What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

greg allman - hospice (1 Viewer)

https://www.yahoo.com/music/gregg-allman-not-entered-hospice-care-manager-insists-203825097.html

Reports of Gregg Allman entering hospice care are untrue, his manager told Variety via a representative on Monday. His comment was soon followed by a post on Allman’s Facebook page, which reads:

“A message from Gregg: ‘Hey everyone. I just wanted y’all to know that I’m currently home in Savannah resting on my doctor’s orders. I want to thank you for all the love that you are sending. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Keep Rockin’ ‘ ”

In other words: Not in a hospice.

Rumors circulating over the weekend were soundly denied by Allman’s manager through his publicist, but on Monday a report from the radio station 97X in Davenport, Iowa was picked up by Relix magazine’s website, which gave it a higher profile. Travis Tritt was among many sending the veteran rocker his best wishes via Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw him last year at the Canyon Club near my house.  Still rocking.  Loved the interview Dan Rather did with him on AXS.  Heard he cancelled a bunch of shows due to health.  Wouldn't surprise me.  Hope it's not true though.

Sucks. One of the best voices in history.

He had to cancel in Portland 2yrs ago for health, then came last summer. We wouldn't stop cheering he was overwhelmed. He had to leave when his time was up (they turn off the stage at 10:30, it's outdoors downtown, noise ordinance) but as he was leaving, got on the mic and said thank you I will definitely be back.

Hope he pulls off a miracle, big fan

:(

Last Sunday morning, the sunshine felt like rain.Week before, they all seemed the same.With the help of God and true friends, I come to realizeI still had two strong legs, and even wings to fly.

Is the guy dying or what? I keep reading that he is not in hospice and then two posts later,  :( . If you guys could get together and figure out whats going on and report back, I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to get pissed at 2017 and I need clear direction. 

I can't imagine a world where people haven't heard of the Allman Brothers.
Yeah, that's pretty ####### dumb.  You can't be a middle aged man in American and not heard of the Allman Brothers.  Unless you've never ONCE turned on a classic rock station, never had MTV, avoid reading any and all musical magazines or grew up with parents who strictly forbid any music in the house.  

And Noonan, come on with this garbage.  You grew up in Eugene, home of the aging hippies.  You're telling me you never once heard an Allman Brothers song?  That's really hard to believe.  

That world is called Oregon.
Which is ####### garbage.  Absolute total BS.  He was the headline at Blues Fest here in 2014 (got sick and had to cancel) and came back to headline 2015.  It's a four day concert in the middle of downtown with attendance cracking 100,000 total.  The classic rock stations here play Allman Brothers all the damn time.  One of the greatest jam bands in the history of rock and roll, I find it nearly impossible to have attended school at the epicenter of jam band nation and not heard an Allman Brothers song. 

Yeah, that's pretty ####### dumb.  You can't be a middle aged man in American and not heard of the Allman Brothers.  Unless you've never ONCE turned on a classic rock station, never had MTV, avoid reading any and all musical magazines or grew up with parents who strictly forbid any music in the house.  

And Noonan, come on with this garbage.  You grew up in Eugene, home of the aging hippies.  You're telling me you never once heard an Allman Brothers song?  That's really hard to believe.  
I would probably recognize an Allman Brothers song if I heard it but would have no clue who sung it.  Allman Brothers are a hippie band?  I remember growing up when the Greatful Dead had a concert at Autzen Stadium and our neighborhood was flooded with all these hippies with tie die shirts.  That was very annoying.  I lived very close to Autzen growing up.

The title of the thread could have been Tom Servo and it would have been the same thing, no clue who he is.  Looks like he is some sort of musician.
Why would you come into a thread about someone that is dying just to let everyone know you never heard of him?

I would probably recognize an Allman Brothers song if I heard it but would have no clue who sung it.  Allman Brothers are a hippie band?  I remember growing up when the Greatful Dead had a concert at Autzen Stadium and our neighborhood was flooded with all these hippies with tie die shirts.  That was very annoying.  I lived very close to Autzen growing up.
Yes, like all bands that emerged from the late 60s/early 70s, they could be thrown into the category of 'hippie band', if that's your designation for men with long hair playing the hell out of some rock & roll.  There is literally no way you've made it this far in life without having heard an Allman Brothers song.  Background music in a bar, classic rock in your car stereo, MTV for their 80s hit I'm No Angel.....Hell, I've heard the band that plays halftime at the Moshofsky Center play the Allman Brothers on numerous occasions.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you come into a thread about someone that is dying just to let everyone know you never heard of him?
So people would get angry and tell me there is no way I could have not heard of him.  To be fair, I originally quoted someone else who had no idea who he was and agreed.

Yes, like all bands that emerged from the late 60s/early 70s, they could be thrown into the category of 'hippie band', if that's your designation for men with long hair playing the hell out of some rock & roll.  There is literally no way you've made it this far in life without having heard an Allman Brothers band.  Background music in a bar, classic rock in your car stereo, MTV for their 80s hit I'm No Angel.....Hell, I've heard the band that plays halftime at the Moshofsky Center play the Allman Brothers on numerous occasions.  
Yeah I just clicked the link and listened to I'm No Angel,  never heard it before.  

Users who are viewing this thread