mr. President. In fact, they might even try an immediate sneak attack so they could take over our mineshaft space.

Turgidson:

Yeah. I think it would be extremely naive of us, Mr. President, to imagine that these new developments are going to cause any change in Soviet expansionist policy. I mean, we must be... increasingly on the alert to prevent them from taking over other mineshaft space, in order to breed more prodigiously than we do, thus, knocking us out in superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow... a mine shaft gap!

Strangelove:

...sir!..I have a plan...Heh... Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!

You're a good and beautiful person

And I won't let you walk out on me

And I won't let you say those things about how stupid you are and this and that

I won't stand for that

You want to be with me, be with me. 

See?  

-Magnolia
The best thing about it was that it ended that overlong, awful movie!

#1- "I used to hate the water." 
- "I can't imagine why."

Hey Yankees! You can take your apology and your trophy and shove it straight up your a##"
- "And another thing: Just wait till next year!"
"Yeah!"

"My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment. I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. The time of your life, huh, kid?"

:thumbup:

Now that's a good list!

I'm having an old friend for dinner.

They fought like warrior poets...and won their freedom.

For over a thousand years Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of triumph, a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeteers, musicians and strange animals from conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conquerors rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children robed in white stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting

Wife: How'd you sleep?

Tom: I don't know. Had dreams.

Wife: Well, you got time for 'em now. Anything interesting?

Tom: They always is to the party concerned.

Wife: I'll be polite.

Tom: All right, then. Two of 'em, both had my father in 'em. It's peculiar. I'm older now than he ever was by 20 years.

No idea what this is from

Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Oh no. it wasn't the airplanes. It was beauty killed the beast.

Well, nobody's perfect!

"This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off."

"I was cured all right"

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"

"I never had any friends later on like I had when I was 12. Jesus, does anyone?"

it's not the final quote of "Repo Man", but of character Bud (Harry Dean Stanton): "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"    :wub:

i'm not one for script/slogan ink, but if i ever decided to add one, it would be that  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread