What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alvin Kamara, NO (3 Viewers)

Ingram is free agent next year.  It’s the Kamara show

I don’t think Brees retires for 2-3 more years
I’m not so sure about that.  In October, I read an article where he said he’s closer to retirement than he’d previously said.  If he wins the MVP and NO wins the SB, I could see him retiring after this season.

On the other hand, he’s only about 4600 yards ahead of Brady for the pass yardage lead & 22 TDS behind Manning for the passing TD total.  Maybe he’d stick around for another year to get the TR mark and secure the yardage mark.  😐 

I’m not so sure about that.  In October, I read an article where he said he’s closer to retirement than he’d previously said.  If he wins the MVP and NO wins the SB, I could see him retiring after this season.

On the other hand, he’s only about 4600 yards ahead of Brady for the pass yardage lead & 22 TDS behind Manning for the passing TD total.  Maybe he’d stick around for another year to get the TR mark and secure the yardage mark.  😐 
I wonder if he'll play as long as he can to try and distance himself on all these records he can set.

leftcoastheel said:
Kamara is not gonna put up 50+ again.

And yes, I like young, fast, strong featured backs in offenses that have limited competition for WR options.
Limited options and limited scoring. An offense that is averaging half the amount of points that the Saints are. You are welcome to prefer Chubb over Kamara but I just can't get on board with that. 

jtp1982 said:
Ingram is free agent next year.  It’s the Kamara show
Isnt that what people thought about Henry when Murray retired?

What makes you think NO would go with 1 back when they've shown 2 works exceptional in their system? 

Isnt that what people thought about Henry when Murray retired?

What makes you think NO would go with 1 back when they've shown 2 works exceptional in their system? 
I’m not a Saints homer or fan so somebody else can chime in I just remember last winter you heard he wanted a new contract before this season even started and the Saints said no.

Given the market he’s going to have now with another year of proof that he can be a high end three down RB, I’d think they would have taken him up on a new contract back then if they thought it was going to work out in NO beyond this year

I’m not a Saints homer or fan so somebody else can chime in I just remember last winter you heard he wanted a new contract before this season even started and the Saints said no.

Given the market he’s going to have now with another year of proof that he can be a high end three down RB, I’d think they would have taken him up on a new contract back then if they thought it was going to work out in NO beyond this year
I'm not saying they sign Ingram. I'm saying why do you think the Saints bring in nobody (no FA or draft pick) and change their philosophy that has worked for so long? 

To say it's going to be the Kamara show next year is very short sighted and it assumes NO will go with 1 RB after having monster success with 2

I'm not saying they sign Ingram. I'm saying why do you think the Saints bring in nobody (no FA or draft pick) and change their philosophy that has worked for so long? 

To say it's going to be the Kamara show next year is very short sighted and it assumes NO will go with 1 RB after having monster success with 2
I’m sure they will have a COP for him but he’s been really establishing this year that he can also thrive inside and that was the knock last year. Guy is Faulk reincarnated. I think counting on 18 plus touches is quite realistic next year. 

I mean we saw this backfield without Ingram weeks 1-4.  

Sean Peyton would have loved for an RBBC to have worked out then just like NO was before Kamara emerged last year, that’s why they brought free agent RBs in for the start of this year.

Kamara is just so much better than everybody else the Saints can realistically afford to bring in it keeps not working out like a traditional Saints backfield and I don’t see how they go back to that with him there.

Kamara was on pace for a historic season prior to Ingram’s return, and even now it’s an obvious 1A/1B kind of thing.  Again, not as “Saints backfieldish” looking as Peyton might like it, but he’d rather keep winning and Kamara isn’t going to stop being the RB that gives them the best shot to win next season.

Short of something bizarre that won’t happen like signing Bell I don’t know how Kamara doesn’t control that backfield next year.

That’s why there’s no way your drafting Kamara next year unless you have a top 3 pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is quite possibly one of the most ridiculous statements I've read. 

Go google Faulks yearly stats. There is no way he can be Marshall Faulk 2.0 with 18 touches a game...
Sigh.....ok man. Did you miss the “plus” part? I’d say 18 a game is his rock bottom floor. Maybe I should have clarified that. Like jtp1982 said above, look at what he did first 4 games. If that’s not Faulkian, I don’t know what the #### is....

Sigh.....ok man. Did you miss the “plus” part? I’d say 18 a game is his rock bottom floor. Maybe I should have clarified that. Like jtp1982 said above, look at what he did first 4 games. If that’s not Faulkian, I don’t know what the #### is....
We can cherry pick games all we want. If he was that good why even give the ball to Ingram? 

Limited options and limited scoring. An offense that is averaging half the amount of points that the Saints are. You are welcome to prefer Chubb over Kamara but I just can't get on board with that. 
Chubb pretty good this week.  YPC not great but 28 freaking carries.  Legit focus of an emerging offense, gets targets and a ton of carries.

Love Kamara and think he is the better talent and in the better offense; but question who has the better over combo of situation and talent and exposure within the offense.

Starting to feel it's Chubb...

Chubb pretty good this week.  YPC not great but 28 freaking carries.  Legit focus of an emerging offense, gets targets and a ton of carries.

Love Kamara and think he is the better talent and in the better offense; but question who has the better over combo of situation and talent and exposure within the offense.

Starting to feel it's Chubb...
If I have the number 2 pick next year that will be a tough decision IF Arians comes to Cleveland or the rest of this seasons sample size suggests Chubb is getting a three down role.

If neither thing happens it’s Kamara all day.  If it does verdict is still out for me

If I have the number 2 pick next year that will be a tough decision IF Arians comes to Cleveland or the rest of this seasons sample size suggests Chubb is getting a three down role.

If neither thing happens it’s Kamara all day.  If it does verdict is still out for me
Ingram is FA next year right?  Totally Kamara all day next year.  After Gurley.  Chubb will be an RB1 ROS *this* year though.  Kamara has me worried ROS.  Hope I'm wrong!

Man these late-season Thursday night games are rough on Kamara.  Same game but a week later last year that he went out with a concussion. Now a vicious hit to the head and the same result.

At least he has a week to recover before the second round of the playoffs. Hoping he bounces back well, that was uncalled for.

Alvin Kamara rushed 11 times for 36 yards in the Saints' Week 13 loss to the Cowboys, adding eight receptions for 36 additional yards.

The 72 yards from scrimmage were Kamara's fewest since Week 5, though the eight receptions were his most since Week 3. The Saints' offense was gasping for air against a Cowboys defense that came out swinging. There was a scary moment in the fourth quarter where Kamara took an obvious, unflagged helmet-to-helmet hit from Jaylon Smith. He was woozy but was ultimately cleared to return. Kamara should bounce back with a Week 14 rampage in Tampa Bay.

Nov 29 - 11:31 PM

Hmm.....

I predict Chubb outscores Kamara for the third week in a row.

Okay Alvin, no more stinkers.   They matter now!
15 points is scarcely a "stinker".  But for the purposes of real football, the whole team looked off tonight, including Thomas.

He really dodged a bullet if he's not in the concussion protocol.

15 points is scarcely a "stinker".  But for the purposes of real football, the whole team looked off tonight, including Thomas.

that hit was brutal and should have been a penalty.  no place in the game for that.  

He was evaluated in the tent and allowed to come back in the game. Also, he took questions after the game, something you can’t do if you’re in the protocol. He will be fine for Tampa. 

Not sure, but I would guess HIS mean is above THE mean.
Yeah that's kind of my point. People throw that around to sound smart but it's pretty meaningless in this situation when he had one NFL season to his name. For all we know, 2017 was Kamara's mean.

If he's trying to say Kamara is regressing to league average RB, I still don't think that's very insightful, nor accurate. Look at what he did earlier in the season. Right now, throwing out last nights game for the Saints offense as it seems to be an outlier, it just looks like Peyton and Brees were spreading the wealth around a little bit the last few weeks. I'm not sure that alone signals a regression in Kamara's game. It was fairly obvious to everyone that last season's efficiency was bound to regress a little and even his most ardent supporters wouldn't have argued against that. They were hoping an increase in volume would offset it.

I know we only get points for what actually happens, but Kamara had two opportunities to score in the first half (just getting knocked down with Smith having the angle on the reception and then getting stuffed on an unimaginative play-call right after) - and if he scores that TD all of a sudden we'd be signing a different tune.

