What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

$12,000-a-ticket luxury Fyre Festival in Bahamas descends into a Lord of the Flies dystopia (1 Viewer)

Haven't seen the Hulu doc yet but really enjoyed the Netflix one. Also that metal credit card, lol
I need to see if this is real or not, but who knows.  They said on reddit the metal credit cards were a hotel key that they just had their logo put on.  I can't find that post, but that scam was probably even more insane. 

The individual that was willing to do a favor for the water delivery... why did he tell that story so proudly?
The premise is just so absurd. Oh you’re gay so can you go suck some rando ####? Why didn’t he tell Billy to go handle that? What’s being gay have to do with it? 

The premise is just so absurd. Oh you’re gay so can you go suck some rando ####? Why didn’t he tell Billy to go handle that? What’s being gay have to do with it? 
You mostly expect some dip#### "social media marketing" professionals to get rooked by this clown, but that he also had some actual adults hoodwinked is pretty impressive/scary.

If you think about it, the most amazing scam Billy pulled off was getting people to pay a 250 dollar annual fee for a card that was literally the same as the user’s Wells Fargo or Chase card. Can you imagine how stupid you have to be to pay 250 bucks for something you already have? How did he even get one person to do this?

If you think about it, the most amazing scam Billy pulled off was getting people to pay a 250 dollar annual fee for a card that was literally the same as the user’s Wells Fargo or Chase card. Can you imagine how stupid you have to be to pay 250 bucks for something you already have? How did he even get one person to do this?
And you have to carry around a piece of ####### metal in your pants.

Watched the Hulu version last night.  I liked the Netflix version better, but Hulu having Billy was an interesting watch.  A lot of cringe-worthy moments. 

I did hear a go-fund-me is up for the islanders who lost money in the deal.  Maybe some good will come of this.

Thought they were both good but a lot of focus on the influencers in the Hulu one.  This whole notion of influencers and of the type that they are is ridiculous.  Get mad thinking about it.  Makes me care less about any of these idiots that bought into this fest, even before a lineup was announced, just because they saw someone touting it on Instagram.

I can't believe they thought they could plan for another one the next year.   

He's certainly delusional but also Billy has no conscience at all.  Maybe he can turn his life around when he gets out but I doubt it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought it was interesting he got over 100 grand from his ticket scam out on parole using the same email list as Fyre. Some people never learn, him and the pinheads he duped.

Watched the Hulu version last night.  I liked the Netflix version better, but Hulu having Billy was an interesting watch.  A lot of cringe-worthy moments. 

I did hear a go-fund-me is up for the islanders who lost money in the deal.  Maybe some good will come of this.
Think it's raised like $160k or something. That's good.

No because it was only false advertising.
I think the main dude pleaded to a wire fraud charge. The rapper guy and others are all defendants in the civil lawsuits though. I read a while back, there are a couple class actions and I think at least 8 separate lawsuits. If he’s got anything of value to protect, he’s probably scrambling to shield assets in preparation for a BK. 

I imagine JaRule opens himself up to huge civil lawsuits at some point.  He's probably the only one with any money to go after.  

The wire fraud charges and securities fraud stuff was all on Billy.  I don't know if JaRule got some protection for testifying or what.  That wasn't clear from the docs.

The state of affairs have always been the same.

People have been getting schemed since the beginning of time. Nothing to do with today's youth, millennials or whatever.

Remeber,  we are only 40 years removed from a dude promising a better life convincing over 1000 people to fly to south america to start a utopian society only to have over 900 of them kill themselves, other members and their own children by ingesting cyanide. 

This was a bunch of people with disposable income looking for another good time and they got beat. Has probably happend several times again since this incident. 
I can blame the religious/cult aspect of the Jones Kool Aid crew.    This was rich kids and FOMO.  

Then again, Maybe it is the same mentality as a cult.   who knows. 

I'm just throwing this out there for my FFA peoples though --  If you ever , EVER see me spending more than about nine bucks on anything that JA Rule had a hand in creating or promoting, you'll know that they've gotten to me, I have been compromised and I am not to be trusted.  In fact, probably best to just shove me off a tall building so at least the wife and kid can collect on my life insurance.  

I can blame the religious/cult aspect of the Jones Kool Aid crew.    This was rich kids and FOMO.  

I'm just throwing this out there for my FFA peoples though --  If you ever , EVER see me spending more than about nine bucks on anything that JA Rule had a hand in creating or promoting, you'll know that they've gotten to me, I have been compromised and I am not to be trusted.  In fact, probably best to just shove me off a tall building so at least the wife and kid can collect on my life insurance.  
What about Major Lazer?  $8.00?

What if I can attach Steven Seagal to the project?

Crazy, crazy story from start to finish.  Nothing gets done on time in The Bahamas - nothing.  Honestly surprised that the locals that didn't get paid didn't get even more violent, or kidnap a few of them for ransom.  There were hundreds of guys working 10-16 hour days for days if not weeks, and never got paid for their labor. 

The event got lucky in a way that after about a third of the attendees showed up they started keeping guests at the airport.  Had they all been there at the same time that first evening, it could have gotten much worse. 

Like the clowns tearing apart any of the tents near them and pissing on the mattresses. 
Yeah, I didn't understand urinating on the mattresses.  What did that do?  Mark territory?  Were they just sleeping in their own piss?  Is this like sneezing on a pizza so others won't take a slice?  So confused.

What if I can attach Steven Seagal to the project?
True story, I just watched (sort of anyway, it was on and I didn't change the channel) ABOVE THE LAW yesterday.

running list:
9 bucks for Ja Rule.

zero cents for Major Lazor , sorry @Officer Pete Malloy

4 bucks for Steven Segal.  with a few exceptions   I'd be willing to go a lot higher if:

1. Sensei is in session and he pulls Anderson Silva or Lyoto Machida along.  
  2.  if anyone finds the video where Gene Labell choked out Segal,  and Segal subsequently #### in his pants.   

Yeah, I didn't understand urinating on the mattresses.  What did that do?  Mark territory?  Were they just sleeping in their own piss?  Is this like sneezing on a pizza so others won't take a slice?  So confused.
I think I remember someone saying "we didn't want neighbors" so they were trying to make nearby tents unlivable.   It really did turn into Lord of the Flies.

And y'all bagging on millennials for being so dumb to fall for this crap are forgetting that we have generations and generations of people handing their money over to televangelists and other  religious wackadoos who live large on the hard earned dollars of dolts.  I mean, good lord...Pat Robertson is worth $100 Million.  He blamed Hurricane Katrina on abortion.   

And y'all bagging on millennials for being so dumb to fall for this crap are forgetting that we have generations and generations of people handing their money over to televangelists and other  religious wackadoos who live large on the hard earned dollars of dolts.  I mean, good lord...Pat Robertson is worth $100 Million.  He blamed Hurricane Katrina on abortion.   

millennials: just as dumb as all the other dummies we've got.  

TAKE THAT, BABY BOOMERS

:shrug:

"A butterfly flaps its wings in Peking and eventually Susie is getting an abortion in Chicago, and then a hurricane forms in the Gulf"

-Dr. Ian Malcolm

Well, tbh, I think the Gen Xers are the only reasonable people out there.

Sincerely,

Guy who attended an Amway meeting once
my first non-fast food job as a teenager, I worked in a bookstore.  I gave some guy really good customer service, apparently.  he told me he wanted to buy me lunch and talk about a business opportunity.   At that point I had no idea what amway was.  

This guy was about 30 or 35, and it took 16 year old me about 5 minutes to figure out this guy was a dip####.  I think it was that he kept referring to the business acumen of the head of Chrysler.  You know the guy, Lee Iacocca.   Except, this guy kept calling him "I. Leah-coka".   It was on that day in 1989 that I decided Amway was not for me.  

But hey, free lunch.   :shrug:   

You ain’t wrong 

You ain’t wrong 
And somehow certain posters today have decided that Bezos is the problem in this world that warrants the wrath of virtual pitchfork and torches. 

:bag:

But its like when I'm listening to a baseball podcast and they're reviewing players, but I get distracted for a moment when they say his name. And then I listen to the next five minutes of analysis when I don't know wtf they are talking about. I could rewind and try and find the 2 seconds where they say his name, or they could repeat it now and then during the analysis. Is desiring more efficient communication a boomer thing?
It's a lack of professional ability on their part. They can't assume that everyone heard them earlier. Good announcers will repeat the name, the same way good radio play by play guys tell you the score more than once.

Users who are viewing this thread