What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Houston Astros 2018 thread / repeat? (1 Viewer)

cosjobs

Footballguy
Previous thread has not been bumped this season, even with the stros leading all baseball in Wins.

The starting pitching staff has outperformed all expectations thus far and the relief corps are as good as any. I doubt the starters stay on this level, but would not be the least bit surprised to see a mid-season to deadline deal for a SP  stud or two, unless Devenski and/or Peacock can stretch out and keep their effectiveness. I think there is plenty of relief depth in the system, The ease with which Keuchel has returned to 2015 form makes me think he's for real. McCullers is just nasty. Musgrove is still a bit erratic (last outing gives up 4 runs in the first, then no-hits the next 18 batters). Fiers and Morton are serviceable with the relief corps and battery behind them.

The bats are making the lineup relentless to opposing pitchers. The only weak spots are Marwin Gonzalez (who doesn't play much) and Reddick and Aoki's ineptitude vs. LHP. But with the depth and breadth of the roster, they seldom play against a lefthander.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantasy sleepers

With Marisnick crashing into the wall yesterday and Springer tweaking his hammy, They really don't want Beltran of Gattis spending much time out there and Aoki and Reddick cannot hit lefties, so I could see them calling up Teoscar Hernandez in the near future. TH has a .358 OBP with 4 HRs, 3 Triples and 3 SBs through 16 games in AAA after a slow start. Tony Kemp is also a possiblility, but while his defense is good, I'd rate a pretty good defensive advantage to Teoscar and defense is what will most be needed, should Marisnick or Springer go down for 10 days.

Fantasy sleepers

With Marisnick crashing into the wall yesterday and Springer tweaking his hammy, They really don't want Beltran of Gattis spending much time out there and Aoki and Reddick cannot hit lefties, so I could see them calling up Teoscar Hernandez in the near future. TH has a .358 OBP with 4 HRs, 3 Triples and 3 SBs through 16 games in AAA after a slow start. Tony Kemp is also a possiblility, but while his defense is good, I'd rate a pretty good defensive advantage to Teoscar and defense is what will most be needed, should Marisnick or Springer go down for 10 days.
SO they call up Teo and he bashes his knee into Altuve's head. His knee looks to have taken the worst of it and he's likely headed to the DL.I'd like to see them call up Derek Fisher, but he's not on the 40 man roster, so I expect to see Preston Tucker instead.

I think these guys may be up to something.

Off season pickups of Reddick, McCann, Beltran, Aoki and Morton looking shrewd. Really great veteran presence, seemingly satisfied starting 3-5x a week.

He cooled off in the month of May, so hopefully tonight gets him going again. 
That's the thing tho, They're so freaking deep offensively that 3-4 guys can be in the doldrums at any time and they can still put up 5-6 runs a game.  Bregman has been sucky all season, but I'm pretty sure he'll come around. Yuli started the first few weeks for ####, but then started getting it together. He's a seasoned vet and I'm more worried about Bregman than him. 

Starting rotation has a 3.45 ERA, which is stellar in comparison to other AL teams. Is Peacock being considered to replace Morton?

What do you do when you're down 8-2 in the 8th?

Score 11

I love this team

Astros are on Fox tonight and I can get it.

Going to watch my first game probably since the 2005 World Series.

Getting to watch my second game of the year. 

Red Sox and Astros are wearing blue uniforms. Very odd. 

Got the see my third game of the year on tv last night (well acrually this morning on dvr, was in no condition to be able to watch anything last night). 

I must be good luck. I'm 3-0. That game was looking like a loss though. Glad they pulled it out. 

Can't wait til they get all their pitchers back. Should be unstoppable. 

Got the see my third game of the year on tv last night (well acrually this morning on dvr, was in no condition to be able to watch anything last night). 

I must be good luck. I'm 3-0. That game was looking like a loss though. Glad they pulled it out. 

Can't wait til they get all their pitchers back. Should be unstoppable. 
X2

Are they going to make a trade before the deadline?
The only two starters I am interested in are Gray and Darvish, but I am dubious about trading any of our prospects to play for divisional opponents.

We really need some LH bullpen help, but we should not need to give up any top 5-10 prospect talent for that

The only two starters I am interested in are Gray and Darvish, but I am dubious about trading any of our prospects to play for divisional opponents.

We really need some LH bullpen help, but we should not need to give up any top 5-10 prospect talent for that
Yeah I don't know baseball players anywhere near like I used to and have no clue who they are. 

I looked up Darvish to see who he was. Don't see the Rangers doing anything that would help the Astros. Those 2 teams don't have a lot of love for each other. 

Yeah I don't know baseball players anywhere near like I used to and have no clue who they are. 

I looked up Darvish to see who he was. Don't see the Rangers doing anything that would help the Astros. Those 2 teams don't have a lot of love for each other. 
The big deal on our side is we get darvish for two months and they'd want at last two studs from us, who could haunt us for a decade

Users who are viewing this thread