What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland, TN (1 Viewer)

Beef Ravioli

Footballguy
Anyone from there or familiar with the area? A small possibility I may have a move there in a year or so. Would like to research it now and see if there is anything appealing to me and the wife. 

Have been there a few times because of Lee University. Purportedly the busiest Walmart in the country is there but I find that statement to be disingenuous. Close enough to Chattanooga if you want a big city feel. Still small town America in Cleveland.

Anyone from there or familiar with the area? A small possibility I may have a move there in a year or so. Would like to research it now and see if there is anything appealing to me and the wife. 
I may be wrong but I thought I heard it is a pretty rough area.

Cleveland, Tennessee, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 100, is 77. Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

It's known for white water rafting.  We used to go camping there a lot.  Not a town I'd love to live in.  Chattanooga isn't far though and that's a great town. 

Upside is its a beautiful area and I bet housing is really cheap.

I spent a year there one afternoon. It looked like the 1950s had never ended. It made me think that this must be what it feels like to be in Cuba.

Moving there for business or family?  There's not a whole lot going on there unless (as others have mentioned) you count Chattanooga.  I've never heard of anyone moving to Cleveland for business before.

Hijack: Chattanooga has really overhauled itself nicely the last 10-15 years.  It's still not great but it was a #### hole 20 years ago (apologies for anyone who lived/lives there) but they've rejuvenated the downtown over all these years after the aquarium was built.  We really enjoy a long weekend up there now.

It's known for white water rafting.  We used to go camping there a lot.  Not a town I'd love to live in.  Chattanooga isn't far though and that's a great town. 

Upside is its a beautiful area and I bet housing is really cheap.
The whitewater rafting is great. The only 2 times I've been near there was to go white water rafting down the Ocoee River. The same river they used for kayaking during the 1996 Olympic games. 

Great times.

Moving there for business or family?  There's not a whole lot going on there unless (as others have mentioned) you count Chattanooga.  I've never heard of anyone moving to Cleveland for business before.
My wife has some family that recently moved near there but I wouldn't necessarily trust their opinion completely. We are empty nesters and both of our kids are attending college in the south, though not in TN. My job allows me some flexibility to have some freedom to move. We are not rich or else I would not be looking at Cleveland, TN. Probably would not be a long term move but would consider if there was some upside to purchase a house with potential of great equity as that has been our previous practice. 

Hijack: Chattanooga has really overhauled itself nicely the last 10-15 years.  It's still not great but it was a #### hole 20 years ago (apologies for anyone who lived/lives there) but they've rejuvenated the downtown over all these years after the aquarium was built.  We really enjoy a long weekend up there now.
We have more family in Chattanooga and would consider it as well. As mentioned their "revival" has/is happening and the chance to get the potential high equity property is harder to come by. 

Looks like downtown Chattanooga to downtown Cleveland (is there a downtown Cleveland?) is 36 minutes according to Google Maps. So, you could probably pick a place in Chattanooga if all you're looking to do is be relatively close to Cleveland to see family every once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread