What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need restaurant suggestions for Orlando, FL (1 Viewer)

dickey moe

Fingerpicker
Wife and I are in Orlando for the night and are in the mood for some Surf n Turf. Something casual but good. Suggestions?

We're close to the airport. We've heard good things about Eddie V's but not sure if it's worth the 30 min drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, there's a bunch of chain/dreck by the airport and not a lot else. 

I think there's a Bonefish down that way, last I checked.  May be your best bet of available options. 

One of the restaurants at the Marriott had pretty good steaks, once upon a time.  Crimson....something(sorry.  Been a while).  No idea if it's still there, even.

Eddie Vs is really good, but I only go there on the company tab. There are more affordable options, but you're in no man's land out there by the airport. 

rustycolts said:
Lone Cabbage is pretty good but its probably 30 minutes away too.Its different though you might enjoy it.
In Cocoa? I drive past that place every day on the way home from work but have never been there. Always wanted to though. 

In Cocoa? I drive past that place every day on the way home from work but have never been there. Always wanted to though. 
Yep use to go there all the time before we moved to Eustis .Great place cool atmosphere.We use to skip school and head over to the east coast to go fishing we always stopped there on the way back.That was over 40 years ago lots of great memories there.

Man you must be having a hell of a time getting back and forth to work with them closing 520 and the Beeline as much as they have cause of all the fires.

back in the day we called a whaler and a whopper the old surf and turf and brohans believe me that is some good stuff take that to the bank bromigos 

Man you must be having a hell of a time getting back and forth to work with them closing 520 and the Beeline as much as they have cause of all the fires.
It sucked balls. 2 weeks straight I had to take 95 SOUTH 15 miles to 192 and take that all the way up through St. Cloud to the Turnpike. 100 minutes. Even when they only closed the Beachline it sucked because all the westbound traffic was funneled onto 520. 500 cars in one lane trying to turn left across the eastbound lanes to get onto 528. I did it once and it took 2 1/2 hours. Seems like the worst is over though, thank God. 

Paddlefish at Disney Springs too.  4 Rivers Smokehouse is solid as well.
4 Rivers are popping up all over now. Wish that was the case when I lived up there. I used to have to wait an hour in line for food from the original location, now there's one a mile from my old house in Hunter's Creek. I would have eaten there at least twice a week. Their brisket is the absolute ( o Y o) 

Yep use to go there all the time before we moved to Eustis .Great place cool atmosphere.We use to skip school and head over to the east coast to go fishing we always stopped there on the way back.That was over 40 years ago lots of great memories there.
It's been there that long? I guess I was always scared off by the fact that it's kind of rough-looking from the highway, plus the fact that it's a restaurant-slash-airboat ride place. :lol:

Places that look like that are invariably either real gems or complete dumps. I never knew which it was, but now that I have real FBG recos, I'll definitely go at some point. 

Ravenous Pig.  Great food.
It's pretty good....also nowhere near the airport.

4 Rivers are popping up all over now. Wish that was the case when I lived up there. I used to have to wait an hour in line for food from the original location, now there's one a mile from my old house in Hunter's Creek. I would have eaten there at least twice a week. Their brisket is the absolute ( o Y o) 
I think 4 Rivers is pretty overrated.  MUCH rather have good old "boring" Bubba Lou's to any other BBQ in O-town.

When did you live in Hunter's Creek?  I'm not 100% certain, but you and I were probably working just a couple of blocks from each other back in the "Clyde" days without actually realizing it. 

It's pretty good....also nowhere near the airport.

I think 4 Rivers is pretty overrated.  MUCH rather have good old "boring" Bubba Lou's to any other BBQ in O-town.

When did you live in Hunter's Creek?  I'm not 100% certain, but you and I were probably working just a couple of blocks from each other back in the "Clyde" days without actually realizing it. 
2008-2012. I still work in the same building I worked in during the Clyde incident - South Orlando near Sand Lake/JYP

It's been there that long? I guess I was always scared off by the fact that it's kind of rough-looking from the highway, plus the fact that it's a restaurant-slash-airboat ride place. :lol:

Places that look like that are invariably either real gems or complete dumps. I never knew which it was, but now that I have real FBG recos, I'll definitely go at some point. 
Yea its been there a long time.You should really give it a try.I think you would enjoy it.Here is a brief article that gives a little history.

http://brevard.happeningmag.com/lone-cabbage

2008-2012. I still work in the same building I worked in during the Clyde incident - South Orlando near Sand Lake/JYP
Okay, it was more than a few blocks, but I was on the end of Sand Lake nearer to Kirkman for a span in there.

You drive the whole damn way from Brevard to ####### John Young every day?  Good Lord, brother....  I did the beach to downtown for 9 months when I first hit Florida.  Never doing that noise again unless I was getting a million dollars.

Incidentally.....if anyone is looking to pay a digital artist a million bucks to drive from the Space Coast to downtown Orlando, FL I know someone who is between jobs.

Okay, it was more than a few blocks, but I was on the end of Sand Lake nearer to Kirkman for a span in there.

You drive the whole damn way from Brevard to ####### John Young every day?  Good Lord, brother....  I did the beach to downtown for 9 months when I first hit Florida.  Never doing that noise again unless I was getting a million dollars.

Incidentally.....if anyone is looking to pay a digital artist a million bucks to drive from the Space Coast to downtown Orlando, FL I know someone who is between jobs.
I sure do. It sucks, but I got sick of being so far from the beach. I got a condo in Cocoa Beach right on the sand for 2 years on a rent-to-own lease planning to buy it and the guy got cold feet once the market started recovering and decided not to sell. Everything I could find near there was either a fairly old, fairly run down fixer upper or insanely expensive oceanfront. My mother and brother both live in Viera, so I started looking around there and found an incredibly good deal on a nice house in a great neighborhood. This area is on a major rise with million dollar homes and high end retail popping up all over. My house has gained 30 percent in value in 3 years. It's so safe that our neighbors left their garage door open overnight twice with no issue. You can leave your house unlocked if you want, not easy to find enclaves like that here these days.

Everything about the decision has been fantastic. Except the drive. That part bites. But after spending 5 years driving from central NJ to the WC every day, it's a picnic by comparison. 

I sure do. It sucks, but I got sick of being so far from the beach. I got a condo in Cocoa Beach right on the sand for 2 years on a rent-to-own lease planning to buy it and the guy got cold feet once the market started recovering and decided not to sell. Everything I could find near there was either a fairly old, fairly run down fixer upper or insanely expensive oceanfront. My mother and brother both live in Viera, so I started looking around there and found an incredibly good deal on a nice house in a great neighborhood. This area is on a major rise with million dollar homes and high end retail popping up all over. My house has gained 30 percent in value in 3 years. It's so safe that our neighbors left their garage door open overnight twice with no issue. You can leave your house unlocked if you want, not easy to find enclaves like that here these days.

Everything about the decision has been fantastic. Except the drive. That part bites. But after spending 5 years driving from central NJ to the WC every day, it's a picnic by comparison. 
Yeah, I guess just about anything would be by comparison. :)   Which part of the beach was the condo on?  North part or south part?

Wife and I have toyed with the idea of moving back to Brevard since we got back to FL earlier this year....she's a beach girl born and raised (Vero)....but we both pretty much know the reality of that is low.  Just no jobs for either of us over there (or at least ones that actually, you know, want to pay what you're worth) and, as you say, if you want to live near the water a ton of the places are just really, really run down anymore.  Or are 50 yards from the beach and are a couple million dollars.

Haven't been to Viera in a 100 years.  Was in Rockledge a couple/three years back to hit Amigos before we bolted FL for parts West.  Finally got back to the beach a couple of weeks ago.  I need to do a "Brevard Crawl" and hit all my old haunts.  Sad part is that most are likely gone or have gone totally redneck ghetto.

Yeah, I guess just about anything would be by comparison. :)   Which part of the beach was the condo on?  North part or south part?

Wife and I have toyed with the idea of moving back to Brevard since we got back to FL earlier this year....she's a beach girl born and raised (Vero)....but we both pretty much know the reality of that is low.  Just no jobs for either of us over there (or at least ones that actually, you know, want to pay what you're worth) and, as you say, if you want to live near the water a ton of the places are just really, really run down anymore.  Or are 50 yards from the beach and are a couple million dollars.

Haven't been to Viera in a 100 years.  Was in Rockledge a couple/three years back to hit Amigos before we bolted FL for parts West.  Finally got back to the beach a couple of weeks ago.  I need to do a "Brevard Crawl" and hit all my old haunts.  Sad part is that most are likely gone or have gone totally redneck ghetto.
Condo was just south of Minutemen Causeway. 73 yards exactly from my balcony to the deck at Coconuts. It was actually one of the newer buildings in the area, built in '86. Still had the original tile floor and appliances too. :lol: I was planning a massive renovation but.. oh well.  

I'd kill to fund good-paying work nearby, but as you correctly point out, all the jobs are in O-Town. I vastly prefer living down here so unless I get incredibly lucky, this commute's not going anywhere. 

Condo was just south of Minutemen Causeway. 73 yards exactly from my balcony to the deck at Coconuts. It was actually one of the newer buildings in the area, built in '86. Still had the original tile floor and appliances too. :lol: I was planning a massive renovation but.. oh well.  

I'd kill to fund good-paying work nearby, but as you correctly point out, all the jobs are in O-Town. I vastly prefer living down here so unless I get incredibly lucky, this commute's not going anywhere. 
I'm not even having luck there, honestly.  Been here for a few months and I'm still looking for an in-house position.

Anyway, derailing thread.  I shall stop.

Users who are viewing this thread