What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jabril Peppers fails drug test (1 Viewer)

Yeah and out of what, 300 players or so who got invited to the Combine, only Peppers and Foster were the ONLY ones who were sick/dehydrated who drank a lot of water?  lol

Shefty:According to a CAA spokesman, who works for agency that represents Jabril Peppers: "Peppers went to the combine. He was sick after flying there from San Diego. He has a history of cramping. Peppers was being pumped with fluids, drinking 8-10 bottles of water before he went to bed, because he was the first guy to work out two days for the LBs and DBs. He had to go through that first day, come back on second day, and that was the fear. So Peppers was pounding water and under the weather. He never failed a drug test in his life, nor tested positive before for any substance."

I really doubt this affects anything but I still think he's only worth a late 2nd round pick at best.

As long as he was at Michigan, there was never a single negative thing said about Peppers. He was always discussed as a guy with off the chart intangibles so while I am always skeptical of these diluted samples cover stories, if there is ever a guy that may be telling the truth, it would be Peppers. 

Athletes always make up the same excuses... 

I'll never forget the fans in Milwaukee who were in shock after it was proven Ryan Braun actually did take PEDs and lied. Everyone felt betrayed. Please. The guy was guilty and he used the same excuse everyone else did. 

I don't believe this for one second. The guy stands to lose millions of dollars if he doesn't come out and say he was drinking water all night and morning and while he slept was getting pumped full of IVs. 

Shefty:According to a CAA spokesman, who works for agency that represents Jabril Peppers: "Peppers went to the combine. He was sick after flying there from San Diego. He has a history of cramping. Peppers was being pumped with fluids, drinking 8-10 bottles of water before he went to bed, because he was the first guy to work out two days for the LBs and DBs. He had to go through that first day, come back on second day, and that was the fear. So Peppers was pounding water and under the weather. He never failed a drug test in his life, nor tested positive before for any substance."

Then he won't have any problems moving forward.  Good to hear it likely wasn't stupidity based

I have no idea how a drug test works but if being sick and pumping fluids causes a failed test wouldn't more athletes who are always pumping fluids fail more often

Usually when you feel under the weather you perform slightly less than what you'd like to. As far as I can tell his combine numbers were a-okay. Must be some miracle water he was pumping himself full of. 

I have no idea how a drug test works but if being sick and pumping fluids causes a failed test wouldn't more athletes who are always pumping fluids fail more often
Yes. Which is why this is a BS excuse

Guys often have diluted samples for various reasons. Two possible negative scenarios: injecting something up the penis into the bladder so that you do not test positive for your banned substance (typically saline or another person's urine are injected up the urethra). Think like a catheter, but instead of draining urine out you are forcing urine/saline in. You have to pee like you'v never had to pee before in your life but it works to circumvent the urine testing. If it's a saline you can have a diluted sample. 

Another example is if you are smoking marijuana or taking another banned substance and you want to flush it from your system so you drink water and other liquids that are proven to flush that from your blood stream quickly. The side effects are a diluted sample. This is what I'm guessing was the case for Peppers and it's usually the cause/reason of a diluted sample. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Guys often have diluted samples for various reasons. Two possible negative scenarios: injecting something up the penis into the bladder so that you do not test positive for your banned substance (typically saline or another person's urine are injected up the urethra).

Another example is if you are smoking marijuana or taking another banned substance and you want to flush it from your system so you drink water and other liquids that are proven to flush that from your blood stream quickly. The side effects are a diluted sample
Wait is this true some people inject things into their penis to delude drug test I heard of people using other people urine but never like that. That must be some good weed to go thru all of that

Guys often have diluted samples for various reasons. Two possible negative scenarios: injecting something up the penis into the bladder so that you do not test positive for your banned substance (typically saline or another person's urine are injected up the urethra). Think like a catheter, but instead of draining urine out you are forcing urine/saline in. You have to pee like you'v never had to pee before in your life but it works to circumvent the urine testing. If it's a saline you can have a diluted sample. 

Another example is if you are smoking marijuana or taking another banned substance and you want to flush it from your system so you drink water and other liquids that are proven to flush that from your blood stream quickly. The side effects are a diluted sample. This is what I'm guessing was the case for Peppers and it's usually the cause/reason of a diluted sample. 
From what Ive heard, he's already done enough damage to his junk, I don't see option 1 being that viable an option. 

Wait is this true some people inject things into their penis to delude drug test I heard of people using other people urine but never like that. That must be some good weed to go thru all of that
They're most likely not doing that because of weed but because of PEDs.

How else do you get the other person's urine into the bladder? You have to pee in front of these people. Or they will die the toilet water blue and turn off the sink, making it impossible for you to dilute it yourself in private. 

You have to inject it through a catheter tube. So it's not really an "injection" but it's using a syringe to pump the urine up the urethra into the bladder. It's terribly uncomfortable- not that I would know- and you have to pee like absolutely crazy because you have to fill the bladder completely to prevent further urine of your own from going into the bladder

They're most likely not doing that because of weed but because of PEDs.
To the average intelligent person, sure it's more for PEDs but can be for drugs as well. Especially when you stand to lose millions of dollars if you test positive. You'd think an athlete would jus tlay off the weed for a few weeks before his drug test.... but like I said... to the average intelligent person that makes sense. These guys can be pretty dumb

How else do you get the other person's urine into the bladder? You have to inject it through a catheter tube. So it's not really an "injection" but it's using a syringe to pump the urine up the urethra into the bladder. It's terribly uncomfortable- not that I would know- and you have to pee like absolutely crazy because you have to fill the bladder completely to prevent further urine of your own from going into the bladder
It's amazing the lengths some people go to hide the stupid crap they do.

How else do you get the other person's urine into the bladder? You have to pee in front of these people. Or they will die the toilet water blue and turn off the sink, making it impossible for you to dilute it yourself in private. 

You have to inject it through a catheter tube. So it's not really an "injection" but it's using a syringe to pump the urine up the urethra into the bladder. It's terribly uncomfortable- not that I would know- and you have to pee like absolutely crazy because you have to fill the bladder completely to prevent further urine of your own from going into the bladder
Thought it was like that rb a few years back who got caught with the fake penis and put it in his pants

Thought it was like that rb a few years back who got caught with the fake penis and put it in his pants
Please let's not let this lapse into obscurity as this, along with Najeh Davenport's pooping in a closet hamper, was some of the most sublime and entertaining busts that have come up over the last many years.

It was Onterrio Smith. At the airport. With the Whizzinator. 

Please let's not let this lapse into obscurity as this, along with Najeh Davenport's pooping in a closet hamper, was some of the most sublime and entertaining busts that have come up over the last many years.

Don't forget Ron Mexico

I don't remember those options in Clue. 

It's amazing the lengths some people go to hide the stupid crap they do.
This thread is full of assumptions. I have to say, its kinda funny a Hawkeye fan is leading the hate Brigade against a Wolverine. Sure it could have been weed, but we dont know. I spent about an hour searching for anything bad on this kid and nothing. A diluted sample and some people are treating him like he is the worst person on here. 

This thread is full of assumptions. I have to say, its kinda funny a Hawkeye fan is leading the hate Brigade against a Wolverine. Sure it could have been weed, but we dont know. I spent about an hour searching for anything bad on this kid and nothing. A diluted sample and some people are treating him like he is the worst person on here. 

You spent an hour and didn't find the story about some chick at U-M posting 5000 flyers aout him spreading an STD around campus? Your googling skills could use some work.

I heard something about Peppers got pulled about 30 minutes before their bowl game this past year, with some mysterious ailment.  I don't recall, anyone remember or know anything about those circumstances?

You spent an hour and didn't find the story about some chick at U-M posting 5000 flyers aout him spreading an STD around campus? Your googling skills could use some work.
Rumors of STDs from a bitter sexual partner is not anything that matters. 

Not really.  But this should be essentially a non story 

This is one of the dumbest threads ever.   It was a diluted sample.  Peppers explanation makes 100 times more sense than the crap being peddled here.   Oh the shark pool is filled with poop. 

This is one of the dumbest threads ever.   It was a diluted sample.  Peppers explanation makes 100 times more sense than the crap being peddled here.   Oh the shark pool is filled with poop. 
I can't tell if you're being serious and have your head in the sand, or if this is a bit.

I can't tell if you're being serious and have your head in the sand, or if this is a bit.
Dead serious.  The speculation here is stupid.  The only thing the test shows is he drank too much water.  It may raise a red flag, but that is it.  Peppers explanation makes far more sense than any of the wannabe internet doctors posting here. 

Dead serious.  The speculation here is stupid.  The only thing the test shows is he drank too much water.  It may raise a red flag, but that is it.  Peppers explanation makes far more sense than any of the wannabe internet doctors posting here. 
Agreed. And yes, the test is flawed if you fail for drinking too much fluids. Why any employer tests for pot is beyond me. Just legalize it already. 

It's not an assumption that he's telling the truth? How can you believe 100% what he says. When is the last time a guy tested positive, or failed a test for some reason or another and came out and said, "yep, I messed up I was taking steroids"?  

It raises a red flag... which is exactly what people here are saying. Yes, it's very possible he drank a lot of water and is telling the truth. Excuse me for not taking an athlete at his word when he fails a test lol. And for the record, my Doctorate degree is very real. 

Yeah and out of what, 300 players or so who got invited to the Combine, only Peppers and Foster were the ONLY ones who were sick/dehydrated who drank a lot of water?  lol
Nope, but they were the only ones that the public cared about. No one really cares about a positive test from a 3rd round offensive tackle...

I'll list this as a "rumor" since I can't provide a link to back this up. I live near and work in Ann Arbor near campus. Those in the know around here said it's for weed but nothing PED related.

Joe Thomas posted about this too saying that many players are so worried about weight and dehydration that they pound water like crazy, when not sick, let alone when they're feeling under the weather.

Any player who has a diluted sample should just get retested before the draft.  

It's not an assumption that he's telling the truth? How can you believe 100% what he says. When is the last time a guy tested positive, or failed a test for some reason or another and came out and said, "yep, I messed up I was taking steroids"?

It raises a red flag... which is exactly what people here are saying. Yes, it's very possible he drank a lot of water and is telling the truth. Excuse me for not taking an athlete at his word when he fails a test lol. And for the record, my Doctorate degree is very real. 
No its not an assumption. He didnt test positive for weed or any other substance, it was diluted. I'm not assuming, I am using the info that was provided to base my remark off of. BIG DIFFERENCE. Your doctorate should tell you that, you even said it was possible for sample to come back diluted because he drank a lot of water. I dont know if he was or wasnt on weed or toher drugs, I know his sample was diluted. That could mean many things and thats all I know about it, I'm assuming nothing. When is the last time a guy assumed something, and was wrong? You and many others are doing the assuming since it is not public if he had any drugs in his system. Sorry if you dont like your assumptions to be called assumptions. I cant believe I had to explain to a doctor what an assumption is.  :grad:  

Peppers has gone from a vastly overrated player, once discussed in the top 5, to a most likely underrated player.  He didn't have a lot of interceptions and he was small when he played linebacker. Well, he did was he was told to do by Harbaugh. He set the edge for the Wolverines. He wasn't asked to cover on most plays, he wasn't given the chance to be a ball hawk, he set the edge against the run and funneled players back into the defensive line that was dominant.  He projects to be an excellent nickel corner and possibly a great safety. When he was asked to cover in man to man, he did a great job, he just wasn't asked to do that very much. It's much easier for DBs in coverage to stack up INTs than a guy playing in the box on most plays.

Lol.  You are complaining about people making assumptions and then assume that I'm leading the hate brigade?  Pot meet kettle.  I haven't said anything bad about Peppers.  My post you commented on was directed towards all athletes that make stupid mistakes.  I have no idea if he was hiding something or not and even if he was I don't see it affecting him too much.

My criticism on Peppers has nothing to do with him being a Wolverine but has everything to do with me not believing he is a first round pick.  I've seen him play enough to know he's not that great of a defender.  I feel he's a bigger threat on offense and in the return game.  He's a serious athlete but doesn't have a main position so I couldn't justify using too high of a pick on him.  I think he's a late 2nd round player.

The difference is Peppers knows what went on, you don't.  But yet you are certain he is lying ("BS excuse" "I don't believe this for a second") and then you start talking ridiculous crap about injecting urine into his bladder.  Of course if he actually did inject someone else's urine it would not have tested as diluted, so you are completely in left field there.  It is total nonsense the stuff you were speculating on and then saying stuff about "miracle water" and further speculation about PED's which there is no basis for.  You have not been raising red flags as you claim.  You have gone so much further making unsupported allegations, ignorant speculation, and acting like you are certain all this stuff you spread is true. 

The difference is Peppers knows what went on, you don't.  But yet you are certain he is lying ("BS excuse" "I don't believe this for a second") and then you start talking ridiculous crap about injecting urine into his bladder.  Of course if he actually did inject someone else's urine it would not have tested as diluted, so you are completely in left field there.  It is total nonsense the stuff you were speculating on and then saying stuff about "miracle water" and further speculation about PED's which there is no basis for.  You have not been raising red flags as you claim.  You have gone so much further making unsupported allegations, ignorant speculation, and acting like you are certain all this stuff you spread is true. 
I never accused him of doing that. In fact, if you read my entire post I stated:

I even admitted to "guessing" as it's "usually the cause" 

Let's not let science get in the way: Not sure if you all can read this or if I can only access it at work since I have access to research journals on this computer. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2962812/

PDF version if it works
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2962812/pdf/bph0161-0001.pdf

To summarize, diuretics will lead to a diluted sample as you excrete a lot of water from your body

I guess I'm the jerk for not believing some athlete who stands to lose millions on a failed test over research that proves a logical reason for a diluted sample done by a researcher who stands to lose nothing

I never accused him of doing that. In fact, if you read my entire post I stated:

I even admitted to "guessing" as it's "usually the cause" 

Let's not let science get in the way: Not sure if you all can read this or if I can only access it at work since I have access to research journals on this computer. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2962812/

PDF version if it works
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2962812/pdf/bph0161-0001.pdf

To summarize, diuretics will lead to a diluted sample as you excrete a lot of water from your body

I guess I'm the jerk for not believing some athlete who stands to lose millions on a failed test over research that proves a logical reason for a diluted sample done by a researcher who stands to lose nothing
That is a cop out.  It is like saying you are guessing the dude is a child molester than claiming you are not accusing him of anything.  Yeah right.  I am sure there are ways to inject stuff up your penis to cheat a test.  You still have no basis to say what is 'usually the cause'.  It is also known that drinking too much water can lead to a diluted sample test. 

Users who are viewing this thread