What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things everyone should know, but somehow they don't. (1 Viewer)

Nick Vermeil

Footballguy
The woman who sits outside my office came in with a cold today.  She's coughing up a storm and sounds miserable.  The receptionist who sits next to her offers her a cough drop.  "Oh yes, thank you, thank you. That would be great." She takes the cough drop, pops it in her mouth and crunches it up like she's eating an almond.  The thing is gone in 15 seconds. :unsure:  The receptionist and I just look at each other, like WTF?  How do you not know how a cough drop works?  Needless to say, she's still coughing.  

I regularly have people ask me to notarize documents for them, then pull out a signed document when they show up.

I have to watch you sign.  That's one of the main things about notarizing a document. 

People that can't change a flat tire - like not that they're good at it or not, but they literally don't know where to start.

What to do at a four-way stop.
####### hell, this.  my work route takes me through 2 every day. the number of times i see someone sitting there waiting for me to roll up, stop, then watch as they blink their lights and wave their hands at me to go is.... troubling.

People that can't change a flat tire - like not that they're good at it or not, but they literally don't know where to start.
This is one of those life skills that is growing less and less important due to technology - the "run-flat" tires and similar products. Many of the newer electric cars don't include a spare of any sort due to weight concerns. The BMW i3 hasn't included a spare for several years now, but has an inflator/pump that includes a sealant.

This is one of those life skills that is growing less and less important due to technology - the "run-flat" tires and similar products. Many of the newer electric cars don't include a spare of any sort due to weight concerns. The BMW i3 hasn't included a spare for several years now, but has an inflator/pump that includes a sealant.
Should I have known this?

####### hell, this.  my work route takes me through 2 every day. the number of times i see someone sitting there waiting for me to roll up, stop, then watch as they blink their lights and wave their hands at me to go is.... troubling.
I hate it when people sit there until I stop and then decide to go.  If they want to sit there and wave me through, I can live with that.

People don't know how to merge in a straight line.  There's no way they can be expected to handle something as complex as a circle. 

Stopping two car-lengths behind someone at a red light and then creeping up to the appropriate distance over the next minute serves no real purpose other than to let other drivers know your lips move when you read.

Worse when they're in food service.  How big a #### move is it to offer to open the bottle for them?

Asking for a friend. :oldunsure:
Come on.  What mistake did a waiter/waitress make opening a bottle that was so abhorrent that you needed to relieve them of their corkscrew?

Further broken down:

How to use a single-lane traffic circle.

How to use a dual-lane traffic circle.
Ok, I've never used a dual-lane traffic circle, but I think I see a problem.

Say I'm coming from the east and I want to continue going east.  There's another car coming from the west and he wants to go north (a left turn).  He gets into the inner circle and I get into the outer circle.  Now say he's gotten into the circle ahead of me and I enter the circle just as he's coming past my entrance to the circle, so we're side-by-side into the circle.  He's going to want to turn right from the inner circle across my path to exit before I want to exit.  What do I do?  Keep going and let him figure out what to do or slow down to let him cross in front of me?  What does he do?

Say I'm coming from the east and I want to continue going east.  There's another car coming from the west and he wants to go north (a left turn).  He gets into the inner circle and I get into the outer circle.  Now say he's gotten into the circle ahead of me and I enter the circle just as he's coming past my entrance to the circle, so we're side-by-side into the circle.  He's going to want to turn right from the inner circle across my path to exit before I want to exit.  What do I do?  Keep going and let him figure out what to do or slow down to let him cross in front of me?  What does he do?
You figure it out.  Just like people merging on and off of a freeway.

In general, just avoid the left lane. In the side-by-side situation, the person who wants to continue their path maintains their speed, and the person who wants to get over either speeds up or slows down to get over.

The woman who sits outside my office came in with a cold today.  She's coughing up a storm and sounds miserable.  The receptionist who sits next to her offers her a cough drop.  "Oh yes, thank you, thank you. That would be great." She takes the cough drop, pops it in her mouth and crunches it up like she's eating an almond.  The thing is gone in 15 seconds. :unsure:  The receptionist and I just look at each other, like WTF?  How do you not know how a cough drop works?  Needless to say, she's still coughing.  
Why would she know how to use a cough drop when she is too dumb to stay home and not get others sick?

I regularly have people ask me to notarize documents for them, then pull out a signed document when they show up.

I have to watch you sign.  That's one of the main things about notarizing a document. 
I have had to go back to my office and reprint because I signed before I got there.  :bag:

I hate it when people sit there until I stop and then decide to go.  If they want to sit there and wave me through, I can live with that.
With city driving, I'm definitely going to wait until I'm sure the other guy is stopping, especially if I have the kids in my car. I do this for the same reason I carry max uninsured/underinsured coverage - because kids driving in the city don't give a #### about red lights and stop signs.

With city driving, I'm definitely going to wait until I'm sure the other guy is stopping, especially if I have the kids in my car. I do this for the same reason I carry max uninsured/underinsured coverage - because kids driving in the city don't give a #### about red lights and stop signs.
You can tell when someone is slowing to stop.  You don't need to see them stop to know they will.

In general, just avoid the left lane. In the side-by-side situation, the person who wants to continue their path maintains their speed, and the person who wants to get over either speeds up or slows down to get over.
From what I read, in multi-lane circles you use the right lane only if you want to turn right or go straight.  If you want to go straight, turn left, or make a u-turn, you would use the left lane. Going all the way around the circle in the right lane apparently pisses people off.

People don't know how to merge in a straight line.  There's no way they can be expected to handle something as complex as a circle. 
The worst for me everyday when cars are entering the highway and merging and the person in the middle lane decides it is his job to help everyone merge and darts into the passing lane nearly wrecking everyone.

Stopping two car-lengths behind someone at a red light and then creeping up to the appropriate distance over the next minute serves no real purpose other than to let other drivers know your lips move when you read.
This bothers me, but what bothers me more is people who stop two car lengths behind someone in the left turn lane, during high traffic times, and thus backs other people wanting to turn left back into the straight lane, and I am sitting there wanting to go straight behind people stopped at a red turn light, when only one more car needs to get over into the turn lane but they can't because Mr. mycaristooimportanttobewithin15feetofanothercar is ####### up my world. 

Then when they finally are able to go, I am stuck at the red light.  ####!!!

Self checkout

Some ### at home depot rolls up to the self-checkout with a giant cart full of lumber, and immediately starts to look around for someone to help him out.

Last edited by a moderator:

:confused:  you're not being asked to witness, but to notarize?  That means that the person swore/affirmed to you, in person, that they signed it.  You don't need to actually see them sign.

#takeittothelawyerthread

From what I read, in multi-lane circles you use the right lane only if you want to turn right or go straight.  If you want to go straight, turn left, or make a u-turn, you would use the left lane. Going all the way around the circle in the right lane apparently pisses people off.
Drive around a few of them and let me know what works best for you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread