What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which way do you face in the shower? (1 Viewer)

Well?

• Back to showerhead

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • Facing showerhead

Votes: 43 38.4%
  • Underneath showerhead (water falls straight down)

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 12 10.7%

• Total voters

ShamrockPride

Footballguy
I see some commercials with people facing the water. Water right into the chest. I've tried it. It's weird. Water splashes right into my face. I've always been a back person.

I face all directions to ensure my essence cleans the entire shower.  All directions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way the master bath is in my house, if you turn your back to the water, you're looking right into the mirror of the vanity. 

I see some commercials with people facing the water. Water right into the chest. I've tried it. It's weird. Water splashes right into my face. I've always been a back person.
How do you rinse the soap off?
I can easily get running shower water onto every surface of my body except my face. Don't even need a handheld shower head to do it.

To rinse all the shampoo out of my hair while facing away from the shower, I simply tilt my head back far enough so that soapy run-off doesn't get into my eyes. I can get the running water directly on my hairline in the front while the water streams over the top and back of my head. Nothing gets onto my face or into my eyes.

I can easily get running shower water onto every surface of my body except my face. Don't even need a handheld shower head to do it.

To rinse all the shampoo out of my hair while facing away from the shower, I simply tilt my head back far enough so that soapy run-off doesn't get into my eyes. I can get the running water directly on my hairline in the front while the water streams over the top and back of my head. Nothing gets onto my face or into my eyes.
I thought only women did this.  

I thought only women did this.  
Nah ... my eyes are super, super sensitive to shampoo run-off. Eye closing, even tightly, is not sufficient to avoid the stinging. Once I transitioned from baths to showers, I had to work out a way to keep soapy rinse water out of my face.

Plain water on my face is OK. I just can't do like you see in the shampoo commercials and immerse my entire soaped-up head into a running shower. I have to angle it to keep the soapy water from running into my face.

Turn shower on

Get in and get hair and face and rest of front wet

Turn around get back wet

Grab shampoo and shampoo hair (back to shower)

Turn around to rinse hands off

Grab soap and wash (usually some turning around to get at different parts)

Rinse shampoo and front of body (facing shower)

Turn around and rinse back of body

Grab detachable shower head and rinse undercarriage

Put shower head back and do one more quick rinse of front and back

Turn shower off

Get out

It was always back, but I recently put in a "rain" shower and now it doesn't matter. I find my self switching it around. 

Btw, I highly recommend a rain shower. 

Turn shower on

Turn around get back wet

Turn shower off

Get out
:slamsmoneyonthetable: I'm out

Turn shower on

Turn around get back wet

Turn shower off

Get out
This - and I would have thought this is how most folks shower :shrug:

Turn shower on

Turn around get back wet

Turn shower off

Get out
Yep, didn't realize it was that hard. I usually rinse the shampoo off before doing the body, but back to shower first while washing one half and turn and wash the rest. That said, as others have pointed out, you can actually turn your body in a 360 degree angle to rinse or avoid water as desired. Amazingly, I sometimes even turn off the water after rinsing off the shampoo as my body is conveniently wet enough to wash the entire body and rinse after turning the water back on.

All that said, if it is partially a I need a couple minutes to relax shower, I will typically have my back to the shower head during that decompression time.

2 shower heads, one I face away from (normal shower), other is rainfall overhead. :thumbup:
How do you even wash off, does the soap ever actually clean anything? I would enjoy that as showers are a good way to decompress and relax a bit, but I'd have to turn the water off for a bit to lather up. Then, I would enjoy it.

How do you even wash off, does the soap ever actually clean anything? I would enjoy that as showers are a good way to decompress and relax a bit, but I'd have to turn the water off for a bit to lather up. Then, I would enjoy it.
Shower is ~5'x7', pplenty of room to step aside for a moment.

Turn shower on

Turn around get back wet

Turn shower off

Get out
Go on......

I am blind as a bat and don't wear my glasses in the shower, so I have no idea which direction I am facing.  

Doesn't matter 

24" square rainfall shower head straight down with six angled side jets to ensure ? percent coverage 

Detachable wand if needed

#everyFBGlife

I face...I don't know. I just hope I can hear the cordless bluetooth speaker that I'm listening to THE WHO with. 

/listen to The Who 

I face all directions to ensure my essence cleans the entire shower.  All directions.
Yep.  Especially now that I have one of those directly overhead "rain" showers or whatever they're called.  Big fan of those. 

Regarding the questions, when I'm in a "normal" shower, I spend more time facing the water so that's how I answered.  But I turn around several times to ensure maximum cleanliness. 

Users who are viewing this thread