What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Erin Moran Dead at 56 (1 Viewer)

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/22/entertainment/happy-days-star-erin-moran-dead/index.html

(CNN)Popular actress Erin Moran, a mainstay on TV from the late '60s to the mid-'80s and best known for her kid-sister role in the sitcom "Happy Days," has died. She was 56.
Authorities in Indiana found her body Saturday afternoon after getting a 911 call at 4:07 p.m. for "an unresponsive female," the Harrison County Sheriff's Department said.
"Upon the arrival, it was determined that the female was Erin Marie Moran-Fleischmann. First responders determined that she was deceased and an autopsy is pending," the department said.

Moran was cast as Joanie Cunningham, the younger sister of Richie Cunningham, who was played by Ron Howard, a child actor who is now a famed director.
The show aired from 1974 to 1984. It was set in 1950s Milwaukee and was a big hit with a catchy theme song and memorable characters such as The Fonz, played by Henry Winkler.

Moran played the same character in the early 1980s in "Joanie Loves Chachi," a shortl-ived spin-off with her "Happy Days" co-star Scott Baio continuing his role as Chachi Arcola. 

This does seem really sad, landed in a trailer in Indiana, broke, can only imagine drugs played a role.

Theres a lot more darkness going on with the history of children in Hollywood than is ever discussed I suspect.

She never got over the mysterious disappearance of her oldest brother, Chuck.
... ever notice how Chuck disappeared around the same time Howard had the "coloreds" over for that wedding?

damn straight, betcha Sticks Downey and his crew are knee deep in that ####   :unsure:

... ever notice how Chuck disappeared around the same time Howard had the "coloreds" over for that wedding?

damn straight, betcha Sticks Downey and his crew are knee deep in that ####   :unsure:
Chuck had a basketball with him in most of his scenes; I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't involved in a point-shaving scandal that went wrong.

Poor Chachi.   Now nobody loves him.  :sadbanana:
And rightfully so. What a chode.

my link

Scott Baio didn’t mince words in discussing former “Happy Days” co-star Erin Moran’s death on the “Bernie & Sid” radio show Monday.
“For me, you do drugs or drink, you’re gonna die,” Baio said. “I’m sorry if that’s cold, but God gave you a brain, gave you the will to live and thrive, and you gotta take care of yourself.”
Perhaps realizing how his remarks sounded, Baio quickly tried to backtrack, noting that he wasn’t actually aware of how Moran died.
“And I don’t know if it was drugs that killed her,” he said in the interview. “I read one report that it might have been and I hope ... I don’t know what I hope.”

Chachi Arcola was the first sXe kid on network TV, and a pioneer of that movement/genre - Ian MacKaye owes Baio a ton of gratitude.

:thumbup:

And rightfully so. What a chode.

my link
She died from throat cancer. From her husband:

This might be long but keep reading if you want to know about Erin. Ok here we go. Erin and I met 4/22/1992 and parted ways 4/22/2017. We were planning to go to Thunder Over Louisville to celebrate. She was feeling fine on our anniversary 11/23/2016. Maybe four or five days after we got back Erin woke up and had about a [dime-sized] blood stain on her pillowcase. 

She said ["I think I bit my tongue"] A couple days go by and there's a bigger spot of blood. We get like four days into December, there's more blood. I get a flashlight and say 'let me look.' It was not her tongue it was her tonsil on the left tongue. I thought it was tonsillitis. So we went to an ENT who said they wanted to biopsy it. It came back- squamous cell carcinoma. 

She started radiation and chemo. Five days a week radiation and chemo only on Thursdays. We did that the whole time. It got so bad so fast. By the middle of February, Erin could no longer speak or eat or drink. 

She had a feeding tube implant and I feed her six to eight times a day. She was still happy, she was active, she texted people on her phone all day. On the 21st she was having trouble breathing. She woke up on the 22nd, she was not 100%. She needed Kleenex, so I went to the store and came back. She was there watching T.V. in bed. 

I laid down next to her, held her right hand in my left. I [fell] asleep woke up about a half hour later still holding her hand and she was gone, she was just gone... Norton Cancer Institute never said how bad it was..The coroner told me it was really really bad. 

It had spread to her spleen, she had a lot of fluid in her lungs and part of her brain was infected. The coroner said even if she was in the hospital being pumped full of antibiotics she still would not [have] made it. He said it was the best she was with me and went in her sleep. So that's it. 

Users who are viewing this thread