Yeah that's kind of my point. People throw that around to sound smart but it's pretty meaningless in this situation when he had one NFL season to his name. For all we know, 2017 was Kamara's mean.

If he's trying to say Kamara is regressing to league average RB, I still don't think that's very insightful, nor accurate. Look at what he did earlier in the season. Right now, throwing out last nights game for the Saints offense as it seems to be an outlier, it just looks like Peyton and Brees were spreading the wealth around a little bit the last few weeks. I'm not sure that alone signals a regression in Kamara's game. It was fairly obvious to everyone that last season's efficiency was bound to regress a little and even his most ardent supporters wouldn't have argued against that. They were hoping an increase in volume would offset it.

I know we only get points for what actually happens, but Kamara had two opportunities to score in the first half (just getting knocked down with Smith having the angle on the reception and then getting stuffed on an unimaginative play-call right after) - and if he scores that TD all of a sudden we'd be signing a different tune.
I meant "his" mean, which IMO is low-end RB1 overall, still some high-end RB1 upside, but with very possible mid-level RB2 "downside."  I am in no way implicating that he is an average RB.  He certainly is not - in real life or in fantasy!

I think game scripts will change and he will have more big games.  That said, he has fallen from the clear cut #1 RB down to #3 over the past few weeks in PPR, and I think he will fall further, assuming Brees continues to spread the love.

Last night was also just a tough game.  Cowboys had their number.

I meant "his" mean, which IMO is low-end RB1 overall, still some high-end RB1 upside, but with very possible mid-level RB2 "downside."  I am in no way implicating that he is an average RB.  He certainly is not - in real life or in fantasy!

I think game scripts will change and he will have more big games.  That said, he has fallen from the clear cut #1 RB down to #3 over the past few weeks in PPR, and I think he will fall further, assuming Brees continues to spread the love.  And other guys serve as true (Gurley, Hunt, McCaff, Elliot, Melvin sans injury being the most obvious), every down workhorse RB1s.

Last night was also just a tough game.  Cowboys had their number.

87 yards from scrimmage plus a 2-point conversion. Had a few near-misses inside the 5. And most of Kamara's yards were after the middle of the 3rd quarter after the Buccaneers stopped Bravehearting the Saints offense. Wasn't like he has 20 yds from scrimmage or something.

He's fine.  I was just commenting on his 1 total yard in the first half.

Regressing to HIS mean I believe is in full effect, as many posters anticipated at the beginning of the season.
🙂

Thank goodness. Thought he was hurt. 

He's fine. If you're predicting regression to his mean, do you know what you're predicting?

🙂

Thank goodness. Thought he was hurt. 

He's fine. If you're predicting regression to his mean, do you know what you're predicting?
This year?  Low-end RB1, high-end RB2.  Which is what I though at the beginning of the season.

Next year if Ingram is gone?  High-end RB1, top 3-4.

leftcoastheel said:
This year?  Low-end RB1, high-end RB2.  Which is what I though at the beginning of the season.

Next year if Ingram is gone?  High-end RB1, top 3-4.
This year he's RB#4 in PPR. So if he "regresses" to that mean over the next 2 weeks - his owners will be happy, yes?

I actually think he's better off with Ingram on the team. But I can't argue with you that his biggest games were in the weeks Ingram was out.

This year he's RB#4 in PPR. So if he "regresses" to that mean over the next 2 weeks - his owners will be happy, yes?

I actually think he's better off with Ingram on the team. But I can't argue with you that his biggest games were in the weeks Ingram was out.
I think not.  His points were all front loaded and now owners who own him are screwed in the playoffs.

Just beat the Kamara owner this evening in my big $$$ corporate divisional league.  I had Zeke vs. Kamara in the RB1 slot.  No competition.

Next week at Carolina... third road game in a row for them.  Not an ideal spot for a key ff playoff week.
Imagine this: standard league and next week in the playoffs you have Lindsey and Chubb (versus each other), Mixon (versus Oaklnad) and Kamara. One of them has to sit.

Next week at Carolina... third road game in a row for them.  Not an ideal spot for a key ff playoff week.
Carolina's defense looks even worse than TBs  now. The road thing bothers me but his last few home games have sucked as well. Basically, hes no longer the stud RB1 I thought he would be but he can always blow up.

Users who are viewing this thread