What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daryl Washington ILB . REINSTATED. Released. Cowboys sniffin' around. (1 Viewer)

BigSteelThrill

Footballguy
Reinstated ILB Daryl Washington insists he's in the "best shape of my life."
"Physically I’m in the best shape of my life and have maintained a strenuous six-day per week workout plan for over a year in anticipation of this day and next season," Washington said. "I understand the physical and mental demands that it takes to be an All-Pro linebacker in this League, and I fully intend to play at that level this season." Washington has All-Pro-caliber play in him, as he was named a second-teamer in 2012. It'll be interesting to see if the Cardinals give him a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, his last game was in 2013. He got the same conditional reinstatement Martavis Bryant got, he can attend team activities but has to go through another Goodell review before being allowed to play Week 1. I have no problem dropping a late pick on the guy on a LB needy team.

I wouldn't give up anything for him as he hasn't played in years so who knows what he will look like.  If you can pick him up for free it might be worth it but I wouldn't give up anything of value. 

His quote was obviously written for him by his agent. I always take these sort of "best shape in my life" quotes with a pinch of salt because no-one's going to say "I've been sitting around playing Madden, drinking beer and getting totally out of shape."

"Physically I’m in the best shape of my life and have maintained a strenuous six-day per week workout plan for over a year in anticipation of this day and next season," Washington said. "I understand the physical and mental demands that it takes to be an All-Pro linebacker in this League, and I fully intend to play at that level this season."

His quote was obviously written for him by his agent. I always take these sort of "best shape in my life" quotes with a pinch of salt because no-one's going to say "I've been sitting around playing Madden, drinking beer and getting totally out of shape."

"Physically I’m in the best shape of my life and have maintained a strenuous six-day per week workout plan for over a year in anticipation of this day and next season," Washington said. "I understand the physical and mental demands that it takes to be an All-Pro linebacker in this League, and I fully intend to play at that level this season."

I say that all the time.

Gordon's reinstatement was rescinded, haven't heard of Washington's being done so yet 

Who could use an ILB?

Indy

Washington

NO

Gordon's reinstatement was rescinded, haven't heard of Washington's being done so yet 

Who could use an ILB?

Indy

Washington

NO
Oakland might be the best/only shot for him. They might just take a chance on him and there is a need there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread