What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Draft - Bold Predictions (1 Viewer)

3nOut

Footballguy
Similar to an existing thread, but instead of draft "stone cold locks", let's have some fun and make some bold predictions. Things that are a bit out there but still though unlikely, to happen.

My bold prediction:

The Bears trade down from the number three overall pick for a kings ransom. In their first pick, still in the first round, they select... 

OJ Howard, TE, Alabama.

Dalvin Cook falls to round 3

Titans make 3 trades in the first 2 rounds

DeShaun Watson performs awesome in Kansas city. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelers trade out of 1st round with Jets, 49ers, or Jags getting extra 2nd and earlier 3rd round pick.

Bengals make 2 trades on draft day.

If you know the Bengals history of standing pat they almost never even make one.

Oh and 3 QBs go in the first 25 picks.  2 in top 7.

-QG

I think a lot of the "Lock" projections from the other thread might need to go in here. And my "locks" are probably leading the charge. 

Same as my locks

mccaffery goes ahead of fournette

mixon goes ahead of cook

ross before davis

Engram is best fantasy te of the class

trubisky is best qb of the class and turns into a solid starter

-OZ- said:
Goes well with my "4 top 12 picks are from great state of Alabama" prediction. 
To many teams need OL help in the top 10 and there just isn't many LT out there. One of those teams is going to view Cam Robinson as an elite LT and draft him.

The Chiefs trade pick 27, their second and one of their thirds to the Eagles for pick 14 and take Mahomes.  Eagles fans don't boo.

• San Francisco trades their 2017 second and 2018 second for Jimmy Garropolo
  • Browns trade up to take DeShaun Watson, not Trubisky
  • Four RBs go in Round 1 (and one is not Dalvin Cook)

There are 3 QBs selected in the first round and all of the picks are results of trades - up or down.

• San Francisco trades their 2017 second and 2018 second for Jimmy Garropolo
  • Pats then flip the Niner's 2017 second to the Browns for the 12+ and Browns take DeShaun Watson, not Trubisky
  • Four RBs go in Round 1 (and one is not Dalvin Cook)
Huh?

Although he's not one of my personal favorites that would be my guess based on his style meshing with the current NFL. I can see Kansas City or New Orleans showing some interest in the late first. Of course these are "bold" predictions so I'm not really expecting it to happen, but I can see it.

1. Deshaun Watson is taken by the Bears... with their 2nd pick.
  2. Trubisky goes #2, but not to the 49ers.
  3. The team that drafts Davis Webb regrets it. Jk, not even a bold prediction. This is a guarantee.
  4. Jeremy McNichols ends up being one of the top 5 RBs from this class in 5 years.  He's like Kenneth Dixon, but faster.

QuizGuy66 said:
Bengals make 2 trades on draft day.

If you know the Bengals history of standing pat they almost never even make one.

Oh and 3 QBs go in the first 25 picks.  2 in top 7.

-QG
Ya if they don't trade either direction this year, they'll never make a draft trade. 9th pick seems to be a dead zone for line play. 

The Chiefs trade pick 27, their second and one of their thirds to the Eagles for pick 14 and take Mahomes.  Eagles fans don't boo.
Well as an Eagles fan I would cheer that if they can move back get a few picks and still walk away with someone like Humphrey or Charles Harris

Pat Mahomes is the second QB off the board and one of the perceived top 2 QBs (Trubisky, Watson) makes that fall into the 20s which has the team debating all afternoon where he lands or who comes back up to get him.

Pat Mahomes is the second QB off the board and one of the perceived top 2 QBs (Trubisky, Watson) makes that fall into the 20s which has the team debating all afternoon where he lands or who comes back up to get him.
No way in hell Mitch makes it out of the top 5. It's just a matter of who trades up for him.

Big mistake by whoever it is.
I don't know much about him or evaluating QBs so I can't say, but there seems to be too much love and too much QB need for him not to fly off the board. I still think it's the Bills. They have a history of doing big draft trades, they don't like Tyrod, seem to love ACC guys, the owner has been meeting personally with the top QBs and Bills were the team that Mitch went to ask if he should enter the draft. The Bills told him he should because he would be the top QB taken. 

No way in hell Mitch makes it out of the top 5. It's just a matter of who trades up for him.
That may be true, but in my scenario then you're noting it'd be Watson making the fall into the 20's with debates about Pittsburgh, Houston, etc., considering trading up into the latter teens or early 20's to stop his fall and jump ahead of others.

Fournette, not Trubisky, is taken by the Browns at #2 overall.
If the Browns take Fournette it will be at 12. It does not seem to be in the spirit of "analytics" to use resources to move up to take a RB - especially when they have Crowell who is more than adequate.

Fournette to CAR.

Mixon to Green Bay.

McCaffrey to Indy.

Cook to TB.

Those are some major choices at the top of dynasty drafts.

Jimmy Garoppolo will have a more productive career than any QB taken in the first round of this years draft.

That may be true, but in my scenario then you're noting it'd be Watson making the fall into the 20's with debates about Pittsburgh, Houston, etc., considering trading up into the latter teens or early 20's to stop his fall and jump ahead of others.
Watson could fall for sure. There's also a chance teams start scrambling for "their guy" and QBs go higher than expected.

Watson could fall for sure. There's also a chance teams start scrambling for "their guy" and QBs go higher than expected.
Is it just draft overkill or is this the weakest, at the top, draft in years?  Really deep though which makes me think few, if any, teams will be scrambling.

Is it just draft overkill or is this the weakest, at the top, draft in years?  Really deep though which makes me think few, if any, teams will be scrambling.
Seems light at the top since some the marquee positions don't have elite players. There seems to be 1 super stud, about 15 great but hard to separate prospects and then 50 more players who are good but impossible to separate. 

not really bold but I agree with the sentiment that the Titans move dowm no matter what.

If Trubitsky is there they move it to a QB-needy team, presumably Cleveland.

If that QB is already gone it probably means a guy like Solomon has dropped and they probably have a different trade with a team like say the Bengals at 9 already lined up in that case.

Will be surprised if Tennessee actually ends up staying at 5. Good spot for them to move down a little, still get a need filled and get another pick or two.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread