What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is your favorite Non-Major Sport to watch on tv or live? (1 Viewer)

Sport To Watch which is Not Football (US or Aussie), Rugby, Hockey, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Te

• Lacrosse

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Racquetball / Squash

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Curling

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • Handball

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Running

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Skiing

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • White Water / Surfing

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Bicycling

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Motocross

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Water Polo

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 37 34.9%

• Total voters

SaintsInDome2006

Footballguy
I was reading about ESPN and Cleveland TN threads and was thinking of how ESPN used to be peppered with non-major sports in the old, old, olden days. They would show racquetball, skiing, just about anything.

Well, vote away, just curious if anyone ever tunes in to any non-major sports these days or if they would.

Feel free to add anything obvious missing from the list.

nothing beats a day at the track. 

nothing.

bump up further for shrines like Keeneland/Belmont/Del Mar/Saratoga/Churchill/Santa Anita

? + $ + ?+ ? =  :thumbup:

nothing.

bump up further for shrines like Keeneland/Belmont/Del Mar/Saratoga/Churchill/Santa Anita

This. I voted for skiing but I was really thinking about watching TV. If I had been thinking of live viewing it's hard to beat a beautiful day at the track!

nothing.

Good call

Hit Arlington for Mothers Day most years. Also been to Churchill for KY Derby 4 times. Should be hitting Keenland for the first time in October 

My most recent roommate and I would watch on ESPN in this order:

NFL

Pool/billiards

Poker

Boxing

Anything else was going to lead to an argument.

Lacrosse on TV has some issues. Tracking the ball movement can be hard. In person, high level lacrosse is awesome to watch.

I like box lacrosse better than field lacrosse, but either is great in person.

A well-produced telecast of either is also good, but those are fairly rare.

i like that thing in eastern europe where like a whole village comes out and stands on a hill and then someone throws a cheese wheel down that hill and then bam the whole village goes after the cheese because it is fun watching those crazy stinkbag eastern europeans fall all over hell and i bet that the guy who does get that cheese is at the bar later with it and has all the women going crazy over him and he is like gunter got the cheese baby so that is what i like take that to the bank bromigos 

Handball is fun to watch.......only get to see it when the Olympics roll around but it is interesting.

Right now I'm obsessed with squash, I watch PSAsquashTV on YouTube daily. During the Summer Olympics I watch as much handball and indoor volleyball as possible but do not watch either sport at all outside of the Olympics. 

Online pro disc golf coverage has gotten really good over the past few years. Usually edited rounds are up on YouTube a few days after the tourney, with good commentary and very few commercials. Takes maybe an hour to watch one round.

Lacrosse on TV has some issues. Tracking the ball movement can be hard. In person, high level lacrosse is awesome to watch.

I like box lacrosse better than field lacrosse, but either is great in person.

A well-produced telecast of either is also good, but those are fairly rare.
I used to watch the National Lacrosse League when ESPN used to show them. We used to have a team in Columbus. Wish we still did.

We have an NHL, a MLS and even a MLL team here and I don't like to watch any of them. Box lacrosse however is a lot of fun to watch. 

Politician Spock said:
I used to watch the National Lacrosse League when ESPN used to show them. We used to have a team in Columbus. Wish we still did.

We have an NHL, a MLS and even a MLL team here and I don't like to watch any of them. Box lacrosse however is a lot of fun to watch. 
I had season tickets for two seasons when the Stealth were in Seattle (actually Everett, but whatever). I also periodically go north of the border to watch the Canadian league.

It is so much more fun to watch than most minor sports. I also like it better than baseball, but that is natural for me, since I played lacrosse and not baseball.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
I was reading about ESPN and Cleveland TN threads and was thinking of how ESPN used to be peppered with non-major sports in the old, old, olden days. They would show racquetball, skiing, just about anything.

Well, vote away, just curious if anyone ever tunes in to any non-major sports these days or if they would.

Feel free to add anything obvious missing from the list.
My dad was an early adopter of ESPN, so I remember the early days of the channel showing Australian Rules Football. 

Used to follow women's gymnastics year-round when my daughter competed in the sport. NCAA women's gymnastics meets with top programs (mainly SEC schools) are fun: a lot less pressure on individuals because of the team-based scoring system, a lot more crowd participation because it's SEC schools competing against each other.  It's a little strange seeing former Olympians in college meets performing at lower levels of difficulty but seeming to have a lot more fun during competition.  

The other non-major sport I check in on outside the Olympics is short-track speed skating.  I follow a few of the national program skaters on social media.  

I watch darts pretty much everyday before work.  When I get to England, it will be a priority to get to a live event.

Users who are viewing this thread